18 month old: Whole milk and brushing teeth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-23-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are actually 2 separate questions but I'm lazy. So, we wiped DD's gums before she had teeth and now erratically brushrd her teeth. Her tooth growth has been slow. She had her central incisors (4 and that was it for the longest time) and now is getting her laterals and molars. Anyway, she wanted to copy us and brush her teeth and she does a pretty good job sucking on her toothbrush (no toothpaste!). But either we forget lately or she just wants nothing to do with her toothbrush. Should we start using training toothpaste for one and secondly how should we start being more directive with her brushing her teeth? Us doing it (which will make her squeal in anger)/

She now nurses on average only morning and night..2 times a day. Except, when I'm home 4 days a week she may nurse a couple of times more. If she's not feeling well...a lot more. How much whole milk should she have? She goes through a 1/2 gallon of organic whole milk in 3 days at daycare. Just wondering how much she should be getting.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi we use Tom's of Maine toothpaste, they make a flouride free one that is safe to swallow. I started using it the second she got her first tooth. As for getting those teeth brushed twice a day I keep DD tooth stuff by the kitchen sink so I can't forget to do it as I will see it when I am cleaning up breakfast. Then we have an agreement that I brush her teeth first THEN it is her turn to brush it is equally important for those teeth to be clean and her to know how to use the brush. It did take some squealing at first until she got that if she was patient she would get her turn. But squealing or not those babies need to be clean! ( I worked for a root canal dentist before DD and saw too many kids needing RC's)

As for the whole milk question DD is allergic so we use soy, but hopefully someone can help you out on that one!

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page