February 09 mamas - they're not babies anymore! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 2966 Old 06-20-2010, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stopped taking Fiona to church too. All I do is chase her around the back. I'm not exactly getting anything from the service. There is no playroom/cryroom or even a nursery. Someday we'll go back but for now its too hard. DH doesn't go anyway so I'd rather spend the day as a family day. I'm sure God understands!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#482 of 2966 Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 PM

I haven't offered milk at all. Royce still breastfeeds pretty often. He gets water as well. And I often drink watered down OJ so sometimes he has that as well.

We aren't church goers here. Although one time I attempted to take him to a UU service and it didn't go well. We left about 20 minutes into it because he got restless.

Royce has been quite clingy lately. I can barely leave the room without him having a meltdown I think it started when I was assisting at my friends birth. I had to leave him with my dad the whole time. I did go over to nurse him a few times and to get some sleep, but I think the experience was a little much for him.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#483 of 2966 Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 AM

Not much time here but just wanted to add that Delia nurses all day long but only for a couple minutes and then she's too busy. She was getting dehydrated and will not drink water. So I give her almond milk. I am against soy for many reasons and she has a dairy intolerance so she can't have cow's milk.
Cindy if she has a wheat intolerance a dairy intolerance often goes hand in hand. Sometimes yogurt and cheese are ok but milk is a total no go. Coconut milk, almond milk or hemp milk are what I would choose from as nutritious dairy alternatives.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#484 of 2966 Old 06-21-2010, 12:25 AM

Nillarilla: it was actually me that was asking about the milk thing. But I'm thinking that almond milk sounds good. Can you tell me more about your aversions to soy? I don't know a lot about it.

I posted in allergies about this but I'm feeling way overwhelmed by allergies/intolerances. What I do know is that by taking wheat/gluten out of her diet her rash has improved dramatically. Its not 100% gone so I'm going to make sure that I am also 100% gluten free as well because I wasn't being as careful with myself. If in 2 weeks we still have some symptoms I think I'll try nixing dairy on top of this. We went dairy free for several weeks before but didn't see much change. She used to get constipated with dairy but now does fine with some cheese and yogurt or kefir. Still haven't given her straight milk though. I do wonder if this gluten things is something she'll outgrow or if its celiacs and something she'll have for life. I'll have to ask about if/when testing is appropriate. Her low weight is always something I think about. Ok, thanks for letting me get some of that out...

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#485 of 2966 Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM

As of today, I am officially cutting down the nursing! It's been pretty out of hand. For instance: asking and nursing 4 times at an hour long la leche meeting. We managed to restart night weaning last night (thanks to DH!). And today I'm putting her on a schedule. She can nurse at waking (or 5 am until we get out of bed - however long that is), mid morning, before nap, after nap, once in the afternoon and before bed. That is still plenty. I just really need to reduce the constant asking for my sanity and bc I am starting to get embarassed by having a toddler who meltsdown in public if she can't nurse. And my cycle is still totally off. Not yet ovulating - and I doubt I will start until she nurses less. Wish us well mommas!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#486 of 2966 Old 06-21-2010, 05:04 PM

AK, how about goat products instead of cow? I switched Aubs to goat milk for day times when I stopped pumping at 12 months. I think kellymom has a comparison of the relative nutritional values of the different milks, but for us, goat was a good first step. Here's what I'm thinking. She's been drinking cow milk during the day for about a month now. We make an effort to buy raw/organic if possible, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Cindy, I'm with you. I love nursing but sometimes I think our (Aubrey's and mine) relationship would be better if we weaned. Right now she asks to nurse all the time (well sign-asks) and I try to limit it to bed time, twice during the night, and wake up time. But that's hard for her to understand, so I'd almost rather it just be bed time. It's sad. I've also got fertility in mind--I started regular BCP and got a period, but then it didn't stop for 4 weeks so I quit the BCP, and now I'm back to no period. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know that it's a good time to be TTC--Huz wouldn't be on board yet, with Aub's issues--but it would be good to know things are back to normal.

Nilla, water is not popular here, either. I try to get her to drink it out of my glass, or put a little juice in her cup to make it more interesting on really hot days. And of course she does drink the bath water. :Puke

mamamillet, okay to vent! That's what we do. I know my brother is my exact opposite, and people had trouble believing we were related much less siblings growing up. Good thing Willa and Aubs don't get together IRL--sounds like they would terrorize the neighborhood!

