The sweet things a toddler says - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds just turned 2, and sometimes when he's nursing he'll pop off and very sweetly say "thank you, mommy" then latch back on.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#32 of 41 Old 12-31-2009, 07:29 PM

I love the bear hugs around the neck and DD says in this big cooing voice, "oh Mommy, I love you so much!"
#33 of 41 Old 12-31-2009, 09:09 PM

Ds, 3, looking at a wedding picture with dh "Mama looks so pretty in that princess dress".
And something he does, not says - when he comes into our bed, he wants to lay in the middle flat on his back, with one arm around each of our necks, and that's how he'll go back to sleep

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#34 of 41 Old 01-01-2010, 06:35 PM

The other day, I was teaching my DS, 20 mo, his last name. I pointed to him and said, "Jude Greene!" He looked down, grabbed a handful of his shirt, and said, "Nooooo. Jude blue."

Married to Tony 6/07. Mommy to Jude 4/08 and Gemma 4/11.
#35 of 41 Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 PM

This morning, I got a pat on the tush with a "Good boy, mama" from DD.
??????, but it was sweet and funny!
#36 of 41 Old 01-01-2010, 09:18 PM

DS is gonna be 3 on Valentine's Day.

Lately it's "I love our baby, mama. I'm gonna hug the baby and kiss the baby and change the baby's butt!"

He loves to make his sisters laugh. Last night at dinner he tossed his napkin in to the center of the table while making a high pitched shriek. It caught us all off guard and we cracked up, so he did it another half a dozen times, looking at each of our faces in turn to make sure we were still laughing. Then he said, very seriously, "I love my family so much."

There are a lot more. He comes up with something at least twice a day lately.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#37 of 41 Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM

My son turned three this past September. He has been slow to talk and is just now getting into some three, occasionally four, word sentences.

We've been working on using the potty, and when we were at a relative's house for Christmas, my husband took ds in to go potty. He came out laughing, and when I asked him what he was laughing at, he said that he had asked ds if he wanted to try pooping in the potty. To which ds emphatically replied, "No poop. Christmas!"

Trish
#38 of 41 Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 AM

It really isn't a speak but it was the sweetest thing...

I usually kiss TG on the forehead just before bed.

Tonight, while night nursing, she de-latched, crawled up to me, pushed my hair off my forehead and kissed me gently on my forehead. She leaned back and stared at me and smiled. Then she went back to nursing.

No words but it spoke volumes to this mommy.

signcirc1.giffly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif

Proud mom of an inquisitive, breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping 9 month old boy and a talkative curious 4 year old girl.

#39 of 41 Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM

When we drive past McDonald's and he sees the bug yellow M he says, M for mommy! Take that McDonald's marketing team!
#40 of 41 Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 AM

Pantrygirl - awww. That made my heart melt.

Our son Gabriel is 26 months. His crib is at the food of our bed. Yesterday morning he said, "I happy. I wake up and see mama and baba in big bed."

He also goes to daycare 2 days a week. The other day on the way home from picking him up he said, "I go work; Mama, Baba go daycare." :-)

Karrie.  Partner to my best friend and wife (aka "baba") and mama to son G (10-24-2007).

#41 of 41 Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM

"Hug! Fam'ly!" as she hugs both dh and me.

"I luv you too, Mamma."

When I am fighting the need to scream out profanities after smacking my knee of the doorframe (it happens an absurd number of times in any given week), "Don't worry, Mamma. Help you find it."

While the Christmas tree was up, she would grab a hand and say, "C'mon Momma/Daddy, find Christmas!" She also ran up to the tree and shouted, "Ah, Christmas tree! Hug!" and then hugged the tree. . . . literally a treehugger.

When she passes gas, even by herself, "Scuse me," or she'll tap me on the shoulder to get my attention while saying, "Scuse me, Momma . . . um, 'scuse me."

And she never just says, "No," it's always, "No, thank you," so I can't even get that annoyed that she wants to be disagreeable b/c she's being so politely disagreeable.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page