Forum Jump: 

#121 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
nak

The old dr got my iud out!! It was no problem for her. Phew!! Have to wait a month to start trying though. Eeeeck!!!!

Cindy
I'm so glad that she got it out! One month from TTC! So exciting! Can't wait to hear good news!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
We got my ds allergy tested but it didn't show anything. He still reacts though really badly with blotching skin, facial rash, emotional and sleep disturbance, increased mucous production and a sore stomach. So I believe it's probably an IgG reaction. Was scary for a while when we thought it might be anaphylactic but it turns out he just worked himself up so badly he was having a panic attack. Benadryl, Vit C and rescue remedy work well to dampen and sometimes stop the reaction.

Dd it's a blistering bleeding bum rash and either constipation or pure liquid poop. She also screams and her stomach goes rock hard. She will usually vomit the night of ingestion as well. Oh and sour burps will tip me off that she's about to start reacting to something. I took dairy out first and all the symptoms lessened by about 2 weeks then I took wheat out and within a week she was all clear of the rash and the constipation. It was so awful she would cry when she would poop.

I've found a couple flours I like that are gluten free. We eat a lot of millet, amaranth, quinoa, rice and meat and veggies and lentils and beans. Dd can't even have oatmeal. She can have butter in small amounts though which is good. The world just tastes better with butter.
Wow, so much to learn about in the allergy world. It sounds like you have figured out the triggers though. Right now I just don't know. Fiona and I have been off of dairy for a week but her rash seems worse. Her constipation issue is better though. We have had crying with pooping too and its awful. Also lots of straining with little result. Things seem better over the last few days though so I think we are on to something with the dairy. I think we'll stick with dairy free for a while and see if we get any improvement in her rash. Then maybe try the gluten route.

Quote:
Forgot to mention dd is getting 4!!!! teeth at the same time right now. We are so not sleeping here.
Right there with you Mama. Fiona's getting her 4 canines in and it is brutal. She rarely ever just cries but today has been a different story. She's been very hard to soothe. Poor babies and poor mamas! Will teething ever end?!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#122 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
The old dr got my iud out!! It was no problem for her. Phew!! Have to wait a month to start trying though. Eeeeck!!!!
That's aweseome! Wonderful news, Cindy!

Quote:

I've found a couple flours I like that are gluten free. We eat a lot of millet, amaranth, quinoa, rice and meat and veggies and lentils and beans. Dd can't even have oatmeal. She can have butter in small amounts though which is good. The world just tastes better with butter.
AKislandgirl wants my GF flour mix, and maybe you'd be interested too?
Here it is!

This is a great rice flour based recipe ... use 1:1 in most any recipe for great results. It's worth searching out the ingredients.

ALL PURPOSE GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR
2 1/2 C brown rice flour
2 C white rice flour
1/2 C corn starch
3/4 C potato starch
3/4 C tapioca flour or starch
3 tbs xanthan gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Poor babies and poor mamas! Will teething ever end?!
At least all of you are nearly finished! Esmé is still working on her first TWO!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#123 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Owyn started getting teeth fairly early, just before 4 months old. She has 8 so far, 4 on top and 4 on bottom. But she is slllllooooowwww and steady about it. She'll get one, teethe for weeks, get another. Take a break, teethe for weeks, get one, teethe for weeks, get another. They seem to come in twos but a couple weeks apart, then we get a break for a month or so. She's been working on molars for weeks now and still hasn't had one break through. Luckily, she handles teething pretty well. We have a few restless nights right when one is coming in, other than that it's just a lot of drool and a little clinginess.

Did anyone catch the promo at Franklin Goose last week? It's an online natural baby store that had a promo going, offered $5 store credit for every product review you wrote. I talked to a few people who ended up with well over $100 in store credit. I wrote several reviews and should get $50-$60 out of it. It's taking them a long time to get through the reviews though, because they had so many and lots of their products are now on back order because all the people are using up their store credits. But they have tons of great products. I can't wait to get my credit, Owyn will be getting some new diapers! We're still transitioning our stash to strictly AIOs during the day (pockets at night), so I'll be adding to that.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#124 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 12:56 PM

Thanks for that recipe Starling!

