February 09 mamas - they're not babies anymore! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great pictures, everyone! I'll do one of Tucker...sometime. I keep putting off uploading photos from my camera cause there are just too many.

VP--I hope Makenna is doing better soon. I hate trips to the ER, they are pretty scary. Tucker cut his gums a few months ago and we had to go, but of course by the time they could see us (they had 3 people waiting and it still took them 2 hrs!) it had healed up (which was good, imo).

Gillian--my ds1 chipped his tooth when he was 1 on a bicycle bell. You can go to the dentist and ask, but I wouldn't waste a trip--they told me not to worry about it, since baby teeth fall out anyway. I hope his hand is feeling better.

Jen--Tucker has separation anxiety too... I am bad--I nurse him before I go, then distract him with a toy, and then leave when he's not looking. This works well for us, he usually is fine until he sees me again--then he cries. I also used to work in a daycare, altho it was at a ski resort. Usually they were ok after 20min.

Mal--play some soothing music, hopefully she will fall asleep for half the trip!

We are getting excited about our trip to Vermont in three weeks. I am not looking forward to the plane, however...I did the trip when ds1 was Tucker's age and it was pretty bad. I've only flown with two when DP has been with me, so this should be interesting. Luckily we're leaving at about one in the morning, so hopefully they will both sleep for most of the trip! Then I'll be the only one with jet lag--I hope! We are flying to Seattle first, then on to Boston.

Tucker is not talking yet, he just babbles baby-speak like "dadada" and "lalala". His favorite activity is unplugging cords and putting dirt in his mouth. He also loves to go down the slide face first at the park.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 PM

I hope both Makenna and Royce are feeling better. That elevator story was pretty scary. And why do the babes choose times when DH i away to be sick?

I vote for lots of stops with chances to run and climb for those car trips. If they are sleeping, don't stop! Hold your bladder till the next rest stop! Have fun!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#363 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Hello everyone I was in the DDC when they were babies (and when we were pregnant) but you all are so active I lost track when they became toddlers! But Starling found me over in breastfeeding beyond infancy and told me to come back so here I am. Aleric nurses ALL THE TIME, when we are at home not so much but I take him to work with me and all he does is nurse for a few minutes, go play for 5-10, comes back and tantrums if I don't nurse again and he does this all day long at work, its driving me crazy.
Aleric still doesn't talk, he says mama and has a word for didget (our cat, but all cats are named didget if you ask him) and a word for dog and he calls DH "duh", he does try to talk though just none of it makes sense.
He is sleeping from about 9 pm until a very short nurse session at midnight and then not another one til 5 am, that's down from 12 wakings a night for the last year.
Gardening, who does it with their children? We were planting things this weekend and every time I got a plant in the ground he would try to kill them in any way possible. We tried distracting him, playing with his garden tools away from the new plants and he just kept running back over to kill the veggies.
I remember someone mentioning time away from their little one, I am starting to feel like I really need time away from him it makes me sad to say but I have only been away from him for about 8 hours his entire life and I need a break. We don't trust anyone to watch him though so starting on Saturday my DH is going to take him for a few hours while I go and learn about horses from a neighbor. I am sad to leave him even for a few hours but im sure he will be fine and I really think the break will be good for us. Ok this post is long enough, now I just hope I can keep up with all of you guys!
#364 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Just had to post something funny Makenna did today and yesterday. The antibiotic she is on is giving her diarrhea. Twice she has had loud farts while pooping...after which she says "daddy" over and over and even did the sign for dad to be clear. LOL! DH does fart a lot and I guess it made her think of him!! :-)

Welcome back Pogo!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#365 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Just had to post something funny Makenna did today and yesterday. The antibiotic she is on is giving her diarrhea. Twice she has had loud farts while pooping...after which she says "daddy" over and over and even did the sign for dad to be clear. LOL! DH does fart a lot and I guess it made her think of him!! :-)
Cindy

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#366 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 PM

