20mth old in a bed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi i am new to this forum been posting in TTC and Nov 2010 due date club.

I thought I come here and ask for tips, my 20mth dd who is very tall realized she can just throw her leg over the crib and worm her way down the side.

She just wont sleep in out bed with us unless she woken in the middle of the night.

I was given a nice toddler bed and was thinking y not try it with her as we have a new baby due in Nov. Gives me a ton of time to potty train and ger her in a bed I hope.

I am so nervous for her to be in room in a bed, i am not sure she will sleep or just play , any tips of suggestions please......

Mommy to AnnaLee Betty Born July 4th 2008
and my Fur Baby Natasha my Great Dane Boxer
#2 of 6 Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Our son is 22 months old now & he has been in a toddler bed with a side guard since last august... I had the same fears as you at first too, but I quickly realised how nice it was that he did have that tiny bit of extra independence... when he wakes up he doesnt have any type of "oops trapped again" feeling... he just wakes himself up and 9 times out of 10 taps on our door between his room & ours and says WAKEUP!! And the other days he just starts playig without us... I think he sees the blankets as almost as much as a barrier that says "stay in" as crib walls were... Of course we did put a drop latch on the other door out of his room to the livingroom so he HAS to come through our room if he wants to get out... This makes us feel a lot safer that he doesn't have free run of the house... & his room & our room are 100% kid proof.... so that makes it safe if he does manage to wander out of his room without waking us up right away...

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
#3 of 6 Old 03-28-2010, 06:56 PM

My 19month old has been in a toddler bed since he was 17 months old and climbed out of his crib. He has fallen out of bed a couple of times, even with the rail up but for the most part he's been ok. I did move the bed into my bedroom so now when he wakes up he just comes over to my bed and put him in with me.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 6 Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

FunkSoulMommy sounds like our homes are simialar, my DD has a door to our room and one to the hallway. Great idea.

AKA_PI 0 thanks for the thought I think that might be a good start by putting her bed in our room.

Ladies thank you so much for sharing.

#5 of 6 Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 AM

Youre very welcome, on a side note, I don't know if you are a fan of cosleeping or not, but if so, this setup has GREATLY improved my NO SNUGGLE NO WAY babies attitude about crawling in bed with the mommas... He snuggled with me for almost 2 hours this morning!!!!

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
#6 of 6 Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha I am all about the snuggling, and i would love to co sleep but she just wont have it
But i am willing to try for extra snuggles thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page