Thursday, yay for your doula cert packet! Very exciting. I agree its sucky of your Huz not to agree to the V. Maybe he just needs more time to think about it. At some point, it just makes so much sense.... I'm fully expecting Huz to put up a fight when we get to that point. Men. Maybe a vague suggestion about an exacto knife while he's sleeping would motivate him? Just kidding....

K, that's enough for now. Back to work.

#487 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Nillarilla: it was actually me that was asking about the milk thing. But I'm thinking that almond milk sounds good. Can you tell me more about your aversions to soy? I don't know a lot about it.

I posted in allergies about this but I'm feeling way overwhelmed by allergies/intolerances. What I do know is that by taking wheat/gluten out of her diet her rash has improved dramatically. Its not 100% gone so I'm going to make sure that I am also 100% gluten free as well because I wasn't being as careful with myself. If in 2 weeks we still have some symptoms I think I'll try nixing dairy on top of this. We went dairy free for several weeks before but didn't see much change. She used to get constipated with dairy but now does fine with some cheese and yogurt or kefir. Still haven't given her straight milk though. I do wonder if this gluten things is something she'll outgrow or if its celiacs and something she'll have for life. I'll have to ask about if/when testing is appropriate. Her low weight is always something I think about. Ok, thanks for letting me get some of that out...
oops sorry Sue I'm sure I've done that once before in this thread . Well my aversions to soy started with my son's allergy to it. But through that I learned that almost all of the world's soybeans are genetically modified and basically made indigestible. It's the same reason a lot of people suspect wheat intolerance is on the rise. However soy and what it does to the body's hormones is not good for little growing bodies IMO. There are more nutritious alternatives. I did not choose goat's milk because my dd reacted to goat's cheese and I learned that the large protiens in goats milk can be hard to digest if you have a dairy intolerance. You can PM me if you like I'm happy to share my learning from this last year of allergy issues with both my kids. I have a lot of sites with great recipes. Are her symptoms with the gluten GI related? Or is it just a really bad rash? As for testing all the testing is not reliable under 2 and you can't be gluten free to get it done. You must have ingested gluten or it will come back with a false negative. It takes a long time to heal the gut after the damage done by gluten when one is sensitive so it may be that she just needs more time gluten free. Also increasing her omega 3 intake will probably improve the rash further.

On another note we have 2 canine teeth through and 2 more to go. I can see the light at the end of the teething tunnel.

Thursday congrats on your doula package.

I want to wean too . It's not a fertility thing for me. It's just that I'm done. It's uncomfortable with all her teeth and she is constantly twiddling or flipping around and she wants to pop on and off repeatedly. I would be ok if it was relaxing and was a couple times a day but it's not like that. She hisses and spits and smacks if I say no. If I say yes she's on for like 2 seconds and off again . I have however made the commitment to make it to 18 months so I will stick it out. I know she may need it to get through these last few teeth and the developmental milestone of walking. Someone please send me some patience.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#488 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We've night weaned over the last couple of weeks, which is wonderful. The quality of my sleep has greatly improved, even if she wakes a couple of times and needs a cuddle back down. How did I do it?

I put on a shirt! Jeez, if someone had told me before that that would be all it would take, I would've donned a T ages ago!

I think it helps that Esmé loves her sleep. She usually sleeps from 10pm through to 9am, so I think she didn't want to lose any of it to extra fussing.

The DOWNSIDE is that she is CONSTANTLY NURSING DURING THE DAY AND SHOVING HER HAND DOWN AND UP MY SHIRT AND TWIDDLING MY BOOBS AND DEMANDING NUM-NUMS at the top of her lungs at every opportunity. I am getting pretty frustrated with it. I don't want to wean her, but I would like some etiquette.

Good luck with all the sleeping/weaning/ttc projects everyone! Not much time to say hello to everyone individually, but am thinking of you all.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#489 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 02:44 AM

Oh, and please note ... I'm sure the nightweaning will go directly out the window when she starts teething in earnest. She still has only TWO chompers, the front ones on the top.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#490 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

I have signed up and paid for the doula course, paid for the doula certification packet and my membership to DONA. I can not wait to get my packet and get started. I am making it happen and on my way to becoming a midwife and it's so freaking exciting I can hardly believe it.
Just popping in from lurking status- Thursday, I decided to become a DONA birth doula only 3 months ago and I'm already attending births! My first mom is due tomorrow, and I have two more due this month! I've been having to turn people down due to overbooking (I'm working for cheap). It's been amazing and it was the birth of my DD last February that started me on this path. I can't decide what kind of midwife I want to be, since all but CNM is illegal in MD, so I haven't considered midwifery school yet. I kick myself for not thinking of this sooner!
#491 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Nilla: Thanks for that response. I'm going to PM you with more ?'s when I have time to pull my thoughts together... nap time hopefully!

