Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Not where I want to be living.....
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank so much for the support, all of this empathy tells me that I'm definitely not alone out there.
The dietary suggestion is GREAT! I definitely feel that DS's diet leaves a lot to be desired. It's very frustrating because I nursed for 3 years and DH and I went without organics so DS's diet could be completely organic. When he went into daycare at 11 months I pumped and kept up the great diet but going into pre-school ruined it. So many parents pack toddler appealing crap food and we actually had a problem with weight gain because he refused his food and wanted the stuff the other kids had. I started backing off and allowing the crap items into his diet. One by one they have completely permeated our home and I hate it.
My child has about a 70% organic diet (rice and some other grains with husks are not organic) with almost no processed sugar and absolutely no food dyes.
She still tantrums.
So, while I agree that every child needs a healthy diet, diet may not solve all your problems.
Doing my best every day with DH , DD (11) , and DS (4)
this is a thread that I posted when dd was about 3 1/2. For sale: One gently used 3 year old. It's a tough age.
Things to think about:
1. SLEEP! Not enough sleep makes life much worse
2. Regular snacks with protein/fat. If you're going to work on improving diet, remove artificial colors first.
3. Connection time DAILY. 30 minutes when you come home from work can make a huge difference.
4. Regular routine. My irregular child needs much more of a routine than my regular one. She doesn't have the internal clock that helps regulate her.
5. Deep breathing (for you!) and time for YOU to recharge.
|26 members and 14,047 guests|
|Alini , anisaer , arrrstin , Avv821 , chispita , Diana2017 , emmy526 , fastcare , Fluffer , JHardy , katelove , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , manyhatsmom , mckittre , Michele123 , mkat , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , sren , sunnyrain , Suzanne van Dyk , thefragile7393 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|