Feb '08 Mamas - Happy New Year! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats, Lauren!

My kids have been on me again about Bear being the last baby. They're not fond of the idea, see, and think I should have another baby right away because once Bear is two he will no longer be a baby at all. Apparently we NEED to have a baby around here allllll the time. Silly little buggers.

Bear's RAST testing was negative once again. We're going to repeat skin testing in the summer and just think happy thoughts at him, because regardless of what the tests say his body behaves as though he has food allergies. Weird... but whatever! Perhaps one day I will get a degree and figure out what the deal is with his Bearianism. He is 36.5 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds. My lovey little moose! The doctor was terribly amused by his cuteness today, too. He's a riot.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#122 of 166 Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Congratulations Lauren!

I'm pretty sure Dea's post means ROM... I'm crossing my fingers for her that she gets her VBAC.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#123 of 166 Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Wheeee! Congrats Lauren, and welcome, Holly! Enjoy your babymoon...although is it still possible to babymoon with a toddler? Maybe not - but enjoy, Robin sounds sweet!

Helen - what does "ROM" mean?
#124 of 166 Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
Wheeee! Congrats Lauren, and welcome, Holly! Enjoy your babymoon...although is it still possible to babymoon with a toddler? Maybe not - but enjoy, Robin sounds sweet!

Helen - what does "ROM" mean?
Rupture of Membranes...

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#125 of 166 Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Rupture of Membranes...
Ah, thank you. I was trying to figure out - mucous plug? What?

My water didn't break until just before I started pushing, and I was in the tub - so the whole splash thing never happened. And I didn't noticed the snap - I was rather distracted by this unique animal desire/need to PUSH.

Fingers crossed for Dea!
#126 of 166 Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
Ah, thank you. I was trying to figure out - mucous plug? What?

My water didn't break until just before I started pushing, and I was in the tub - so the whole splash thing never happened. And I didn't noticed the snap - I was rather distracted by this unique animal desire/need to PUSH.

Fingers crossed for Dea!
Mine was artificially broken with Austin. So I felt it, but it wasnt random.

It broke spontaneously with Steven about 10 minutes before he popped out. The snap is such an incredibly strange feeling.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#127 of 166 Old 01-28-2010, 03:42 AM

Congrats Lauren. Welcome little Holly.

SL -

dea - that all is going according to plan for you

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#128 of 166 Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 AM

Yup. The snap with River- and with Rowan- was very weird. Even stranger with Skye, because I felt the pop twice. WTF?

I'm kind of assuming that as we have no updates at ALL that contractions started of their own accord. I hope. :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#129 of 166 Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Congratulations Lauren!!!!
#130 of 166 Old 01-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Hello there strangers! Steph and NOS I'm talking to you!

OOh, I'm excited for Dea too!

signature currently in transition
#131 of 166 Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Dea

