JUNE bugs - Sept '07 mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know. This age is amazing. As crazed as I can feel sometimes I am so blessed to be witness to this growing human. She is just incredible. Her personality is coming out in spades. She's funny!! And caring! And empathetic! And she's protective of Ilan. I decided I'm going to write her a letter about the breastfeeding and weaning experience we shared.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 PM

You ladies are torturing me! I just started working out again and my sides already hurt; now you have me laughing in tears. I'm not sure if the tears are from the pain in my obliques or from how funny these kids can be.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM

It's official - We are moving to Cambridge!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hooray! Congrats, Plaid!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM

I posted a thread about toddler stuttering (or stammering) in the main Toddler forum... anyone care to comment?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

congratulations, Plaid!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 PM

Congrats, Plaid!!!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 06-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Yay!

Mama to three  
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 AM

Sorry Heather - I really don't know much about stuttering/stammering.
Sometimes Yann repeats himself when he is trying to find the right words, but it's not really a stutter/stammer.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Dh is taking all of the kids to France on Saturday. He will return with Yann and our 6yo on Tuesday evening, and leave the older 2 with the grandparents. This will be the first time that Yann and I are apart for more than a few hours. I wonder if he will want to nurse when he gets back.
I will be all by myself for almost 4 whole days!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Wow!
I don't think I'd know what to do with myself. I haven't been alone for more than a few hours for 9 years. It'd be nice to figure it out, though...

Mama to three  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:42 AM

I know - I'm a bit freaked out by the idea of so much alone time!

I SHOULD clean and declutter and start packing, but I don't plan to do much of that.

I will probably spend a day in London, maybe get my hair cut, and I am invited for a girl's night in at a friend's house.

I'm a little bit sad thinking that Saturday morning may be the last time that Yann nurses, (although I did go to Paris for 3 days when my other ds was 2 and he didn't wean...)
Old 06-25-2010, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

dang, enjoy your time off Plaid

where is everyone?

Old 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM

I wanna go to Paris...

Today is ds's bday party with family. It's supposed to be a pool party. The weather has 3 hours to shape up It was supposed to be a pool party the year before, too, and the weather didn't really cooperate. The year before that we ended the day by evacuating due to a forest fire. Can't we just have one year that cooperates???

On Monday I'm leaving for Montana. So much to do, so little time (and motivation ).

Mama to three  
Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM

we are here, dealing with a little potty learning regression. no doubt a lovely reaction to impending babydom. can you flippin' believe i'm 37 weeks, next week?! i'm going to have this baby in the next month! what?!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 03:57 PM

I'm kinda here... Running off now to get cleaned up and get the house cleaned up before my dear MW comes. 19 weeks today! Yay! Judah says he wants to the baby to come out now.

Lindsay, can't believe you're so close!!

Got the iPhone 4 yesterday. Crazy, yes, but I was in line for 9 hours. Didn't expect it to take that long, but I guess it went pretty quickly, all in all. And the weather was very cooperative (we were outside most of the time). Very, very at the people smoking IN line or in close proximity to the line. And at the cops and management who wouldn't even say anything to them. But, the phone is great, and I'm packing up my old one to ship today. Sold it on eBay for more than it cost to buy the new one.

Trying not to freak too much about selling this house and buying a new one. Our first official showing is tomorrow - even tho it's not really ready for showing, and they know it. I dreamed they came and gave us on offer for $4k under asking, which would be FABULOUS. Of course, in the dream the numbers were all off of what they should be, but I'm going to focus on the $4k under. (The numbers were higher, actually, so not too bad!)

Woke up today with my lower eyelid very puffy and swollen. Very weird. Never had that happen before. Kinda weepy, too, so that doesn't bode too well. Thankfully, Sandra is fabulous with remedies for just about everything, and will have good advice when she comes.

Must go get ready!

Old 06-27-2010, 06:18 AM

Good luck with the house stuff, Heather.

Jeanine - did the weather cooperate for the party?

Lindsay - 37 weeks! That's so exciting. I hope the next few weeks are easy and fun.

The family left yesterday. I miss them so much. I spent the day in London by myself. Ate lunch in a cafe, went to the National Portrait Gallery, walked around China Town, got a haircut, wandered around Notting Hill and Portobello Road...It was fun but also tiring and I started my period so I think I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have.

It was so strange not having Yann next to me in bed last night. I wonder if he went to sleep easily? He nursed a lot night before last and then when he woke up yesterday morning. When it was almost time for them to leave I asked if he wanted to nurse real quick and he said "but I not tired!" (Like that's ever stopped him before.) He was so excited about going, although on Friday night he was in the tub and said he was "tired of going to France".

It's a beautiful day here. I have a few chores to take care of but I plan to enjoy the sunshine and see a friend.

