It's March! ~ Feb '08 babies ~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 86 Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy March! Our babies are two, it's amazing! Bear is such a big fellow, very chatty and with the most amazing, loving, open personality. He's a little ray of sunshine in the gloom that is winter, and now Spring is around the corner.

I just had the most amazing weekend! I spent much more time driving than I would have liked, but other than that everything that could have gone right did. I am home and feeling seriously refreshed, energized, and with one notable exception ready to face everything life has to throw at me. I have the most amazing friends, old and new, and I'm just basking in that right now. Have you ever thought about the coolest people you could imagine, and spending time with them in a good, comfortable way? I used to wonder where you find those ridiculously cool people, but in the past few weeks I've come to realize that I already know them. This weekend, it all came to the forefront of my consciousness-- I know the most amazing people, they're all around me! I've got old friends and new friends and I'm generally blessed by the awesomeness of all of them.

The notable exception to my warm fuzzy feelings of loveyness would be the fact that I need at least one (possibly two) root canals... and there is no way that they're going to happen any time soon. So I'm in a LOT of pain, and I can't really eat solid food right now. I'm going to see if I can get some antibiotics and painkillers from my doctor this week. Aside from that, though, and the perpetual cashflow issues, I'm feeling spectacular.

How is everyone else? How are you enjoying your newly-twos?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#2 of 86 Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM

hi all! happy march!

megan- we have a half lab half rott and she's settling down nicely, of all the pets that i used to pet sit for the only one that truly needed two walks a day was the lab, and he was probably six-ish? i don't think i'll ever get another one, sorry teeny!

teeny- i wouldn't really count on a dog house helping all that much. being outside helps but most dogs are pack animals and want to be with their pack. it's the stimulation and exercising that they get outside of the yard that really help make the livable creatures. i mean, my dog will run along the fence and bark at people/cars/birds all day but she still needs a walk because it gets boring in the yard. dogs are a lot of work, i'm sure it's especially hard for a non-dog person because sometimes the only thing that makes it worthwhile is how much i love my dog.

rynna- yay for you! sometimes i really love my friends too! i'm sorry to hear about the root canals curtis had one and he was seriously non-functional because of the pain it was so bad. are there any dentists that take payments?

sarah lynne- i'm glad to hear that your trial night went well! my trial day went horrible and i ended up canceling it about two hours in because they were both freaking out. i've got my fingers crossed that it bodes well for your future! and congrats on the 5 years! that is so sweet!

i think my milk is drying up, there's hardly any left and i'm getting really impatient with the nursing. i'm totally ready to be done but she's not quite there yet. we'll see.

i'm amazed at her memory sometimes, she can sit and read herself an entire book from memory. she also knows a bunch of songs (curtis sings neil young songs for nap time) and they are LONG.

i'm trying to decide which school to go to but it's hard. i think i'm probably going to end up flipping a coin or something else random, because any of the schools would work fine.

eh. who needs a signature?
#3 of 86 Old 03-02-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

I've yet to find a dentist who takes payments... usually they want you to apply for a bloody credit card first. Well if I qualified for a credit card, I wouldn't need to ask for a payment plan! Dorkuses. Still working on the painkillers.

Hm. I smell dirty pants. I think my moment in front of the computer is about to end.

#4 of 86 Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies, I just have to rant a little bit. Some friends of mine from high school are sleep training their six month old. I keep seeing Facebook statuses about how long the baby cried and how it's going and I've just got a rock in my stomach over it all. I don't get it. Why? Why are they deliberately being cruel to their own child? I don't want to be judgmental but it's just so unfair and illogical and I can't wrap my head around it. [/rant]

#5 of 86 Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Dea

Rynna, a friend of mine just sleep trained her 5 month old. She posted how he cried for 3 hours one night. I had the same feeling as you. I didn't say anything to her, because he is her child, she knows how I feel about these things. but it's gut wrenching to know that a child just wanted his parents so badly and they denied him. She even commented that on the night before when she broke down and went into his room he was so happy to see her. sigh.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#6 of 86 Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 AM

Oh, my heart can't handle this CIO talk. So so sad to me.

Dea, how's breastfeeding going?

Things are good here, we're mostly settled in the new house. I just learned that I'm going to get to co-doula a homebirth in April so I'm happy about that. It will be free, but the doula that has been working with the clients is very new and she was really uncomfortable with the situation as it was so I offered to help her and I've never been to a HB other than my own!

