February 09 mamas - they're not babies anymore! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 2966 Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re allergies--Tucker has, I think, an egg allergy. Something is making him break out in pimples and a facial rash around his mouth. I thought he would have outgrown it by now, but guess not. He also gets bloody diaper rashes if he eats too much citrus.

Still nursing like crazy, though. I tandem nurse, so I wonder how Tucker will feel when ds1 quits.

Snowing off and on here in Fairbanks. I'm so, so, so ready for spring!!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#182 of 2966 Old 04-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Erin welcome home!

Junes has been saying a lot more things. My favorite is "mama", very new. She is also just saying "Dad!", like just now when he was out cleaning the chicken coop and she wanted him. When she isn't mad though she says "dada", a lot of other words have been coming as well. She is also getting some side teeth in. not fun, even with the amber.

I so want to go to Alaska someday, I could even imagine living there, but my DH would NOT be for that. He has lived in Florida his whole life. He didn't see snow for the first time until he was 29. He saw it along with our daughters. He tried to walk on the fresh new snow up at a mountain pass and sunk in to his hips. Then he threw our almost 4 year old into the snow again and again. She thought it was so funny. So if we ever move it has to be somwhere where it doesn't snow, or only occasionally snows. We have our sites set on the PNW.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#183 of 2966 Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 PM

Lynnola, welcome to our ddc!

I can't imagine a 1 year old nursing so little, all of mine have been boob fanatics at that age, even at 2 they are nursing more than taht. In a way I am slightly jealous of how little your are nursing.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#184 of 2966 Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM

I have an eating question: Do you guys give food with plates, bowls and utensils yet? I truly can't remember when DS started using these. He was in preschools so I know he was offered them by now. Willa still has issues with throwing fppd if she is done/ not interested so I have held off in offereing her food on plates or in bowls...

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#185 of 2966 Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM

We just put the food on the highchair tray. DD eats almost nothing that requires a spoon so it's all finger food. I did give her a bowl of shredded wheat in milk the past 2 days and she didn't throw the bowl or anything. Also she did eat some oatmeal last week and I let her try using the spoon and she loved it and ended up letting me feed her a few other things off spoons if she could do it. But I have forgotten to keep offering. Thanks for reminding me. LOL. I went out and bought toddler utensils after that but she can get the tiny baby spoon in her mouth much better, despite the longer handle. I think most of the utensils are labeled 18 mos+ (the ones I bought were 12 mos)...but that leads me to believe we have another 6 mos before we need to start thinking about it really.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#186 of 2966 Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Fiona uses a spoon sometimes but i usually have to load it for her. But she has the coordination to get it to her mouth just fine. I should let her do it more often too. We generally put her food on her placemat at the table. I think I'll try offering her bowls and plates and see what happens. I just hadn't even thought to do it yet! thanks!

We are still a bit of a mess in our house... I am treating myself (and Fi though she showed no signs) for thrush. I ended up with mastitis but feel better from that now. Fiona and I both have colds and her rash is pretty terrible these days. Tell me we will get better! this sucks!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#187 of 2966 Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
AKislandgirl - hope you both feel better soon!

Katmai loves using a spoon (one of those little toddler ones). He's still messy, but he gets the food in there pretty well if it's not too difficult (yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, soup). Lately he's gotten even more into it and is branching out to the fork as well. He insists on trying his spoon and fork for nearly every meal, even things like rice and veggies (really messy, and he does eventually switch to fingers). He was occasionally using the spoon at 12 months, so I think our kids are definitely old enough to learn now. For a bowl, we have one super heavy ceramic one that's nearly unbreakable and at other folks' houses I use tupperware lids or something similarly sturdy.

Katmai's been saying a few new words lately, and a lot of signs. It's kind of funny, he'll figure out one sound, and then learn all the words he can make with it. Like neigh and knee, eye, hi, and ice, moon and moo, etc... It makes me wonder how much he could say if his articulation was better.

It's been raining and raining the past few days (making only a small dent in our several feet of snow), but today looks bright and sunny! And in a hopeful gesture that the snow will eventually be gone, I'm starting the whole garden in the windowsill. I do like snow, and will go snowshoeing today, but it's time for spring!
#188 of 2966 Old 04-19-2010, 06:56 PM

I started giving Royce utensils and his food on a plate just before he turned 1. He loves using utensils and can manage on his own most of the time. Sometimes he likes me to load the fork for him, but I think it's more a game then him actually needing me to do it. And he only throws the plate if he's done, usually I can tell he's done before it gets thrown (unless I'm not paying attention), or if he lifts the plate up I will take it and say 'all done'. So I think he has learned that you only lift the plate if you are all done!

