September 07 mamas Giving Thanks - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 128 Old 11-15-2009, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sunshine... i am in tears for you. i have no words for what you're going through, but you are strong. your girls are strong. i hope things are right soon.

sending you prayers and love and sunshine and light.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#62 of 128 Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 AM

Oh sunshine, I just can't believe you're going through this. Love and strength and tons of hugs being sent your way!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#63 of 128 Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM

Sunshine-
I am thinking of you and hoping and praying that all works out for the best.

As you said, you have many friends here, and in real life, and there is so much love and support coming to you right now.

Stay strong and know that the truth will come out, and your girls will come back to you.

Please take care of yourself. I know that is easier said that done but you daughters need you to be strong and healthy and clear-headed.

hugs, mama
#64 of 128 Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM

What I don't understand is why there wasn't a visit from social workers before the order was carried out..

A few years ago we were wrongfully reported on suspicion of child abuse/neglect by the washing-machine repair guy, and within two hours there were social workers at our door. Once they came in and saw the kids and the house and spoke to me they saw that everything was ok -other than the fact that I had no support and was a bit overwhelmed with 3 young children...
We had to have regular visits with a case-worker for a few months but then it was case closed. I can't imagine if they had just swept in and taken the children, or if i was denied access to them without any proof of wrongdoing. Of course, this was in Germany so I know things are different there but still...
#65 of 128 Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Sunshine: I'm speechless. I am so glad you have friends and loved ones who can see you through this. I can't even imagine. Stay strong, mama.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#66 of 128 Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
What I don't understand is why there wasn't a visit from social workers before the order was carried out..

A few years ago we were wrongfully reported on suspicion of child abuse/neglect by the washing-machine repair guy, and within two hours there were social workers at our door. Once they came in and saw the kids and the house and spoke to me they saw that everything was ok -other than the fact that I had no support and was a bit overwhelmed with 3 young children...
We had to have regular visits with a case-worker for a few months but then it was case closed. I can't imagine if they had just swept in and taken the children, or if i was denied access to them without any proof of wrongdoing. Of course, this was in Germany so I know things are different there but still...
BC that's not the way things work in the States? I don't know. The ONLY allegations are coming from him. And he didn't go to Children Protective Services. He went straight to the courts to file on advice of his atty I suppose.

But I have been denied complete access to them. If I go within 500 feet of him, the kids, their school, I can go to jail for up to 5 years. If I am in the grocery store and he walks in with the girls, I have to leave or I am in violation of the order and can go to jail.

It's insanity.

I'll know more tomorrow, sometime, after my lawyer contacts his lawyer....tomorrow will be the longest day of my life I think.

I can only hope that he isn't feeding dd1's head full of sh!t about me and trying to get her to say things that aren't true. I just don't know.

I went to my part time job today to try to get a bit of normal and just floated through it like a robot and hyper focused on the mom's there with their little girls around my girls age shopping and had to go in the back for the rest of the shift and tag clothes bc I was crying. My boss is fantastic.

It was even harder bring just 4.2 miles away from the girls and not being able to go HOME and be with them.

The hearing is Thursday.......hopefully the sun will shine and I can take them home but I have a feeling they will make me jump through hoops first. Until now, he's always viewed the time I've been at work or at dinner with a friend as babysitting. The minute I get back in the house, before my shoes are off, he's out the door and back in the garage.

Much love.
#67 of 128 Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Gia No need to apologize. I don’t think a single one of us can even comprehend surviving what you’re going through right now. If we can help you in any way…please, just ask. My heart is breaking for you. Your strength amazes me. I don’t think I could even breathe or function a minute without my DS. I can’t believe that someone you trusted, you loved could betray you like this. I just hope that the courts have a modicum of sense and realize it is all complete BS. My thoughts and prayers are with you mama.

Plaid I agree. It really shouldn’t be based on a simple accusation. How could they do this without demonstrated proof??

Hi all. I can’t believe how things are right now. I just want to make it all better. This group is amazing though. When I think of all the things you’ve been through together and stayed strong through it all…this too will be a distant memory soon I’m sure. And all will be well.

