Mothering Forum banner

DD want to pee standing up!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Clarity 
#1 ·
I'm not sure we are ready to potty train but...

DD is 21 months and completely uninterested in removing poopy diapers and won't answer if I ask her if she's poopy or wet. (She hates having to lie still to be changed too.) But she does love to sit on her little potty and keep me company. She loves to play with the potty and also to "help" flush and dump her poop in the big potty. I think she knows when she's dirty, but would rather not stop playing to be changed.

She also loves to watch her babysitter's sons pee and poop, but they pee standing up. So now she leans over her potty and pretends to pee with sound effects and everything. She is also convinced that pee comes out of her belly button instead of her crotch.

When we talk about gender, its clear to me she doesn't really understand gender yet. I keep reading that they do, but its not what I'm heaing from her.

I'm fine with where we are at. I'm in no rush and think the standing up thing is the funniest thing ever.

Part of me says put it off. She's showing no sign of being ready, she's not even 2, can't get herself undressed, and its too cold right now to run arround w/o pants. Also this summer I'm off from work, so no babysitter. And warmer weather means no pants is easier.

And the other part of me says. She's really bright, loves ritual, and loves to pretend to potty. So why not...

So I wonder mommas who have older boys and younger girls, how does this work? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

See less See more
#2 ·
:LOL :LOL :LOL

I just had to laugh when I saw this cause it's a little joke in my family that I just LOVED to pee standing up. Apparently I was just fascinated with my Daddy as a little girl and followed him everywhere including the bathroom. I would watch him shave and he would put some shaving cream on my face and let me "shave". Well, I guess I also saw him peeing so I ALWAYS wanted to pee standing up, so my dad would stand me up on the seat of the toilet and let me pee standing up!!!

I bet there was a big 'ole mess for him to clean up, but he let me do it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.