Feb 08 Mamas, It's nearly Christmas! (Dec thread) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 130 Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Absolutely.

I had the day from hell, including two domestic arguments, locking myself out of the house, freezing temperatures, a locksmith drilling holes in our front door, damaged plaster (do NOT tell DH about this, please) and sundry other annoyances, and I feel terrifyingly calm. I'm also addicted to my TENS machine, which seems to be taking the edge off my emotional stress. Who knew? :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#62 of 130 Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 AM

I got some IV fluids (I know, shocking that someone who can't eat would be dehydrated ) and a fancity shmancity scan of my gallbladder which says it's fine. They sent me home with a different antiemetic and some vicodin, as well as instructions to go back to the doctor to play "What's Wrong With Rynna?" later in the week. The up side of all this is that the new antiemetic actually works, but of course the downside is that I still have no idea why I can neither eat nor sleep. Fun fun. As it's not terribly late, I'm going to take my Ambien soon and conk out. Thank you for the well-wishing, I appreciate it, and sorry this isn't longer or more interesting but I still feel like poop on a stick.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#63 of 130 Old 12-16-2009, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter
Dea

Aww Rynna I hope you feel better soon.
Are you in pain too? (vicodin is a pain med, or is there another use)
I'm glad it's not your gall bladder, I went through that last year, it's pretty horrible, the pain was worse that labour (I had a dry, induced, pit labour) mostly 'cause there is no break, just hours and hours of pain.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#64 of 130 Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM

OMG Rynna, Here's hoping that you heal fast.

Helen, sheesh, what a wild day. What in the dickens in a TENS machine?

signature currently in transition
#65 of 130 Old 12-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Lots of pain, along with the inability to eat or sleep. Makes me loads of fun to be around. Some of the more depressing aspects include Bella refusing to give hugs or kisses because she's afraid of getting sick, constantly having to say "Be careful!" to Bean who *does* give hugs and kisses in typical enthusiastic fashion, and being utterly exhausted by simple tasks like carrying Bear upstairs. I noticed the pain a lot more once I was better hydrated, too. Hopefully that's just a rebound kind of thing, but whatever it is, it sucks. Pretty much everything sucks right now. I want to take another Ambien and go back to sleep, but that's ill-advised at 11:30 in the morning. Besides which, I don't have the energy to go hunt for it. I'm going to try to eat something now that the Zofran's been in-tummy for a little while.

#66 of 130 Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 AM

Tens is transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation- basically, giving yourself an electric shock for jollies and pain relief. Works, too

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#67 of 130 Old 12-18-2009, 10:34 AM

Just checking up on you, Rynna, how are you feeling? Sending good thoughts your way still.

Helen, sounds interesting! Is the shock stronger than or less than a good static electricity zap? How are you feeling, how's that baby treating you?

All is well enough here. I've found a nice way to circumvent the waking up tantrums (when all she wants to do is nurse for like an hour) - and that's to be insanely goofy and crack her up. Sometimes she demands "piggies" from DSS (this little piggy went to market). This girl loves being tickled. heh. Every morning when I go to kiss her goodbye in her carseat (DH takes them to the babysitter) she tells me "Bye, DSD, DSS!" and then "Bye Daddy!" She's such an order giver! We're really working with "please" which she will now say. For a while, she'd throw a tantrum if we asked her to say please. Now she's finally saying it again. Which makes her commands a little more palatable.

The big kids' mom is coming to visit them next week. I'm a little nervous about it, because I know she'll be all critical of our home. DH wants to try to have a big dinner with all of us. To put it nicely, I'm not too big a fan of her. Yeah, good thing it's Christmas season and I can just pretend DD and I are doing somethign important with family.

Also, please send some good vibes/prayers etc to my oldest DSD. She got into a car wreck yesterday. She was in good enough shape to call both us (thousands of miles away) and her mom (who lives with her), and last I heard there hasn't been any concern about either DGS or the one on the way, but just in case never hurts. Also send some good vibes for her and the relationship with her mom. Her mom has moved in with her and is selfish/careless/rude about many things, not the least of which is smoking in the house and around little DGC.

signature currently in transition
#68 of 130 Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM

While I was pregnant with Bella and in PT for my evil hip, they used a TENS on me and I absolutely loved it. It's good stuff. Weird, but good.