AK - I hope everything gets cleared up quickly. That is one issue I haven't had to deal with - thank goodness!

Mal - that's so great that Owyn is sleeping so well! I think I'm just about ready to start night weaning. I'm getting really fed up with all the night wakings. I'm just not sure how to go about it other than with lots of crying

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#189 of 2966 Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamillet View Post
I have an eating question: Do you guys give food with plates, bowls and utensils yet?
We've been using plates and bowls since Esmé was about 6 months old. Breakable ones, actually, but like Gillian, I can tell when she's done and just take it away before any throwing action happens. Knock on wood, she hasn't ever thrown a plate or bowl.
And she uses her spoon and fork at every meal. She's getting better with the spoon and can get about 3/4 of whatever she wants into her maw with it, but her fork skills are a bit frustrating to her. She likes us to load it for her, and then she'll take it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post

Mal - that's so great that Owyn is sleeping so well! I think I'm just about ready to start night weaning. I'm getting really fed up with all the night wakings. I'm just not sure how to go about it other than with lots of crying
Me too. I've been trying to wait to give in, but that just makes for a hard night for everyone, although I did manage to console her with "Shhh, baby, night-night" a few times before finally letting her nurse at about 0330. Night weaning. So hard. I am SO READY for E to be night weaned. Can someone just pass a magic wand over her and make it so?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#190 of 2966 Old 04-20-2010, 01:18 PM

I'll take some of that magic dust this way too! I don't even know how to do it. Sheesh, this parenting stuff is hard! I think I'll reread the no cry sleep solution and give some of those ideas a try. Sleeping though the night would be amazing!!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#191 of 2966 Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM

regarding utensils and such, i have been super lazy and just put stuff on the tray or on the table. she likes to "use" a spoon but has a lot of trouble with it. the getting stuff on it, not the to the mouth bit.

she got two teeth on the sides that i didn't know where coming in. just saw them when i was flipping her upside down and eating her neck. super cool. my baby is getting so big! I also went through her old diapers to show my friend what was what and it was a little sad. That and packing her clothes up to give to another friend. The other girls clothes it's fine b/c i know I will see that stuff again, but after junes outgrows it away it goes, and there are so many memories tied to different pieces.

Nightweaning- i don't plan on night weaning until she is almost 2. she nly wakes up 1-3 times and i do't really wake up, we just kind of roll over to switch sides and keep sleeping.

#192 of 2966 Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 PM

As far as utensils, I usually just put things on the table and let her finger feed. If it's something like yogurt or applesauce, she won't even try to feed it to herself, she prefers me to feed it to her. She doesn't really like getting dirty. I'm not worried about it, it's just another thing that will come in time.

I think I can officially say Owyn is sleeping through the night.
Now, I knock on wood since I just said (wrote?) that out loud. It's been about a week now that she has slept in her crib all night. Most nights, I hear her fuss at about 4-4:30, but by the time I make it out of bed to go get her, she goes back to sleep. So, now I just lay in bed and wait to see if she is going back to sleep (which she does). Last night, I never once heard her fuss. I heard her coughing at around 5 in the morning, and she talked to herself for a few minutes, then back to sleep.

I'm really amazed that this happened all on its own. We had tried different things in the past to get her to sleep in her crib longer, quickly realizing each time that it wasn't going to work. When she first started sleeping in there at all, it was only for 1.5-2 hours. It fluctuated between that and 4-5 hours for several months. She was pretty consistently sleeping about 4 hours before she started sleeping through the night. I guess it's just something we've encouraged, but haven't had to force her to do anything she wasn't ready for. I was starting to struggle though. She would get into bed with us, nurse, and then fuss and cry for quite a while. She didn't want me to cuddle her or touch her, she didn't want me to be anywhere near her. I would eventually roll over and she'd push herself up to the very top of the bed, nestled against the headboard and go to sleep. So, in hindsight, I guess she was trying to say she didn't want to sleep with us anymore.

I have to say, I do miss snuggling with my baby now. She won't even fall asleep on my chest anymore unless she is suuuuuuper sleepy or hasn't had a good nap that day. Her daddy has been putting her to bed after I nurse her. I'm glad to have a little independence, but I do miss snuggling.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#193 of 2966 Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM

Mal: That's so awesome! Sorry about missing the snuggles. I understand. Makenna has been in her own crib since 6 months and we gave up to co-sleeping for naps a couple months ago. But lately she only naps in her crib for half hour then falls back asleep on my lap for an hour+. I miss having more time to myself during naps but I am treasuring this snuggly time while it lasts. Plus I get to sit and watch tv and veg while she naps. LOL.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#194 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mal, that's awesome.