I hope Royce and Makenna are healing and feeling better.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Dd hates baths. This only started in the last month since we got back from our trip. She starts crying really hard as soon as I run the water. Then screaming when she's put in the tub and then she stands up and tries to climb out. I've tried getting in with her, new toys, bathing her with her brother, alone etc. I've tried just washing her with a cloth but it doesn't really work. The other day her hair really needed a wash so I sat her on a towel and used a facecloth but it was a wet and soapy experience and not the most effective.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#367 of 2966 Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo0685 View Post
I remember someone mentioning time away from their little one, I am starting to feel like I really need time away from him it makes me sad to say but I have only been away from him for about 8 hours his entire life and I need a break. We don't trust anyone to watch him though so starting on Saturday my DH is going to take him for a few hours while I go and learn about horses from a neighbor. I am sad to leave him even for a few hours but im sure he will be fine and I really think the break will be good for us. Ok this post is long enough, now I just hope I can keep up with all of you guys!
I need time away from Owyn every now and then. Usually just a couple of hours, but sometimes I feel like I just need a day away. DH and I were just discussing whether or not we felt like we could do an overnight away from her. We're planning to get pregnant again in the next few months and would like to have a night to ourselves before that happens. She's sleeping through the night now and is very bonded with DH's parents, so I think she'd be fine. I'm not sure if I can do it though.

I talked to a girl recently who had a great idea. She has two boys and every Saturday her husband plays primary parent with the kids. She doesn't have to leave them, but she can just play with them and enjoy them while he is responsible for diapers, feeding, etc. We've done something like this a few times and it's a really nice break too.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#368 of 2966 Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Hello everyone!! I hope all my fellow Canadians had a wonderful long weekend. We had gorgeous weather here and I spent time at my friend's cottage. The mosquitos were pretty bad though, unfortnately!

And I hope all you Americans have a nice long weekend next weekend

Nilla - There was an article in mothering not too long ago about a little girl who wouldn't take a bath (I think she was 2). In the article it was just a phase she went through. But the solution ended up being to use a kiddie pool bubble bath. Maybe that's an option for you?

Cindy - omg that is hilarious!! It would be so funny if she let one rip out in public and then said 'daddy', everyone would think he did it!

Pogo - I would love to be able to garden, unfortunately we are in an apartment right now. Maybe next year!

And as for time away, I don't really get that very often, but when I do I enjoy it (although the most I've had is 5-6 hours). It's frustrating though because Royce will only go to sleep for me. Last Friday my dad came over to babysit and I went out, I told him to text me if I needed to come home, I finally came home at 11:30pm (no texts) and when I got there Royce was sooo upset. He was crying and so overtired. My dad said he had just started crying only 10 minutes before, and I believe him, but I still expected him to have fallen asleep at that point - not still be awake at 11:30pm!!! I think next time I need to leave the carseat so that he can drive him to sleep, that should work!

As for car trips - you just have to keep driving as long as they are asleep, if you have to pee you HOLD it until they wake up. Trust me! And when they do finally wake up, you take a long break (not just a pee break). It helps to if there is someone who can sit with them to entertain them. The car is a great place for battery operated toys

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#369 of 2966 Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about the mishaps and illnesses!

We just got back from a long weekend of boat camping. 8 adults, 2 dogs, 2 little ones (a 1 year old, and Katmai), and it was so much fun! Lots of hanging out by campfires on the beach, hiking, etc... Katmai had a great time throwing rocks, and using a spoon to fill cups with sand and gravel. It wasn't too hard to teach him to stay away from the fire, throw rocks away from people, and only eat the plants we said were food. I'm lucky he's a relatively good listener. It's too early for bug season here, so we didn't have to worry about that.

Nilla - Katmai hates baths too. We just don't bathe him often. I do find that letting him stand outside the bath for awhile, playing in the water, sometimes gets him used to it enough that he'll go in with less fuss.

Gardening - Katmai seems OK if I give him a task to do with me (I'll hand him rocks to throw out of the garden, or give him a small watering can, etc...) I did make the mistake once of telling him the lettuce was "plants for eating" and he immediately started pulling them up and eating them.

Car trips - we did a long book tour with a ton of driving a couple months ago. I sat in the back seat as full-time entertainer, with lots of books. Worked OK.

I get less time away from Katmai than I used to, because he's still in a super clingy, cry if mama walks 10 feet away phase. I hear from his daddy that half the time he's still asking for mama long after I leave. It's gotten to where he cries if I suggest he even plays with his dad, because he's worried he'll get taken away from me. That seems no good, so I've been minimizing those times lately.
#370 of 2966 Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
We've been lucky that Owyn hasn't had a whole lot of separation anxiety. But when I worked at daycares, I definitely dealt with it a lot. We always told the parents the best thing to do was to kiss, hug, snuggle for a moment. Make sure to tell them goodbye and you love them. She'll probably continue to cry for you, but just reassure her and try not to prolong it. The longer you stay to comfort her, the worse it will be. Have you talked to her provider to see how long she cries after you leave? She's probably fine within a couple minutes, most kids are.

I have our exersaucer out from when I watched my 5 month old nephew last week. Owyn has figured out how to climb into it and it's now her "new" favorite toy, hilarious to watch!