Teeny, sorry to hear about the wreck. Also sorry to hear about people smoking in the house with little kids about. THRH smokes, but he takes them outside and calls them "Icky Sticks", and warns the kiddos to stay back. This would be the rule even if I didn't have a kid who gets hives from being looked at cross-eyed.

I'm... still sick. I was feeling a LOT better yesterday, managed to eat half a cup of cereal in the morning (a little less than an actual serving) and a small chicken fajita-like thing in the evening. I had TONS more energy than I've been dealing with, and while I was in pain all over I was able to deal with life on a less-limited basis until about 2:30 in the afternoon. This morning, I was awakened by sharp, stabbing pains in the stomach. I've had a few sips of seltzer, but apparently I was tossing for a reason because eating just sounds like a really bad, really painful idea right now. I'm still achy and sore all over, and now I'm not going to have the energy to cope with it because I'm going to be unable to eat again. The worst part is having no idea why. Anyhow, I'm calling the doctor and curling up in bed again. I hate not being able to function, especially when the only help I have is... well, not much help to put it mildly. I want to strangle him. It's probably a good thing I haven't got the energy to actually do it.

#69 of 130 Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Teeny! I'm so sorry that you DSD has a mean mom! I am so anti smoking, it's pretty crazy. My mom smoked my whole life and I hated every moment of it. She was nice and never smoked in my room, except once, I didn't talk to her for months. I refuse to go to her house because I WILL NOT take my daughter into a smoker's house. gross gross gross. My mom is good now and will use the patch when she comes to my house. Perhaps I am a little crazy about it, but it's the grossest thing ever. ahhh. *
okay I think I've ranted enough!
Trixie and I have just spent like an hour watching You Tube videos of the Hippo Christmas song. It's pretty cute when she sings along in her toddler voice. And I realized today that her talking voice is spot on for Shirley Temple's voice. Heh.
* sorry if I offended any smokers out there or lovers of smokers, but it's gross, you should quit, they should quit. it's gross. also really bad for everyone around you/ them.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#70 of 130 Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Teeny! I'm so sorry that you DSD has a mean mom! I am so anti smoking, it's pretty crazy. My mom smoked my whole life and I hated every moment of it. She was nice and never smoked in my room, except once, I didn't talk to her for months. I refuse to go to her house because I WILL NOT take my daughter into a smoker's house. gross gross gross. My mom is good now and will use the patch when she comes to my house. Perhaps I am a little crazy about it, but it's the grossest thing ever. ahhh. *
okay I think I've ranted enough!
Trixie and I have just spent like an hour watching You Tube videos of the Hippo Christmas song. It's pretty cute when she sings along in her toddler voice. And I realized today that her talking voice is spot on for Shirley Temple's voice. Heh.
* sorry if I offended any smokers out there or lovers of smokers, but it's gross, you should quit, they should quit. it's gross. also really bad for everyone around you/ them.

Thats so cute about Trixie

I won't comment on the smoking thing...it only brings up dead mommy issues.

I hate work right now. I hate being pregnant right now. The two together seems cataclysmic (sp?)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#71 of 130 Old 12-19-2009, 02:06 AM

Rynna and hope you feel better soon...

DS2 is the object of intense hate and jealousy from his sister. She's blatantly honest from sunrise to sunset about how she dislikes her brother, and his sheer presence is enough to provoke her to attack him. I tell her as much as possible to use her words instead of physically venting her feelings.

What else can I do? I try to point out all the fun things she can do because she's older, and try to have some time alone with her, even if it's just to zonk out and take a nap with her...

At least 1/3 of the time, they're happily giggling and playing. But this jealousy business really wears on me. Help!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#72 of 130 Old 12-19-2009, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter
Dea

Sarah Lynn, I didn't mean to bring up issues for you. Clearly I have my own... (I took care of my grandma and grandpa both before they died of smoking related diseased, grrr)
Anyhow so tired of being pregnant and I'm not working! I don't remember this much pain with Trixie, but so much. I think I'm just plain doing more. I can't imagine what a 3rd, 4th or even 5th would feel like. Yikes. Hopefully next time I can just carry multiples so that I only have one more. (well carry multiples with more success than this time)

#73 of 130 Old 12-19-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixMom View Post
Rynna and hope you feel better soon...
Thank you; It's seriously gotten old.

Quote:
DS2 is the object of intense hate and jealousy from his sister. She's blatantly honest from sunrise to sunset about how she dislikes her brother, and his sheer presence is enough to provoke her to attack him. I tell her as much as possible to use her words instead of physically venting her feelings.