Mal: I did reviews also but am still waiting on credits. I should get about $75 worth! I did my reviews at the end of the promotion (last 2 days) so it will probably be some time before I get my credits since they are so backed up. I'm still undecided as to what I'll get. Maybe some of the cute WAHM clothes.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#125 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Just have a minute but wanted to plug goat milk for those with allergy issues. Aubrey seemed to be reacting to cow's milk when we started it, so we switched to goat milk and that seems to be going well. She also doesn't tolerate soy. Oddly yogurt and cheese are okay--maybe they're more processed? I dunno.

Cindy, I'm jealous. I think the idea of a newborn is wonderful, but the idea of a newborn with my toddler is terrifying. It terrifies me right in to celibacy.

#126 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Justkate: I hear ya! Now that the iud is out and this ttc thing is really about to begin I'm a lit bit freaking out. I so want another tiny baby but I feel really bad about the idea of taking away Makenna's special one on one time. And sometimes I just feel so tired and like I never get a break that I wonder how I will manage with two. But I suppose if I am already busy and tired and not getting break I might as well have more...at least I won't be having so much time on my hands that I feel like I need to find things to fill it with...it will be filled by caring for #2.

Makenna is SOOO into saying momma/mommy these days. She says it so adoringly and loves to point to me and say "momma" over and over or "my momma". She finally started calling DH dada instead of momma and says that a lot too. She is just so enamored with us...it's the cutest thing ever!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#127 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Thanks for that recipe Starling!

Mal: I did reviews also but am still waiting on credits. I should get about $75 worth! I did my reviews at the end of the promotion (last 2 days) so it will probably be some time before I get my credits since they are so backed up. I'm still undecided as to what I'll get. Maybe some of the cute WAHM clothes.
I finally started getting my credits. I have $45 so far. I did those reviews on Monday last week, so on March 29. I did a few more on the 31, the last day, so I'm still waiting on those to go through.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#128 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Justkate: I hear ya! Now that the iud is out and this ttc thing is really about to begin I'm a lit bit freaking out. I so want another tiny baby but I feel really bad about the idea of taking away Makenna's special one on one time. And sometimes I just feel so tired and like I never get a break that I wonder how I will manage with two. But I suppose if I am already busy and tired and not getting break I might as well have more...at least I won't be having so much time on my hands that I feel like I need to find things to fill it with...it will be filled by caring for #2.

Makenna is SOOO into saying momma/mommy these days. She says it so adoringly and loves to point to me and say "momma" over and over or "my momma". She finally started calling DH dada instead of momma and says that a lot too. She is just so enamored with us...it's the cutest thing ever!

Cindy
I'm a little freaked out at the thought too, Cindy. Especially when we've had a bad night or super clingy day, I think how in the world will I do this with two. But I know we'll handle it just fine. Everything is just one day at a time right now. And although I expect it to be difficult, I know it will be well worth it. Years down the road, I'll be watching my two kids acting like siblings and missing my little babies. Having another baby close in age is more for them than for me, I want them to grow up together. We want to have 3 all together, but I think I'm gonna hold out for that third one until after the first two are in school (assuming things go as planned) and enjoy babyhood to the fullest one last time. We'll start TTC as soon as I find a job, hopefully by the end of this summer.

#129 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Mal: You'll be awesome with two! Are you kidding...with all the baby sitting experience you got this year? No problem for you! :-)I agree about the third. I may or may not want one but if we do have one, it will likely be a bigger spacing than the 1st two.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#130 of 2966 Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM

For those of you a little freaked of making the jump to 2 kiddos just remember that your first will be at least 10 months older than he/she currently is and as they get bigger they get less time consuming. Not necessarily easier but the things like diapers, feeding, nursing all of that takes less time. I really want a third one but it's so hard to figure out when to fit that in. I want our finances to be better and I would like to go back to school. However I am currently studying for my certification exam in my specialty area of nursing and it's not going so well. So I'm thinking that the timing just is not right for me to go back to school. I need to wait until I have at least 2 in school I think. We also want to move out of this city but if we move while I am on mat leave then I have to pay back my top up. I'm waffling between trying this summer or waiting until dd is closer to 2. I really like the spacing between my kids which is just shy of 3 years. I want to be completely done having kids by the time I am 30 so that only gives me 2 years to have this last one.