Starling: Way to go on the night weaning. Esmé is such a mellow girl. I don't think Fiona will give up the night boob with such grace and ease. I haven't tried yet... I'm afraid to actually be awake in the night rather then slip her a boob. She used to nurse for long stretches in the night and now its less then a few minutes and she rolls over so I think that is great progress.

Fiona is on a similar 10-8:30 or 9 schedule. Now that I don't have to wake up for kids I'm loving the sleeping in. It's like the summers of my youth!

I've been giving a lot of thought as to when to start clomid. I'm really not ready to change or stop my nursing relationship with Fiona and think that we are going to wait for a while before trying again. We originally thought that this Fall we would start the clomid/IUI process again but now I'm not sure. Ugh, can I say out loud how much I hate infertility!! Why can't we just get pregnant the old fashioned way? I thought that after having Fiona that dealing with infertility wouldn't sting so much but it truly is heart breaking and frustrating and I hate it. There, got that out. We don't use birth control because it seems rather pointless so maybe a miracle can still occur.

#492 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 PM

Sue: I'll be hoping for a miracle for you. :-) BTW, I am on the nursing mamas trying to conceive thread and a number of moms on there are nursing and take clomid...so perhaps you should ask them for their experience?

Starling: Yay - I'm so glad night weaning went so smoothly for you guy! And yay for good sleep!

Re-night weaning has been tough around here the past 2 nights. But I am glad we are doing it and hoping it won't take as many nights as the first time for her to start sleeping well again. On a positive note, the scheduled nursing has been going well so far! No big meltdowns...much to my surprise!

I recently got some new photos printed and finally put pictures of my family into a baby photo album for Makenna. Mostly they are of my mom. She has been taking it to bed with her and going to sleep with it under her arm! She loves loves loves my mom so much! So last night a miracle occured - she woke up crying and I went in and gave her my mom's picture and told her to lay back down and she did, with it under her arm. And she went to sleep. No fuss. Nothing like that has EVER occured in this house! LOL!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#493 of 2966 Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM

This is actually shaping up to be a pretty good week. Owyn is still dripping from the nose quite a bit and coughing, but she is HAPPY! She hasn't been whining or throwing any tantrums in the last couple of days. I was seriously starting to lose my mind thinking What in the world happened to my sweet little girl?! All of her molars are finally in, so I attribute the attitude change to that.

Either that or the Sinupret my sister recommended for her clogged up sinuses. I have been giving her just a tiny bit of it yesterday and today. It seems to be making a huge difference. Her stuffiness went from totally clogged up to dripping like crazy and her coughing is actually accomplishing something, breaking it all up in her chest. Huge improvement!

I will say we're really lucky, even when she is sick and feeling crappy. She did wake up most nights in the last week, but just long enough to get some snuggles and went right back down.

I was just house hunting online. Something I'm still nudging DH towards. I found the perfect house for us in town and in our price range! It has DH's detached garage he could do woodworking in and TWO seperate decks, one covered (I'd want to screen that in personally) and one uncovered. And a huge backyard to boot! It has a big finished, walk out basement I could make into a playroom. It's just perfect. I'm going to show it to DH when he gets home. Not that it'll make a difference, but I keep on trying!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#494 of 2966 Old 06-23-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
I put on a shirt! Jeez, if someone had told me before that that would be all it would take, I would've donned a T ages ago!
Maybe I'll start there. Or maybe a turtle neck, even though its 95 degrees every day here. I know it's not the popular way of thinking, but I can see being done nursing at 18 months. Nilla, i've got the same issues with the movement, pinching--sometimes I don't want to get in bed at night because I know it's going to begin. And I don't want to feel that way. And it will be nice to be able to snuggle without being manhandled. I dunno, I'm torn. 18 months sounds like a good goal right now.

ETA: forgot the most important thing! Aubs pooped in the potty last night. I'm not sure it was intentional, but hey, I'll take it. She "concentrated," I plopped her on the potty, and viola, POOP. OMG it was chaos, trying to keep her from grabbing the poop, trying to be positive (but not overreact), Huz running for some TP, me debating trying to get the camera, trying to keep her hands and shirt off her bum. Wow.

