Ideas for cute but functional storage of hair accessories??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD was born with an insane amount of hair & it has continued to grow. Naturally, we have lots of clips, hair bands, elastic-y ties. Originally I was going to use ribbon across an old 8 x 10 frame with a funky fabric inside & then some cute mug hooks around the outside to try & contain everything (hang it on wall above changing table) but I am wondering whether or not that will 1) be easy to maintain & 2) truly keep everything organized enough to see what we have & 3) I will constantly be moving changing table to pick things up that fall while trying to get to an item.

I have checked out The Container Store & a few other places & haven't really found anything that truly seemed like it would be easy to keep organized.

Any ideas out there? I found this & love it but it is expensive.
http://www.designsbyjoyg.com/Catalog.htm

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#2 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 PM

I dont know about cute, but I use one of those clear plastic shoe organizers that hang on a door. I have one on DS's closet door. I keep his shoes, socks, and hat in it, among other little things that I like to keep out because we use them so much. I think they're about 10 bucks at wal mart.

I'm Aicha . In love with my DH, and my Adam (4/23/08) . boobie monster.
#3 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 PM

have you tried looking in the office supply section at walmart or target? I have found that those little organizers for holding paper clips, pushpins etc are perfect for sorting and storing hair stuff.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#4 of 5 Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a large purple square box with a handle, it has a sturdy little plastic flip lock on it. We've used it for years now, it works great. It lives in the bathroom, I keep a brush, comb, spray, and all the 50 billion hair things in it. I can just tell a child to grab the hair bucket and everything is in there.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 5 Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 AM

How about a little fishing tackle box? You could store bulkier things, like your brush in the bottom and have all your "hair stuff" together.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page