February 09 mamas - they're not babies anymore! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 2966 Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My favorite Mia sentence is "what DAT for?" She asks that whenever she sees me doing something and it's so stinking cute! When I ask her what she's doing, she always said "aaah-don-know" as one big word. It cracks me up every time....she gets that from her siblings.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#662 of 2966 Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM

My favorite sentence is eyennnnnn hunnnngreeeee! She gets that one from her brother and she always says it in this desperate growly voice.
So last night would have been the one if we were to make a babe this month and both kids were awake until after 10pm and dh had been up since 430am. I think it was the universe telling me I don't need anymore kids right now lol.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#663 of 2966 Old 08-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Today was quite an eventful day. My friend had her baby! It was the first time I've witnessed a homebirth and it was amazing! She was so strong and handled it so well, I'm just inspired. The whole process, even the sometimes scary parts, made me want to be a doula even more. All the worries I had about not being touch-feely enough to offer physical and emotional support during labor have been put at ease.

And still no period here... I'm thinking I'll take another test this weekend.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#664 of 2966 Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Mal ... ?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#665 of 2966 Old 08-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Mal - It is pretty awesome to be there for someone like that, I'm glad everything went well

sooooo, did ya test? :

I love hearing all the little sentences everyone's lo's are making - so cute! I just wish mine was too! I can't wait!

Sometimes Royce seems ready for the potty, but mostly he just won't go on it

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#666 of 2966 Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Sorry, I forgot to update. I got two more negatives and started my period yesterday. I was starting to get excited too. Now, my grandma says she's praying for me to have twin boys! I don't know about all that, but a baby would be great!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#667 of 2966 Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Jeez, I've been MIA. Sounds like everyone is having fun! We had a very full weekend--my parents came down from DC last Thursday and left this morning. It was nice having more hands to change diapers and play with Aubs. Huz and I went on a little date on Saturday night. We went to a fancy cajun place, then down town for the "bat festival" where we mostly just people-watched.

Aubrey seems to have grown so much this past month. She's hardly the baby I remember.... Since we got the tubes in her ears, she's started trying to say all sorts of things, although most everything sounds the same to everyone except me. For example, Tana (her friend), banana, and Grandma are all "nana." With the Gparents in town she's been staying up super late, so we'll be working back into a routine this week. Right now she's still sleeping with us, but I'm hoping to transition her onto the crib mattress on the floor in our room soon. She just has too many limbs for us all to get a good night's sleep!

We sort of gave up on PL for a while, but hopefully we'll get back into a routine and can work on it again. There's just not enough time in our day. The other big upset is that our favorite teacher at the daycare Aubs goes to left to stay home with her kids. So there was a new teacher in the class when Huz dropped her off, and he told me "I'll let you decide what you think." So I hope she works out. I get nervous about stuff like this.

Mal, Sue, Cindy: I hope some little souls join you soon.

Starling, I'm anxious to hear that Esme is fine. It's hard waiting, I'm sure.

For me, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about so much lately. Maybe it's the August heat here in Texas. Fertility, bleh, gardening, bleh. Potty learning, my job. Maybe I need to think about improving my diet. I don't know.

I'm not busy at work today so I think I'm going to try to catch up on some reading...parenting stuff, of course! I should have bought a tabloid as a treat. Oh well!

I hope you all have a great week. Kate

#668 of 2966 Old 08-25-2010, 01:31 AM

Mal: Sorry about AF! I hope this month is your month! I was just visiting w/my friend today that has 4 month old twin boys. Seems crazy hard but she is doing brilliantly. And can I just say how jealous I am? Her two boys both put themselves to sleep in their crib (she puts them down awake) for 3 hour naps, twice a day and sleep from 7pm until 5 am! At 4 months old! Both of them! WTF? And she says she didn't let them cry it out! It took Makenna until a couple months ago to do that. She really lucked out!

Kate: So glad to hear that Aubs is doing better on her speech! Sorry you are feeling blah.