#495 of 2966 Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Nightweaning definitely won't be as easy as putting on a shirt here. I already wear a shirt all night, and put my boob away after he's done, and he still wakes. Although, I'm not trying to do anything else to get him back to sleep. When he stirs, I pull out a boob, it's easiest. I will probably start putting some effort into the process soon.

Sometimes I think about the 'pros' of weaning completely, but I think the cons still outweight the pros at this point. I do sometimes say no though, or try and distract him from wanting to nurse. Most of his nursing is to go to sleep (nap/bedtime) and through the night.

Mal - I hope you were able to convince your dh about the house, sounds exciting! And I can't believe Owyn has ALL of her molars!

and Starling - I can't believe Esme only has TWO teeth! Hopefully her nightweanedness (I doubt that's a word) will keep up during her teething

Cindy - I love the photo book idea! I should do something like that for Royce, I think he would love it!

Here's some baby dust for all you ttc-ers!

#496 of 2966 Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Yeah Aubrey for pooping on the toilet! I'm laughing thinking about that chaotic/exciting scene JustKate!

Mal: Glad that Owyn is feeling better. And cool about the house! Good luck!

Teething, well we may be working on the last set of molars here. Yes, the two year molars! WTH? Fiona has 16 teeth already but has been acting a bit teethy (is that a word?!) lately and chewing on her fingers a lot. Maybe its just my imagination and I'm feeling burnt out since DH has been gone so long but she got all of her other teeth early so I think its possible. The good thing is at least they would all be in and we could move on to other challenges! Sometimes shes teething for a long time before any tooth actually comes through though. We'll see!

I met up with a couple of moms that I met online through diaper swappers this morning. It was alright but I didn't really feel like I particularly clicked with them. Why can't you guys all live here instead?!

#497 of 2966 Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post

Mal - I hope you were able to convince your dh about the house, sounds exciting! And I can't believe Owyn has ALL of her molars!
Well, just her one year molars, so 4 of them. Now we're just waiting on her canines to come in and we'll be done with teething until she gets her 2 year molars in. Teething sucks.

And, Owyn is feeling better but my daycare girl caught her bug. She was gone Monday and has been back ever since. No fever, but she obviously still doesn't feel good. Poor girl. And her mom is away on business this week and her dad can't take anymore time off, so I'm doing my best to make her comfortable here until she's feeling better.

I did talk to DH about the house. He's still not sold on buying one, but he is willing to compromise. He would like to take a look at empty lots around town and build a slab home, putting the dome house on hold a little longer. I can totally go with something like this. We sat down together and came up with a plan for the type of house we would need and actually agreed on almost everything! If we set it up right, we could keep the house after we build our dome and I could use it strictly for daycare. So, progress has been made! We took a drive around town tonight looking at empty lots and he's actually pretty excited about it!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#498 of 2966 Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 AM

mal, that is exciting that a plan is in place!

sue- i'm hoping for a miracle as well.

gillian- i am thinking i want to wean around 18 months, and i will if she is accepting of it.

kate- that's super exiting, i totally took pics of my first 2 daughters first poops.

bedheadmaestro- that is awesome. i so need to be out there attending births. i had thought of it earlier but i wasn"t quite ready yet.

starling- good luck w/ the etiqutte lessons. it can totally be done but it takes CONSISTANCY, one absentminded slip up and you just took two steps backwords.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#499 of 2966 Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM

re twiddling: annoying, isn't it? I gave ds1 a teddy bear when I got sick of it. He stopped trying to twiddle, he just made the bear nurse. I know they do it to stimulate let-down, but omg it's annoying! Little T has been trying to do it too and I just push his hand away and say No.

We're visiting my folks in VT right now and Tuck wants to do *everything* his big brother does and then some. Ds1 told me I had to get a mini-potty for Tucker so he wouldn't have to use his diaper anymore, lol. And he's talking more! He says Baa-Baa for "bye" and he just really understands everything I say. He's even eating with a spoon and a fork, which constantly amazes me since ds1 still hasn't quite mastered the trick of the spoon. He refuses to use a sippy cup, or sit in a high chair (wants the 'big boy'/grown-up chair), climbs all over everything, tries to stand up constantly in the stroller, and says "allo, allo" into the phone (he steals my cell constantly). Plus we went to the rec the other day (it's a pond with a "beach") and he just took to the water like a duck, it was great!

Hope you are all having a fantastic week, personals later!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#500 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 02:32 AM

Esmé is starting to link words together! I love it!
She's been doing it for a while now, but her repertoire is increasing fast these days.