James is mostly potty trained, we pretty much just do diapers when we're out and for sleeping, it's pretty awesome! They stayed with a new friend for the first time today and he even told her when he had to go and pooped for her! It's so funny to be so excited about bathroom things.

Rynna, I'm so sorry about your teeth. Tooth pain is the worst, I hope you have a solution soon!!

Carrie, Linnea sounds so cute!! I thought you knew what school you were going to!?!

Sarah Lynn, I hope going back to work works out great!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#7 of 86 Old 03-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I've yet to find a dentist who takes payments... usually they want you to apply for a bloody credit card first. Well if I qualified for a credit card, I wouldn't need to ask for a payment plan! Dorkuses. Still working on the painkillers.

Hm. I smell dirty pants. I think my moment in front of the computer is about to end.
bummer. we've had good luck with each of the dentists we've used for the kids. even for linnaea's surgery they were all three (surgery center, anesthesiologist, and dentist) willing to take payments.

though they did suggest the care credit card (i didn't qualify, go figure maybe it's because i'm poor and i have $65,000 in student loan debt? i dunno) anyway, after we were denied they did the payment plan.

sleep training makes me and though i will admit that i have sometimes in desperation briefly wished that i was the kind of mother that could consider it i've never actually seriously thought that it would succeed.

i'm too much of a scientist to believe that a child needs to be abandoned to fall asleep. evolution has given us babies that cry when they need us and _we_ respond to it. that's why the proponents tell themselves that they have to ignore their instincts. it's an instinct for a reason!

#8 of 86 Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Dea

Sarah my breastfeeding is going. It's hard, but I remind myself over and over that while the calories he getting from me is small, there are a lot of other benefits, but it is a process, feed then bottle feed. He nurses as long as any other baby would and be done with it. So I'll give him credit that he puts in a good effort and doesn't give up when it starts to get a little sparse. (which is right away) Sometimes he'll get enough to sustain him for an hour, but he's sleeping, I suspect the effort just wears him out. But he's growing and is healthy so I don't see why I should change anything.

About sleep training. Not to bash, but I agree with Carrie, nature is what it is. Yay evolution. Also kinda on the same topic. I manage to get Trixie and Hudson to nap at the same time every day, and I nap with them. People always complain that this is so hard. I say YAY for cosleeping! I love my naps!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#9 of 86 Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Robin has an ear infection and now the rest of us have caught her cold, too. Even Holly, who keeps choking on her mucus drainage . I'm so tired, and DH's work is extra busy right now... plus it was my first week back to teaching and I already had to cancel a class to stay home with Robin!! Feeling overwhelmed and wish I had family nearby .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#10 of 86 Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Good for you Dea, you're definitely right that any breast milk is better than no breast milk and I'm really proud of you for continuing to do what you know is best for your son. I used to nap with Grace and James like that too, it sure made it easier!

Lauren, that sucks. It's so frustrating when things all happen at once. I wish you had more local help too, it's hard to do it without family nearby to help. I'd love to live by my family, but they'd have to move here, I'm not moving back "home". I hope you are all feeling better soon!

I just have to say, I'm really proud of myself! I've been using SparkPeople.com to track my food intake and I joined the YMCA. I've been going 5 days a week and I'm seeing improvement in how hard I can work out (I'm even running a very little bit!). I'm down about 15 pounds! I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling good and getting in the rhythm and I was actually really bummed when I had to miss a day at the gym last week!

#11 of 86 Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 AM

Woo hoo Sarah. You totally inspired me to get back on fitday and keep track of what I am eating. I have been doing my exercise (no longer running, but walking and sprinting now - I got SO bored running, even with a MP3 player)

I would love to loose some flab before conceiving, and just anyway.

Lauren, I hope your family are all well on the road to recovery. Sick little babies is no fun all around.

Carrie, I also thought you were accepted at your school of choice, I didn't know you were deliberating.

Yeah, sleep training is something I have wished I could do in my desperate moments, until I realise it is not a quick fix, and not something I could sustain. I have read passionate debates on it, and I really can understand that sometimes it is the only option available to parents. That said, our neighbours son regularly cries himself to sleep. Hillel notices and doesn't like it Neither do I. Although I have learnt to ignore it in the hope that the boy will be OK (he is 3).