MAMAS!
Okay sorry for the cryptic facebook post. I know people were watching it and I was devilish. I water broke at 5:30am on the 27th. I felt a pop, like when your joints snap and figured it was just my pelvis popping it would do it when he would move. Then I felt and heard some gurgling and I thought it my tummy, and I felt a little fluid, and just thought it was sweat, and I had to pee anyhow so I got up and GUSH! So I yelled at Adam which woke him and Trixie and ran to the bathroom (2 steps from my bed) and sure enough, it was my water. Heh. Everywhere. Clear and lovely.
Labour started right away, contractions every 2:30 mins for 45-50 seconds. Fun.... They were like that for a couple hours then slowed down, never really stopped. Around 5 pm went for a walk with my family, and noticed that the cloth diaper I was using to soak up the leaking fluid had a brown/ green tinge to it. Figured it was blood reacting with the diaper and changed it. Went for a long walk came home and more green/ brown. Called my midwife (for the millionth time, she was great about staying in contact, as was my doula) and she was already enroute. She came, looked at the stain and declared it mec. Sigh. Off to the hospital, where I nearly lost my temper with the admitting nurse. I was having very regular strong contractions and she sent me to the very full of families waiting room for 10-15 mins even though I had called ahead like a good little minion. I seethed and laboured. I was tranferred after more paperwork to an observation room where I was to pee in a cup. More seething. Finally declared in labour and transferred to a L&D suite. They kicked my midwife out because she had her 2 month old with her. She was upset. My doula showed up and we laboured forever. My contractions were strong, but I didn't progress from 4 cms for a long time. There was talk of pitocin (and damn doctor kept calling it oxytocin, grrr) and/ or c-section. More grrrr. I opted to continue to labour. It was hard, I screamed and focused and went (outwardly) catatonic. More labour. Internal contraction monitor, strong contractions. No progress. More talk of the evils I wanted to avoid. Finally at 3 am, they said it's getting to be 24 hours and then they would push for section. So I opted for pit and an epidural... I"m not happy about this, but it had been 22 hours of labour, and I was staring down another c-section. I had a cry about being weak and my doula told me that I could do it without, but it was my choice. (she was really supportive in a good way) But I have a fear of pit... so epidural. I dont like how it made me feel. I had a reaction to it and itched a lot, and scratched a lot, but it could have been worse. I only had a weak one, I could move my legs and still feel, but the edge was off. I was checked a while later and I was at 6, then an hour later and at 10. I got to push. 30 mins of pushing and I had a Hudson George. I had 2 second degree tears, on my perineum and one above my urethra. Fun!
But he's here. YAY!
I refused to to the HIV test with this pregnancy, to save someone some work somewhere and because I know I'm negative. They told me after he was born that if I didn't take the test they would make him take it. GRRRR. I didn't fight hard but I let them know it's a lame policy. Took the test.
I saw my placenta and there was a big white spot on it. I asked if it was calcium and I was told most likely, then the doctor came back later and told me she didn't want to say anything before, but it was Hudson's twin. I'm glad I saw it.

And there's the brief birth story. I should get it posted on my blog soonish. Now I'm off to breast feed my little man who's a nursing fiend! He has a perfect latch and is happy to camp out at a boob all day. It doesn't hurt, except for the cramps, but I can bear them.

Now if anyone is keeping track (I am) Lauren and I have the same birthday. Our daughters were born on the same day, and now our 2nd borns were born a day apart. heh....

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#132 of 166 Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Enjoy your beautiful baby boy!!! It's awesome to hear that breastfeeding is off to a great start!!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#133 of 166 Old 01-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Congrats to Helen, Dea, and Lauren I am so delighted to hear about your new little ones! Enjoy them, makes me want another! Sarah Lynn, I hope your little one is born soon!
#134 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 AM

congrats lauren and dea!!!

welcome to the world wonderful noobs!!

what an interesting coincidence about the birthdays, that's so neat, you should definitely arrange a meeting and maybe one of lauren's girls will fall in love with hudson (i love the name btw).

eh. who needs a signature?
#135 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Congrats!

I'm watching Planet Earth, disc 2. It's really really beautiful to me, and now I know where some of the random facts Bean's been spouting this week have come from.

My math review is going well, though I still feel as though I'm on some kind of archaeological dig in my head. Everything is in there, I just need to chip away at the layers of rock and dirt covering it up. I tend to chip away at it and then walk away for a bit, and when I come back it's like there's been a strong wind and all of the gravel and dust has blown away.

Hope everyone has a great day! I found some oil in the Saturn and a ten dollar bill when I cleaned up in my room... so I'm going to moon service tonight! I'm stoked, I miss The Farm.

#136 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM

Dea, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you!!
#137 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Howdy ladies!!

Congrats and welcome to the world Hudson!!

Well contractions started up again last night. We went out with friends and on the way home I (TMI!!) super puked out the window...barely got the window down in time. Came home and showered and went to bed (this was 3 am?) Everytime I turned over while I was sleeping I'd go into another contraction. Woke up at noon and went to the bathroom. No toilet paper...grrr DH brings me a paper towel and there is bright red, snotty mucus plug. Ta da!!

So this time I'm going with maybe baby tonight?!

God has a sense of humor that I just can't seem to understand though.

RIP Mom Dec. 15 1957- Jan. 30, 2009. I love you! Be with me!!

#138 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 PM

Sarah Lynne. Good luck with the birthing.

#139 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 04:45 PM

Sarah Lynne, same thing happened to my grandmother, except that it was her first grandchild that was born on the same date that her brother died. It was very healing for her, as I am sure Tristyn will be for you.

Have a beautiful birth.

Welcome to the world, Holly and Hudson.