What else can I do? I try to point out all the fun things she can do because she's older, and try to have some time alone with her, even if it's just to zonk out and take a nap with her...

At least 1/3 of the time, they're happily giggling and playing. But this jealousy business really wears on me. Help!
How old are your kiddos again? I was quite worried about jealousy while I was pregnant with Bear, because Bella was a very jealous baby. Bean was very excited except for one incident during my pregnancy with Boobah (funny story, that one), and was absolutely *thrilled* to learn that I was pregnant with Bella and Bear (he was the first person to be really excited to learn about Bear ). He loves being an older brother and he adores his siblings, even when they get on his nerves. Boobah was kind of caught up in Bean's excitement and she's always been so independent that it was never a concern with her, either, but Bella... She used to scream bloody murder when I picked up my niece, or hugged another child. I can remember her climbing into my lap and kicking Boobah because I was holding her, shrieking like a possessed thing when I nursed Bean... It was wretched. Unlike the others, Bella wasn't an early talker. She had a hard time communicating her needs, and she was much needier than her siblings. Some kids need more reassurance and attention than others, and Bella has definitely been the neediest of my kids.

Bella has always loved Bear, though. She's had two great examples of healthy older-sibling behavior to follow. I just make sure that she gets as much one-on-one time as she needs. It's been difficult in the past, and I do sometimes feel guilty that I'm not spending as much time with Bean or Boobah, but like I said they've got different needs. Bean is very capable of understanding and articulating his needs for attention, so I get things like "accelerated loveloves" (when he runs down the hallway building up speed until he slams into me with a hug ) and random offers of "five hundred kisses per dimple". He's very physical and ideally gets his "daily loveloves" in the form of a ticklefit. Boobah rarely asks for hugs or snuggle time (though she will occasionally ask to sleep with me if she misses me ), so I usually ask for hugs & kisses from her. Sometimes I get a random hug, but that's much less common from her than from Bean (he's a several-hugs-a-day kiddo ). That's what they need to feel happy, secure, and loved so that's what they get. Bella needs a lot more attention than that from me, so that's what I do.

Something else to consider: I don't generally begin with the premise that my children are trying to upset me or anyone else. Instead, I start with the idea that they have an unmet need that they're trying to resolve. It makes a huge difference in my perspective. When Bella asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich during dinner a couple of weeks ago, Mike started from the premise that she was being stubborn. He told her no and a tantrum ensued (naturally). Bella didn't finish her dinner and continued to shriek for about twenty minutes before I rolled out of bed to find out why. Mike was still refusing to make her the sandwich she had asked for, and her dinner was still on the table.

I started with my usual premise, that there was an unmet need to be resolved. Bella and I went downstairs, and I looked at her dinner plate. She had eaten all of her potato, and left some meat and some green beans. It was fairly obvious to me that Bella was experiencing a hypoglycemic episode and trying to have it resolved with simple carbs, so I made her the sandwich. She ate it, calmed down instantly and then she finished her dinner while I reminded Mike that the kids really weren't trying to be obnoxious most of the time. (I was also exceptionally ticked off at him; As a diabetic, this should have been just as obvious to him as it was to me, if not moreso.)

So: Why is your daughter expressing anger toward her brother? Does she need more attention from you? Your husband? Other children? Perhaps she's anemic, or her blood sugar is low, or she needs more sleep. It could be any number of things, but it definitely sounds as though there is some need (physical, mental, or emotional) that isn't being met. Sometimes they just jump right out at you if you start looking for patterns (e.g. she starts kicking him every time he tries to play with a particular toy, or at the same time of day every day). Sometimes they're more difficult to find, but they're nearly always there. I hope you're able to resolve this issue soon.

#74 of 130 Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Sarah Lynn, I didn't mean to bring up issues for you. Clearly I have my own... (I took care of my grandma and grandpa both before they died of smoking related diseased, grrr)
Anyhow so tired of being pregnant and I'm not working! I don't remember this much pain with Trixie, but so much. I think I'm just plain doing more. I can't imagine what a 3rd, 4th or even 5th would feel like. Yikes. Hopefully next time I can just carry multiples so that I only have one more. (well carry multiples with more success than this time)
Oh its not you I just didn't want to go into a mile long rant about smoke related stuff. Its all good mama

So I have some sort of bacterial infection in my urinary system. I'm on a boat load of cranberry and probiotics and garlic as well as the chlorophyll for my iron levels. I feel like a freaking Vitamin Cottage.

