February 09 mamas - they're not babies anymore! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2966 Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Taking the plunge and moving us over to toddlers!

Katmai just had his first visit to the zoo today - great fun, and he loved the animals, but I think he found the strollers that other kids were being pushed in almost as interesting.

He still won't take more than a step or two, but will stand all day. He has always refused to walk with a hand held - it's by himself or nothing.
#2 of 2966 Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well here we are in toddler-land, I guess it's official!

After my last post Royce seemed a bit better (I got him to eat something and play for a while). But now he's sleepy and fussy and fevering again I've given him some homepathic cold medicine for babies, but I'm wondering if maybe he needs something stronger. I feel so bad for him, he's so sad

McKittre - Oh I'm jealous of your zoo trip! This past weekend I was visiting my mom and there is a zoo in her town, but it rained all weekend so we didn't go. I'll be back there for Easter so hopefully the weather will cooperate.

This week I'm getting my bike out of storage and going to get a bike seat for Royce! I am sooo excited. I had planned on getting a trailer but I'm living in an apartment and realized my bike+trailer wouldn't fit in the elevator or in my storage closet. So I think I'll be getting the weeride seat, as long as it will work with my bike. I really really can't wait

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#3 of 2966 Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 PM

subbing in
Gillian I hope Royce is better soon. Delia has a wicked cough and rattly breathing and a mild fever on and off. She's so cranky and I'm giving her tylenol before bed because she just keeps waking up crying. I've also been feeding her raw garlic which she actually doesn't mind. I hate working when she's sick it sucks!

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#4 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 AM

no way. nope. not a toddler here. nuh-uh. toddlers are big. much older than our babies.

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#5 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 AM

Joining to gang here from babeland.

Miles just turned one and is one mischievious little monkey! His latest thing is hiding things like his shoes in places I swear is the black hole because I can't ever find them again. A former bath-liker now thinks he's being tortured in the tub. Hope this is a real short phase!
He's a full time walker now and its a lot of fun and he comes up with so many ways to keep me on my toes. A late crawler (10.5 mos) I thought he'd crawl for a while before walking but here's another way our little ones will do what they will when they will.

Hope all the sickie little ones feel better soon!

Mary

[FONT="Tahoma"][B]Mary:::, mommy to Devon girl: 3.30.2006 and Smile Miles 2.24.2009, a funky little monkey!
#6 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 AM

Wow, I'm kind of amazed to be over here in toddler-land. It's so strange how she's gotten so big and I still see her as that newborn baby in my mind. Will it always be that way?

We just got back from a 4-day trip visiting friends. We took the Amtrak, it was about a 3.5 hour ride. She was so funny when the train first took off. She was looking around like she didn't know what was going on, then I pointed out the window for her and she just squealed and screamed and jumped up and down in her seat. She thought that was the coolest thing ever. Almost all the way to our destination, she'd point out the window and jabber away like she was telling me about everything she saw. Too funny!

We went swimming this weekend, which was another thing she thought was the coolest thing ever. We haven't gone since last summer, so I wondered what she would think of it. She loved it! She even put her own head under the water several times, she loves it! Our ride home wasn't quite as successful. With the time change this weekend, she was thrown off and super tired by the time we got on the train, but too distracted to fall asleep. She finally passed out about an hour from our stop.

She's working on getting some molars right now. Her back gums are super swollen, they're getting really close. Surprisingly, she's handled it really well. I was expecting the molars to be toughies for us, but she hasn't seemed to notice them so far.

ETA: I hear you on the hiding of things. Owyn's new favorite thing to do is throw things in the trash can. Shoes, socks, toys. You name it, they go into the trash! I've been trying to give her actual trash to throw away so she learns what belongs in there. We'll see if it works.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#7 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Junes loves the zoo, we got a pass for the one down the street..ooh my friend is here, bbl

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#8 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Well here we are! This really makes me want another baby now! lol

Miss Fiona is in a biting phase. A biting Mama phase I should say. My nipple, my shoulder, my leg... but mostly my nipple. It sucks so bad. She did this when she first got her teeth at 4 months but we've had a resurgance of it. I just pop her off the boob, yell no, that hurts Mama and set her down and walk away. It may be working because yesterday we had no biting. DH tells her gentle to Mama, gentle to NuNu. You made Mama sad. She'll sign gentle back to him, come find me and give me kisses. I just hope that this is over soon. I really was crying the other day... more from frustration but I think that may have helped the situation actually. I'd like to blame teething on this but who knows...

