Punching bag... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I have recently become friends with another couple who we really get along with really well and we have toddlers who are the exact same age. Great right? Wrong... Their toddler is going through a hitting/pushing stage whereas ours just happens to be very gentle/sensitive. I agree with their parenting style, I just think their kid is going through a stage, but, what do we do when our kid is always getting abused by this other child? We have tried many approaches and nothing seems to help. Dh doesn't think that this is very damaging to DS, but I think we should start limiting the amount of time we hang out together. FYI, we have recently begun trading babysitting with each other and it is really rough... I don't want to offend them, but I don't think it's fair to have our child serve as a punching bag while their child is going through a phase. Am I the one overreacting here? Is this just what toddlers have to go through? Suggestion? Similar situations?

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

User Tag List