It is so hot here! We've had winter weather all summer until yesterday. Today is record heat. 98 degrees in San Francisco. I know you all deal with this all summer but what really sucks is that we don't have AC bc it's usually not so hot here. It's 9:30 and I'm still sweating and feeling ill from the heat. No worries though - supposed to be back to a high of 59 by the weekend. Makenna is enjoying her baby pool and I had the pleasure of watching her eat her first popsicle today. :-) BTW, those cloth swim diapers do do a good job of holding in the poop, in case any of you were wondering. She took a big poop in her wet diaper while we were in the kitchen after swimming. Unfortunately, I had no idea and carried her into her room to change her - poo got all over the changing table, all over her, all over my arm and all over my outfit! Blech! We haven't had a poosplosion like this since she was a wee one!!! LOL!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#669 of 2966 Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 AM

Wow, twin boys! My grandma is officially praying for me to get pregnant and when she starts praying for something, all bets are off! She say's she's praying for twin boys. I told her if that happens, I'll quit the baby sitting gig and move in with her.

I just mailed off a scholarship application hoping to get registered for a doula training course taking place in November. I so hope I get this scholarship so I can go!!

#670 of 2966 Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Mal - Sorry about the BFN I guess your body will need some time to prepare for carrying those twins, eh?

Cindy - That is totally unfair, Royce still doesn't sleep that well!

I've started packing for my big move. I'm moving about 3 hours away to be closer to friends and the school I want to apply to for next September. Royce is having fun playing with all the boxes I still have to find someone to sublet my apartment, but hopefully that will happen soon! I am really looking forward to moving and starting my new life

#671 of 2966 Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 PM

I am so excited...Dp used the phrase " with the next one" blah, blah, blah. I tuned out the blahs and fixated on the fact that he assumes there will be a next one! I have been saying for the past 6 months that I wanted to think about a third..not now, but eventually. He would not engage at all. So my response was " next one?!!??" he said " you know you'd wear me down eventually". Not exactly the glowing endorsemnet but I'll take it!! Then I made his day by saying I was nowhere near ready, that I had my hands full for the time being! And I do!

DD's language is exploding...finally and it is so much fun! We have a new bedtime/nap routine that seems to work for us. I was spending over an hour to get her down cause I was doing what we had always done...nurse then hold then nurse and hold over and over and over. Well now I let her nurse till she comes off, offer the other side and then we lay down together for 10 minutes and I then give a kiss and walk out....awake or not. the first day I did have to walk her back in multiple times...like 5 I think but all in all she ws asleep within 20 minutes of me walking out. She did fuss but not an all out crying fit. I have seen her more upset when we have to leave the playground! Not at all what I did with ds but I needed her to be asleep so I could help DS with homework and getting ready for school and spending over an hour was just not working.
Hope everyone else is doing well this week! We finally have a break in 90 degree weather

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#672 of 2966 Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 PM

My dh has given us the go ahead to have another right away and now I'm like wait...... I...... don't..... know..... Then it turns out I might have been exposed to active tb so I have to see how that pans out. If it is actual TB then it will be at least 12 weeks of testing if I'm negative for it and 9 months of drugs if I'm positive. Ugh!!!! During which there will be no babymaking.
I have so much fruit in my yard to pick and preserve it's daunting. I already did crabapple jelly and it didn't set so I have to uncan it and redo with pectin. Now I have plums and fall apples in my yard to pick and make into applesauce, apple butter, and plum jam and a flat of peaches to make into jam.

I might have to do the car trip next month solo. I'm thinking of buying car seat trays and a couple organizers to make my life easier.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#673 of 2966 Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
I have so much fruit in my yard to pick and preserve it's daunting. I already did crabapple jelly and it didn't set so I have to uncan it and redo with pectin. Now I have plums and fall apples in my yard to pick and make into applesauce, apple butter, and plum jam and a flat of peaches to make into jam.
Mmmm APPLE BUTTER! That's my favorite. My extended family in WV used to make it every fall and send us jars, but now that the old folks have passed they "forget" to do it. Too bad. I would pay if they asked!

Gillian, I'm excited for you. You're so strong!