Oooh the zoo! I have a trip planned to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle when we are in the area this summer. I'll be down there for 3 weeks following a week in Ohio. My mom is pretty excited to bring her and see what she thinks. Should be a blast!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#9 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 08:21 PM

Thursday - you have a zoo down the street!!! Now THAT I am jealous of!

AK - I remember somebody saying once that babies often bite their mamas because they have so much love for them that it's overwhelming and they don't know how to express it other than to bite. Because they love you and they want you and they just have to have you right now. But I'm sure it must be frustrating! Royce bites a bit but just when he's overtired. I hope you are able to show Fiona some gentler ways of showing her love

Mal - glad your trip went well! I would love to take Royce for a train trip, I think it would be fun. Maybe when he's a bit older though.

Royce is doing much better today, his nose is still really snotty, and it's really red and sore from me constantly cleaning it up But his mood is improved, he's happy and playing again!

#10 of 2966 Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
I remember somebody saying once that babies often bite their mamas because they have so much love for them that it's overwhelming and they don't know how to express it other than to bite. Because they love you and they want you and they just have to have you right now. But I'm sure it must be frustrating! Royce bites a bit but just when he's overtired. I hope you are able to show Fiona some gentler ways of showing her love
That makes sense. I baby sit my nephew (18 months old). He's a biter/pincher/hitter. But you can tell it's out of excitement and sometimes love. He gives hugs, but gets too excited and starts pinching while giving a hug. Same with kisses turning into bites. Hard to be upset with him when it's obvious he just wants to show some love but doesn't quite understand what's appropriate, ya know.

Owyn has bitten me while nursing and sometimes on the shoulder when she's overtired. I did much the same as you, AK. I put her down and said, very firmly, "No no, that hurts Mommy." If she really wanted to nurse, she'd get upset and cry for me. If she was done (because she'd often do it when she was either done and just playing or was falling asleep at the breast), then she'd just go on to something else. Luckily, she learned pretty quick and doesn't really bite anymore.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#11 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 AM

Makenna took a big poop in the tub tonight! Ewww! It was bad too!! LOL!

Makenna's top teeth are just now growing in. Or 1 is. The other has barely popped through. She was bititng a little yesterday when she was sleeping and slipping off. I'm afraid of a full on bite! Sounds awful!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#12 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

So here we are in toddlerland ... wow.

Esmé just popped her first tooth! We were at an orientation meeting for another co-op, and she was nursing and popped off, giving me a view of her upper gums, and there it was, a wedge of upper front tooth! She's not going to need dentures after all (kidding ... kidding ...)!

I'm working more, and it's going okay for Esmé. I think I miss her more than she misses me. I hand express whenever I can, and nurse as soon as I walk in the door. She spent the day with grandma yesterday and they both had a great time. I'm glad she's attached to a few other people, as well as me. She's always happy to go to her auntie and her grandma, and both DP and I.

Esmé starts her SECOND set of swim lessons next month! She did the first set when she was 5 months old, so this is the next level. She's a fish! She loves the water, and can blow bubbles, jump in off the side, and dunk her head with glee.

I had to say no to a book tour (one of my book was nominated for an award) because I wasn't able to take Esmé with me, nor my mom to look after her while I did the author presentations (did I mention that I'm an author as well as paramedic? If not ... I'm dishin' the scoop now). I'm disappointed about that, but am not prepared to leave her for a week. No way, no chance. I hope it doesn't hurt my chances of winning, though! Just the thought of even one night away from Esmé makes my heart wince!

Best wishes and healing vibes to all the sickies!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#13 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 PM

Hooray for Esme's first tooth!!! And a top one at that! I hope your book can still win Starling. I could never leave my baby for a week!!! What a horrible thought. My friend went to Mexico and left her 4 month old for 3 nights..I couldn't believe it! She weaned before she went. I felt so bad for the baby - though I hear she did pretty well.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#14 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Starling, that's too bad they wouldn't let you take Esme! (I say as I'm dragging my kid and husband around on book tour right now). I hope you win anyway!

Katmai just got his 5th tooth, and is drooling enough that #6 should not be far behind.

Mary - Katmai suddenly turned afraid of the water as well. Used to like baths, used to like the pool, now wants nothing to do with it. All that taking him to the pool to get him used to the water didn't pay off at all... Hope it's a short phase.
#15 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM

Woohoo for new teeth! In my experience biting hasn't been too bad. It mainly just startles me, and then I unlatch and say 'no biting' or 'biting means all done with nursing'. He doesn't do it too often anymore, well he never was too bad with it. And it happens when he's overtired or fussy or at the end of nursing when he is all done anyway.

