September 07 mamas Giving Thanks - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 128 Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jeanine, I would so love to go hunt a tree for $10! But I guess the advantage of paying a tree farm is they shape them all year. Is the natural shape that much different? Hope the essences help you quickly! Have you tried amino acids? I was telling a friend about GABA the other day and she's found it very helpful. It's pretty amazing, if it's the thing you need.

Plaid, Judah is driving me nuts, too! He comes to me when he's hungry/thirsty/tired, and I have to redirect him to whatever it is he *really* needs. I am okay with nursing still, but not ALL. THE. TIME. I love that he knows how to spell his name! How much fun!

Katie, . I imagine all the transition is tough on all of you! I hope Liam evens out quickly, for all of your sakes. Could he be going through a growth spurt of some sort, with wanting to eat so much? Or could that be soothing to him somehow? Hope you find the wisdom to sort out how to help him!

I'm sooooo tired today. I laid down with Judah at 3:30, and roused slightly in what I thought was the dead of night when he woke to nurse (one advantage of napping with him is he naps longer!). I then realized we had only been napping, but it had gotten dark out! I was sooo hoping to just sleep through the night, but DH insisted I get up. Sigh. His mom is still here, and he said I was being antisocial. I said it's not antisocial to be asleep. :P

MIL had never seen the new Narnia movies, so we watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe tonight. The big boys were allowed (for the first time) to watch the tame parts of it, and were sent out for the intense/yucky/battle parts. Judah snuggled so nicely for much of it! It was great. I love it when he snuggles but *doesn't* think that means he needs to be nursing. Of course, that only lasted so long.

Must move laundry and get to bed...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#122 of 128 Old 11-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeanine Sorry about all your traffic with tree shopping, but $10 a tree is amazing!! We got artificial a few years ago because I couldn’t deal with spending all that money and the mess. They smell so nice though Sorry you’re so stressed. I can’t even imagine. That’s a lot to deal with at being antisocial in France…I like that plan. I like it a lot!! I hate Christmas because of all the family BS. Seriously. Between the family and all the stupid presents…I’m so done already and it isn’t even December yet!!

Plaid wow! What a smarty pants That’s really awesome that Yann is recognizing letters. Marty will say the letters with you as you spell his name, but doesn’t recognize them 100% when he sees them. Of course the school calling him Martin and writing it on everything and us using Marty is confusing…blame DH! for your DH and the job!!

Katie to you and Liam and Laine I really feel for all of you – so much adjustment in such a short time. I’m sure he’ll be ok soon. Just be as patient and gentle as you can. You’re a great mama…he’ll be fine and so loved in your care

I seriously have ADD or something. I don’t want to do anything today and can’t focus for anything. My brain is like a gnat on a pile of you-know-what. I just want to go home and stare at the wall…I seriously cannot concentrate on anything.

DS woke up SO early this morning, then fell asleep in the car on the way to school (he NEVER does that). He cried when I woke him up when we got to school That always makes me so sad. Of course it lasted for all of 30 seconds, but still. I felt horrible. I just want to go scoop him up, go home, and snuggle…of course he would never let me do that

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#123 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Holy cow, what a week! My sister is still here, but she leaves tomorrow morning. The ILs left today and my parents went home Saturday morning. The constant attention focused on C. has been good for her and good for me but, like everything, I feel a tug when she pulls away from me and exerts her independence. Grass is always greener, eh?

I had a MW appointment today. I see her again on the 21 and then my EDD is the 30th!? I have to find out when she's gonna come to my house for a visit. I'd hate for her to get lost on the way to the birth I'm measuring small even though I feel huge and compared to pictures, I am larger than with C. I didn't gain any weight between these two apts, much to my surprise. Babe is in a good position and wiggling/kicking up a storm as I surf the web. My tummy is dancing to it's own beat

katie - the house looks great!

jeanine - I christmas decorations and trees. I think it's super swell that you get to cut your own. We were in Shasta with C Dec 2007 and the trees they had in the motels were amazing! How tall are yours?

