How do you wash little girls????? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may seem like a strange question but when you give your dd a bath how do you normally wash her *private* area? My dd is 2 1/2 and I usually just let her play in the tub and leave it alone figuring it gets clean enough but last night when I changed her for bed she seemed a littl red so I looked a little closer and noticed it looked a little irritated. This is the first time I noticed this. I just put a towel under her bottom and rinsed with warm water and it looks normal again today. Just wondering if I should be *cleaning* her better. Now it has been a few days since she has had a bath and she normally has one at least every other night so that may be the reason it looked red. Any suggestions?
#2 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 09:36 PM

I wash my girls the same way I wash myself. Soapy washcloth on the external area & and rinse with water between the labia. I personally think soap burns when it gets inside, so thats why I just rinse with water. Hope this wasn't TMI...lol
#3 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response Tara! I do use a little California Baby body wash to wash her hair and body so I guess what I am doing is enough. I should probably rinse her better though. There is not alot of soap in the water so I always figured it was ok. lol
#4 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 11:31 PM

I don't use soap on dd at all, especially not hr yoni, since it disrupts the pH. I use warm water and rinse her yoni, once every 2 weeks or so I take a flannel wipe and wipe with warm water the space between her inner and outer labia. I put a little apple cider vinegar in her bathwater to keep it slightly acidic, which IMO is good for her yoni. The yoni is more acidic than the rest of the body. I only wipe with a cloth if I see any buildup of discharge in the folds of skin and I wipe gently, anything that doesn't come easily off is supposed to be there and I leave it. If I can, while I am taking a shower with her I let the shower spray her yoni a little bit, but she's not crazy about the shower so I only do it if she's in a good mood and is diggin the shower. HTH
Lauren
#5 of 6 Old 02-18-2004, 04:53 AM

Sometimes girls can get red because of their underpants being too small. A wedgie can cause a lot of trouble! Our dd got red from sand in her pants too.

The things we learn!:LOL
#6 of 6 Old 02-18-2004, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I wash DC's with some baby "soap" with my fingers the same way that I wash mine. Once she was using the toilet and I wasn't cleaning her several times/day during diaper changes she started getting red and rather "musky". The soap doesn't seem to bother her but going several days w/o does and the redness comes back.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page