I also can't imagine leaving Royce overnight. I have never left him for more then about 3 hours My dad was telling me about one of his employees who went away for a weekend with his wife and left the baby (7-8 months old, I think?) and how nice it was for them, and I should do something for myself. That does not sound like a fun weekend for me, I wouldn't enjoy myself at all. But I am starting to leave him more and more for a few hours at a time. It's nice to get out...and then come home and sleep cuddled with my baby

Starling - I knew you were also an author so you must have mentioned it at some point! I hope you book wins Are you a children's author? Or am I just making that up?

Cindy - Oh my gosh! Royce hasn't pooped in the tub since he was maybe a couple months old. And then it was just breastmilk poop so it could go down the drain. If he pooped now it would need to be scooped out - yuck!! But he has pretty noticeable signs for his poops so I doubt I would miss that happening for him!

We are having GORGEOUS weather here and it has been wonderful!! Today we get the bike set up and go for Royce's first bike ride! I am so so so excited

#16 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I hope Royce is feeling even better today. I bought the Nose Frida after Fiona's last cold. It's awesome! You all should check it out. She's had a runny nose since that cold and the nosefrida totally worked and she laughed while I used it. The soft landing has a demonstration video...

Well, we have been bite free for two days now. I don't want to jinx myself but I do think that she is starting to understand. I sure hope so anyway.

Congratulations on the award nomination Starling! That is awesome. I would not have left Esmé to go on tour either. I don't blame you one bit! Let us know how it goes with the award!!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#17 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Hey everyone! Eliza is definitely a toddler now. I keep forgetting she is only 12 months old! She's been walking everywhere for a month, and she plays right along with her older brothers (3 and 5.) She even has her own foam sword, now (sword fights are the boys' favorite game!) She has started climbing, too, which I could REALLY do without, seriously!

She also started opening cupboards and drawers and emptying them . . . sigh . . . so we have started installing those door/drawer catches everywhere she can reach. Oh, and the throwing things away? Check! Ugh! Our trash can is usually out in her reach and sometimes I have to set it in the sink to keep it away from her. I do enlist her help in throwing things away for me when it's appropriate, though, and she LOVES that. She also is a big helper for flushing the toilet.

She "talks" a lot, too, and very confidently. Usually it's just baby babble but she throws "real" words in there, too. The other day she said "What's that?" for the first time and it just blew me away.

She LOVEs reading and will just cry when I can't read to her right away, or if we read one of the boys' books first. I am trying not to spoil her anymore than she already is, lol. IE, if I'm reading to the boys I'm not going to stop and read her book just because she's crying! But it does complicate things. Trying to read the book and stopping every page to reassure Eliza that her turn is next . . .

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#18 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 02:03 PM

OMG poop in the tub. Ugh. Thankfully the one time it happened it was just a squirt! That might be something Baba would have to handle if it got any worse.

I TOO LOVE the nose frida. Aubs had constant ear infections and colds from six months on, and since we started using the nose frida she hasn't had one ear infection. Might just be a coincidence, but I'm sold! Love it love it love it. She HATES IT, so I have to hold her down to use it, but 1 minute of torture every night is better than days of pain from an ear infection!

Aubs still bites me, but not while nursing. She bites when she's tired (my shoulders, legs, belly) and when she gives kisses (mouth wide open, coming at my face). We're trying to learn to be gentle but its really not working. Interestingly, she doesn't bite Huz. Not sure what's up with that.

Can you all believe we're in TODDLERS ALREADY!?

#19 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Gillian: I'm in the same boat as you. A couple of hours here or there is all that I have left Fiona. I'm actually more comfortable with it now and I've only left her with DH. A whole weekend (or even day!) does not appeal to me but I have enjoyed having an hour or two here or there. I'm trying to do it a bit more to recharge. Especially before summer when DH will be gone. He'll be fishing (research not commercial) for a month and has to leave town for a few weeks before that. Anyhow...getting some Mama time in while I can!

#20 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 04:45 PM

I left Owyn with DH for a weekend when she was 8 months old. I thought it would be much harder than it actually was. I didn't sleep well, which sucks because a full night's sleep is what I was looking forward to, but oh well. She did really great for him. It always surprises me when I leave her with someone that she survives. I mean, that other people are able to meet her needs and she lets them do that. I anticipate it being much worse than it ever is. We have no gone on a trip together leaving her with anyone. DH's parents would be the only people I'd trust with that job at this age, and they've said they don't want to do that until she's nightweaned, which I totally get. I don't want to leave her with anyone besides DH until she is at least nightweaned. And my luck, baby #2 will be soon after that, so we'll just start all over.