I am going to give a couple of informal childbirth "classes" to a friend who is due next month. SHe is planning a hospital birth and English is not her first language, she is far from family - although her mother is coming soon - so I need to make an outline, gather some books and notes together. The hospital birth classes focus on when to ask for your epidural and all the things that can go wrong, so I want to give her another perspective.
I have offered my services as a birth doula (for free) but she wasn't sure since her mother will be here. I would love to be at her birth.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Jeanine - did the weather cooperate for the party?
Kinda. We went to a "guest ranch" that's right near our house. Their guests check out Friday am and the next batch checks in Sat am, so Friday afternoon it's open to "the public". If you buy dinner (all you can eat BBQ) you get to use their pool, game room (ping pong, foosball etc), you can buy a trail ride or wagon ride, you can fish in their stocked pond (which just seems wrong. those fish are sooo tame. it's catch and release, but you can buy the fish if you want and they'll cook it for you.) After dinner they have a bonfire with s'mores and a sing-a-long. I was hoping to go at like 1pm and use the pool but it was too cool, cloudy and windy. We went about three, and it was cool in the pool, but the kids don't notice so much. Unfortunately the girls are little enough that a grown up needs to be in there with them . About 5 the clouds were mostly gone and it was almost warm enough in the pool. But the kids had fun. That's all that matters, right? And of course yesterday and today it's hot as
Today I'm cooking up a storm. I'm pre-cooking food to take with us on our road trip to Montana We're leaving tomorrow - me, the kids, and my parents. I have all the addresses with me - I intend to send you all postcards. (But don't hold your breath - sometimes I suck )

Mama to three  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM

Hey mamas! We've had a crazy week with dh on vacation, got way out of routine, and to cap it off, Lucy is coming down with a cold (complete with awful asthma-sounding coughing/breathing). Hoping it's another quickie...usually they come on pretty quickly with her in the afternoon and the first night is the worst of it, then she gets over it fast.

Not much new here otherwise. Caroline is 4 months old as of this past Friday! She started rolling back to belly yesterday and is quite proud of herself. AF returned Friday, too, blech. I was hoping for 13 months like with Lucy but I guess not.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Jeanine, hope you have an awesome trip!

Speaking of postcards... I cleaned my desk and found a stack of them! I also found some old stamps so I will probably just use those and get them out!

ishy, I can't believe Caroline is 4 months already! Wow! I hope Lucy is feeling better quickly.

Had a great appt with my MW. I showed her the website I've been (secretly) working on for her and she loved it! Baby is on target and we had a lovely visit. Hard to believe I'm already 19.5 weeks along!

The showing seemed to go well, but we've got no offer in hand so who knows. I really am not thinking they're going to make one at this point. They say they liked it and will let us know. Blah. But, a friend who is interested in flipping our house is still interested and assures me we'll get it taken care of, one way or another.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM

Ugh. Nevada is freakin' hot.

Mama to three  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM

Jeanine - Good luck on your trip!

Lindsay - Can't believe you're 37 weeks, I'm super excited for baby time

Heather - I hope you get a great offer on your home, glad you had a good appointment!

Postcards - Liam used all my stamps as stickers but mine are finished and will go out soon, like I promised 3 weeks ago

I started out my post last night and forgot to finish it so I'm copying and pasting:

Ugh, what a week.

We left for NY at 3am on Tuesday morning, got there in time for dinner. The kids did really well and it helped to be driving toward daylight. We left for Maine the next morning and that was a 5 hour drive to Andrew's aunt's cabin.

The kids had a fantastic time visiting with friends and family. Lots of firsts for Liam including driving his great uncle's boat (with some assistance) and catching his first fish (and letting it go ). He loved going out on the kayak and swimming.

The trip home was a lot more difficult. We left again around 3am but Laine has been having some stomach troubles and was not in the mood to sit in her carseat. We did thankfully make it home at a decent hour for dinner and the kids got to bed early. Andrew went back to work today after being home for over a month, it should be interesting.

We were offered the opportunity to rent Andrew's grandparents house when he deploys in 2012. They have a tenant moving out in January and they would much rather that family be in there, so they offered to have us move in. We'd be living in Saco, it's a cute 3 bedroom cape cod style less than a mile from the beach. I offered to do some renovations while there, more to keep me busy than anything. One major perk is that we'll get about $600 more in BAH than if we were to stay in NY.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Did we miss our chance for a Zoo date, Katie? Sounds like a great trip!

Jeanine - you are brave, my dear, brave. Good luck!

Lindsay - heehee. Sorry about the PL regression. At least she learned enough to regress

Good luck with the house, Heather.

Plaid, are your toes all painted and the champagne well chilled? Enjoying yourself??

Old 07-05-2010, 01:10 PM

New thread

Mama to three  

User Tag List