Starling thanks for the mix I had gotten it from you before and it is a nice one. I find I like to adjust the xantham gum based on what I am making and whether or not I am adding eggs.

The allergy thing is the hardest part of parenting I have encountered so far.

I am beginning to wonder if dd will ever start walking. I never thought she would be this cautious about it.

I bought an ergo today. I have a wrap, a baby trekker, a babyhawk MT, a pouch sling but I bought an ergo. My dh is not going to be impressed but I really needed something that I could get dd into and out of the back carry by myself in a parking lot. I am not able to accomplish that with any of my other carriers. So I tested it out in the store to see if I could do it and I could do it quite easily although it looks a bit precarious so I bought it. Now I have to decide whether or not to sell any of my others. They all have pluses and minuses. I guess we'll see how versatile the ergo is although I bought it in blue with flowers stitched on it so dh may not wear it. I wanted a beco but nowhere in town sells them and I would want to test it first.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#131 of 2966 Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 AM

I just got a Beco on diaperswappers. I've been using a Babyhawk, which I've become pretty good at doing by myself. But all of her weight was on my shoulders. And although we don't babywear a lot of the time, when I do it's for a long period of time, so I needed something with more support. I sold my Babyhawk on diaperswappers and ended up paying only $30 out of pocket for the Beco. It's a version 1 instead of version 2, but I think it'll work great for us. I can't wait for it to come in the mail!

#132 of 2966 Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 PM

Oh, how I love my ergo. It's the only carrier we have, other than a wrap and sling that we used in very early days. We use it every single day, and since I wear DD on my back now, it's awesome! I'm so happy with it. Nilla ... I hope you love yours as much as I love mine! I also have the little bum bag thingy that attached to the belt. That way, I don't have to have a bag if we're not going far. I can put a cloth dipe and wet bag in there and we're good. I found that the built-in pocket isn't big enough for a CD.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#133 of 2966 Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM

I love my ergo as well! I use it all the time still. I still usually wear DD on my front bc she is still under 20 lbs and I love to snuggle her and be able to see her. But the times I have put her on my back felt great as well.

Starling - what is this bag you mentioned? Today we went to the zoo and I brought the stroller to carry the diaper bag and our bag of food...but I wore DD pretty much the entire time (except while drinking my coffee since they don't have lids there...but I guess I could have put her on my back and not risked spilling on her).

Cindy

#134 of 2966 Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I use my wrap on the back, and then put one of those oversized fanny packs (REI calls it a lumbar pack) below it. It's great because I can carry diapers, snacks, water bottle, etc... and if I want to put Katmai down, I can stuff the whole wrap in the pack and get it out of my way.
#135 of 2966 Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Cindy ... I have this front bag. It's not big at all, but does fit a CD and small wet bag, and even a small snack. That, plus the built-in pocket, does us for a few hours. I do have the backpack attachment too, and might try it out again now that she's on my back. I didn't like it for front carries at all, but it might be okay for back carries.
McKittre ... Your set up sounds great!

#136 of 2966 Old 04-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Thanks Starling. I had no idea they had so many accessories! Cool!

