Recommendations on tea set - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to get a tea set for my 2yo DD. I usually try to avoid plastic toys, but this one is made of recycled plastic, and they claim it doesn't include BPA nor phtalates: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001543YEY/...8200_pe_epc_t2

I've also seen some cheap porcelain sets in the stores, but they are made in China, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about chemicals in the decorative pain, or anything...

Any advice or recommendation?

Thanks!
#2 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

The set you link to is what I got my three-year-old goddaughter for Easter. She loves it!

Also, if I'm not mistaken they also make a matching "dining" set, as well. I'll try and see if I can dig up the link for you.

ETA: Found it! The store where I got the tea set no longer has either in stock (at least, their website doesn't) but I did a random google search and got an amazon link to it: Green Toys Cookware and Dining Set.

All of their toys are made from recycled milk jugs, so they do seem to be among the safer options and my goddaughter has been (ab)using hers near daily with no indications of wear as of yet, so I take that as another good sign.

Hope this helps.

ETA (again): Ooh! And a Chef's Set! Plus, a Dish Set, a Sand Play Set, and a Tool Set.
#3 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 AM

We have the Green Toys tea set and DS loves it. We have had it for over a year now and it still looks new.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#4 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 11:08 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-Toys...5228412&sr=8-2

My now 2 yo got this set for Christmas, I really like it and she loves that it plays music. Very sturdy, some of the tea cups are bent now but she is very hard not it and I just bend them back
#5 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 12:06 PM

We have the green toys tea set as well, dd loves it. You can actually use it - haven't put hot stuff in it, but she gets a big kick out of pouring herself milk or water out of the pot into her own cup at the table.
#6 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Here are a few I could find at some of my favorite online stores:

spielstabil-coffee-and-tea-set

Plan Toys Tea Set

HABA lucky mushroom

novanatural tea-set
#7 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We love Green Toys! I'm buying the tea set for my friend's daughter for her birthday. DS has the beach set (bucket/rake/shovel) and it still looks new after 2 years. We also just bought another friend the flower pot set that comes with seeds to plant and that was a big hit as well.
#8 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 12:45 PM

We have the Plan Toys wooden one. Love the tea bags!
I later bought some Plan plates and bowls to match.

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#9 of 10 Old 05-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMommy View Post
I'd like to get a tea set for my 2yo DD. I usually try to avoid plastic toys, but this one is made of recycled plastic, and they claim it doesn't include BPA nor phtalates: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001543YEY/...8200_pe_epc_t2

I've also seen some cheap porcelain sets in the stores, but they are made in China, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about chemicals in the decorative pain, or anything...

Any advice or recommendation?

Thanks!
We have that Green Toys set. Ds really likes it. I like that the lid to the tea pot and the sugar bowl are the same, so when one is lost under the couch there is still another to use.
#10 of 10 Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM

we have both the plan & green toy ones. dd loves, LOVES them. the green is now more her favorite because the tea pot can hold a lot of water.

if you have a buy buy baby, you can use a bed, bath, beyond coupon on it too!

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page