They have 4 providers between the 2 rooms that are connected, I'm not crazy about the one in the morning so I don't really know how to talk to her. Maybe I'll try to talk to the one that is there in the afternoon and see if she knows.

Jen single mama to Nicole (1.4.09)

#371 of 2966 Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM

We got our new chicks! Fiona loves them! I've been teaching her to pet them with one finger because she wants to hold them and squeeze the poor things to death (literally!) She loves to kiss them. They are in our garage until they get bigger so we have spent a lot of time out there these last two days!

We are having some gorgeous weather here too! I hope it lasts through the weekend. This weekend is Crab Fest here... the carnies are coming to town! There will be a big parade, food booths, etc... I'm looking forward to it.

We've been doing lots of gardening here. Fiona is pretty content to dig in her own little spot. If she is feeling more antsy then I'll give her a pile of grass to feed the chickens (the adults that are already outside in the coop). She likes to drop one piece at a time in which gives me time to get some things planted.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#372 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 AM

Ladies, I am utterly and completely mentally exhausted! Makenna's fever has been gone since Monday evening. But since Tuesday she has been SO whiny, cranky and tantrumy. I assume something is still bothering her. I'm figuring either the antibiotic or her molars that are coming in. Whatever it is, me no likey!! Good thing I get bursts of loving and cuteness in between the whining and crying. Oh and she needs to nurse every 5 minutes. Literally. I hope this is just from something being off, not a new phase! Egads! A lot of it comes from her asking for something repeatedly and me not knowing what the heck she wants...or not wanting to give it to her. That and she is always saying "more" (or "mo" actually). I noticed today that it actually makes me nervous when she does it in a store and starts to get upset. Like I have not yet learned how to say no to my child and be ok with it!

Just needed to vent!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#373 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Cindy - that sounds hard, hope she's back to herself soon!

I just found out today that Katmai will be getting a little sister or brother this December! Kind of crazy. I found out today at a routine annual exam that not only did my IUD mysteriously fall out/disappear without me noticing, but that I'm 11 weeks pregnant! The missed periods didn't phase me because I'm nursing and had a Mirena IUD. But still, you'd think I would have known. In hindsight, I can see I had some symptoms I misinterpreted at the time, but not much.
And here I was half thinking we were just going to keep Katmai an only child. Now that I'm starting to wrap my head around the idea, we're getting excited, but I'm definitely nervous about the "2 under 2" thing.

I will send my misplaced extra conception dust towards those who are actually looking for it now.
#374 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 AM

mckittre - OMG!!!!! I am so excited and happy for you!!! That is wonderful news (even if it is surprising news for you!)

I wanted to share with all of you that my friend had her baby yesterday!! A gorgeous baby girl, 7lb 3oz, born at around 5:30pm yesterday. It was so wonderful to be there for her through her labour and the birth. She did amazing! And her little girl is already nursing like a pro!

#375 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 09:06 AM

Wow, mckittre, how exciting!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations

Congrats to your friend Gillian! Owyn was 7 lbs. 3 oz and so was my friend's baby boy!

We're heading out for our camping trip this morning. I should be packing coolers right now, but oh well. We're supposed to have sunshine and temps in the lower 80's all weekend, just perfect!! See you ladies next week!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#376 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM

McKittre: OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That must have been a huge shock!! From not even thinking it was possible to be pregnant to almost in the 2nd trimester! Wow! Must have been meant to be!! Send some of that good baby making dust my way!

Gillian: Yay for your friend! :-)

Mal: Have a great time. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Well we are starting night weaning tonight! I'm not sure if we'll just go cold turkey or do the jay gordon method of spending the 1st 3 nights nursing a little but not until baby is asleep. I have to think about it through out the day today. Thankfully DD is back to only 1 waking right now. However she did wake early in the night 2 nights ago and I attempted to not nurse and she screamed and screamed so I did. Anyway, hopefully nightweaning will help my period come back!!

Oh exciting news here! Makenna pooped in the potty this morning. She had been resisting sitting on it for a while but I moved it into the bathroom and now she will sit while I go. Yesterday she peed and today she pooped. I think watching a 2 minute video about Elmo going potty on youtube really helped too. She said Elmo before she pooped. LOL.

Cindy

#377 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 01:08 PM

Vegan: I love that your DD is so fart and poop oriented! Not every kid makes these associations!!

Erin: CONGRATULATIONS!! What news! I'm so excited for you guys! That news just perked up my morning!! Just please don't leave us for another DDC, you can date us both can't you?!