Sample conversation (on the subject of nightweaning, actually):
ME: Okay, sparkle, num-nums are going night-night. Want to say goodnight?
HER: (Pats one) Night-night num-num. (Pats the other) Night-night ovver one.
ME: Goodnight, Esmé. Goodnight, Bear.
HER: Night-night, mama. Night-night, Bear. Night-night num-nums. (Pulls her pajama top and looks down) Mé-mé num-nums? Nope. Mama num-nums night-night. No Mé-mé num-nums. No Baba num-nums. All gone. Okay? Bye-bye, num-nums.

As you can see, very attached to her blessed num-nums. But how cool to have a conversation!

#501 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 AM

Thanks for the support ladies!

Starling: I love it! Such a little talker! Girl loves her num nums!

We get some sentences here too but not so much the conversation like you had! Lots of more peas mama, up peas mama, papa bye bye boat. She also loves to yell stuck. Like if she can't reach something, really is stuck from some place she climbed, or like today when she wanted down while I was holding her. We were picking up tacos at a roadside taco stand. Lots of cars around, etc so I wouldn't let her down like she wanted. She kept yelling Stuck Mama down! Stuck Mama!

Tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary! DH is still gone but we'll do something to celebrate when he gets home. Not sure what though since we still don't leave Fiona with a sitter (am I alone in this?!). If we had family here I would leave her with them but we don't... anyway I wish we could spend the day together but we'll pick out something fun to do when he returns. maybe a family picnic!

Fiona has these two weird bump/pox like things on her back. Is it possible to get only two chicken pox? And no fever? She is a bit cranky today... but it may be some kind of bug bite too. They are raised, formed an almost watery pimple like thing then crusted over a bit. Hmm....

#502 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 AM

Sue, today is our 5 year anniversary too, how funny! We're not doing much to celebrate either. We're waiting until next weekend when we go camping just outside of town. DH's parents are going to keep owyn overnight. That we'll be the first time she has an overnight away from us. I'm glad we'll be close by so if she needs us we can be there in no time.

If we didn't have family close by we wouldn't be leaving owyn with a baby sitter either. My 12 year old niece keeps asking to watch her. She is great with her, but 12 seems so young to me even though I know I was baby sitting at that age.

#503 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM

Love the conversations! Makenna says a ton and repeats everything but not a whole lot of sentences yet. Just the occasional two-three word phrase.

Happy 5th anniversary Mal and Sue!

OMG - I think I may have thrush on one side!! It hurts!! I'm sort of freaking out. Makenna took antibiotics a few weeks ago so I'm guessing that was the cause? Anyone have any experience with this?

We're heading down to San Diego to visit my family today. Makenna has a doozy of a cold/cough. I hope she's ok on the flight. Thankfully it's only an hour. And I hope she's not a cranky pants the entire time. Poor little one. She's had a string of illnesses lately!

Cindy

#504 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM

I had a tea leaf reading done today (for the first time) and thought it was pretty cool so I thought I'd share here. She said that there was a lot of stress with my partner (that's an understatement) and that there was a lot of lying and excuses being told. She told me that I would probably be doing 2 different jobs in the near future, probably from home (which is really cool, because a couple days ago I had talked to my friend about 2 ideas I had that I could do from home and do both of them together). She said that I would be pregnant in the next year (yikes! I sort of hope not) and that I would have a new relationship (well, obviously, otherwise it would be an immaculate conception ). She said I was likely to only have baby boys, which is okay with me (well, I would enjoy having a daughter some day). And she said my life would be settled by next April. I sure hope so!

I have never had a psychic reading before and it was pretty cool. I want to go and get another one and see if it's the same!

#505 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Gillian, that is neat about the psychic. I've never done it because it scares me, but I guess it would be okay if they promised only to tell me good things.

AK & Mal, 5 years must be the magic number. Our 5 year anniversary is in a couple of months....

AK, weird thing is, we might NOT click in person, you never know. Because I am definitely uncool. Undeniably uncool, dangerous-fun-ruining mama! And I love it that way.

Time to leave work! Hooray for the weekend!

kate

#506 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
I had a tea leaf reading done today (for the first time) and thought it was pretty cool so I thought I'd share here. She said that there was a lot of stress with my partner (that's an understatement) and that there was a lot of lying and excuses being told. She told me that I would probably be doing 2 different jobs in the near future, probably from home (which is really cool, because a couple days ago I had talked to my friend about 2 ideas I had that I could do from home and do both of them together). She said that I would be pregnant in the next year (yikes! I sort of hope not) and that I would have a new relationship (well, obviously, otherwise it would be an immaculate conception ). She said I was likely to only have baby boys, which is okay with me (well, I would enjoy having a daughter some day). And she said my life would be settled by next April. I sure hope so!

