good bib (for mealtime) suggestion | x-post LWAB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-10-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - I usually post in LWAB, but DS is getting closer & closer to Toddling . . . & I thought this question might get more appropriate answers here.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a bib that stays on, is easy to clean, & keeps messes contained?

I loved this bib, until DS learned that he could pull it off, and does at every meal.

We have some of these bibs, but I they get a yucky smell after awhile - maybe I'm not washing them properly? I wash them in warm water with dish soap & air dry.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Thanks!!

Erin - mama to my happy little guy, born April 09  kewl.gif

and my sweet baby, born July 12  babygirl.gif

#2 of 8 Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 PM

We like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Bumkins-Waterp...937661&sr=8-12

and have used it almost since dd was eating. She's now 2 and 3 months and it's held up well. We have two and machine wash sometimes (when I remember or it gets really nasty) but mostly it just goes into the sink before the dishes. I don't like the full sleeve one - it's too constricting -- and the one without any sleeves gets pulled right off. This one it took her a while before she could get it off herself. It's still waterproof after about a year and a half of use.
#3 of 8 Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 PM

I love these full sleeve bibs from Ikea. Without a full sleeve, DS's shirt sleeves get covered in food. And I've never found them to be too constricting. I have 4 of them and just wash them in the sink with the dishes, and when they start to get stinky I put them in the laundry. We've been using them since he started solids at 6 months and they are still good! Plus they are super cheap!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#4 of 8 Old 04-10-2010, 10:17 PM

The baby bjorn (your first link. The one your son keeps pulling off) is by far the best bib I ever bought. We have 2 now and threw out all others. They are just the best as far as cleanup and durability. Better than the kiddopatomus knock-off, too. I have found all others to be just yucky.

That being said, DD pulls off the bib as well.

um... welcome to toddlerhood?
#5 of 8 Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 PM

I was going to suggest Googoo baby bibs, but if your son can pull off the Baby Bjorn ones, I don't know if they'll work for you... Thought I'd still throw it out there though.

- C reading.gif + Tsuperhero.gif = DS 08/08 bouncy.gif  DD 02/12 angel.gif and D? praying.gif sometime around March 16/2014 

#6 of 8 Old 04-11-2010, 12:06 AM

I use big ol' dish towels. DD mostly leaves them alone. They lay flat so they don't bother her and they cover her upper arms. She didn't like the baby Bjorn because it was in her way.

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
#7 of 8 Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemenope View Post
um... welcome to toddlerhood?
Yep, I think this is it!

I tried the washer/dryer on the stinky bibs - I added baking soda to the washer - & now they don't stink! So, if that lasts, we're OK for awhile. But, if the stink comes back, I'll be using some of your suggestions!!

Thanks for all the replies - now, I have to go see what mischief my toddler/babe is getting into!

Erin - mama to my happy little guy, born April 09  kewl.gif

and my sweet baby, born July 12  babygirl.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-16-2014, 01:48 AM

Good bib for mealtime? I think I have found that bib already. I have tried all kinds/type of bibs but still they didn't work except for these bibs that I have now. These bibs are good for mealtime because it has pocket that will catch all those food that will drop down the floor and into little ones cloth. It has an adjustable neck, so baby won't feel uncomfortable wearing it because you can simple adjust it's neck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page