I've still got a nurse all the time, snuggle all the time boy over here, so I'll try to enjoy it while it lasts. Mostly I do, though sometimes I do wish his daddy could put him to sleep, or that he didn't need to nurse quite so often (especially now that he's refusing the left side entirely - so it's all on my right nipple).

What are your kids latest interests/obsessions?
Katmai is still obsessed with everything that spins (for over half his life now!) - everything from tops to loose drawer knobs, to wind farms. Lately he's added a couple new secondary obsessions with moons and horses, which he points out excitedly in every picture book and in reality (moon sounds like "mun", and horse is "neigh" plus the sign). As for toys, he likes spinning things best, followed by books and balls.
#195 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM

Yeah, I'm not willing to give up cosleeping. So any sort of nightweaning I attempt will have to involve cosleeping, which I know makes it a bit trickier. But some nights I have good nights, and I think this is no big deal, I can keep doing this. But then I have a bad night and I get so frustrated! I fantasize about being able to nurse Royce in our bed, and then when he's done just say goodnight and walk away, and have him close his eyes and fall asleep until the morning. As it is I have to stay with him until he's totally asleep (which I know is pretty normal at this age), and then almost all of his night wakings require a nurse to go back to sleep, and sometimes I just don't want to anymore!!! This morning I tried to ignore him because I was DONE and he screamed and cried and carried on forever (he wouldn't let me hold him or touch him, ALL he wanted was the boob). I was completely fuming. I actually had to leave the room with him still freaking out because I was so angry. I actually went and had a shower . I know... Bad Mama And he was still freaking out, but by then I had calmed enough to at least hold him and get him to stop crying. He never actually went back to sleep, and we had a playgroup this morning that I really look forward to, but he was so tired and cranky. He's napping now though, thankfully!

Okay, that sort of turned into a vent about my crappy morning

ANYWAY, as for obsessions - he still really likes throwing things into his diaper pail. Which is funny, but also annoying when he throws clean clothes in. The other day he spent probably 30 minutes going back and forth from the bathroom closet to his diaper pail, taking 1 toiletry item at a time and tossing it in the bin. And whenever I would ask him what he was doing he would just start laughing. He thought he was pretty sneaky

Oh, and BALLS. He LOVES balls! If he sees a ball, anywhere, even if it's not a real playing ball but just something spherical, he points and wants to get it and gets so excited. He's really good at playing catch too, he has great aim and can toss it pretty far. His daddy is very athletic and I'm reasonably coordinated, so I think he'll do well in sports

Oh (one more!), he also has recently learned how to say 'cat' and 'dog' (he actually first said dog a long time ago, but is saying it consistently now). Neither word is clear, but he is consistenly making similar sounds. Anyway, so whenever he sees a cat or a dog he will point and say the appropriate word. It's pretty cute

#196 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM

Willa loves balls. Her bother plays soccer and we watch him practice and play A LOT so thats no wonder Her other fav right now is her baby stroller. She loves puching it all over the house and even more gun is chasing a dog with it. SHe actually cracks her self up chasing after one of our dogs..I need to get it on tape! Cooking and reading are still daily activities as well.
I am holding off on the night weaning until 18 months or so. She usually only nurses 2 x during the night...now that all 16 teeth are in. I was able to nightwean her brother around that age as well.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#197 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Sorry you had a crappy morning Gillian!

Fiona loves to play with her shoes and socks the most! She is forever putting on big shoes, brining me shoes to put on, pulling off socks and bringing me another pair. She often wears mismatched shoes and socks around the house! She loves to say shoes and socks too. I just pulled out some pink high top converse that my brother passed on from his DD. They fit and are so cute!!! She loves them!

She is also REALLY into saying no. She yells no when I try to wipe her nose, change her diaper, redirect her from something else... now i know i have a toddler!

#198 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Owyn's favorite thing to do right now is climb. Luckily we have the swing set all set up now, so she spends countless hours climbing up the ladder and going down the slide. She's also really into helping DH in the garden right now. He just got it planted and has been working a lot on the apple trees. She loves going out there with him and watching everything he does.

Inside, her favorite toy is her doll stroller. She does push it around from time to time, but really it works well as a ladder to get to where she really wants to go. She pushes it up to the couch, chairs, etc and uses it to climb up on things. She's also really into reading books right now. She still won't sit still to let me read to her, but she'll turn the pages and "read" out loud to herself.

