Mothering Forum banner

DS is getting a strider!!!!!

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Anastasiya 
#1 ·
OMG!!! My in-laws are going to get DS a strider running bike for Christmas!!! When they asked for guidance about his gift, I suggested a ride-on toy... like a puch trike (that was before I knew about balance bikes). So when I was doing research on push trikes I stumbled across some links to the Strider website (thanks to a few MDC mamas
) And I was SOLD. Instantly. So I sent the link to MIL and she thought it looked great!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!! I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!!
lol

I have been watching all the videos of little bitty kids riding in BMX parks... and I'm just drooling over this bike. It looks like sooooooooooo much fun!!!

(lol@me I'm acting like a kid on Christmas morning)

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome! How old is he? I saw videos of tiny kids riding Striders and it was so cute! We're in the UK and balance bikes don't come that small, so I envy people who can get Striders for their 18 month olds! We got dd one for Christmas and she is 2.5.

And lucky you that your in-laws actually ask for guidance on gifts and spend so much money! We'll be lucky if the in-laws send anything at all and if they do it will probably be useless junk...!

#3 ·
That's awesome! Our son has one and loves it ... now! Don't be disappointed if it's not an immediate hit. I think I was more excited about getting DS the Strider than he was. I was a bit surprised he just didn't seem that enthused when it came. After a month or two it is now one of his favorite items.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shanniesue2 View Post
he is almost 21 1/2 months old. I have taken to letting him watch the youtube videos with me in the hopes that I can build up some excitement about bikes.
It took DD about .02 seconds after watching another little girl at the campground we were at to figure it all out. She was a little over 2 then, and now we run after her just to keep up with her! To say she loves it is an understatement.

#9 ·
DS1 has the larger strider and DS2 just got the smaller kettler. He loves it and he is only 20 mo old. DS1 still doesn't ride his balance bike so I am hjoping that by DS2 riding DS1 will decide to ride.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
DS1 has the larger strider and DS2 just got the smaller kettler. He loves it and he is only 20 mo old. DS1 still doesn't ride his balance bike so I am hjoping that by DS2 riding DS1 will decide to ride.
wait! I thought the strider and the Haro were the smallest on the market? And I thought the strider was an adjustable thing? Please don't tell me there are different sizes of striders! I hope ILs didn't order the wrong thing.

#11 ·
The strider is the smallest one I could find. You can adjust the seat and handle bars easily. So it may adjust to be the biggest too, I'm not sure because I wasn't looking for that, but there is only one size and it is the smallest.

We got one for my DS for Christmas and I'm super excited to give it to him too. I wanted to do it early (my DH has been home on vacation for the week, so it would have been great), but DH wanted to wait for the right time so I'm just dying with anticipation!

Tjej

#12 ·
There is only one strider, but there are differnt sizes of "glider", maybe the pp was thinking of that brand?
Ds is getting a strider for his b-day (dec 27th, lol), but since we;'re in snow country, it can't actually be used for a few months. He was SO wanting to ride his big sis's bike last year, so I think it'll be an immediate hit here!!! And yes ,I am defintiely excited, lol.

#13 ·
Well the strider arrived today! So it actually gets to be under the tree for DS to find in the morning!
And looking at it in person, I think it will fit him just fine.

When we were at the bike shop getting his helmet yesterday, he was really wanting to play with the bikes (the regular ones with training wheels). I let him sit on one... and I think he is just going to have so much more fun with this! I'm glad that he seemed interested in the bikes at the store

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
There is only one strider, but there are differnt sizes of "glider", maybe the pp was thinking of that brand?
Yeah, Striders are the smallest, Go Gliders are the biggest.

We have both - the kids love them. But I will say the quality of the Striders stinks. The seats scuffed apart, the handlebars tore apart (within hours), the tires rattle and the metal has pretty much all rusted out.

Oh well. They served their purpose.

OP - how did he fit? Does he like it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.