We spent 4 ½ hours last night in the ER with Marty because he was coughing horribly, wheezing, and running fevers all day. I’m sure my mom’s cats and dog (she’s dog sitting for my brother) didn’t help with Marty’s allergies, but that’s just details. They’re calling it croop. I’m not really buying it. IDK what it is, but I have a feeling there’s a breathing issue and I don’t even want to deal with that. Respiratory illness is so scary. DH was a total DB in the ER too. It started off ok, but then he got “bored” decided to use my cell phone to surf the net, ran the battery down and decided to get annoyed at Marty for being fidgety. It was way past his bedtime and he was asked to sit still and be quiet for 4 ½ hours – I’m sorry, but that’s unreasonable for a 2 year old. He looked at him and said “Gee, you’re not acting that sick.” I was so pissed, but acting so didn’t help, so I bit my tongue. A shot of steroids later and a loooong night’s sleep (thank you God ) and he seems worlds better. Off to the ped in a minute to close the loop and hopefully back to school soon. At least DH offered to take tomorrow off if he needs too…gee, it’s about time!!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#68 of 128 Old 11-18-2009, 03:29 PM

Oh there is just nowhere to go with this thread.

sunshine'smama, I hope you get rays of light back in your life very soon.

Jessica, I hope you and Marty are both feeling much better and stay that way for a bit.

for everyone else re: flu, travel, heartburn, and whatever else comes your way.

I am not ready for winter holidays. I must be getting old because time is moving much faster. I think of all the gatherings and celebrations as a way to make it through the dark days of winter. It isn't exactly a pagan solstice idea but close. Anyway, I feel like we are barely in the beginning shadows yet we are already celebrating. Daylight savings time was just a few days ago and my town had Christmas light up and on already?! I don't even know who is coming for Thanksgiving or what we are having given that it isn't turkey or tofurkey.

Also, I am tired of enforcing our house rules all the time. Really, one butt per toilet at a time and keep your panties on when we have company. These rules are not overly strict and will serve most people well most of their lives. My mom thought it was cute when my sister and I would share the pot but my girls must be sloppier than we were. Rule #2 is just a good idea for so many reasons.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#69 of 128 Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 PM

I think those are two excellent house rules...and I can't for the life of me imagine even a Lucy-sized bum sharing the toilet seat with another person and managing to um, not miss!

#70 of 128 Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM

I have no idea how two bums can possibly fit on a toilet at the same time, your girls are magicians!

Hugs, sunshine I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best, tomorrow.

So it looks like we'll be moving next week sometime, now. The housing people don't communicate well with my neighborhood housing center. I can't get transportation orders until Friday, then I have to try and make it to a briefing in the afternoon and hopefully get a date for movers. Then I have to make it back and put in a notice with my housing people that I'm leaving. Saturday I can hopefully pick up the keys. One of our friends just came back from deployment and said he would help me out with this so I'm going to see if he can watch the kids on Friday while I'm at the briefing.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#71 of 128 Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM

mommajb I think your house rules are more than reasonable. I’m a major dictator in comparison!! IKWYM about being the only one to enforce them though – I completely feel your pain there. And on the holiday decorations…my neighbors, across the street, put their Christmas lights up today. Seriously? Now I can’t look out the window without the holiday nonsense blinking in my face. I still have my pumpkins, autumn leaves, and turkey decorations out. We’re still a week from Thanksgiving for crying out loud I can’t stand it!!

Katie My head is spinning thinking of all you have to do to get ready to move. You are amazing I hope it all goes smoothly for you!!

Well we were back to work/school today and thankfully everything was mostly ok except for a pee pee accident, Marty’s not mine , the teacher said he had a good day. Oh, and picking through the stew they made for lunch…um yeah, who the heck eats that stuff?? I certainly don’t make stew…gross.

My belly showed up sometime last night. Even one of my co-workers made a comment today. Thankfully it was a nice one It is so strange…it’s like I went to bed looking like a normal but slightly bloated person and woke up with a bump. Bizarre, but I’m ok with it. At 16 weeks I guess it’s time It just suddenly feels real…yeah, 4 months, 2 ultra sounds and I’m the one still in denial…there’s something wrong with me!

Sunshine Sending you all the love I can…wishing we could be there with you tomorrow. I hope you know that we’ll all be thinking of you, anxiously waiting to hear what I hope will be good news Just know in your heart, no matter what, you are a good person, a great mother and that this will be made right.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#72 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 AM

gia...thinking of you today. send you love and light and some overall good stuff.

#73 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
gia...thinking of you today. send you love and light and some overall good stuff.
Me too! Me too!

Mighty-Mama
#74 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
Me too! Me too!
me three

#75 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM

more of happiness for you Gia!

#76 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Love and light and happiness to you and your girls!
#77 of 128 Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Linus is not blessed with a golden tongue. He was a late talker and now it seems all of his consonants have turned into a simple breathe stop of sorts. He is speaking in complete sentences and I have no idea what he is saying.