I have never had a psychic reading before and it was pretty cool. I want to go and get another one and see if it's the same!
That's so neat Gillian! I've always wanted to do something like that. My sister went to a reading one time and she told her she would meet a doctor at her job (my sister used to be a nurse) and they would likely marry and have children. About a year later, she met her now-husband at work. He was a milk truck driver, but had a blue uniform much like a doctor's! She was also told that she had lost a baby boy (quite possible, my sister lost a twin when she was pregnant with my nephew) and that the surviving twin would have the intelligence of both boys. And he is a pretty darn smart little boy!

#507 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 08:01 PM

Gillian that is cool. I think it would be fun to have a tea leaf reading done!

JustKate: I'm sure that I'd like your uncoolness just fine! I'm pretty uncool myself! In this case I do feel like I already "know" you mamas and have already made a connection with you all. I never even chatted with the other moms from DS before. They just posted on the Alaska section and asked if anyone was in Kodiak. A couple of us responded and set up a play date at the park. I think part of it is that I'm a bit shy until I know someone well.

#508 of 2966 Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 PM

It's our 5 year anniversary in July!
Gillian I had a crystal reading when I was in grade 12 and I was told I would meet a dark and handsome man that I would later marry. I met my hubby 6 months later.

#509 of 2966 Old 06-26-2010, 09:56 AM

Akisland--5 years, congrats! We are at 5 years too, although sometimes it feels like longer!
Re the zits: maybe an allergic reaction to something.

Cindy--Thrush is a yeast thing, right? So could you try cutting out sugar completely for a few weeks until it clears up? I've never had thrush before, though.

Gillian--that sounds like *so* much fun! I read tarot & am in the process of developing my psychic antenna, so to speak, but I have never gotten my tea leaves read. Now I want to!

bedhead--congrats, I would love to be a doula. I hope you get to attend lots of wonderful births!

re church: we don't go to church, as I am Wiccan. DP is a lapsed Catholic, but he wants me to bring the kids to church. I don't know why he doesn't do it himself if it's so darn important to him, kwim? My best friend is a non-theist Quaker and has invited me to meetinghouse so we will probably go to that if we can ever get up early enough I want my kids to choose for themselves when the time is right for them, but how can they choose if they've never been exposed to anything different? Anyway, I can just nurse Tucker during meeting, I think, while I meditate.

re nightweaning: Haven't gotten there yet, as our schedules seem to jive together pretty well. I'll likely do it at 2.

re discipline: I find it's easier just to remove temptation and try not to draw his attention to it! Plus I let him get away with a lot more than I let ds1, just lazier the 2nd time around I guess!

Well, we are in PA currently with my Ils (DP's mom & sisters). We're going to some little kid theme park called Magical Land or somesuch. Should be interesting! I got my nose pierced last week and now the stud keeps falling back into my nose... Is anyone else here pierced? I am kind of freaking out. It's really bugging me! I guess I should probably go into the shop where I got it done when I get back to VT and make them fix it. Then in 2 weeks we are flying back to Fairbanks, and I can't say I'm too sad--I still have lots of friends I kept in touch with in VT, but Alaska is my home now.

Phoebe

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#510 of 2966 Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just got back from another backpacking trip (5 days this time), so I haven't had a chance to catch up on everything. This time my mom (who's visiting for a good chunk of the summer) came along, so we had 3 generations. Went great again, though we did have a bit too much hot weather (seems funny in Alaska). Katmai greatly enjoyed all the sticks and rocks and flowers.

He's not quite to conversations yet, but is definitely getting more and more into the two word phrases: "big stick!" "big rock!" "more bread!" "more ducks!" "bye-bye dada" "goodnight dog"

Is anyone else's kid in the "more" phase? He's constantly asking for more of absolutely everything, from food to games to airplanes to features of the surrounding landscape. When he gets excited it sounds like "moee!" almost like a guinea pig squeak. Super cute.

Nightweaning: I'm sort of dreading starting this, but feel I need to do it sometime before the new one comes along this winter. I don't mind nursing him at night so much (usually only nurses once or twice for a few min each), but I hate the nursing to sleep. When he fights it, it takes forever and he's super violent about it. I need a different way to put him to bed! Can I start that without going all the way to night weaning, or would night weaning first be easier?

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page