help DD gain weight?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Daughter has a growing problem. They're not sure what's wrong as they've done all the tests and everything has come back normal, but my DD has not gained weight in 2 years (She's 3!).

She's a SUPER picky eater, and right now all she wants to eat is junk food. I'm conflicted because I don't want to deny her something she will eat, but it's junk food, ya know? I'm at my wit's end.

Any ideas? how can I get her to eat more?

aknit.gif trekkie.gif mama to DS reading.gif and DD energy.gif autismribbon.gif  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you make your own healthier versions of junk food - like homemade nuggets? Mac and Cheese (use ww pasta and cream in the sauce to bump up the cals)? Can you find some fruits she really likes? What if she helped you make some guacamole?

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Does she eat popsicles? I make homemade ones for mine that are coconut milk, cashew butter, soaked chia seeds and agave nectar (you could use maple or honey, as well). Hell, you could throw in whatever you don't think she'd notice. I just blend to texture and toss it in the molds. Definitely high-calorie, high-fat, high-protein, pure nutrition! On a good day my pickypants will eat two or three of these, and considering I put half a jar of cashew butter into, say, 8 or 9 popsicles, it adds up!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 PM

Have been there, done that.

Having a very, very picky eater is DIFFICULT!!! Having a child with a small appetite is DIFFICULT!!!

Getting her outside to play might stimulate her appetite some. Fresh air, excercise and all that.

You can try serving some of the things she likes and also a new, healthier food along with her familiar favorites.

What will she eat? Are there ways to hide extra nutritious calories in her favorite foods?

Feel free to PM me.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

User Tag List