Cindy

#137 of 2966 Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM

i have been meaning to reply about the 2nd or 3rd child thing but have been distracted or headachey. My kids were a bit further aprt so I think that made it easier. I really like the spacing I have. 2 years 9 months, and 3 years 1 month. The second spacing was easier as the fresh 3 year old (by the time the realize the baby isn't leaving at about 2-3 months and hence when they start to act out and such) is a TOUGH age. Of course righ tnow ALL 3 are freaking out, so i'm off

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#138 of 2966 Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 PM

I took Esmé to a literary soiree the other night, even though it had an open bar ... nobody protested. It's not like she was going to have a martini!
Anyway, Esmé was wandering around on her own, which is weird, because it was loud and there were about two hundred people there and no other kids, and she's normally super clingy and super shy, but she was in her glory and was the belle of the ball. Anyway, there was a table with appetizers on it, out of her reach. But total strangers were giving her food! Carrot sticks and whole grapes, I kid you not! Without asking me! Why would they think that is okay?
And taking her picture without asking ... why is that okay either? The nerve!

#139 of 2966 Old 04-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Hello all. Thank goodness it is Friday. I feel like this week has gone on forever.

Owyn has discovered she loves to scream. It's like she's competing with herself for the loudest, most ear-piercing scream. For no reason in particular other than she likes the sound. Mommy has had a headache most days this week.

Luckily, DH started putting her to bed this week. I wasn't sure how it would go. I want that to become something he can regularly do before we have another baby. I get the feeling it'll be mostly his job when I have a newborn to care for. It's gone surprisingly well. He took a chair in her room and just hangs out in there until she goes to sleep, it's very sweet. I'll nurse her and snuggle her for a few minutes, then he takes her to bed. It's nice to get the break.

#140 of 2966 Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 PM

Starling - Yeah, that's pretty annoying! Who gives a young toddler random food?? Especially choking hazard food! They probably had been spending too much time at the open bar Taking her picture is kind of weird too. I'm going to go with the open bar explanation for that one too

For a back carry I use my wrap. I love it, it's really comfy. I still wear him on my front with the wrap a lot too. I also have a ring sling which I use a lot. It's handy for popping him in and out while running errands or even around the house.

Royce is officially walking instead of crawling. He also can get himself up to standing all by himself. It all happened so fast! He still occasionally crawls, but he definitely is prefering to walk AND, he has a new tooth poking through! I'm pretty sure it's a molar, it's pretty far back, but it was just a tiny speck of tooth so I can't really tell for sure.

I am having a tough time right now figuring out what my next steps are on my single motherhood journey. I never planned on being anything other than a SAHM, and it is absolutely killing me to think about having to go to work. Plus I have no idea what I will do for work. I have a BSc. in biology, but have never used it, and on it's own it's pretty useless. So I think I will need some more schooling to get any sort of decent job. But I just don't want to do anything but be with Royce and raise him. I even planned on homeschooling, and now that dream is gone too. I'm hoping that at the very least we can work something out to allow me to stay home until he starts school. I am so sad about all of this

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#141 of 2966 Old 04-10-2010, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
starling - it wouldn't bother me to have someone take pictures, but the food thing is a little sketchy. How would they know if she was allergic to something?

Gillian - that sounds really tough. I hope you figure something out that lets you spend as much time with Royce as possible.
Katmai's also switched to mostly walking and only occasional crawling in the last week or two (though he was able to stand up without help for 3 months before he decided to walk).

Katmai's been such a trooper on this book tour - good in the car, good with new people, even happily playing with toys for a big chunk of most of the presentations (we let him wander at the front of the stage and chuck new toys at him now and then, and my husband takes him out if he gets too loud). But he picked up a lingering cough that he's had for a couple weeks now. And he's getting really tired of moving around. He starts crying every time we start to pack up now, which is so sad. Only a little bit longer, and we'll be home on Wednesday.

Katmai's starting to put his signs together into 2-word phrases now, which is really cute. His favorite is "book all-gone" after throwing the book (or a similar one with his other toys), but he also does ones like "baby eat" "dog food" etc...
#142 of 2966 Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 AM

starling- That would all really bother me too. The food thing especially. Like mckittre said, she could have allergies they don't know about and the choking hazards! I will share food with friends' kids and family members' kids, but always after asking their parents to make sure it's okay. The pictures would bother me too. It's one thing if they're taking pictures of something and she ends up in the background, but to take her picture specifically, that's just strange.