Mal, I think twin boys would be wonderful! I'm torn about the size of our future family...in some ways, one child is nice because she gets so much attention, and there isn't much that we want to do that we can't take her along. Here's our situation, tell me what ya'll would do:

We will move to a new state in June 2011, and we'll stay there for 4 years. At that point I'll be unemployed (and collecting unemployment, thanks to the job I have now) for up to a year (18 mos?). So I need to get a job in the new place by June 2012. Then we'll move again June 2015 (military ).

So technically, it would probably be best to get pg around April/May 2010, and be unemployed while pregnant and during the babe's first months, right?
But then I also really like the idea of having that time to just focus on being home with Aubrey at 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 years old.
But starting a new job and then getting pg in the first year or so is kinda crappy, right? But if I put it off any longer than that, Aubs would be like 5 when new baby came, which isn't really what I had in mind.
And waiting just puts me further into my 30's for subsequent kiddos. Not that this is bad, but my mother was post-menopausal at 42.

What would you guys do?

#674 of 2966 Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM

justkate if I was you I'd time it so that I was about 4 or so months pg by June 2011 when you were moving (out of the yucky 1st trimester). Then you could have almost a full year off with the new babe and some time off with just aubs and she would be about 3.5 when the next one came along which is an age gap that I like. Oh and if my apple butter turns out I'll send u some.

I'm so incredibly tired today. There is so much I should be doing but instead I am alternating between feeding the kids and finding them a new activity and vegging on the computer. I feel kind of lonely but don't really want to go out. It's a rainy day. I've got to think of something for dinner! Chili or soup I think. Time to go look in the cupboards.

#675 of 2966 Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 PM

justKate: We make apple butter every fall with DH's family. Well, I guess I should say every other fall, our trees only do well enough every other year. This is the year for making it. I can send some to you, too!

Owyn isn't feeling well today. She's working on two teeth and just never handles it well when she's getting more than one at a time. She was awake twice through the night last night, which she never does anymore. Her nose is running like crazy and she's coughing. It doesn't help that we've had record high temps for weeks, then this week our temps plummeted down into the 70s during the day.

I also have a newborn here doing a test run for daycare, so a newborn getting to know a new place and a cranky toddler are not a good mix. Thank God for my Beco! Today has been the worst of the week. The newborn won't let me put her down, at all. I finally have her sleeping next to me, but she's in and out of it, I can't get her to fall into a good, deep sleep today at all. I just keep telling myself today is like a Friday, no daycare kiddos tomorrow!

#676 of 2966 Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Just wondering if anyone has started thinking of Halloween yet?

I bought a monkey costume the other day. I'm not 100% sure that's what he'll be, but I can return it if I change my mind. It is really cute though, and he is a little monkey - I think I call him 'monkey' more than 'Royce'

The other thing I am thinking of is a little super hero. Etsy has some really cute custom capes and masks.

Pirate and vampire were two other things I thought of.

I figure this is the last year that it's totally up to me. Next year he'll have his own opinion on what to be!

#677 of 2966 Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 PM

Owyn is going to be a pirate. I'm eye-ing this costume from Etsy.

#678 of 2966 Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 PM

justKate - yes I like nillarilla's plan, if you get 18 months off. I would want at least a year with the new babe before going back to work. But it would be nice to have a few months with just Aubs as that will be a lot of new things for her.

Oh you ladies make me want to have a new baby myself! I figure if I'm still single in 5 years (through school, plus 2 years of working) I'm going to do it myself! That seems so far away though!

Mal - that costume is soooo cute!! I love it!

Here is the one I got for Royce

I think I'll probably get him the cape/mask set too, this one. If I don't use it for Halloween he'll get it for Christmas.

#679 of 2966 Old 08-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Oh Gillian ... I LOVE the cape and mask set! How cool!
Maybe I'll find a few hours to make a set for Mé ... ah, wishful thinking.

Our good news is that Mé has gotten over her fear of the potty and has peed in it several times over the last few days. She's even excited about it! So I am very glad that we never pushed it.
She's talking in four- and five word sentences, which blows my mind constantly.
We have an appointment for an ECG next week, but will have to reschedule because I have a shift that I can't get out of. I figure we've been waiting so long, what's another couple of days. Besides, I can be honest here and admit that I don't want to know the results. Denial is a beautiful thing.
When we do go for the ECG, I'm going to bring along Bear, who doesn't normally get to leave the house. I'm hoping they'll "do" an ECG on Bear first, and then Mé will probably go along with the procedure without much protest.

