Dec '07 Mamas--Mandatory Check-in! :-D - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh my word.

also i will be lonely not being pregnant with anyone. maybe mahnamahna and i will rock a DDC together. anyone else TTC?

i have a total boob addict too! i wish she would cut down. i'm trying to scale her back a bit. i don't feel the need to wean, but i would like this nursing all day and night thing to end please! anyone else nursing a LOT right now? please tell me it's normal for this age and will go away, soon. i'm really not a fan. daddy's doing bedtime tonight and will start co-sleeping with her without me, so let's see how this works. it worked well before and she nightweaned, but now she's back at nursing like 8 times a night and i'm going to run away to the circus if this keeps up.

nikki, i'm sorry to hear about your breakup, but i'm glad you're having fun with new guy, and i hope your move situation gets sorted out without too much stress!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2009, 12:32 PM

DD 2, Mary, was born at 7am on the 17th, after a short 5 hour labor and 10 minutes of pushing (our second all-natural hospital birth!). I can't believe we have two kids!

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Congrats HappyFox!!! Welcome earthside baby girl! :

We are celebrating Jon's b-day today he'll be 2 in 3 days *sniff* How has time gone by so fast?? I've got a get into the fridge all the time kid here as well. What is it with them?? He's pretty much weaned he goes about 4 nights or so and then will ask for it and being the push over momma I am I give in. But it's starting to wear on me, so I'm assuming that it will be over for good soon. 2 years is pretty dang good!!

I'm in the totally yucky part of pregnancy #4, I'm about 10 weeks or so, not sure on exact dates, I've got an u/s tomorrow. I'm also dealing with a weird rash on my face and neck and I swear everytime I puke (numerous times a day) it gets redder. So yeah I'm sure I'll be looking pretty hot in my holiday photos!! Oh well.

Sihaya I'm sorry and Jen sounds like a great catch of a new guy and glad to hear your in the clear on everything cervix/ovary wise! Nikki isn't Oregon grand! Glad you go a new fun guy to hang out with for a bit.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 PM

wow, congrats happyfox!! your little mary was born on nikita's 2nd bday

we had her birthday party on friday and it was a hit! my close friend is a pastry chef who makes ridiculously amazing fondant cakes...we got a shark splashing out the top with a big 3D head made of decorated rice krispie treat and the tail waving out the side. nicky is mad for sharks, btw. add like five bottles of wine and everybody had a blast.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

Old 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Hi everyone! I love seeing all the familiar screen names.

E is great. She turns 2 on 12/27 and is every bit a two already. She pl'd herself back in August - a total surprise for DH and I! She loves books and blocks and anything animal related. No baby #2 attempts for us, yet. E is very spirited and precocious and keeps us on our toes. We are still bfing with no end in sight, although she is requesting it less and less.

She had her first taste of cookie last week - pumpkin raisin sweetened with agave nectar which we made together - and now thanks to some of her storybooks, she is making HUGE PLANS for a birthday party with cake, ice cream, and balloons. I guess we have some more baking to do in the near future.

Lets keep this thread active!

eta: Congratulations happyfox!!!

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg
Old 08-07-2010, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hi Dec 07 DDC mamas! Are you guys around here someplace? Has there been another thread posted since this one? I don't see it, so I'm reviving this one. It would be so fun to catch up!

How are all our smart little 2.5 yr olds? Pictures anyone?? I'd love to see some! I did finally join the ranks on Facebook, is there some Dec07 group still happening over there? Who's had babies since our Dec07 babes??

My adorable little blondie Dec07 boy is doing great. He's always been so healthy & so mellow. He has yet to do any business in the potty/toilet at all. He's never even accidentally gone once in the potty! He's still nursing just one time each morning. He's still big. He was my giant newborn- 10lbs 6oz, and has remained just one big kid. I have a 9 month old who was born the same weight as my other 2 boys exactly- 8lbs 13 oz. I'll never know why my Dec07 baby was such a ginormo-baby!

Here are a few recent pictures of him from my blog:
Blondie & sandwich

Another

"I'm a grumpy 2 yr old" on the far left here, with his brothers.

Ok, c'mon guys, I want to hear some updates from my long lost Dec07 DDC mamas!! What are you all up to?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Since I last posted in this thread, we got pregnant again in January and had another miscarriage at 9 weeks in March. It was physically harder than the first one and took longer to resolve. I had a few tests done (but not the repeat pregnancy loss panel because my insurance won't cover it yet) and we started TTC again in May. The third cycle was the charm and I am 5 weeks pg today, due in April, and absolutely terrified of another loss.

As for my '07 DS, he's a pill! Growing like a weed, so imaginative, and his language has just exploded in the past month. He's been doing well on the potty since spring, as long as he is bare-butt. I just got some used cloth trainers to start working on when we are out and about or have people over. I really would like him dry during the day with clothes on around the time he turns 3, but definitely before another baby arrives.

Here's a pic from our camping trip two weeks ago:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=DSC01849.jpg
He loved camping for the first time and I can't wait to take him again.

Thanks for bumping this thread, Aubrey. I am excited to see how the other Dec '07 mamas are doing.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 08-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Sihaya-so sorry about your miscarriages. That sounds awful.

Reyes is doing well. Turning into a real little boy, outgrowing toddlerness. He is officially using the potty-and it looks like he is starting Montessori school this September.

He is an active little guy. Loves to go swimming, and recently decided he really wanted a baseball bat at the store. He loves to "play baseball". I am enrolling him in a tot sports class through our park district.

It was good to see this thread. I haven't been on the site in a while-and didn't realize how much I missed it!

Karen

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.

User Tag List