JUNE bugs - Sept '07 mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and the June thread has begun. Updates, ladies

the PL thing is stressing me out to no end and I get so frustrated with C. I have a pile of diapers to wash and fold every day because I've got two in cloth. It makes me want to put an ice pick in my eye.

Also, I think we are weaned :/

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 03:49 PM

I feel like I haven't posted over here in a while! We had our first trip to the dentist today because I suspected Lucy had a little cavity (or pre-cavity??), I noticed it when I got home from the hospital with Caroline (and noticed how much juice my mom and dh had been giving her while I was gone!). I was so worried because she's been so nervous about medical settings after her allergy testing last year and the year before--it took her 7 months to stop melting down at the midwife's office/house when it was time to take my blood pressure--but she did pretty well. There are two spots that need "filling" and they're molars, so we have to go back in two weeks. The dentist thinks they won't even need to numb them, just slap the stuff in real quick, so I'm praying she's right.

PLing: We've been diaper free for two weeks today. She seemed to sort of "get it" when she was naked, like she'd stop peeing after she went a bit on the floor and could finish up on the potty, but she'd sit in a wet (or poopy, ugh) diaper for HOURS without complaint while refusing to let me change her. Then that morning she wanted to stay naked after a bath so I brought the little potty (which she had spurned) out into the living room with us and left her naked and that was it. She's had a few tiny accidents and is wearing a diaper at night (and usually dry in the morning or asking dh to tae her when she has to pee at night), but so far, so good. We haven't done a ton of outings, but I'd say we've gone out for playdates and whatnot maybe half a dozen times after the first diaper-free week with no accidents while we're out. I'm shocked at how easily it happened, but she's that kind of kid--she waits and waits until she can just DO it without a problem, then she does it (was the same with walking, talking, climbing, etc).

BFing: I think we're pretty much weaned here, too. She had dry-nursed for almost 6 months on such a limited schedule (twice a day for just a few minutes at a time), then I was in the hospital for almost a week with Caroline, and it was like she partly forgot how to latch and partly wasn't sure what to do about the milk. After Caroline was home, she'd ask about once every couple days and not quite latch on for a few seconds, then she was done. It slowed down to her asking maybe once a week and doing the same thing, now she asks even more infrequently and it usually means she just wants to cuddle with me while someone else has the baby.

I can't believe our babies are going to be 3 in a few months!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#3 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM

BFing - we're down to once a day, before bed. If she had her way she'd get it more, and if I had my way we'd have been done a long time ago. She also sleeps most of the night in her own bed (right next to ours.) I'd love it if she slept in a different room, but on the other hand, I'd miss her. We're making progress, anyway, since she was in our bed fulltime until a month or two ago.

PLing - she's daytime trained. But still in dipes at night and not waking up anywhere near dry. Sometimes I check when it's morning but she's still sleeping, to see if she's holding it all night but going as soon as she wakes up. Nope, she's wet. Oh well, at least she's out of them in the day.

The ILs want to take ds to Disneyland for his bday. Hopefully they accept the answer graciously. I really don't want a big war to come of it.

Mama to three  
#4 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM

We weaned around 31 months here. He asked Andrew last night if he could nurse on him and it was pretty hilarious, I told him if he wanted to nurse he had to ask mama since daddy doesn't have the equipment and he just ignored me.

I got a + OPK today, and we're actively trying this cycle. I promised myself that I wouldn't test until my birthday on the 10th. I guess I feel almost ashamed of talking about it because I know I'm entering the "big" family realm and my kids are close together, people tend to have negative connotations associated with those things. In any case, given our current life circumstances I think it will work out well and we're happy about it.

I almost have a full-time walking baby/toddler on my hands as she's getting closer and closer with walking for longer periods. It's amazing how much she's changed in a matter of weeks.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#5 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Oh and I LOVE the thread title for this month

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Ooh, good luck with the ttc, Katie!

Yann doesn't seem to be anywhere near weaning. I would like him to cut back. His latest tactic to BF when I have told him to wait a bit is to say "my leg hurrrrts and my eye hurrrts and my head hurrrts and I need booboooooon!"
Or a very polite,"may I have booboon now please?" Hard to say no to that.
#7 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 PM

Jamison asks when we're somewhere where she knows I want her to be quiet, and so am likely to give in - like work, or ds's jujitsu class. Luckily I'm mostly just popping into work these days and not staying long, and somehow have (mostly) transitioned her from milk to crackers at jujitsu. Not a big fan of her saying she's hungry the second we walk into jujitsu when she just ate 20 minutes before, but asking for crackers is better than asking for milk. And I've started wearing real pj's to bed, instead of the nursing tanks I've been wearing for the past 2 3/4 years .

Mama to three  
#8 of 84 Old 06-01-2010, 09:13 PM

So I should edit my post to "we're *mostly* down to once a day." Sometimes she does get her way

Mama to three  
#9 of 84 Old 06-03-2010, 12:07 PM

In the 2WW. Looking at my chart I think we have a pretty good chance but we shall see

And here's my chart for anyone so inclined to stalk.