#140 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Dea

Sarah Lynn, your post gave me shivers! I hope for a perfect birth for you today, and if not today very soon. So excited for you!

Everyone, thanks! We're really happy! And I'm so very happy that I"m not sore! YAY not sore! Now to get the smallest boy to sleep more at night....

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#141 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 PM

sarah lynne- i'm sending good peaceful labor vibes for you!!! and like dea says, if not now then soon can't wait for your update.

i've sent out all of my applications, now i just have to hear back and hope that one of them wants me. i keep switching between, i'm going to get in to them all and none of them will want me. ugh. now i just have to wait until the end of feb, middle of march to find out.

either way, we're moving to oregon around may-ish, just saw some friends from there yesterday, i'm so excited, it sounds like it's going to be good for us all.

rynna- i hope you have fun at the farm! it'll feel good i'm sure to get back to that space. not to be nosy but how're things with thrh? i haven't seen you post much lately and i'm curious but don't want to pry if things aren't going well. feel free to ignore this if you don't want to answer!

two more things, hanna andersson has dresses at some costcos for i think 13.99 AND don't spread the word too much(because half the time they sell out before i can pay for them) but the soft star shoe sale starts on monday at 12. just don't buy the laguna playa sandals in size 9 that i want for linnaea and fyi, the smaller sizes like, 7 and under usually hang out until the end when they are 70% off for those that have noobs and might want some little ones.

#142 of 166 Old 01-30-2010, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

This thread is soooo exciting lately! And it's WONDERFUL to see posts from so many mamas that we haven't seen in a while!

Dea, congrats again & welcome Hudson!
Lauren, congrats and welcome Holly!

Sarah Lynne - oooooooo sending you birthing labor vibes...I hope you're in a good place right now!

I must say, I'm only 17 weeks but I'm already feeling kind of ready to just have a baby already. Birthing was my favourite part of pregnancy, and hearing about all these babies just makes me want to meet our new one! Sigh. 23-ish more weeks to go. But who's counting. Maybe I'll change my tune once the nausea & deadening fatigue go away. But - babies!!!!!!!!!!!
#143 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 AM

My redhead has been poor and thus far away. It's depressing. That said, he recently found work... as did the other fellow I've been wanting to meet up with for a while now. At this rate, I'll likely see THRH before the end of February, and the other fellow (as yet un-nicknamed-- that will change) within the next two months. I'm also probably going to hook up with an old friend from school next week. Not in love with that fellow, but there was always some degree of attraction, if you know what I mean. In other words, I'm as jammy a git as ever... just a poor one, who spent the better part of two months being violently ill.

#144 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 02:59 AM

Tristyn Jane Noelle made her entrance at 10:03 pm on Jan 30! She's 7 lbs even, 20 inches even and nurses like a champ already. Perfect apgars across the board...in fact she came out pink! We're totally blissed out and happy she is here. This definately made today a very super special day. I could feel my mom's presence just about the time Tristyn decided to start making her way out. 9 minutes of pushing

I feel pretty good right now although a little tired. She's so tiny compared to Steven and none of my diapers are going to fit her for a while LOL

Full birth story will come later!

#145 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 03:06 AM

Congrats, Sarah Lynne!

#146 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 AM

congrats sarah lynne!!!!

welcome tristyn! what unusual timing from the universe. linnaea was conceived pretty close to the day that i had to put my dog of 13 years to sleep and it's always been bitter-sweet but it's getting more sweet than bitter.

#147 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM

Wow, congrats sarah lynne! What amazing timing. Big Big hugs. And welcome tristyn.

Dea, slightly belated congrats here at MDC. Hudson looks gorgeous and I am so happy to had a VBAC.

What a busy time for our DDC.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#148 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 12:38 PM

welcome tristyn!!

3 babies in as many days, wow!!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#149 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM

rynna- forgot to mention in the excitement of tristyn getting here, i'm happy to hear that it's only been the not-feeling-well and lack of money that is keeping you from getting to it.

and i think i also forgot to mention that i'm really REALLY happy that bear seems to be doing better without the wheat and soy, even if he's not _supposed_ to be allergic to them.

#150 of 166 Old 01-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Dea

Sarah Lynn! Congrats Mama! So happy for you! YAY BABY! YAY! Also many more yays! I can't wait for more info!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page