Mal ... get on that baby-makin'!!!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#680 of 2966 Old 08-29-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Oh Gillian ... I LOVE the cape and mask set! How cool!
Maybe I'll find a few hours to make a set for Mé ... ah, wishful thinking.

Our good news is that Mé has gotten over her fear of the potty and has peed in it several times over the last few days. She's even excited about it! So I am very glad that we never pushed it.
She's talking in four- and five word sentences, which blows my mind constantly.
We have an appointment for an ECG next week, but will have to reschedule because I have a shift that I can't get out of. I figure we've been waiting so long, what's another couple of days. Besides, I can be honest here and admit that I don't want to know the results. Denial is a beautiful thing.
When we do go for the ECG, I'm going to bring along Bear, who doesn't normally get to leave the house. I'm hoping they'll "do" an ECG on Bear first, and then Mé will probably go along with the procedure without much protest.

Mal ... get on that baby-makin'!!!
We have officially started trying!

I hope everything goes well with the ECG, I keep thinking about her.

Owyn's language is really starting to take off. I've been telling people the last few weeks that I really thought she was going to start talking soon because she was getting soooooo frustrated when trying to communicate with me. Now, suddenly, she's copying everything I say, soaking it all up like a sponge. She loves learning new words and is adding several words a day! I kept reading about some of your babes here doing this and couldn't even imagine it with Owyn. Now, we're here and it's so cool to watch her mastering this!

#681 of 2966 Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 PM

just read throgh but no time to post. Just wanted to let you all know I am thinking of you!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#682 of 2966 Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Royce's language is slowly developing, sort of... He is signing a lot more, but he gets them mixed up a lot, and a lot of them look the same. But he's trying! And he has started saying 'uh oh' which is sooooo cute. Everytime he drops something or spills something 'Uh Oh!', it's adorable!!

We are away right now on our last vacation of the summer. So we've been doing lots of swimming, hiking, and paddle boating. Lots of fun!

#683 of 2966 Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM

I'm home! After being away for a month it feels sooo good to be home. We got in last night. Fiona was so happy! I don't know if she was more excited about seeing Papa, her chickens, her dogs or her toys. She was an amazing traveler! I had been worried about all the flying we did but she gets an A+!

Cute costumes! Fiona was a pirate last year and will be a Fairy this year. I saw some wings for $10 dollars which I know she'll have fun with year round. We'll do the rest of the costume with stuff we have around the house.

So I did the Mayan Massage as I mentioned. My period started the other day and for the first time in my life I had a 30 day cycle! As long as I have been paying attention to it my cycles have been between 45 (while on clomid) and 75 days. I really can't believe it! I'm going to start charting now and see if I start ovulating. This really is amazing to me. We are hoping to get up to Anchorage for another appointment sometime this fall but in the mean time I'm doing the self massage technique she taught me.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#684 of 2966 Old 09-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Welcome back Sue! How exciting about your cycles! I hope the massage does the trick. How intriguing!

OMG mamas - I think we bought a house!!! The sellers are supposed to sign our offer tonight. I kind of freaking out! I wasn't totally mentally prepared bc DH and I never thought we'd find anything here that we could afford!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#685 of 2966 Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 AM

Congrats Cindy! That is exciting!

I just discovered that Fiona has two more molars! Her bottom two giving her a grand total of 18 teeth. These came in so easily with minimal fussing. It might explain why she has been a restless sleeper the last couple of nights but really she's just her same happy self. Sweet!

It's fun reading about all of the language development in your lo's. Fiona repeats everything we say and uses lots of sentences these days. My favorite is when she is looking for someone... Papa, are you? When we were with my family she started calling my niece Maggie, MOM! Always yelled it (much like the way her cousins yell to my sister!) It was so funny. I'm always Mama but Maggie is Mom. Mom is 4! I wonder if it will stick for our next visit.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#686 of 2966 Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Welcome back Sue!

Congrats on the house Cindy, how exciting! Hopefully you'll be setting it up for a new arrival soon!