There was a elderly woman in my town who used to come to things like prom and take pictures of people going inside. She even showed up at my boyfriend's (now husband) place of work to give him pictures she had taken of us going into prom. On my wedding day, she kept driving by where we were getting our wedding pics taken and was taking pictures of us with a disposable camera. She was the creepiest old lady. She did this to everyone in town. So, yeah, random people taking my daughter's picture would not fly with me.

#143 of 2966 Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Gillian ...

And much magic and prayer for you to have an easier go of things.
I'm so sorry that things haven't gone as you dreamed they would. I predict wonderful things in your future ... guaranteed!

#144 of 2966 Old 04-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Hi, my son was born in January '09...I know this is the Feb group, but do you mind if I join?

I'm a SAHM in Interior Alaska with 2 boys. T is my littlest. He spends most of his time climbing and running all over the place, trying to catch up with ds1. Whatever ds1 does, he has to do too. He isn't really talking yet, all he says is "uh oh", "milk" and "nyet"(knit?). I'm not too worried, ds1 never talked til he was 2 and then you couldn't get him to stop.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#145 of 2966 Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Welcome alaskaberry! We'd love to have you join us! It's fun to see another Alaskan too! (mckittre and I are fellow Alaskans too!)

I find it weird that random people would give Esmé food and take her picture too. Especially the food thing.

We had a rough night last night. Fiona was up for a couple of hours. Flip flopping all over the bed, not being able to sleep, even practicing her downward dog pose. Sigh. We are all a bit tired and cranky this morning. She just went down for a nap which I hope will be a long one. It's tough having 4 teeth coming at once. I keep telling myself that at least they will all be in soon. She rarely has nights like this thank goodness. I did notice this morning that I forgot to put her amber necklace on after going to the pool yesterday. I don't know if its just a coincidence or not. Maybe?

Gillian, you have been in my thoughts and prayers lately. I wish you luck to find the balance between working and or school and being with Royce as much as possible. I think it is doable. Do you have family where you are now or would you consider moving closer to family to get some support from them? You may still be able to take classes and such and leave Royce with your folks or something. I'm sure you have been thinking of all of these options. Is his dad helping financially at all? Good luck Mama!

#146 of 2966 Old 04-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Owyn has discovered she loves to scream. It's like she's competing with herself for the loudest, most ear-piercing scream. For no reason in particular other than she likes the sound. Mommy has had a headache most days this week.
omg. here too. Especially in the bath, where it echos like crazy.

The weather here has been wonderful this weekend, and we've spent all day outside. Anthony LOVES to be outside and really puts up a fight when we have to go in. He's also really fighting every diaper change. hooray for toddlers!

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#147 of 2966 Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM

the food thing is starnge, but as for taking pictures of esme, I find that not strange. (god i could have owrded that sentence better). People like kids, people like kids even more at an adult event when their is only 1 cute kid to be attracted by. (this could also go the other way, but she was being sweet and cute so people like her) She was a novelty. Not surprised by the pictures.

Mal as for your weird picture taking lady the only thing i could think was "wow, she must be lonely. Looking for any connection to people she can get" although I would probably be a little weirded out by it, the fact that she would seek out your husband to give the pictures to makes me think it's a connection thing not a dnagerous stalker thing.

SCREAMING/SCREECHING- hahaha I HATE this. Juniper does it. Josephine does it (in fact Juniper used to get upset when Josie did it, but at some point she decided to just join her), and Now Jewel does it to make the baby laugh and do it some more. Some days it's all I can do to not reach over and bop the older girls on the head when they do it in the house. lol.

Gillian I hope you can figure something out, can you get it in the agreement that he pays child support so you can stay home. Can't there be somethign in there stating that this was the original plan you all had when you had the baby or something? I'll be thinking of you and sneding energy that this works out well.

McKittre, so glad you are almost home.