I have a friend due with a baby in May and she just informed me that she is going to quit her job to be a SAHM (maybe baby sit a kid or two) after the baby is born. I'm super excited for her, plus it may bring about an opportunity for me. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow about her job. She works as a librarian about 15 minutes away from where I live. I'm feeling the itch to do something different. I wish I could just be a SAHM, but I know we can't make that work financially. I'm just burnt out on caring for so many kids all the time and we can't afford for me to cut back right now either. I was hoping to get the business going outside of the home, but the two people that were going to do it with me are both expecting babies right now, so it's on hold for now. So, I'm thinking a job outside the home might be a good thing while I'm waiting to have #2 and waiting for the others to be ready to start our business. And with my friend staying at home, I may have a great place for Owyn to stay. She's very into AP as well and cooks almost all organically, she's super sweet and probably the most patient person I know. So I know she would be so good for Owyn.

I don't know, I just found all this out recently and the idea of the job just came to me today. So, it's nothing serious, just something to consider. I know something needs to change soon though. I was telling DH I feel like I've been in a bad mood since Christmas. My temper is short and I just feel like I'm not doing my best anymore and can't seem to muster the motivation to do better. I thought our long weekend would help, but I'm still feeling burnt out even right after we got home.

#21 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
I don't know, I just found all this out recently and the idea of the job just came to me today. So, it's nothing serious, just something to consider. I know something needs to change soon though. I was telling DH I feel like I've been in a bad mood since Christmas. My temper is short and I just feel like I'm not doing my best anymore and can't seem to muster the motivation to do better. I thought our long weekend would help, but I'm still feeling burnt out even right after we got home.
I know exactly how you feel! Caring for other people kids is such hard work. It may be as simple as not wanting to do the dinner dishes till the next day because you are tired. You can't though because you have kids and parents coming in the morning. Or your own kid is having an off day but you have all of these other children to care for so you don't feel like you can make the adjustments to your day that she needs. Hang in there Mal! Can you take a "spring break"? Just be at home for a week with Owyn? As fun as travel is, it is also stressful at times. Maybe a week to yourselves would help you get through.

#22 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
I know exactly how you feel! Caring for other people kids is such hard work. It may be as simple as not wanting to do the dinner dishes till the next day because you are tired. You can't though because you have kids and parents coming in the morning. Or your own kid is having an off day but you have all of these other children to care for so you don't feel like you can make the adjustments to your day that she needs. Hang in there Mal! Can you take a "spring break"? Just be at home for a week with Owyn? As fun as travel is, it is also stressful at times. Maybe a week to yourselves would help you get through.
Exactly. Everything you said. I just feel like I never get a break because I have all these kids here all day, and when they leave I still have Owyn to take care of. And I want to be the best mom possible for her which is hard when I'm so exhausted at the end of the day. I guess that wouldn't change much if I was working a full day and coming home to her at night, who knows? I've had this itch before and it passed, so I keep waiting for this to pass too, just seems like it's lasting forever.

#23 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Wow toddler land! Delia's not toddling yet so I don't quite feel that I am there yet but it's coming very soon. I know I need a career change but right now in my profession the all days rotation is not really available in other areas. I'm just not sure I want to go back to shift work. I thought about cutting down to part time but then decided against it because if we decide to have another baby I want my full maternity benefits. I think I am just going to take a couple days off without pay here and there especially on weekends so we get more family time.

Biting.... ouchie yeah I'm experiencing it too when she is done nursing so I often pop her off as soon as the sucking stops preemptively because I'm afraid of the bite.

I might be going out to some premiere's dinner with my hubby for work tonight but my bf is still in the hospital with her babe who had hyperbilirubinemia really bad. He also had group B strep in his urine even though she tested negative. I haven't been to see them in a couple days and she sounds really down. I've been so busy today my house is a mess and I have no motivation to clean it because I don't want to wake Delia. She's having a super long nap and she slept really crappy last night so she needs it. I went to see my cousin's wife and their new baby today to give some breastfeeding support and he is jaundiced too. So now I'm headed back up there tommorow to check on them.

I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed ugh! Delia has finally stopped coughing and is now just a little snotty.

