Toddler Music that's good for dancing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wanting to get a CD or two of toddler/preschool dance music for DD for Christmas. She loves to dance and we don't have any good kids music. The only music of ours that she likes to listen to is rap and definitely not kid-appropriate.

She'll go for anything with a good beat, but I'm wondering if there are any hip-hop-like toddler CDs.

Does anyone have any good recs?

student momma to two great girls

#2 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Baby Loves Hip Hop Here is the url: http://babyloveshiphop.com/.
DD loves it and they are catchy tunes.

As for dance track baby albums, I can't help you there. My daughter turns on our radio by herself and bops to music that she likes. So far she's a huge 70's Elton John and KC and the Sunshine Band fan. She also likes 60's and 70's soul. Guess Barry White isn't just for lovers.

signcirc1.giffly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif

Proud mom of an inquisitive, breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping 9 month old boy and a talkative curious 4 year old girl.

#3 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 PM

My son is completely fascinated with this Fresh Beat Band from Nickelodean. I don't really let him watch the show, but they show the music videos between shows on Noggin sometimes. They are all catchy & upbeat.

Not hip hop or dancy, but we love the Sandra Boynton CD's. Especially Philadelphia Chickens. They're silly kids songs along the lines of her books, and done in all sorts of musical styles by people of varying degrees of fame. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ssc_2...hiladelphia+ch

Oh, and here! Yo Gabba Gabba is great! And I quote DJ Lance Rock:

"Because listening to music & dancing are AWESOME!"

Any show that has a regular featured segment with Biz Markee called "Biz's Beat of the Day" where he teaches kids to beatbox, is awesome, imho. I have caught DS breaking it down on more than one occaission!

http://www.amazon.com/Yo-Gabba-Music...9786714&sr=1-1

And it's a download for $5. That's a bargain. I think I'll buy it!
#4 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM

My DD absolutely loves Daddy-A-Go-Go CD's. Theey'v won numerous awards and the music is quite tolerable for adults with humorous and educational lyrics.

\m/

#5 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Well, it's not hip hop, but DS LOVES the Beatles (Yellow Submarine, Rocky Raccoon, Piggies, Beautiful Boy, Strawberry Fields, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Oh Yeah, Ob-La-Di, etc.) and Queen (We will Rock You, We are the Champions) and Willie Nelson (songs about cowboys, trains and babies, he says ). He also likes REM, especially Shiny Happy People. He also really loves an old tune called "Lucas with the Lid Off," if you know that one.

Progressive working mom to one Delightful Son, 1/07
#6 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 11:19 PM

we rock out to 'they might be giants' the new science album. check out the videos on youtube, especially favored: roy g biv is a colorful man.
WARNING - these songs are so catchy you'l be singing yourself to sleep with them!

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#7 of 9 Old 12-02-2009, 11:39 PM

We also love They Might Be Giants (we have several of their kids' albums), and Trout Fishing in America. Their album we have is called Family Music Party, although I've heard some of their other songs here and there and all are pretty fun.
#8 of 9 Old 12-04-2009, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the responses. I'm looking up all these groups to try and figure out which DD will like the best.

Anyone else have anything they'd like to add?

student momma to two great girls

#9 of 9 Old 12-04-2009, 12:43 AM

If she likes rap, check out Krazy Kuzins, they only have 1 cd but my kid loves them. He loves all music. We love pirates so we have a lot of Capt. Bogg and Salty stuff, as well as Tom Chapin, Raffi, etc. I got ideas of what to get from listening to the ondemand toddler music channel on TV.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page