So my oldest aksed me to change her room around, take the bunk beds apart. It is requireing a lot of work with their toys (which they have entirely too many of) we are packing up a LOT of them and storing them until we get the playroom built. They have 2 garbage bags full of dress up clothes. I feel like I should go through them and only keep the nicer stuff. I am not sure how I am going to fit 3 beds in their room when Juniper turns 2. (the plan is one room for their beds and dressers and one rrom for all their toys and books. ) I might have to scrap that plan and gve Jewel her own room or convince them to put the bunk beds back up, and then a loft bed with desks underneath. With drawers under the bed and where? (like you all can help since you haven't seen the room) I think i need to get rid of some of their clothes. there is no reason a person should have so many clothes.

which bring s me to- How many outfits,, shirts, pants, undies, pajamas, etc do you all have for each person? Do you think it's enough, too much, not enough? would you pare it down, or do you just like having so many choices?

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#148 of 2966 Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 AM

Gillian, you were on my mind all weekend, just wondering how things were going with you. I really do hope you can get something worked out. It has to be so hard realizing that the way you planned your life to go just isn't working out like you'd hoped. It's hard to change plans when it comes to something as big as being a parent. And if you aren't able to stay at home with him permanently, I hope you can peace in that as well and still find a way to make the most of your situation. Royce is always going to be your sweet boy even if things aren't the way you imagined.

We really had such a great weekend here. It's been a long time since I was able to let the stress of the week melt away on the weekend. It helped that DH helped so much with Owyn and I really got a much needed break. I spent Saturday cleaning my parents' house for them and shopping for baby shower supplies. We went to a bonfire with some friends that night and Owyn, surprisingly, fell asleep in the crib they have set up for their baby on the way and stayed there until we went home!

Sunday I helped throw a baby shower for a friend and it really was lovely. I'm so happy it came together so nicely! We made a birth necklace for the mom. I wasn't sure how that would go since I've never made jewelry before and I was in charge of the project. But it came out beautiful and everyone had a great time making it!

Now, Owyn has a cold or allergies or something, so sleep wasn't great last night. But she's in good spirits when she's awake even if her face is covered in snot!

#149 of 2966 Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post
which bring s me to- How many outfits,, shirts, pants, undies, pajamas, etc do you all have for each person? Do you think it's enough, too much, not enough? would you pare it down, or do you just like having so many choices?
Fiona has way too many clothes. I really haven't bought much so its mostly hand me down stuff. I was feeling some obligation to keep it since people passed it down to us. I have recently come to the conclusion that this is not a good idea!! So, I'm pairing down and passing things on. For example, we mostly use wool diaper covers so I'm giving away pretty much all of the onesies except for a few really cute ones. Then when I see something I want to buy for her I feel less guilty. I'm her mom I can choose some of the clothes and not just use hand me downs!!! I actually love hand me downs but also like to be able to pick out a few things too (while I can! haha!)

Re: organzing the room. I think it sounds great to have seperate sleeping and playing rooms. Maybe you should check out apartment therepy or some other similar site for ideas of making the most of small spaces. PS. When did your girls move to their own rooms? I'm wondering how we are going to arrange our small house when Fiona gets a bedroom too.

#150 of 2966 Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Thank you so much ladies for all your thoughts and prayers. We are still sharing finances, so everything is okay right now. It's just looking into the future, once we get everything legally separated. I am trying to convince him to continue supporting us until Royce starts school. Some days he is okay with it, but then he changes his mind. He's really moody. But hopefully it will work out. If I could at least stay home until Royce started school that would be wonderful. I'm also planning a move to be in the same town as my mom. It's a bigger city with more opportunities for school/work. Plus I would have my mom for support. So yeah, just lots of stuff to think about.

Royce has his first vomiting illness It started last night. I was woken up just after midnight by being vomited on. So gross! He was even vomiting after nursing, yet wanted to nurse for comfort. I kept trying to get him to sleep other ways, but he would keep waking up wanting to nurse, so I would try and nurse and then he would vomit again. Poor boy! I thought he was doing better this morning, and fed him some applesauce, but then he vomited again. I just hope he feels better soon.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page