We are back in "where are we going to live?" mode after yet another blow up with IL's. I knew it would be hard living in a foreign country.... it's just SO hard sometimes. Communication is getting better, I think MIL is just taking a really long time to get who I am and the choices I make in my life.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#12 of 86 Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Ended up taking Robin to the ER last night because her cough was getting worse and worse rather than better. She has been diagnosed with croup and we're giving her steroids to help. They did help but she totally freaked out when we got home which was terrifying and upsetting. Holly is very mucousy and is starting to cough, too. It seems to be related to drainage rather than the dry cough Robin had... but I'm worried about her, too. And extremely tired.

Weirdly enough, this happened a year to the day after we took Robin to the ER for pneumonia in Mar '09.

OK, Robin thinks she's making Holly happy but she's just annoying her in the bouncy, so I must intervene...

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#13 of 86 Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Dea

Lauren, I hope that Robin's feeling better now. I had to smile at the end of your post. Trixie often bounces Hudson thinking that he likes it, but I can see he's getting more and more agitated. I try to balance it so that she gets to feel helpful, but he doesn't go crazy from the extra love that she imparts.
Sarah, yay for getting fit. I think I've healed enough that I can start at a gym again. I feel this pressure to get all fit and stuff for Trixie, I want to make sure she has a good role model, plus the fitter and thinner I am for the next baby will make conception and pregnancy easier. (although I have easy pregnancies, but my births are hard-- hmmm... but I think that's more related to my over thinking!)

So it looks like our group is getting more and more quiet as the years pass. Kinda sad!

#14 of 86 Old 03-08-2010, 04:38 AM

i'm sad about the quiet too, so many mamas have just slowly dropped off. remember when we used to have a page a day in our thread? i still see flapjack and nausicaamom (jenn) on another board i'm on which is nice.

i did think i knew what school i was going to BUT it turns out that the prerequisites are not covered by financial aid and i have to come up with around $2600 before school starts, so i'm considering other programs where i don't have to pay that much money.

i'm also considering asking my grandparents for a little help as i know they really want me to succeed. it also depends on what, if any, scholarships i get. i just finished my statement of purpose, ugh, to send off tomorrow.

dea- yay i'm so glad you are nursing!!

megan- i can totally see how difficult it must be to live in another country. are you thinking of moving back to south africa where your dad is?

lauren- i'm sorry your girls are sick. there was one night lazlo had this funky wheeze and he couldn't catch his breath and i just freaked out and took him outside in the freezing cold and it helped him get back to sleep. of course, i slept next to him and worried that it was getting worse but it was okay in the morning. i hope holly clears up and robin feels better.

sarah- yay you for getting fit!! some how i've gained 20 pounds over the last few months and NONE of my clothes fit. what's weird is that i was totally over eating when i gained it but now that i'm not overeating it's not going away. i used to be able to control my weight by just waiting until i was hungry to eat and then stopping the second i felt full. my dh keeps telling me, "welcome to your early 30's" and it makes me because i don't want it to be this way. anyway, long story to say, i think i need to get myself active too!

#15 of 86 Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well, things have been busy around here. The weather just got nice, so the kids have been outside a lot. I'm hoping to take them to a state park tomorrow or Wednesday, it's become a bit of a spring tradition for us. I've also been spending a lot of time with friends, old and new, in person. This makes me unbelievably happy. As it turns out, my old friends are even cooler than I remembered and there are new friends everywhere. Last Sunday (not yesterday) I went to Pittsburgh and met a whole bunch of new friends; In fact, there were only three people at the party that I'd met before. I had the time of my life, it was brilliant!

The friend who had been hosting the GURPS game I've been playing told me he wanted to take a trip to DC one of these weekends, so we'll be carpooling down that way next Sunday. Oh yes: Saturday is Bean's very first Pinewood Derby (he's terribly excited and so am I!) so I'll be busy all weekend again. This is probably a very good thing, as I am going to ovulate at some point this weekend and I probably shouldn't be alone with anyone. Hormones. What's a woman to do?

Bean snatched my camera out of my hand at his Blue & Gold Banquet and dropped it. Now it doesn't work at all. I am absolutely heartbroken, I can't afford to have it repaired or replaced and I'm not getting pictures of the kids outdoors on this beautiful freaking day. Not having a camera is a huge (and hugely depressing) thing for me. It makes me want to strangle Bean and Mike (because if his sorry butt was working, I could definitely get the camera repaired). Mostly I cry about it alone in my room.

