Help! Sleep issues. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is 11 months (birthday on 5/19). She had colic and has always been a really light sleeper. Thankfully now the colic has been over, and she sleeps "through the night".
But she hardly naps. She's to the point where she still is sleepy/fussy both morning and afternoon, but will only nap one or the other. I put her in her crib when she's really sleepy, and she will either play, fuss, or scream. The screaming is obviously what really gets to me! But then, if she doesn't fall asleep, she ends up falling asleep briefly while nursing. The problem with that is that if that happens in the morning, then no matter how short the nap is, she won't take an afternoon nap.
Yesterday she only napped 20 minutes for the entire day! Then since she skipped her afternoon nap, she fell asleep nursing right before bed. I can't transfer her without her waking up, so she woke up and then wouldn't go to sleep for another 2.5 hours.
Also, she is still a really light sleeper. We have a sound machine in her room turned all the way up, and we have to tiptoe around the house and whisper while she's in bed.

What should I do about these nap issues??? Help!
Jessica

User Tag List