It made dh laugh out loud when he greeted him at the door with a very long winded complaint this evening. It really is the only response possible sometimes.

#78 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 AM

mommajb that's so funny. I love when they get all passionate and dramatic when they're talking and you're only understanding maybe 50% of it. It's the sweetest, funniest, most adorable thing. They really are little people!!

Good morning mamas! Waiting on pins and needles to hear about Gianna. I hope it all went ok yesterday..her FB post makes me optomistic

Marty gave me the best gift this morning...he slept through the night AND got out of bed this morning on his own, walked into the bathroom where I was with a big smile and said "Good morning Mommy!" Oh, if every morning could be like that - no fighting, no crying, no wetting the bed through his pull-up. Then of course, I couldn't get my tush out the door to save my life...he wanted pancakes, we stopped at a drive-thru and I dropped my ATM card under my truck, then I went to throw out a cup and missed the garbage can. I'm ready to wrap myself in bubble wrap because I'm such a clutz!

Have a great day everyone

Mighty-Mama
#79 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

mommajb - excellent house rules. And cuteness about the talking. C's kinda the same way except she's becoming more and more articulate.

MrsB - we make pancakes (C calls them "cake cakes") quite often around here which is both a blessing and a curse. Since C figured out how to say "cake cakes?" she pretty much requests them for every meal.

Sunshine - sending you good vibes and hoping for good news

Katie - I know the move is good for you but sheesh, I can't believe you have to move AGAIN. So soon. Hopefully you'll have less tyrannical neighbors.

Ishy - how you feeling?

#80 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM

waiting to hear about gia. praying that things went well!

on a side note, today is my 30th birthday. roro's been giving me super big hugs all morning, and saying, "those are birthday hugs for YOU, mama!" i'm so lucky.

#81 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM

FG: I'm feeling good, how about you?? My pubic bone is bothering me again, not nearly as bad as it was with Lucy, but I'm hoping the chiro can help me tonight.

Lindsay: Happy birthday!

Hoping we hear from Sunshine soon...

#82 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 10:55 AM

to you Linsay!

FG - 34 weeks?! Is it going by quickly for you too?
Ishy, I hope you are relatively painfree soon.

I'm another one looking for an update from Sunshine.

#83 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Lindsay to you mama!!

Rachel I can’t believe it’s 34 weeks already for you! That went really fast. Is the second time flying for you too?? I feel like I’m running out of time already

Just stopped in for a minute to see if there were any updates…back to work!

Mighty-Mama
#84 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 04:14 PM

I'm 24.5 weeks, it must be Alicia who's 34--but holy moly Alicia!

#85 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Happy Birthday Lindsay!!!!
#86 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Rachel - Whoops! sorry for rushing you along!

Mighty-Mama
#87 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Happy birthday, Lindsay!

You know, I got mighty confuse when Rachel was suddenly 34 weeks
I look like I swallowed a human sized light bulb. This kid is sooo much lower than Chaya.

#88 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 07:03 PM

They pushed the move date back because we have more than 5000 pounds of stuff, so we'll be moving on Nov. 30th or Dec. 1st. I really just want to get this over with and get into a new house. I was really hoping we'd get in before Thanksgiving because of all the people come to visit but we'll just have to make do with limited space, and I will have to try and keep my house looking like a war zone during the pre-move chaos

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#89 of 128 Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Alicia, I feel the same way! She's like constantly sitting on my stomach and intestines. I can't eat even a smallish "regular" meal without feeling sick from being so full. Blech!

#90 of 128 Old 11-21-2009, 09:22 PM

I took Liam to urgent care today, that was the only way to get him seen quickly. Never been to this clinic before but it was probably the best doctor visit we have ever had. He developed a rash all around his mouth and chin and I was concerned for impetigo so I brought him in. He's been sick for about a month now with not much break in-between colds as well. He didn't want to be weighed and got upset about that, but afterward everybody was his best friend. He didn't even flinch when they took his blood to check for infection (probably because of his sensory issues). He didn't like the bandaid though and promptly took that off.

He doesn't have an infection and the doc doesn't think it's impetigo but probably due to the constant runny nose and irritation, so we got some cream for that and some drugs for his chest congestion. I hate giving him stuff but his body hasn't had a break at all and nothing I'm doing is working. It's like his body is trying to catch up for never being sick as an infant by catching every bug going around right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page