Owyn is way off kilter this week for some reason. She has been waking up earlier and earlier every morning. She was awake before 7 all weekend, which is really unusual for her. Now, the last two mornings, she's been awake at 4:30! I just can't handle that! She'll go back to sleep... eventually. It's taken an hour and a half to get her back to sleep, and by then it's almost time for my alarm to go off, so it's not like I get to go back to sleep. The only thing I can think of that would be throwing her off like this is her starting to talk. It's a big milestone, so I'm wondering if her brain just can't shut down as easily right now. She's also struggling a lot with going to sleep at night. Whatever it is, I hope she gets it worked out soon. I'm tired!

#687 of 2966 Old 09-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Mal: Sorry about the sleep issues! We're having some too! Makenna has refused to go down for a nap all week! I stopped nursing before her nap on Tuesday but she also refused on Monday and I tried 3 times to nurse her down. 3 days she ended up napping in the car or stroller later. Yesterday no nap at all! The only good thing is she slept until 8 today and 7 yesterday instead of her normal 5. I would still prefer the nap though! I hope today isn't more of the same! Ack! Makenna's language is exploding too - turning into 3 word sentences now...so maybe that is part. Or maybe more teeth I can't see? BUt she sleeps fine at night so who knows.

So I am cutting nursing to morning and before bed. Dropping morning next week too, I think. I will probably let her keep bedtime indefinitely. I've just had enough. She seems to be taking the no daytime nursing pretty well except for the lack of naps. Not sure that is the issue though w/the naps.

Cindy

#688 of 2966 Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Sue, how exciting about the mayan massage working!!!

Cindy Buying a house is super exciting! Can't wait to see pictures.

June is doing well, although a little clingier than usual.

I've about had it with the males related to me. It seems to be a very tumultuous time and between my step FIL sharing/exaggerating private financial information on facebook while threatening and shaming me. My father continually sending me links to stuff he knows we disagree on. MY brother unfriending me on facebook b/c we disagree about things. I feel wiped out. ...and I really really miss my husband. he's been gone almost 2 weeks or somethign like that. He's at a wedding now (it was close to the job site he's at and this is a guy that was in our wedding party) and his phone doesn't work in the padunk a dunk town. SO I can't even talk to him or tell him what an a$$ his step dad has been ONCE AGAIN!

On the upside I am going with my friend to shop for wedding dresses on tuesday!!! Yay!

oh and my 4 1/2 year old flew out to colorado with my twin sister to visit my other two sisters. she is having a marvelous time, but it is weird without her.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#689 of 2966 Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Thursday - I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with family (I love all your fb posts/links ). Will your husband be home soon? How exciting for Josie though, I'm sure she's having a blast!

Cindy - So have you for sure bought a house yet?? How exciting!!
Royce is usually pretty good about his naps, he still nurses down for them. Bedtime is more difficult for us. I still haven't nightweaned, it's hard and I'm lazy :P Last night I said no when he woke up at 12:30, that was ok he cried a little, at 4:00 I said no again, but then he was really fussy and restless so at around 4:30 he nursed and then again at 7:30 and 8:00 when we got up.

Mal - Oh, wow, I could not handle a 4:30 wake up, that's still the middle of the night as far as I'm concerned! Hopefully it's just a milestone thing!

AK - Welcome back!! That is so great that the massage is working for you - yay! When I went off the pill to ttc I had horribly long and irregular cycles (the first year off I only had 5 sporadic periods, and then after that I had 45+ day cycles), but after my pregnancy my cycles have been pretty regular and around 30 days or so. Anyway, hopefully your charting shows that you are ovulating - and the baby making can begin

#690 of 2966 Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Gillian: I think we are buying a house! The sellers signed our offer and we finally got a copy of the contract. The seller's agent took 2 days to send it so we were sort of in limbo! Of course everything has to check out during inspections this coming week and the loan has to go through, etc but hopefully it will all go smoothly. Still can't believe this could really be happening! We were convinced we'd never be able to buy here! :-)

Thursday: Sorry about the men in your life! I hope your hubby is home soon!

Cindy

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page