I keep dreaming of spraining an ankle or knee just to go on disability and be done with freaking work. Its horrible how mind consuming it can be....

Oh and there's rumors flying at work that I'm sleeping with all the male officers As if I have the energy or the freaking time. Its sad when I have more respect for the convicts than the officers I work with.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#75 of 130 Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Oh and there's rumors flying at work that I'm sleeping with all the male officers As if I have the energy or the freaking time. Its sad when I have more respect for the convicts than the officers I work with.
Wow, that's screwed up. Where in the world did that come from? Don't you just love it when people get stuck in high school for the rest of their lives?

#76 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I am so sorry . Can you find a doctor to sign you off for backache or something that doesn't put your delivery at risk?

How many of the mama's are having crazy snow? I've seen Rynna's pics on FB. Here it is sunny skies and I'm doing my thing in a t-shirt. It's crazy. December feels like march/april and my grape vine got all confused and has sent out spring leaves.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#77 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Love to our mamas struggling right now!

I'm over here hanging out at nearly 36 weeks pregnant and feeling ENORMOUS and DONE. A few mamas in our Jan DDC have already had their babies, and/or are getting ready to. I have a head hanging low in my pelvis and feet in my ribs. My guess is that this baby will come right around the 39 week mark... but I'm trying to gear myself up for a longer wait. WHATEVER!! I should be glad to have a few more weeks to get things organized and ready.

School just ended so as soon as I'm done grading () I can focus on the obsessive nesting that has already taken hold. DH is also nesting like crazy.

So.... Robin has not nursed at night for 3 nights in a row . I can't quite believe it. We are going to try and use this opportunity to get her to sleep at least part of the night in the toddler bed we just put together and set up at the foot of our king bed. I don't know how that will go. It feels so huge to move her out of our bed, and it's making me (hormonal me!) a bit sad -- but I think it's for the best for everyone. We'll see how it goes. Any advice about how to get her to transition into the little bed? We were thinking about asking her at nap and night where she wants to sleep, and then moving her to the little bed after she falls asleep if she choses the big bed. Not sure if that's right or what. She is interested in the little bed but I think she sees it as play more than anything (but we JUST set it up).

Lots of love and merry Christmas and happy Hannukah to those who celebrate!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#78 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Wow, that's screwed up. Where in the world did that come from? Don't you just love it when people get stuck in high school for the rest of their lives?
They seriously are stuck in freaking High School. I was pissed about it, but now I just feel sad for the people with no lives other than to pick on the pregnant new girl. They just end up looking pathetic when they say something about it instead of cool.

#79 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 03:13 PM

I think our snow leveled off around ten inches. I could be wrong, though, I'm really horrible at judging things like that beyond a certain point. It could be as much as a foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
So.... Robin has not nursed at night for 3 nights in a row . I can't quite believe it. We are going to try and use this opportunity to get her to sleep at least part of the night in the toddler bed we just put together and set up at the foot of our king bed. I don't know how that will go. It feels so huge to move her out of our bed, and it's making me (hormonal me!) a bit sad -- but I think it's for the best for everyone. We'll see how it goes. Any advice about how to get her to transition into the little bed?
No advice but to be prepared for some regression when the baby comes. Robin may well start nursing again and want to come back into your bed once the new person arrives. She might not start nursing again, but she could see the baby (or see your gigantic, full boobs) and just be overwhelmed with desire for nursies. I should also warn you that colostrum gives toddlers MASSIVE diarrhea. It's designed to clear meconium out of new-baby intestines, but it just goes right through bigger kiddos. It never seemed to bother Bean, but it was completely insane for me to deal with.

Quote:
They seriously are stuck in freaking High School. I was pissed about it, but now I just feel sad for the people with no lives other than to pick on the pregnant new girl. They just end up looking pathetic when they say something about it instead of cool.
The really sad part is that they didn't look cool in high school, either.

#80 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Lauren what does Robin think of her bed? Trixie's had one for a while, Adam bought it from someone at work who had a good deal on it, and since it was new he went for it. I expected Trixie to hate it and the little toad loves it! It makes me sad. She starts every night off in her bed and comes over to ours between 2am and 4am. I'm okay with this!
We plan to have the baby sleep on the other side of me or Adam and Trixie keep the coveted middle spot until he can hold his own with her. We have a ginormous bed, we've turned a cal king sideways so it's 7 feet wide and 6 feet long, which works for us since we're both super shorties.
Is there not enough room in your bed for your whole family?

