Feb 08 Mamas, It's nearly Christmas! (Dec thread) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 130 Old 12-29-2009, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas, I'm quietly watching (welcome sweet little Sam ). Life is just settling into that boring mania that happens when you're waiting for a baby to be born.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 130 Old 12-30-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post

Hi mamas, I'm quietly watching (welcome sweet little Sam ). Life is just settling into that boring mania that happens when you're waiting for a baby to be born.
Agreed.

I went on official Maternity leave from work yesterday. They've been worried I'd have the baby at the prison anyway so it worked out in my favor.

Contractions have stopped for the most part. Just one or two here or there. After the over 20 in an hour and a half at work the other night, I'll take it.

I did strain something in my foot today...so now I'm limping. I'm a big ole pile of mess.

Oh and DH and I tried to DTD last night and I can tell my cervix has dropped down because we couldn't do much...ouchie.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#123 of 130 Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Hello!
I went to the doctor today and there was very little arguing. Doesn't mean I agree with her though. I had the GBS test done and I asked that if it comes back positive if I can do it again later, and she said that it would unlikey be different, but I thought that it could change easily, and my plan is that if it is positive I would fill up on probiotics. (more than normal) Also I can't remember what do homebirthers do if they're positive?
Also my cervix is dilated to 1 cm! And it's all squishy and stuff, yay! That didn't happen last time until 40 weeks.
We're working on potty learning in these here parts. In laws were here and they successfully traumatized Trixie and me... they just badgered her so much about going on the potty that she's adamant about staying away from it, she peed on the floor a lot and they chided her, so I lost it and yelled at them, so now they all agree that I'm a terrible person. It's been tense around here. They're gone for a couple of days but will be back on the first. Happy happy joy joy.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#124 of 130 Old 12-31-2009, 02:18 AM

unfortuately Helen was right about my chart.

I'll be back to check in on everyone tomorrow.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#125 of 130 Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 AM

Welcome Sam!! He's beautiful!! Congrats!!

Tried to catch up on everyone.

Christmas was nothing short of wonderful here. Eli preety much destroyed the tree on a constant basis. Poor tree will get no rest, because it'll be Quinn next year.

Everyone is busy, busy here. Eli seems to add new words everyday. A couple of weeks ago he was walking around saying We Rock You. Finally figured out he heard that We Will Rock You song by Queen. He also calls Quinn, Minn or Minny because he can't do the Q yet. Those two are so funny when they get going. He loves to do stuff that makes her laugh. He also wants to hold her and hug her lately.

Quinn won't stop growing. A couple weeks ago she weighed 18 pounds 3 ounces. Chunky Monkey. No crawling yet. She is happy to sit and play (as long as mama is around), very mom centered. I wish she wouldn't grow so fast. I want a baby for awhile.....

Babysitter is still working out awesome. She is so wonderful and I never worry they aren't being loved on. She gave me a huge packet of pictures at Christmas. Kids painting pumpkins, playing with snow she brought inside for them, etc... It was great to see. Quinn even got a little bit of snow. That pic is hilarious. She's looking at it and has one finger outstretched, like what is this and do I touch it?????

Battery running low so I better go. Hope everyone has a safe and happy new years!!!!!!

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#126 of 130 Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 AM

Sarah I'm so sorry!!

Every night I am dreaming about going into labor. It's getting kind of ridiculous! I'm only 37 wks so I wish my brain would give me a break from the obsessing.

Dea, what a horrible thing with the potty learning . We haven't pushed Robin at all -- she has a potty and every once in awhile sits on it, but I don't plan to make a big effort for a few more months. My #1 concern is to keep things positive with these big changes -- toddler bed, potty, etc etc -- so if she's not ready, she at least associates them with good things and hasn't felt forced to do something she didn't want to do.

So far she has napped in her toddler bed a few times and slept in it at night once. She usually asks to go to sleep in the little bed, but is struggling to fully relax and fall asleep there. We're being patient.

Here's something CRAZY: last night for the FIRST TIME EVER, Robin said "byebye nanas" without nursing and asked for her Dad to give her back rubs instead of nursing to sleep. I couldn't believe it. It was a welcome relief -- nursing just gets more and more uncomfortable and painful that I can barely let her be on the breast for more than a few minutes. I don't necessarily expect this to become the new pattern, but the fact that it's a possibility at all makes me soooooo happy.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#127 of 130 Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
unfortuately Helen was right about my chart.

I'll be back to check in on everyone tomorrow.
i'm so sorry sarah!!!

bbl i'm at work and i need to finish payroll. just checking in quickly.

eh. who needs a signature?
#128 of 130 Old 12-31-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Oh Sarah, I'm sorry! I wish I had something magical to say to make it easier for you, or better yet something magical to make it not have happened.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#129 of 130 Old 01-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Guess what! It's not December any more!

January thread here
#130 of 130 Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Thank you all for the warm wishes and thoughts. It didn't really bother me at first and then things changed a bit and it became more of a physical reality and I'm feeling quite sad. I just wanted to say thanks and now I'll go over to the Jan thread.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page