She says shoes now! She really hasn't had many consistent words, so this is very exciting! She just got two new pairs of shoes and LOVES them. She'll go find her shoes and bring them to me to put on. She knows if she gets shoes on she's going to go outside!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#199 of 2966 Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM

Makenna is seriously obsessed with bubbles! She woke up from her nap today and immediately said "bubble". She says the word over and over and over all day and carries around the bubble container. She's not so into the actual bubbles as she is with dipping the wand and blowing (and eating the wand). She is also into balls and dogs and cats but nothing like this. This is crazy obsessed!

Cindy

#200 of 2966 Old 04-22-2010, 06:27 PM

I think Royce is about to have a growth spurt. He has been eating like crazy! Up until the last few days he had become quite picky and didn't eat much, but now he will take third or fourth helpings, wants snacks constantly, and has even started to sign 'eat' which he never did before. So I'm assuming some growth is coming!

I also had a funny realization today. I find that I have become so familiar with Royce's babbling and the way he communicates that it sounds normal to me - like it makes sense the same as if he were saying real words. And then every once in a while, if I'm not paying attention and all of a sudden I hear babbling, and it's this weird reminder that 'oh yeah, it's just incoherent babble'. But most of the time I don't think of it like that. Does that make sense? Anyway, I just thought it was kind of funny.

Oh, and I want to give myself a pat on the back for having a very productive day. I tidied up, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the cat litter, took out the garbage, washed a bunch of dishes, paid some bills and organized some paperwork, and am currently making homemade veggie stew with dumplings - all while taking care of a toddler. I rock

#201 of 2966 Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM

Gillian you do rock! Now I need to get off of my sitter and go do something productive!

#202 of 2966 Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Very impressive Gillian! I find my housework falling by the wayside more and more and Makenna isn't happy being confined to the safe living room anymore. That and maybe I'm getting lazier. LOL! Today I managed daiper laundry, the cat box, grocery shopping and sitting on the couch while Makenna napped on me for 2.5 hours!

Cindy

#203 of 2966 Old 04-22-2010, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Good on you mamas for being so productive!
Our house is suffering for all the nice weather. I just don't want to be inside! Plus, after a long shift at work, house-tidying is the last thing I want to do when I get home on days that I word. Thankfully, we run a pretty tight ship anyway, so it doesn't get too out of hand too quickly.

Esmé's current obsessions are things she's always been into:
  • things that she can drape dangerously around her neck, such as scarves and blankets and scraps of cloth
  • putting things into something and then taking them out, and then putting them back in again
  • our cat and dog
  • any cat or dog
  • her auntie and grandma
  • my boobs, and their whereabouts at any given time
  • books
  • my partner's wallet
  • water ... playing in it, swimming, splashing, dumping, pouring, drinking, you name it

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#204 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 12:03 AM

I'm so glad the weekend is close. I've only had one daycare kid all week and I think Owyn and her are getting on each other's nerves. All they did today was bicker with each other. And it was raining all day so we didn't get to go outside. We did have game night with our friends tonight, so that was a nice ending to the day.

I've had a pretty productive week. With 4 kids here, I never could get anything done during the day, all of it was saved for the evening after they left. But with just Owyn and one little one her age, I've been able to spread everything during the day and relax in the evening. And I've gotten Owyn's room almost totally reorganized this week. It's nice not having to do it all at once. I've had a routine of breakfast, tidying, folding laundry and a little organization in Owyn's room while the girls follow me around and play with whatever I'm doing. Then we do lunch and I sit down for a little while when they sleep. I'm getting a lot done, but in a leisurely fashion. I like it.

#205 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Gillian - you do rock!

My husband and I both work from home, and home is all one room, so juggling Katmai is kind of complicated. We have a schedule on the whiteboard to switch off every hour or two which of us is supposed to be distracting him, and which of us can put headphones on and get some computer work done. Household chores mostly fall in the times where I'm trying to entertain Katmai as well. Cleaning often falls by the wayside, but I cook a lot, have started lots of seeds for the garden, and of course we have no choice but to get wood and water. Lately Katmai has insisted on going to his grandma's for an hour or so every evening, which is helpful (he sees her come past, and cries until she takes him up to her house).

Mal and AK - can I get a bit of that shoe-loving magic this way? Katmai absolutely cannot stand to have anything (socks or shoes) on his feet. He can't get his shoes off himself, but will pull socks off within a second. He's OK once he's on my back (or walking outside, back when we were visiting somewhere not snowy), but if he's in the carseat he'll scream until the shoes come off. I ought to have stuffed him in shoes more when he was younger, I suppose.

