Mothering Forum banner

Feb '08 Mamas - Happy New Year!

5K views 165 replies 20 participants last post by  98741 
#1 ·
Just getting us started...Happy 2010! Our babes are almost 2...what does the new year hold for you and your family? How did you ring in 2010?

December 2009 thread

#152 ·
Dea, Lauren, Sarah Lynne- congratulations on the births of your babes!
May your babymoon be a time for some beautiful bonding, rest, recovery, connection and being gentle with yourself while getting to know your newest family member.
I am so happy for you mamas!

Love, love,

Mj

#153 ·
And news- in a different post...

We're expecting!

I think I'm in the same ddc as slgt! I just posted there for the first time tonight, so of course, I had to post here, too! It has been a long, hellish, nightmare of a first trimester. I've been in the hospital with viral gastroenteritis which makes the morning sickness, exhaustion and malaise I had with Amelia look like an all expense paid vacation to Tahiti. Oh what an experience!

We had a heartbeat at 7 weeks, but then they couldn't find one at 8 or 10- they couldn't even find the baby- so needless to say it has been scary, heartbreaking, worrysome- all that and more. At week 12 we heard the heartbeat with our OB- tears, joy, hope... 15/16 weeks now and our midwife says this baby is sticky and wants to be here. I just hope the baby is OK.

I still haven't told my friends- is this crazy? I just couldn't bear telling bad news if it didn't work out. And for five weeks, I didn't think I could live- and I didn't want to live I was in so much agonizing pain. Seriously, I didn't think a baby could pull through this.

So I am glad to be here, to be better, to have a baby, to hope and work towards health- and to be able to share this all with you. Thanks for listening!

Love to the mamas and the recent mamas again!

xo
Mj

#154 ·
mishaj YAY! I'm so happy for you! SO HAPPY! Also the happiness! YAY!
I know the agony of wondering if there will be a heartbeat. (Hudson was a twin.) I'm glad that you have a happy ending! YAY BABY!

#155 ·
WOW! It's almost like being in a DDC!! Congrats Dea!! Congrats Sarah Lynne! Oh how exciting!

Also woohoo Mishaj! Congrats on your little one coming along! What excitement.

Wow so much fun going on here! I love it.

A little funny: somehow each winter a bird gets into the house. DD and I came home from grocery shopping to see the big kids and DH buzzing around the dining room table trying to shoo the bird away. Of course the bird is under the table. As DD put it "birdie eat popcorn" because, um, we're so very diligent about vaccuuming or something.
DH had to lure the bird away using popcorn off the floor, until it finally flew out the window. And we vaccuumed the floor. Lest the bird bring his little friends back. DH is sure he's telling his birdie friends that the floors are paved with food!

#157 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
A little funny: somehow each winter a bird gets into the house. DD and I came home from grocery shopping to see the big kids and DH buzzing around the dining room table trying to shoo the bird away. Of course the bird is under the table. As DD put it "birdie eat popcorn" because, um, we're so very diligent about vaccuuming or something.
DH had to lure the bird away using popcorn off the floor, until it finally flew out the window. And we vaccuumed the floor. Lest the bird bring his little friends back. DH is sure he's telling his birdie friends that the floors are paved with food!
I love this. We're only diligent about vacuuming because of Bear's allergies. I mean if your kid starts to wheeze when crumbs are stirred from the carpeting upon which he's playing, you kind of become hyperaware of their presence and work extra hard to eliminate them.
Thankfully the kids enjoy vacuuming, so while Mike and I do some Bean and Boobah actually do a fair amount of it.

Mike very thoughtfully shared his cold with me. Isn't that sweet?
While I was sick with the stomach thing, I actually *looked* as awful as I felt, so the kids didn't really want to climb on me or hug and kiss me. The cold, on the other hand, is very minor. I'm still quite functional, I just have to keep tissues nearby. This means that the kids *do* want to climb on me for hugs, kisses, and the daily loveloves.
My hands are incredibly dry from washing them so much, but I'd be shocked if all four of them didn't have this by the weekend.
I just can't get the point through to any of them that they do not want to be rubbing their noses against mine right now.
I suppose that I should be grateful to have such problems, huh?

#158 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamalove1 View Post
Hi there!
I found the group! My daughter was born on February 20th 2008. It is exciting to hear all your stories. DH and I are going to TTC on late Spring so wonderful to hear about the new babies too!
Mamalove1
Welcome!

#159 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Tristyn Jane Noelle made her entrance at 10:03 pm on Jan 30! She's 7 lbs even, 20 inches even and nurses like a champ already. Perfect apgars across the board...in fact she came out pink! We're totally blissed out and happy she is here. This definately made today a very super special day. I could feel my mom's presence just about the time Tristyn decided to start making her way out. 9 minutes of pushing

I feel pretty good right now although a little tired. She's so tiny compared to Steven and none of my diapers are going to fit her for a while LOL

Full birth story will come later!
CONGRATS!!!! and what a beautiful overlap - to have your mom watching over you - that took my breath away. WELCOME TRISTYN!

#161 ·
Baby pictures!!

A quick hello to share some pictures
We're doing great! I'm recovering very rapidly. I have almost no bleeding and the aches are nothing a little Motrin doesn't help. We've had to scramble for clothes because she's so tiny. We had to buy a pack of diapers because all the ones I have are way too big :p

#165 ·
Sarah Lynn!!!
Congrats!! That was so beautiful reading about your mother's presence at your birth. What an amazing experience, I'm sure it will be both hard and beautiful celebrating death and life at the same time each year.
Your pics are so beautiful! Tristyn is a gorgeous bright eye baby!! I love the tandem nursing pic, I have one of those when James was born and it makes me laugh looking back on it and how hard it was at first compared to how easy it became later on. I hope you are feeling well and everyone is getting adjusted.

#166 ·
Dea, I know your situation with nursing isn't the "norm", but I want to give you some encouragement that it is totally normal for a baby to lose some weight and even for a baby to be a little hungry while the milk is getting figured out. These are totally normal and natural experiences for many, many women. Please don't be so hard on your self. You are both doing great!! Keep working on nursing and supplement as needed and it will be the best it can be! Have you used a SNS system or are you doing bottles? Are you getting any milk this time? I just wanted you to know I read and was thinking about you. Please update us on how nursing is going and we'll help as much as we can from a distance.

Also, welcome and congrats to our new members and those we haven't seen in a long time!!
I look forward to seeing you more on the new thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.