In most fabulous news, my size 12P jeans are quite loose! I've decided that when I get to single digits, I will buy myself some designer jeans of the sort that you can find at TJ Maxx (two seasons behind but still nifty). Provided, of course, that I can find a pair which fits comfortably and looks nice. $30 is a lot for me to spend on jeans, I usually buy clearance and get them cheaper than that, even before the great financial crunch... but damn it, I think I deserve something for hitting single digits without a completely insane and disordered food/exercise regimen. I've been working on getting more exercise, but have been insanely busy. I'll get there.

I'm going to ask Mike for some of the tax refund so that I can get my bike tire fixed. Now that it's nice outside, I want to do some riding! Especially if I can't take pictures.

#16 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 AM

Hi everyone,

Rynna, hope your teeth get better soon. And may your account be overflowing with the funds to pay for it.

I took the kids to visit my dad over March break and plunked down $500 in dental work for myself. An old metal filling had to be removed and replaced with a ceramic one. And now DS1 may require a palatial expander, a precursor to braces. Grrr that's another $2 000 we weren't anticipating in spending just yet. I will get the second opinion of at least 2 other orthodontists before moving ahead with this. Mind you, even the consultation for a second opinion will cost me $60 each time...

Ah yes, my 2 yo bouncing ball of energy. DS2 is a handful. Definitely a very curious mind and sharp eyes that don't miss a thing. He loves to drag around chairs or stools, climb on them, and access all kinds of stuff that we don't want him to get into. Even tried to climb the shelves in the fridge.

What happened to NOS? Haven't seen her around in ages. Is everything okay with her?

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#17 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixMom View Post
Rynna, hope your teeth get better soon. And may your account be overflowing with the funds to pay for it.
From your keyboard to God's ears.

Quote:
What happened to NOS? Haven't seen her around in ages. Is everything okay with her?
I upset her by being offended that she compared renting a tux for her teenaged son's [public school] prom to planning a c-section or bottle feeding an infant. I think she still lurks, but she rarely posts here anymore.

#18 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM

I see NOS on facebook.

So, the steroids have helped R's cough but it keeps coming back. So it's back to the dr later today. I think it may be asthma.

Extremely tired from a week of illness/appts. House is a mess.

#19 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Asthma sucks. It's one of the reasons I'm so glad that it's spring-- the girls have both stopped wheezing with the nicer weather.

Bear's been throwing up again. What am I going to do with this kid? He's not acting sick so I'm not making a big fuss, but blech. I don't know if it's a virus, a sensitive tummy, a cold, allergies or what. If any of the kids succeed in giving me gray hair, it'll be Bear.

#20 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM

Hello all!

Things are going well here. I too am sad about the dwindling participation here. But I find I'm having a harder time popping in to this thread because there are so many topics of conversation going on that by the time I post I forget all of what I want to say or who to respond to. then I feel like I just talk about myself on and on, so I figure you all could do without my self-centeredness. It's hard to keep up with a chat thread. I do miss the DDC set-up, for sure.

Croup sucks, smokeylo, no doubt about that.

Rynna, great work! You're a motivator! What have you been doing weightloss wise? Atkins style? Poor little Bear, gosh I hope he gets better soon.

Hi everyone else!

The other morning, DH and I were both awake and up and about, but DD was still asleep in our bed. I went in to get something, and she rolled over and in her sleep said "Tinkerbelle" hee hee hee... I later tried to ask her what she dreamt about and she said "I don't know."

signature currently in transition
#21 of 86 Old 03-09-2010, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

At present, my diet is based on avoiding heat, cold, sweet, anything which might be caffeinated (insomnia bites) and anything which might require chewing. I drink a lot of lukewarm soup and almost-cold seltzer water. I can also eat soft-boiled eggs. It's wretched, I'd advise against it. I'm craving PIZZA right now in the worst way. My only consolation is that even if I could afford to buy myself a slice, I wouldn't be able to eat it without sacrificing the ability to move my jaw at all without blinding pain for the rest of the day.

Feel free to post self-centeredly, Teeny. That goes for all of you.

#22 of 86 Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Well, after a dramatic day of me being a heap of something on the floor, in tears if Hillel asked me to read him a book or the dog ate something he shouldn't etc I have finally got it. I need help. Obsessing hours over FIL smoking near Hillel and how to keep them apart physically when FIL smokes was not helping.

I am not coping, and my emotional wellbeing is getting worse not better.

I am looking into biomedical options combined with therapy.... although having finally admitted that I need help and I am not coping has taken a load off.