#81 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 07:21 PM

Sorry I haven't been around.. we didn't have any Internet for awhile.

Not too much has changed with us. My oldest, RW is now in Tae Kwon Do, and has already moved up to a yellow belt (he's only been going for a month and a half). He did awesome on his spar and test. ~Proud Momma~ It's a great sport for him, because of the OCD. He doesn't get dirty, and everything is structured. It's perfect!

Not too much going on with my middle son, IC. He's just been my helper in the kitchen getting things done for Thanksgiving, and now helping me with the Christmas stuff.

AJ, my Feb 08 baby has changed sooo much in the past month and a half! He's talking sooo much more now. He's also hit that "cuddle" stage where he's constantly wanting to crawl into my lap, which I LOVE because there for awhile he was too independent in my opinion.. LOL! He didn't want me, except for nursing! LOL I can't believe he's going to be 2 in a little over a month! Holy cow where did time go?

That's about it here. Glad to have the internet back and be here!!!

HeatherReneeSoul-Mate to RandyLoving Momma to RW(03) IC(05) & AJ (08)
#82 of 130 Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 PM

hi all!

just checking in to see if anyone has had their babies yet. i'm distracting myself from my statement of purpose that i have to write in 500 words or less that's basically trying to convince the grad schools why they should take me.

my roughest estimate of a draft was 580 pages and i now have somewhere like 1000 between all teh different versions.

it's not easy and i'm really looking forward to not ever going back to grad school.

kids crying and fussing and begging for attention. ugh.

bbl

eh. who needs a signature?
#83 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
So: Why is your daughter expressing anger toward her brother? Does she need more attention from you? Your husband? Other children? Perhaps she's anemic, or her blood sugar is low, or she needs more sleep. It could be any number of things, but it definitely sounds as though there is some need (physical, mental, or emotional) that isn't being met. Sometimes they just jump right out at you if you start looking for patterns (e.g. she starts kicking him every time he tries to play with a particular toy, or at the same time of day every day). Sometimes they're more difficult to find, but they're nearly always there. I hope you're able to resolve this issue soon.
Rynna, thank you for posting this. I shall try, in my chronic sleep-deprived state, to figure what is the root cause that is driving DD into these jealousy fits. DD is 3.5 yrs old and DS2 is just a month shy of his 2 yr birthday, as some of the babies in this DDC are.

We finally got the house looking a little festive today, as I worked together with DS1 to make paper chains to decorate the house. DH found the box with the kiddies' Christmas stockings, and they are now hung by the fireplace.

I am quite proud of getting each kid something small but fun. For DS1, it will be a gift certificate to go and paint two bowls at the local ceramics cafe, plus a pair of slippers. DD has the complete works of Beatrix Potter and DS2 has some stackable wooden toy from Germany.

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#84 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM

Hi all...sorry I haven't been around much. I'm still feeling horridly nauseated & throwing up several times a day. I got 2 B6 shots and 2 rounds of acupuncture last week which helped...it gave me about 1.5 days of relief. I guess it's worth it!

Rynna, I'm so sorry for all the pain & worry that you're experiencing. I hope you can find some resolution & answers soon - debilitating pain is no way to try to get through the day. Lots of luck to you, and I hope you can find some medical care providers you are happy with.

Sarah Lynne, UGH about your coworkers! Stupidheads. Keep ignoring them & feeling sorry for them.

FelixMom, good luck with your kiddos...hopefully it's at least a short-lived phase that DD is experiencing.

Playa, have you found your purpose yet? The thought of grad school is quite daunting right now...good for you for going for it! Remind me what your field of study is?

HeatherRenee, your LOs sound so sweet! Glad you are having fun with them!

Dea, Lauren - it's so interesting to read your where-to-sleep-the-toddler discussions. DD has been in her own crib in her own room since 6 months, and a toddler bed since I think 14. I thought she would be with us longer, but sleeping with us was so stimulating to her that she would not sleep! I can see it in her personality now - she is a very, very, very, very socially engaged little person...having mama & dada right there all night? She would never stop talking!