I've got a sick girl on my hands. She's had a runny nose and slight cough for about a week and a half but it has made a turn for the worse. Last night was a rough night. DH wants me to have her checked out so I'm taking her in at 10 this morning. It's a Dr we haven't seen and a man so I'm not sure she's going to cooperate much but we'll see. I have a hunch she may have a sinus infection...

#378 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM

We are sick here too. Lots of coughing and snot and low grade fevers. Hugs to those going through the same.

McKittre So happy for you. Makes me twinge for another.

Cindy WOW pottying already. I am still waiting impatiently for the walking to start.

I am actually thinking about taking dd to the child development centre for an evaluation. There's just been a few more things like the absolutely freaking over the bath, hating the feel of grass on her feet, throwing fit over diaper changes and hand and face washes. Makes me worry about sensory issues. I figure it can't hurt to get an evaluation.

#379 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post
I'm 11 weeks pregnant!
Wow! What huge news, Mckittre! Will you guys hunker down and be a family of four in the yurt, or does this make you want some more space?

Here's some happy 2-under-2 dust ...
And some happy and healthy pregnancy dust ...

Remind us, how was your pregnancy with Katmai?

Obviously this pregnancy is going well so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
I wanted to share with all of you that my friend had her baby yesterday!! A gorgeous baby girl, 7lb 3oz, born at around 5:30pm yesterday.
Congratulations to your friend, and a hearty WELCOME TO THE WORLD, little girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Well we are starting night weaning tonight! I'm not sure if we'll just go cold turkey or do the jay gordon method of spending the 1st 3 nights nursing a little but not until baby is asleep.
Good luck, Cindy! Let us know how it goes. I need to get on that. I'll be going to work full time in the near future, and will be away two nights of the block for night shifts. Not looking forward to it.

And as for pooping in the potty ... right on! Esmé did that and then promptly decided she hated the potty and hasn't set her tush on it since. Her bear goes potty, her dolly goes potty, WE have gone potty in her potty. Here's to hoping the strike ends eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
I am actually thinking about taking dd to the child development centre for an evaluation. There's just been a few more things like the absolutely freaking over the bath, hating the feel of grass on her feet, throwing fit over diaper changes and hand and face washes. Makes me worry about sensory issues. I figure it can't hurt to get an evaluation.

Trust your gut, mama. Whatever would put your heart at ease. Either you'll find out that she's on the sensory issues spectrum and will be able to do something about it, or you'll be reassured that she's just a super-sensitive little kid. Keep us posted!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#380 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Back from our appt. It went great. This new Dr. is fantastic with Fiona. Last time we saw someone other then my friend that she knows she freaked out and kept grabbing her coat and saying bye-bye in the saddest voice. This guy had her smiling and laughing. She let him check everything out no problem. And she is pretty healthy for being sick. It's just a nasty bug that is lasting forever. I am glad that I took her and ruled out ear or sinus infection though.

He also looked at her skin issues and gave me some new thoughts on that which was helpful. We'll be going wheat free for a while which I have been putting off trying. Good thing I ran out of time to bake the bread this morning! He was a little concerned about her weight until he plotted it on the WHO chart and I told him about monitoring it over the past several months. She's still just below the 3% but plodding along in her own little way. 17.11 pounds today! I imagine she'll be way over 2 before we turn that car seat around!

#381 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
She's still just below the 3% but plodding along in her own little way. 17.11 pounds today! I imagine she'll be way over 2 before we turn that car seat around!
It's much safer rear facing anyways!
We'll probably keep DD rear facing for as long as possible. Better for the spinal cord in the event of an accident.

Glad to hear that it's just a bug ... healing vibes coming your way!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#382 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 06:38 PM

McKittre: I have been wondering today - how does an IUD fall out of your vagina without one noticing???? Is your dr sure it didn't migrate and get lost somewhere? I've heard of that happening! I saw mine when they took it out - no way in heck that could fall out of me without me knowing!!!

Cindy

#383 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Gillian - congratulations to your friend.

AK - glad Fiona is doing OK. I still don't know how much Katmai weighs, because he refused to get on the scale yesterday. We're guessing around 20.

Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes everyone. I'm getting past the surprise and getting excited about this pregnancy now (though we're still waiting a couple more weeks to tell real life folks). I had a pretty easy pregnancy with Katmai most of the way - obviously this one is very easy so far. I wish I hadn't given away all Katmai's small clothes already! And don't worry, I'll still hang out here with you guys - I won't abandon Katmai for the new babe, and I won't abandon his DDC either.

