MAY we have a Happy Spring please?? - September '07 Mamas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 90 Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeanine People can be so cruel and ignorant. Stick to your guns mama!! You had your kiddos so you could be with them and raise them – not ship them off for someone else to do those jobs. You’re an amazing mama for all that you do

Well this new little nursling is a funny one...he "plays" when he first goes to latch until I let down. Then he refuses to latch until I stop "spraying". Wow...he just turned 3 weeks today and he already figured out that he doesn't want milk spurting down his throat. If only the older one had done that, maybe he wouldn't have had to be medicated for reflux?? Live and learn I guess!! I have to figure a way to "catch" all the wasted milk though - that part drives me nuts. I already have a freezer full, but I have so much anxiety about running out when I go back to work.

DS1 has such a fresh mouth lately. Anyone else having this issue? In the diner today at lunch he screamed at me "I am not talking to you anymore!! I don't like the way you're speaking to me!!" He was repeating the second part (I had just said it at a much lower volume). What gives????

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#2 of 90 Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM

I promised a dress picture but I haven't been able to take one yet. The one I bought isn't online, but it is way sexier than what I was planning on getting. It is flattering though, has a cross back and is sort of Grecian in the way it drapes, has a heavily beaded v-neck . The dress I really wanted wasn't in the store to try on, so I'm thinking of ordering it and trying it and bringing one back. This is the one I'm thinking of ordering.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 90 Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Katie, that is gorgeous!!!

Jess, so glad he's at least figuring out what he likes and sounds like he's nursing well! I would guess Marty's still dealing with adjusting... It can take some time!

I'm trying to survive and not die from stress. Ugh. Trying to get this house ready to show (which is extremely sloooooooow), and get all the stuff done for the new house (which is tedious and overwhelming). Good grief.

We did go visit the model of the new house again, and really, really liked it (again). Very happy with that choice. Now I just need divine wisdom for making all of the choices on what goes IN the house. Yikes.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#4 of 90 Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 AM

Katie-Love the dress!!

Jess-I am loving all pics on FB of the nursling...sweet smiles already. And yes, Lucy has had a very fresh mouth lately too...some of the things that come out of her mouth shock me and I have to sit there and go "do I really say that?" The other day we were in the parking lot and I had to stomp on the brakes as a lady stepped infront of the car. From the back seat comes..."stupid....lady" I quickly explained that yes, it wasn't smart to walk in front of the car...but it isn't nice to say things like that. Needless to say...I am watching my mouth

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#5 of 90 Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Jess, Aili used to get sprayed in the face by the Mama sprinkler. Now, she's cut back a lot on the milka milk. Every couple of weeks, she'll go almost 48 hours without any and what's weird is that my body doesn't end up feeling uncomfortable.

Katie, I'm sure that you'd be spectacular in that dress, so elegant.

Heather, I wish you a really quick, pain-free house sale. I would not want to be dealing with that, but picking out new stuff for your new house isn't "Yikes!"-worthy; that's the fun part.

Michelle, I know what you mean about watching what you say. Aili drops something on the floor or has trouble fitting a peg into its hole or something of that sort and says, "Aw, crap-it!" This is her mix of "crap" and "d***n it," but at least she is saying it in the proper context and she's not using "Firetruck!" like my dh.

Aili is super duper independent lately, going to the bathroom, sometimes wanting the door shut, washing her own hands, but she does like to flush several times and will lick her hands on purpose so she can say that she has to wash them.
#6 of 90 Old 05-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
and will lick her hands on purpose so she can say that she has to wash them.
Jamison likes to go outside to get her feet dirty so she can have a bath. Sometimes she'll just claim they're dirty in an attempt to get a bath. (Sounds like I need to bathe the kids more often )

She told me the other day "There's crap in my shoe!" Definitely not the worst she could say, but still - don't say that in public, honey. She's also getting over a phase of calling everyone and everything "stupid".

That's a pretty dress. I can't wait for pix of it/them on you.

