what's your favorite travel potty? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to have a potty I could carry around in a wetbag for easy convenient use. My daughter is great at home, but out of the house she is more distracted and I want to make it easier. What do you like?

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif
#2 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

We bought the Potette 2-in-1 travel potty. It had really high reviews. One good tip I read was instead of always buying the bags the company sells to go with it...to simply use plastic sacks with a paper towel in the bottom. Much more economical.
#3 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 PM

I swear by this potty. ABSOLUTELY love it! in fact I have it and bought it 2x as a gift. Even though all my boys are well beyond potty training we still carry it around in our car for those emergencies especially when traveling. It has saved us many a time.

I like it because it can fold up and dosent "look" like a potty stored. Plus because it folds down and made from hard plastic its more sanitary, no blowing up a potty or swishing buckets. You use plain old gallon sized bags (without the zipper pull-I buy the cheap generic kind) I keep a few maxi pads in the side compartment for "wet" bags and simple toss in a maxi pad which helps absorb the wet mess and keep it from swishing around in the back of our car until we can toss it. The seat is pretty sturdy my 50 lb son can sit on it. It has two side compartments for storage-we use them for the plastic bags, wet wipes, a disenfecting wipe case and a few generic maxi pads. We have pulled over literally tons of time on the side of the road so one of the boys could climb into the back of our suv to "go potty" in this.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=86184
#4 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM

I second the Potette I have used it all throughout Europe, South America & Africa, I've used it in parks, playgrounds, airplanes, the car, etc. It is so convenient and very small and portable. I buy the small trash bags and use maxi pads for absorbency. The potette bags are quite expensive. I couldn't be more happy with this awesome product

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-POTET...6011537&sr=8-4
#5 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM

That potty is really neat, I just brought the training potty in the van with us when I have a kid potty learning. Do you guys take this into stores with you or is it just for roadside potty breaks?

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#6 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hum, er, the road? Toddler is always very impressed when we do that.

Mostly we carry around the huge Bjorn potty seat. It fits everywhere and even through it is big and bulky my big, big toddler feels really secure with it.

Considering the Potette though for a road trip this summer. I'm also considering just taking our regular bjorn potty chair because he loves that one.
#7 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM

baby bjorn

Katie
#8 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

yeah the huge bjorn isn't really an option for walking around with. I like the look of the small posette one and so I ordered it. Thanks!

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page