I hope my sitter doesn't get burnt out watching my kids. I don't know how I'd cope without her. I don't know how she does it as it is. I couldn't I know that.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#24 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Starling - I knew you were also an author so you must have mentioned it at some point! I hope you book wins Are you a children's author? Or am I just making that up?
Sort of ... novels for teenagers. Good memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
I hope my sitter doesn't get burnt out watching my kids. I don't know how I'd cope without her. I don't know how she does it as it is. I couldn't I know that.
I don't know how you mamas who take in other kids do it either ... you're truly superwomen! Supermamas!

Yeah, no way no how could I leave my little one for even one night, which is why I haven't gone full time yet. Need to nightwean first!
I've just found out that I'm not getting an extension from the ambulance for getting my Intravenous starts requirement even though I was on maternity leave for the entire reporting period (all of 2009), so I'm scrambling to get them done by the end of the month. Easiest way is to go to Whistler and poke all the healthy young men who've broken bones on the ski hill. So I'm booking a hotel for the weekend and bringing E with me, as well as my sister as babysitter. Nope, can't leave her. Just too long, even a weekend. Ah well, we'll make a fun weekend of it!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#25 of 2966 Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 PM

to those feeling burnt out, I've been there and it sucks! I've been doing a lot better lately though, really enjoying parenting, and being more patient with Royce. And feeling good about myself, that makes such a difference!

Mal - I have no personal experience, but I really think that a 'regular' job would be less stressful and leave you with more to give at the end of the day than daycare does. With a regular job you get coffee breaks, and lunch break, and you get to leave the work behind you at the end of the day. I can definitely see how daycare would be physically and emotionally exhausting!

#26 of 2966 Old 03-18-2010, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mal - I think it might well be easier to have an outside job than to have a pile of kids around. And if you think you want to make a change, I think it's better to go for it than to feel burnt out and keep wondering.

Katmai's just started to take a few more steps - maybe 5 at a time? I might have a toddler after all pretty soon here.

Still waiting on those first words though (or at least waiting for words I can recognize - who knows what he thinks he's saying)... Anyone else have a baby that's still not talking?

My husband and I just gave a presentation to around 40 people for an hour, and Katmai crawled around mostly quietly and mostly without getting into trouble the whole time! I was very impressed, and can only hope he'll do the same in future.
#27 of 2966 Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post

Still waiting on those first words though (or at least waiting for words I can recognize - who knows what he thinks he's saying)... Anyone else have a baby that's still not talking?
We don't really have words yet either. She says Uh-oh. And sometimes she says Hi, but only to little babies and animals. It's funny, she gets up in their face and goes "Hiiiiiii!". But other than that, no talking. I can't wait until she finds her words, maybe then I can redirect the whining a little better.

My friend is coming over tonight to do a one year screening on Owyn (she works for our local Parents as Teachers too). So I plan to find out all I can from her about her job at the library. I'm not sure it would even pay enough since I would then have to start paying for daycare, but I think it's worth looking into.

#28 of 2966 Old 03-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Eliza threw up five times last night! And at least twice were right on me. I got only a couple teeny cat naps, almost no sleep at all.

Oh, but her latest word is her own name! It sounds like "I- YI- za" So cute and she repeats it a lot!

Right now she's crying in my arms, though, because she wants to nurse and I'm trying to give her tummy a break. Every time I've nursed her she throws up.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#29 of 2966 Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 AM

With DS I worked at a daycare until he was 3 yo. The first year we were together and then in different rooms after that. It is hard cause you get litlle down time without kids! I would not have traded those first two years though!
Willa only has a few words and a few signs but she understands everything!

Ds's soccer season has started and it has been a real challenge. He is on a competitive team as well as a rec team this year which means 3 nights of practice and games on both sat and sun! I have always enjoyed watching him play but it is very difficult keeping Willa entertained. Ughh!

I am loving toddlerhood! It is so fun to see her personality developing and the differences between her and her brother.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#30 of 2966 Old 03-18-2010, 02:18 PM

hiding things-check. i find all sorts of strange things in strange places. I found an apple in the washing machine, luckily it idn't get washed. LOL.

the zoo down the street is nice, i need to take the girls again soon. somehow my day while the older two are in school seems to trickle away quite quickly.

i can see how having a daycare would drain you. I helped when my oldest was in preschool and after a day of that i just wanted a break afterwords, even from my own girl. I discovered that just wasn't my calling.

we don't have much in the way of words, she has said some words but she hardly uses them again, nothing is consistent.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page