Woot for all the ladied loosing inches.... and I'll be back in a less dramatic style next time around.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#23 of 86 Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM

megan- i bet getting help will help. that sentence is phrased oddly, sorry! do you take fish oil? it really helped me.

teeny- talk about yourself all you want! linnaea does cute dream things too, sometimes we can talk to her and sometimes not.

rynna- congrats on the weight loss, how's the insomnia going?i love it when i realize how much i love my friends.

felixmom- good to see you! how's your ds doing? i remember he had surgery awhile ago and that the recovery seemed to be going well...

no news for us really, i am procrastinating and not working on my scholarship essay. it snowed last night, a few inches, after a day that was warm and sunny. the weather out here is just nuts.

#24 of 86 Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Bear FREAKED about wanting to go outside, but when he finally got outside he wrapped himself around me like a little magnetic monkey and whimpered pathetically. He did that last night to go to sleep, too. Usually he wants to snuggle with Mike but last night he said, "I want to snuggle up!" and wrapped his right arm around my neck in a death grip. He buried his head so tightly against my shoulder and neck that I was sure he'd be suffocated in my hair, but I could hear him sucking his thumb and whenever I shifted position, he would tighten his grip around my neck and burrow in even more tightly. He was a little ball of sweat by the time he was asleep enough for me to pry my neck from his adorable little grasp.

Once he had calmed down, he had a great time. We have this huge tree in our yard and Bella would hide behind it, then I would sneak around the tree and yell "Boo!" so she would shriek and giggle. This was terribly amusing for about half an hour. Bear found her a few times with joyful shrieks of "I found Bella!" and when Bella ran off he would run around the tree and shout, "I found Bear!" and laugh and clap and just tremble with excitement. The cutest was when he said, "I found Bear! All right, high five!" I just about lost it laughing! He's a little doll, he is.

Ah the insomnia, yes. Last night I took an Ambien and two NyQuil Gelcaps and got five hours of sleep (which is a very comfortable full night for me). I can't take the Ambien again tonight, though, because I need to sleep tomorrow and possibly Friday as well, and if I take it three nights in a row I won't be able to see on the fourth day (it messes with my vision). I'm also about to run out of NyQuil, I need to go get more. I wish that I could afford to shop somewhere other than Walmart. I watched Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price the other day when I couldn't sleep and wow, it was so depressing. In my case, not only is Walmart the cheapest place to buy things like NyQuil, it's the *closest* by a distance significant enough for me to notice it (and that takes a lot, as I have no clue about space-- only time, which obviously varies significantly with traffic and time of day).

All right, I'm off to see if I can eat some of the dinner Mike made for the kids or if I need to make myself some soup. I'm so tired of soup.

#25 of 86 Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post
Well, after a dramatic day of me being a heap of something on the floor, in tears if Hillel asked me to read him a book or the dog ate something he shouldn't etc I have finally got it. I need help. Obsessing hours over FIL smoking near Hillel and how to keep them apart physically when FIL smokes was not helping.

I am not coping, and my emotional wellbeing is getting worse not better.

I am looking into biomedical options combined with therapy.... although having finally admitted that I need help and I am not coping has taken a load off.

Woot for all the ladied loosing inches.... and I'll be back in a less dramatic style next time around.
Oh Megan, I hope you find the help you need. I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

Thanks, Carrie, I feel like I do talk too much.

Aww Rynna, I love that - how much fun you can finally have when you go outside. I've been feeling the itch to run around outside too. DD's been dying to go to a park all winter. Every time we drive past one she'd say in a dejected tone, "we not go to a park today."

Speaking of talking in her sleep: DSD last night at around midnight shouted something - a full sentence, like she was yelling at someone, but it was all nonsense words. I called back DSD, are you ok, and silence. Must have been some dream!

signature currently in transition
#26 of 86 Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Teeny and Carrie, thanks for the virtual hugs and thoughts. I am definitly feeling better at the moment, just worried about falling apart again. It seems to come out of the blue. I am upping my fish oils to a TBS a day, giving me almost 2.5 g of EPA and almost 1.5 g of DHA. I guess time will tell if that is enough.

Hillel also mumbles in his sleep.... and I also ramble a lot about myself here I am always so impressed when others remember and keep track or so many different lives. I get it together once in a while.

Here we have a mini heat wave. I had to get Hillel's pool out and he is running around nekkid.