Starling - I think we'll be fine in the yurt - a little one doesn't take much more space. More importantly, we're building a tiny little washhouse to have access to running water, washing machine, etc... which I think will be much more important.

Cindy - ugh. Don't remind me. They told me it is almost certain that it fell out (how that could happen without me knowing I don't know, but they assured me it sometimes does). However, there is a chance it went sideways and is still in there somewhere. But the only way to check is an abdominal X-ray - which is obviously impossible while pregnant. So I'm just stuck assuming the best until this baby comes.
#384 of 2966 Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 PM

McKittre: Didn't mean to freak you out! Could they do some sort of ultrasound? Anyway, I'm sure it is fine...or you probably wouldn't be growing a babe this far along!

Cindy

#385 of 2966 Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM

mckittre--I guess if it fell out while you were in the um, outhouse? That's my personal nightmare. But, congratulations!

nilla--Tucker has also been hating baths lately. He screams bloody murder and tries to climb out right away! But, his older brother wouldn't take a bath until he was well past 2--hello wet wipe baths. I hope the eval goes well.

Tucker has a fever, poor lil guy. I said a charm over him, what else can a mama do, but I know in my heart it's best to let the fever run its course. He acted like himself all day, happy and smiley, so hopefully it will break tonight. He doesn't qualify for DP's insurance or for Denali kid care, so we're sorta stuck in insurance limbo til his 2nd birthday--I will go to the clinic if it comes to that, but grr grr about the insurance anyway. Sending t&p to all the sick little ones out there!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#386 of 2966 Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM

My little one had a rough night too ... vomitted all over us and her and the bed at midnight and then was burning hot all night. We'll see how she does today.
Healing vibes to all the wee sickies!

#387 of 2966 Old 05-29-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Sending healing wishes to all the sick ones! I got slammed with a cold recently and still have it, but Katmai has luckily mostly escaped it.

Katmai hates baths too. There was a period where he liked them (7-12 months, maybe?), but he's hated them most of his life. I just don't bathe him very often.

alaskaberry - outhouse is a good guess, I think, but who knows?
Cindy - they did an ultrasound of the uterus and didn't find it, but would have to do an x-ray of the rest of my abdomen to see if it's somewhere else.

I'm sure it will be hard, but I'm starting to think about the ways having kids close together could be good. I never played much with my brothers 4 and 13 years younger than me - maybe these two will be closer. And I'll be done with diapers sooner, etc...
#388 of 2966 Old 05-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Well McKittre's baby dust must have worked! I *finally* got AF back!!! It had been 55 days since I had my IUD removed. I have no idea if it was delayed bc of the hormones in the mirena or bc of nursing. I had been thinking nursing. Either way, hopefully this means we can start TTC!

Hope all the sickies are better soon!!! Hugs!

Cindy

#389 of 2966 Old 05-30-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Cindy! Hope you have a little one coming your way soon!
#390 of 2966 Old 05-31-2010, 12:37 PM

I hope all the sick little ones are feeling better! Poor babies

AK - Royce is almost 24lb and still rearfacing, I'll keep him that way until he outweighs the carseat limit.

I have to vent to all of you about my sandal shopping for Royce. I am trying to find him specific sandals (Starling - I'm actually looking for the ones that I think Esme was wearing in one of the photos you posted). He has the shoe version and I love them, so now I want the sandal version for the summer. Anyway, so I can't find them anywhere, but I went to a speciality chain kids shoe store on the weekend to see. Now, they do sell them, but only had them up to a size 4. When I asked the lady about bigger sizes she said to me 'they don't make them bigger than that because those shoes are meant for prewalkers only, he shouldn't be wearing those shoes because they are unsupportive, he needs something with more support' (and it was in a totally condescending tone, btw). So, immediately I felt defensive, and po'd because she had lied to me - the shoes go up to a size 6 and in fact the ones Royce has are a 4.5. So I called her on that, and told her that I had done tons of research online and have read so many things saying that bare feet is best, but next to that you want something super flexible. Well, she proceeded to tell me that she's been in the business for 25 years blah blah blah, and that I'm wrong and she's right and I'm ruining his feet by allowing him to wear a flexible shoe. I tried again to argue with her (I don't know why), and finally I just grabbed Royce and said I'm leaving this is ridiculous. This is a store that SELLS the shoes he was wearing and the sandals I was looking for, and these shoes have a rubber/waterproof sole - why would they be for a prewalker???? GRRRRRRR, anyway, it really annoyed me. And I still haven't found sandals for him

Okay, vent over...

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page