Mama to three  
#7 of 90 Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Is it right to be sad because I see 80% of Sept '07 mommas already had another baby?

I miss babies. I was just packing up Emma's infant clothes for a pregnant friend of mine...oh the bibs, the booties, and tiny blankets she used to swim in

but this IUD is here to stay for another year at least.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#8 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 02:35 AM

Happy Mother's Day, mamas!

I hope everyone had a very nice day. I'm still waiting for Judah to sleep... Then I will sleep, too, and call it a good day!

Bettina, it's totally normal, I think, to feel sad! I have had trouble with wishing for another for quite a while. Of course, at this point, we know that little one will be here before too long, but there were times when I had a rough time knowing it wasn't time yet.

Anyone else dealing with aggressive 2yos? Judah is capable of being entirely sweet and asking for things nicely. He's also just as likely to walk up to his brothers and beat on them until they give up their toys. I do remember G having some issue with hitting, and I know I would hold his hands and talk to him about having nice hands, until he was ready to be sweet. And it was pretty short-lived. But I'm not feeling like I know what to do with Judah. Maybe because his actions are so often towards the other boys and NOT where I am? Like they're playing in their room or whatever... I'm not RIGHT there to get his attention and hold his hands, etc. Then, of course, the big boys feel like they have some license to be rough back. Any wisdom, dear mamas?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#9 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Want to hear something funny?

Guess who was supposed to be visited by the AF fairy and is now officially late? Guess who was also using condoms AND charting

Should I even be surprised at this point, given our track record? It's like my body is laughing at me for even trying to prevent pregnancy. My husband has been home just over a whole two weeks, for pete's sake. I'm sure AF can still arrive, but my cycle is like clock work and usually comes either the night of the 8th or the morning of the 9th so this isn't typical. I'm not unhappy about it, it isn't optimal but it never is and I will feel blessed all the same. It's funny because I was just thinking "hmm, maybe we should try for another baby in the fall?"

I ovulated around the same time as always and have a short luteal phase, but what throws me off is the fact that I had mild fertility signs and then cramping (not typical ovulation pain), so I'm not exactly sure when conception could have even taken place. I guess I'll have to take a test eventually and figure it all out.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#10 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM

Two tests were negative, so hmmm...? I guess I'll wait a day or two and test again? This has never happened to me before.

#11 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Could be the stress and whatnot is messing with your cycle? I had a super short LP the month before I got pg. Apparently it's not totally unheard of to have changes.

Will be excited to hear what the next few days bring!

#12 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Could be the stress and whatnot is messing with your cycle? I had a super short LP the month before I got pg. Apparently it's not totally unheard of to have changes.

Will be excited to hear what the next few days bring!
It's certainly possible but it's never happened before. I'm fairly certain that I did ovulate but not sure exactly when, anywhere from the 27th to the 4th is what I'm thinking. I had fertile CM during that period. I had period like cramps on the 3rd or 4th according to DH's memory. We had sex mid-last week during what I "thought" was my safe period without a condom. It's possible that it's still too early to test depending on when conception occurred, but that would mean I ovulated REALLY late in my cycle. My LP is usually 10 days or less. My cycle has been so odd since it started again, my cycle is about 30-31 days and fertility hasn't always been as easy to track, AF itself is short but heavy. Still, it has been like clock work.

I've been feeling really nauseous since last night so it could be sickness (or pregnancy sickness) throwing things off. I was actually dry heaving this morning. My stomach is also acting up. I'll try testing again tomorrow.

#13 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM

I would be totally happy for you

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#14 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 PM

totally on the edge of my seat, katie.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#15 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Still no AF. So I would have to think at this point that I ovulated later in my cycle than normal, or something is really, really off. I feel cramp-like twinges off and on, that isn't typical for me unless I'm pregnant. I don't normally get cramps until AF is actually upon me. I'm not going to get my hopes up because something could still be off with my cycle and that's what causing this, I'll just try testing again in the morning.

