2.5 y.o. and preschool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we recently enrolled our DD (nearly 2.5 y.o.) in spanish immersion preschool for 2 days a week, 4 hours a day. it has only been 3 days but since day 2 she has started say, "no school" when we mention school at all. when we dropped her off on tuesday she cried but we said our goodbyes anyway. then i went in the hall to cry. within 2 minutes she was no longer crying and engaged with some others playing with babies. the teachers say that she is busy with the other children and doesn't cry while she is there. and she happily greets us when we pick her up. i want to hear other experiences or some advice. am i doing the right thing by sending her even though she says "no?" i like to listen to her and really acknowledge when she says "no" (within reason, of course.)
also, since school started nap time and bedtime have become a nightmare.
what do you think, mommas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfairy79 View Post
we recently enrolled our DD (nearly 2.5 y.o.) in spanish immersion preschool for 2 days a week, 4 hours a day. it has only been 3 days but since day 2 she has started say, "no school" when we mention school at all. when we dropped her off on tuesday she cried but we said our goodbyes anyway. then i went in the hall to cry. within 2 minutes she was no longer crying and engaged with some others playing with babies. the teachers say that she is busy with the other children and doesn't cry while she is there. and she happily greets us when we pick her up. i want to hear other experiences or some advice. am i doing the right thing by sending her even though she says "no?" i like to listen to her and really acknowledge when she says "no" (within reason, of course.)
also, since school started nap time and bedtime have become a nightmare.
what do you think, mommas???
Personally I'd give it a little longer, say, two weeks. And then if she was still having problems I'd try again when she's 3 or 3.5 if you want her to have the spanish exposure. Really though it sounds as if she's enjoying it once she is there. The transitions are usually harder, but hopefully not too much longer and she'll be loving it all!

Julie, wife and mother. I love my little ones: DS ::Corbin Randall---6/06 and DD :Morgan Reese 12/08.

User Tag List