Cindy - thanks for the bubble idea - I tried blowing bubbles for Katmai today and he had great fun popping them.
#206 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Well, it's been something like 10 nights now Owyn has slept in her crib all night. Now, I keep waking up after a 7 hour stretch of sleep and can not for the life of me get back to sleep. I do feel pretty well rested, I haven't slept that long of a stretch since mid-pregnancy. I just wish I could sleep a little more. I am not an early riser, so waking up at 5:30 in the morning sucks.

Oh and DH just left for a 4-wheeling trip all weekend. So, I'm fretting over whether or not he'll get hurt. And I've never done the parenting thing by myself for several days, so I'm a little nervous.

#207 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM

Mal, I'm sure he'll be fine! You will too. Solo parenting isn't easy but you will find the time will probably go fast because you will be so busy!

DH leaves on Monday for a conference and will be back Friday. The following Monday he leaves for another week of training. I'm glad that he will be able to come back home over the weekend though. This is my warm up for summer. He'll be gone almost all of June. Then in August, Fiona and I will spend 3 weeks with my folks. I'm hoping she is less clingy during that trip. Last time we visited (just after Christmas) she wouldn't let anyone else hold her. I figure that at 18 months she's a different girl and we will be playing outside so much it will be easier. We shall see!

#208 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Mal, I'm jealous! In my rational mind I would love Aubrey to sleep for like 5+ hours at night, in her crib, but then when she does sleep more than 2 feet away from me I can't sleep at all because I miss her. We've been left to our own devices this weekend too--Huz went hunting about six hours away. I try to tell myself that he's an adult and can take care of himself, and that I should focus my worrying on Aubs. Still worry a little though.

Quote:
I actually had to leave the room with him still freaking out because I was so angry. I actually went and had a shower . I know... Bad Mama
Nope, not a bad mama. Good that you're taking care of yourself, too! I'm glad your week improved after that. I know what ya mean about the babbling. We understand Aubs just fine, but I know she's not really saying words most of the time. Her new words are "hi," "dada" instead of baba, and "here." "Here" is funny, because she's constantly handing us things saying "here" and then taking them back. I guess I didn't realize that I say "here, look at this..." every time I try to redirect. I'm surprised she doesn't say "stop" or "ouch" yet!

She's also picked up a couple more signs--"up," "brush teeth," "all done" (which I think is really "get outta here" in ASL, but whatever), and a B- effort "please." If you're signing with your LO, have you seen this website? The author has videos of hundreds of signs. It's great.

Aubrey's primary interests right now are: music of any kind (but better if she can make it play by herself), emptying and filling things (especially if they can be rattled to make lots of noise!), cups/containers of any kind, and being outside.

We have news on the tooth-growing front! After six months of eight teeth, two molars appeared this week. It looks silly because the incisors aren't in, but after two pretty miserable days I'm glad they're through. Teeth are really overrated anyway....

#209 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Tucker is not interested in signs. He shows me what he wants--if it's a diaper change, he'll go get a new diaper. If it's water, he shakes his sippy cup. For outdoor clothes, he goes and gets them. If it's food, he grabs it off my plate! Right now, he loves balls, books, wrestling with his brother...and pretty much anything ds1 is doing, he has to do too.

Getting warmer out here...I even saw a mosquito the other day! Eep.

Mal, you'll be fine. It will go by fast if you keep yourself busy. My main prob when dp is gone is letting the dishes and cleaning pile up, til I have to do a "super clean" the weekend before he gets back...and he still complains.

Mckittre, could you get a local, perhaps homeschooled child to come over and play with Katmai for 2-3 hours outside every afternoon?

Ok, I'm being lazy, time to start thinking about dinner!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#210 of 2966 Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 PM

My DH will be gone tomorrow through Sunday at a bachelor party. I hate staying alone over night but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm a bit jealous that DH can go out and do something fun and be out for so long. Not that I have anything like this to do or really want to be away from DD overnight but it would be nice to maybe have the option. Maybe not. I find it harder to fill time on the weekend bc there are no story times and the other fun things are too crowded. Plus all my errands are already done. I think I may hit an earth day festival at the farmer's market tomorrow. It's suppose to be in the low 70s here. Yay! Today was gorgeous and we had fun at the discovery museum. It's right under the golden gate bridge across from san francisco with awesome views and some greats indoor and outdoor exploration for little ones.

Thanks for the signing site JustKate. We go to weekly ASL class and Makenna does use a lot of signs but lately the new signs are mostly accompanied by the verbal word anyway. So a lot of times she walks around saying the word and doing the sign at the same time. It is helpful though when she is using a word that sounds like another of her words...like apple...she says "bapple" which also sounds like "bubble". But she usually does the sign for apple too.

Cindy

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page