#16 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 PM

The condoms we used are a brand we've never tried before, so now I'm wondering about those too. I ended up ordering them online because they're non-latex and cheaper than the variety available in stores.

#17 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 PM

super-excited for you, katie

and when did you change your name? i just noticed. am i slow or did you just do it?

when's your ball? can't wait for pix in whichever sexay dress you choose.

i love all this baby action. lets me live vicariously through you all.

Mama to three  
#18 of 90 Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *jeanine* View Post
super-excited for you, katie

and when did you change your name? i just noticed. am i slow or did you just do it?

when's your ball? can't wait for pix in whichever sexay dress you choose.

i love all this baby action. lets me live vicariously through you all.
I changed it a couple of weeks ago, some crazy wife from my DH's unit stalked me on here trying to cause trouble. The ball is on the 27th, just need to figure out shoes now.

#19 of 90 Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 AM

I'll be eagerly looking for your news tomorrow, Katie!

#20 of 90 Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Still no AF and a - this morning

#21 of 90 Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM

This is so maddening. I feel awful again, dizzy and nauseous, I've had cramps on and off, but nothing. I just want to know one way or another, sitting here in limbo is so frustrating. I wish I had done a better job of charting over the last few months so I had more than just the bare minimum to go off of. I'm basing it off my averages, but I could have ovulated anywhere from the 27th to the 3rd. I also had menstrual like cramps during that time that were pretty awful, and at some point during that week we had sex without a condom. The odds seem pretty small to me to ovulate that late and still get pregnant but what do I know. If I am indeed pregnant it's obviously too early to know, or my body is playing a really mean trick on me.

#22 of 90 Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 PM

I hope you get a definitive answer soon. Not knowing for sure is the worst .

Mama to three  
#23 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 12:07 PM

Still no AF. I woke up when Andrew got up this morning and took a test and *thought* I saw a line but I'm going to shrug it off as an evap. I still feel awful. Nauseous, crampy, headache. At this point I'm thinking pregnant because I don't know what else would explain this, based on when I had all the cramping and bloating I'd say I would be 9DPO or so. Too early to see much on a test. Andrew seems to be convinced that this is another "against the odds" baby. So the waiting continues!

#24 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 PM

katie i think you should change your usename to "fertile myrtle"

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#25 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
katie i think you should change your usename to "fertile myrtle"

I certainly feel like my fertility has a mind of it's own. Liam was conceived after DTD once in the whole month of December 06 after 7 years of no cycle. Laine was conceived the first month of trying, and well, this one kind of takes the cake if I am indeed pregnant. It's like my body said "Muahahahaha, I'm going to ovulate later than you expect and trick you into getting pregnant!"

#26 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM

waiting to test is the WORST. omg, i would be up at dawn ready to pee when we were TTC.
here's hoping for an answer asap!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#27 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 PM

At least with Liam I had no clue until I threw up and thought I should get a test. By that point it was a really obvious positive. With Laine I got a + at 10dpo but I swear I took a million tests up until that point. And now I'm just guessing. I might not even be pregnant at all, but I don't know what else would explain how bad I feel and how crampy I've been this week. I could still get AF if this just happens to be a longer cycle, which I'm thinking would be tomorrow since that would be my normal 10 day LP based on the latest I think I could have ovulated.

#28 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM

The waiting is the worst! Hoping you get something definitive tomorrow!

FWIW, I had two "evap lines" on a Tuesday, and by Thursday had obvious pink lines. The evap lines also were pink when I looked again on Thursday (I was at the hospital with Iain in between).

Hoping it all works out perfectly for you, either way!

#29 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Katie - did you order the other dress? When do we get to see pix of *you* in the dress/es?

Mama to three  
#30 of 90 Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Heather - yes to the aggression, no to the words of wisdom It's definitely harder here, too, since she's off with the others being aggressive. I do talk to the bigger ones about using their words only, and not their body, and if their words don't work to come and get me. Doesn't really work, though
What kind of stuff are you deciding about putting in your house? Are you talking about furniture, or upgrades, or ...?

Mama to three  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page