Mothering Forum banner

PL issues - need advice

404 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hergrace 
#1 ·
DS3 is showing 2 issues with his PLing that I am not sure how to address. Ideas would be appreciated.

1) When he produces on the potty, he is satisfied by producing anything and won't wait until he is done. I can sometimes talk him into sitting for longer, but not often.

2) He really doesn't care if his pants are wet. He has been doing #2 in the potty for months and really gets upset if he has an accident, but just wet doesn't bother him at all.

TIA

#2 ·
I have found my dd does best with something to occupy her on the potty. If I just help her on the potty she'll sometimes pee then get right up. If I give her a book she likes to look at or my iPhone opened on an app that reads a story about Elmo
then she stays long enough to poop if she needs to.

#3 ·
When I can get him to sit, it is because I can find something that attracts his attention. Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding things that are more interesting than tearing round the house with his siblings (who are usually requiring my attention, so I can't stay with him while he sits).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.