Heather - I love naps. Never take them, but I love the idea of them

Plaid - I wonder if Y A N P M X is code for something...

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#124 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
jeanine - I christmas decorations and trees. I think it's super swell that you get to cut your own. We were in Shasta with C Dec 2007 and the trees they had in the motels were amazing! How tall are yours?
They're probably like 9 feet tall - but the bottoms will get cut off, most likely. One year we poached a 17 foot tall tree. It seriously didn't look that big out in the forest next to the 50 foot trees. Luckily we lived in a house with a 2-story living room. We had to climb the stairs to the bedrooms to decorate the top of it

Before we moved to the boonies we had an artificial tree. If we didn't live in the middle of the forest we'd still have an artificial tree.

We use last year's tree trunk as our yule log for this year's solstice candle holder center piece thing. Kinda cool. DH wants to do a solstice party again this year. That so doesn't jive with my anti-social desires.

We spent today in reno. ugh. loooong day. ANd I have to go back fairly soon to shop for the kids. They had to come today because they needed shoes and boots and stuff they needed to try on.

Mama to three  
#125 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 04:07 PM

It all sounds so wonderful in theory. I am not sure I can cope with much celebratory decorating this year. I like to give the house a thorough cleaning beforewe drag the stuff out but I can't get ahead of the kids on this one. They started last night with the stockings and the walls are already closin gin on me. I keep reminding myself how much better it wil be in January when it is all put away. Last year I think I started putting it away on Christmas. Maybe I just like to stay ahead of the curve.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#126 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM

"closin gin" - for a moment I thought that was slang for drinking.

Mama to three  
#127 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM

Faliciagayle Um, yeah, I’d say the midwife should stop by before the “big show” Sheesh…you’re getting SO close!! This is very exciting

Jeanine The Yule log idea is a great one it!! What a nice little tradition you guys have going there though. I can’t imagine a 17’ tree looking small – we had to search for one under 7’ so it’d fit in our house-built-for-dwarves Seriously, I have no idea why all our ceilings are so low I painted DS’ bedroom ceiling without a stepstool or ladder and I’m only 5’5”

[b]mommajb[/] I always put ALL the presents away right after we open them. It drives DH crazy (which of course makes me do it even faster). I can’t stand the clutter. I start cleaning up the day after – I seriously can’t take it. I leave the tree until New Year’s Day, but that’s my limit!

at closin gin…too funny. I joked today I’m naming this baby Jose Cuervo.

Marty instructed me last night “Santa no like cookies Mommy. He only loves wolly pops!” I hope I remember these things when he’s older. They’re so funny. He wanted to go to Red Lobster the other night and asked me if we could go to the “Crab Target”. Clearly I shop at Target too much and he thinks every store is a Target. He’s such a character and SO emotional. He’s either happy as if he won the lottery or sad like his dog just died. His buddy ran over to him with a Little People person this morning at school but literally collided with him and Marty burst into tears “Adam no like me! Him HIT me with dat people!” He was SO offended. They really are such big people packed into those tiny bodies. My heart was breaking for him but at the same time, it was too precious.

On the other hand, if he makes me watch Shark Tale one more time I’m going to kill myself.

Made the mistake of mentioning some possible baby names to my mom…what the heck was I thinking?? I am a complete idiot…clearly.

In the running…boy: Logan or Grayson, girl: January, Audrey, or Harlow. My mother hates all of them of course and made some really colorful and childish comments. Grrr.

Hope you all are having nice, quiet evenings. I came home, put on sweats and a tank top and my “bunny robe” as my son calls it. It was the magic sleeping pill when he was a baby – he’d cuddle right into it and fall asleep. I miss those days soooooo much How’d they get so big so fast??

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#128 of 128 Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM

New thread...a little late, but better than never

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1168165

Mighty-Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page