Need fever help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 2 yearl is spiking a fever of about 102, normally i would let it go for a bit longer but she is crying and carrying on so i am treating it

my DD has taken a few homeopathy remedies this week for her chest cold but they seem to have made her worse so we stopped them all together, she alos takes homeopathy sulfu for her constipatin she has been on this for a weeks or so but still no poop.

My QUESTION is can you mix homeopathy therapies with western medicine.
I am kinda on the fence I was raised on westertn medicine but for some things I am against it ( vax and antibitoics (if not really needed) please give me some feedback. I am very upset, not sure what to do.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM

When in doubt, call and ask a pharmacist. They know what drugs interact with what. Most homeopathic treatments would not interfere with Motrin or such as they only have trace amounts of medicinal herbs, etc. in them but I would just ask a pharmacist for my own peace of mind. Good luck mama.

Adrienne~SAHM to DS1~9, DS2~7, and DD1~4/08, partner in crime to DH since 98~
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

called pharmacist he didnt think there would be a problem, my lo was crying so bad i just gave her a half of dose, well it took her temp down she is **** a bit warm my homeopath called and is rx another remedy for her now that she fevered, we 'll see how that works. thanks

User Tag List