In any case, good luck with your toddler-moving adventures. Lauren, DD has more or less stopped nursing...she'll nurse every few days now. I'm shocked I still have milk! But, I'm anticipating that a new baby nursing (even though it's 7 months away) will cause jealousy and that she'll want to try again. Let us know if Robin is interested again once the baby is here!

(Oh, and Rynna - thanks for the note on colostrum. Good to know!)

Meghan - I can't imagine working outside in a t-shirt. It's maybe 5 Fahrenheit outside right now!

Hmmm...Helen hasn't posted in a few days. Baby???

AFM...I'm hanging in there, dealing with lots of unhappy stomachness. Can I just share that I DO NOT ENJOY BEING PREGNANT? I feel like I'm messing with karma saying that, but ugh. I am not Earth Mother glowing in pregnancy. In fact, I'm rather pale & washed-out looking. Christmas? We're staying put. I cannot fathom getting in a car and driving someplace where I would get no sleep and have no peace & quiet. Sicker? No, thank you.

Ok, signing off to get back to work...
#85 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM

Update on me...

#86 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Lauren what does Robin think of her bed? ...
Is there not enough room in your bed for your whole family?
We have a king bed, but Robin takes up quite a bit of room in the middle. We're open to bedsharing with her of course, but I am worried about constant night nursing once the baby is here, and interrupting her sleep with all my movement once we have a newborn, too. It seems like we'd all get better rest if she spent at least a chunk of the night in a separate space. We have a co-sleeper for the baby just so we are sure we have plenty of room for all of us to be comfortable, and for those things you need at night like diapers/etc, and to be sure the baby is safe (when R was a newborn I slept in the middle and she on the side, but I don't think we can do that with all 4 of us in bed -- not safely anyway!).

She is interested in the little bed but resistant to sleeping in it. Not sure how we'll deal. I keep offering it as an option but not pushing it. I think she might want to be able to see us at night... which will be tricky to figure out in terms of the room layout. Ah well.

Spent ALLLLLL day yesterday and ALLLLLL night dealing with tons of BH! Blargh!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#87 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Love the website, Helen.

#88 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Lauren...
I hear you about the BHs. I'm starting to think that I'm just supposed to have one long constant one all effin' day. Blarg! And yet, only 35 weeks, too soon, too soon.
One day my prince will come. And he will be small wrinkly and a little slimey.

#89 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Helen !! Thanks for the update! Can't wait for a different update (though not as much as you, I'm sure)

Rynna: Great thoughts on the needs of kids, and I hope you have resolution and healing SOON!!

Sarah: Hope the move is going well. I am trying to keep up with you on FB, I think you guys are still in a hotel. Oh, and CONGRATS on Grace's weaning. I have been meaning to say that for so many days now! 4 years is a wonderful accomplishment, and I'm sure it was a great choice for both of you. It was really peaceful to let it go with Ben over the summer. Tandem nursing was an experience I will never regret, but don't really miss either. For me anyway.

Ema: I have been to say this for weeks, but I was so happy to hear that your relationship with your MIL has improved so much. It was so hard to hear about how she was treating you, espeically when you didn't really have much other support around either. My MIL is very supportive of me, and I always wished the same for you. Hopefully things will just get better and better!

Dea and Lauren, hope things continue to go smoothly for you both! Lauren...35 weeks already...wow!! You guys (and all the rest of you preggos) are amazing!!

Slgt, hope that this pregnancy starts feeling easier soon!

Felixmom: Hope things smooth out for the kids soon. The gifts sound awesome BTW!

SarahLynne: , hope that things are looking up today. Sorry to hear about your work troubles.

Heather & Playa - ! And Hi there!! Hope things are ok for you guys!

Hi to anyone I missed! I've been reading along (always)...love you all too much to not check in. But we have had computer issues, and I am trying to limit screen time, so it is so hard for me to find time to myself online. Ever since DS dropped his nap this summer, it seems like there is just no "me" time.

I will try to post an update soon, but know that I am thinking of you all, and holding up the preggo moms in prayers/support/good baby vibes! Molly is doing well, and is much more like a 2-yr-old than a 1-yr-old these days. Can't believe how big these babies are getting!
#90 of 130 Old 12-21-2009, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

let's talk about how midwives keep me calmer than doctors...
I had a midwife appointment today, and even though she was running really late, it was nice and normal and I didn't freak out. And somehow the baby has grown but I have not gained weight in 2 weeks, despite it being cookie season!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page