September 07 mamas - Happy New Year! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What did you order Katie? I take most of mine from our LLL library and sometime I get suggestion from mdc that isn't 'approved' and I have to spend mymoney on those. Our public libary's collection doesn't advocate sorporal punishment but I would say therere is a lot of main stream media available.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#92 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Katie that is AWESOME!!!!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#93 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 AM

I ordered Positive Discipline A-Z and the How to Talk book. I'm a zombie right now, another bad night. I thinking all the caffeine I drink is upsetting her sleep but what the heck do I do to stay awake?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#94 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM

Katie, I am not saying that the caffeine is upsetting her but it is metabolized more slowly by her body that by yours so it can build up in her body.

According to Hale the half-life in an adult is 4.9 hours and in neonates can be as high as 97.5 hours. This decreases with age 14 hours at 3-5 months and 2.6 hours at 6 months and older. Wait, that doesn't makes sense that it gets to shorted than adults? But that's what it says.

Peak levels in bm are found 60-120 minutes after ingestion. He goes on to say that irritability and insomnia are reported rarely but that the risk is that it may reduce the iron content of milk.

I just thought I would throw that out there. I really reduce coffee during pregnancy and then ramp back up over time. Right now I need to reduce because I am counting pots not cups per day. and

#95 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM

that you have dates for ANdrew! That is getting so close. You have been amazing this year.

(And I like the how to talk book, I've seen A-Z but not read it yet that I remember.)

#96 of 100 Old 01-31-2010, 04:33 PM

That's good to know about the caffeine since I really depend on it. It has gotten to the point where I am so sleep deprived that my eye twitches involuntarily like a crazy person. The moment I get into bed she's awake and impossible to get back to sleep. Then she'll sleep for about an hour and be awake for three. The last three days she just hasn't gone back to sleep at all, Liam comes in around 6:30 or 7 and we're all awake. I try to take a nap on the couch when she naps in the morning but I feel bad that Liam is awake. I am honestly debating whether setting her up with her own sleep space would be the best option at this point, like a side-car crib arrangement. We don't own a crib, she's outgrown her co-sleeper but did spend a few months sleeping in there partially so I know it's possible. I did some looking online yesterday but I really don't even know what to do.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#97 of 100 Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 AM

katie, i'm so psyched that you have a date for andrew! that makes me want to do a little dance of joy for you!

hey, everyone! we have baby movement over here at 15 weeks.

on another note... can i just leave it here in this thread that i hate january. there's one more hour of this month left, and tomorrow needs to be better than the last 31 days. it's just been cruddy, worry-ridden, and tiring. i'm just leaving it all here and picking up something new tomorrow.

here's hoping the full moon pulls in some good.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#98 of 100 Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Katie, so glad you have dates and it won't be long!

Lindsay, hooray for a job and a wiggly baby!

I'm way behind, as usual these days.

Judah's potty-learning! He has actually been dealing with awful tummy troubles and has been withholding stools horribly. It's been just awful! But in the process, we caught a few pees on the potty, and then yesterday he kept telling me when he had to go potty! At home, he was dry/clean pretty much the whole day! When he went to my mom's, not so much. :/ And then today we were pretty much out all day. Sigh. But, hey, he DOES know and so we've made huge progress! Before, I had pretty much never seen him pee, because he goes so infrequently! Maybe in the bath, but that's about it. Now, he's gone quite a bit on both the big and little potty and can clearly identify it. YAY!!

DH was out of town all last week, and it was rough for us. It always is. I can't imagine how you mamas who do this regularly cope. I felt better myself by the end of the week (nasty headache earlier), and we actually got some cleaning done around the house before DH got in. So that's better than some times when he leaves and I tell him he's just lucky we all made it to the end of the week! Poor Judah really missed DH, though! One day he said, "We go home, see Daddy!" And I said, no, Daddy wasn't home. He said, "Oh. Be home, one minute?" Unfortunately it was two more days... But he's back! And then I realize that sometimes, it's easier not to have another adult around. Especially when that adult gets rather grumpy!

After DH got home, I had a dream I was pg, and then later in the dream that we had 4 baby girls - i.e., quadruplets! (They were so tiny and sweet!) And ev.ery.one. is asking if we're having more. We're at the furthest distance from the last pregnancy we've ever been, which means 3+ years if we do have another. Getting to the point where it'll be beyond my comfort zone for spacing before too long. And while it's probably unlikely, I think I may hold my breath for the next two weeks, thanks to DH's coincidental trip timing and potentially advantageous return date. Not tied to any particular result, but that dream was pretty wonderful!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#99 of 100 Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM

Mommajb - could use your input on the caffeine in night parenting

#100 of 100 Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1190894

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page