#27 of 86 Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Megan, I am so sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time. I can't imagine how hard it would be living in a different country away from your family and having in-law issues on top of it. You have had a rough year with your mother's death and your fathers life changing so quickly, it's no wonder you're struggling a little! I agree that acknowledging that there is a problem is a huge relief in it's self. I had a really rough time when Grace was like 9-18 months or so and it was very helpful for me to just acknowledge that and then I was able to take steps to improve things. I'm glad you're feeling better today and I hope it continues. Just remember to be easy on yourself. I also agree with the fish oil and I have also found that supplementing vitamin D has helped my moods too. Also, have your periods returned, does this seem timed to that at all? I have found that I struggle more with PMS moodiness much more now, I didn't really have an issue with it before having kids.

Everyone-I love that we talk about ourselves and our lives, both including, and out side of our mothering! Please keep sharing and don't feel like you're being selfish by doing that! I think that's a lot of what keeps us connected and invested in each other's lives! I like you all as women, not just as mothers!

Sleep talking- I love it, it's so funny. My husband used to talk in his sleep and I could often get him to have conversations with me. One time, I actually peed myself because I was laughing so flipping hard and could pry myself away from the conversation to go to the bathroom! Ahh, I miss his sleep talking....

Rynna, that sounds so sweet! James sleeps like that every once in a while, with an arm wrapped around my neck, so sweet. Man, it really sucks that sleep is still such a struggle! Are you feeling better outside of sleeping? I wish I has some quick fix to tell you, I hope it gets better!! Well, I guess outside of sleep and your tooth. Maybe if we all work to manifest you some money it will happen! I'll be sending out positive thoughts for you! What about a tax return, any money to be used there? Are there any programs to assist with things like this?

Carrie, that's a bummer that there are drawbacks to your first choice but it's awesome that you have several good choices to choose from! Weight is such a PITA, I hope a little activity is all your body needs to jump back into gear!

Felixmom- I have a chair scooter/climber as well. I keep reminding him that things are on the counter because he's *not* supposed to have them! That stinks about the dental work!

So I wore jeans yesterday that I haven't been able to wear since James was like 6 months old, before my thyroid went crazy again. Woo hoo! I didn't get to work out this morning because Grace was being a twerp and I just had it and said, fine, we aren't going! It was supposed to be their swimming day with me after my workout so hopefully it will send the message that when you refuse to get ready as asked, you don't get to go! So I'm going to go after nap as soon as the childcare room opens back up, I'm so amazed that I actually *want* to work out! I've always been overweight, sometimes extremely, but always at least some. I've also always hated exercise, so this is really amazing. Seeing results is really motivating, I'm feeling stronger and more toned even though I still have a lot of weight to lose. I'm seeing that it's possible and that it will take time to do it right because I'm changing my life, not dieting! It sounds stupid, but it's like a light finally went off in me. Spark People has been so helpful with that, I highly recommend it! And, it's free!

#28 of 86 Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

I hope everyone is feeling and doing well today. My new computer has arrived; I'm in the process of installing and personalizing things. After I get iTunes installed, it will be time to restart and test the media player. I'm feeling good about it right now, but I don't want to jinx things. I may find a way to put a red ribbon on it, just to avert the ayin hara. I'm afraid my experience with the Inspiron 1525 has left me feeling somewhat superstitious about computers. On the up side... this machine has a built-in webcam! That means I'll be able to Skype with my ex-SIL from time to time and see my niece! The kids will be able to talk to her, they'll *love* that. I am soooo looking forward to trying it out.

In interesting news, while I'm definitely a 10P right now, I found out that I weigh (get this) 205! That would make perfect sense if I was pushing 6'0", but I'm 5'1" in Skechers. I'm a freaking tank! I think that even if every ounce of body fat disappeared from my frame, I would still be a solid size 6. There really is something to be said for having big bones and a very muscular build.

#29 of 86 Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 PM

Rynna, are you *sure* that the scale was right?!? That seems very unusual to have that height and weight and still be a 10! I'm 5'9" and the smallest I've been as an adult was a 12/14 and I was about 190 at the time!

#30 of 86 Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

It was in a doctor's office and consistent with other scales I've encountered. Hilarious, right? I'm a total freak of nature. I'm proof positive that things like BMI charts are not applicable to everyone. My size-weight ratio still puts me in the range of the morbidly obese, last I checked; I'd need a full-on battery of tests to achieve an accurate measurement of my body fat. It's why I don't really trust the charts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page