Pretty bummed because we're leaving for the beach on Sunday but the weather is supposed to be bad for all but three of those days, I'm really hoping the weather person is wrong.

#10 of 84 Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 PM

Mama to three  
#11 of 84 Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Wow, Katie - you've been busy!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
#12 of 84 Old 06-03-2010, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Wow, Katie - you've been busy!
!!

#13 of 84 Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM

That's what happens when you go 7 months without sex.

#14 of 84 Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

we are "canning" potty learning for the time being. I realized I was not setting Chaya up for success by being so frustrated all the time.

So we're back in diapers and I guess I just try and relax about the whole thing. She did wean, so chances are she'll be out of diapers before college.

#15 of 84 Old 06-04-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *jeanine* View Post
The ILs want to take ds to Disneyland for his bday. Hopefully they accept the answer graciously. I really don't want a big war to come of it.
wasswrong with Disneyland? Cs been twice already but then, I'm kind of obsessed. I've probably been over 100 times

#16 of 84 Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 AM

That's what I ended up doing with Liam, and it has worked out pretty well. He was frustrated and didn't like encouragement or being reminded to go. I just stopped offering and maybe a month later his interest picked up and he started going on his own. He is by no means PL'd, but he's doing a lot better than he was.

Yesterday we went car searching for me and ended up finding some used 2009 Kia Sedona's for 15K with 20K miles at the dealership we got our Rondo from. If you've ever looked at them you probably know that that's about $4000 below what they normally go for, but we were lucky enough to find the last two on clearance. We borrowed it last night and have to take it back this morning but I think we're going to get it, and then look at trading the Rondo in for a more fuel efficient, sportier car for Andrew. That will drop our car payments about $100 every month which is nice. I never thought I'd drive a mini-van but I actually really like all the space, little me just has to get used to driving something so big.

#17 of 84 Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
wasswrong with Disneyland? Cs been twice already but then, I'm kind of obsessed. I've probably been over 100 times
That's not the question. The question is "What's wrong with the ILs".

Mama to three  
#18 of 84 Old 06-04-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

well THAT I totally understand.

#19 of 84 Old 06-06-2010, 07:54 AM

My ILs want to take the 3 oldest kids to France for a week or two this summer. I am mostly ok with that. The first time they took DS1 and DD I was so worried that they would vaccinate them or lose them or something horrible. Everything was fine, and even though they DO NOT agree with my parenting style I have to admit that they are pretty respectful of it. They call if a child gets sick or hurt and ask what DH and I would like them to do, they feed the kids healthy food as much as possible and the treats they give are not too bad.

Yann was burning up with fever during the night and saying his mouth hurt, but he seems to be ok now. His nose is a bit stuffy, though. Guess I better make some garlic-y onion-y soup.

I am really wanting Yann to wean, now. It's starting to drive me crazy because he wants to nurse all the time and he has become the worst twiddler. He freaks out if I say no or wait, but I am really trying to get him to cut down with a goal of weaning within the next few months. I think when we move in August he will go into his own bed in his brothers' or sister's room as well. We have tried having him sleep on a mattress in our room but that hasn't worked too well.
#20 of 84 Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Not much happening in our thread lately.

Not much happening in my life with regards to "life with a toddler." Although if this were a WAHM thread, or a wives-of-small-business-owners thread I could

So, how about cute things they've said lately? Jamison got out of bed today and said she had a bad dream. I asked her what it was about and she said it was about a toilet. Then she elaborated - we had a new toilet and she fell in I guess that's not really cute, but it was funny.

She also can't say the "s" at the beginning of a word when the next letter is also a consonant. So she says "you tartled me", and snakes are "nakes" and things "tink" and one day she kept saying something about a lip and I finally figured out she had slipped.

I have to go into work tomorrow. I really miss the good old days when my "only" job was children/house, etc

Mama to three  
#21 of 84 Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM

Jeanine. I really enjoy this age for the quirky things they say and do. Like tonight for example, he and Andrew went to the store together. When Andrew was out of the room, Liam told me about the birthday cards that Andrew hid for my birthday Currently he's made a bed out of 3 pillows on the couch next to me and grabbed a blanket, but wanted me to spread it out "correc-wy" for him. He threw all the pillows off the couch and wanted us to pick them up. When asked who threw them off, he says "Liam". I explained that the person who threw them off should pick them up, and when asked who should pick them up, he says "The bad guy". Not sure where he gets these things but it's funny.

We're having a nice time on vacation. It's helping to relax and recharge. I'm 6DPO and feeling exhausted and moody and easily irritated, some cramps. I don't have any pregnancy guesses, it could go either way I suppose. I plan to try testing on my birthday though I'm expecting a BFN.

#22 of 84 Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *jeanine* View Post
BFing - we're down to once a day, before bed. If she had her way she'd get it more, and if I had my way we'd have been done a long time ago.
Exactly what we experience even down to the, "well, mostly once a day" comment later. She also does like Plaid Leopard mentioned Yann doing, "Ouch, oh, the boo-boo" but then she starts crying to really drive home the point. I don't normally mind indulging her, but she tries to do it while she has dinner right in front of her. She won't eat dinner if I bf her first, so I deal with crankiness, not all the time, but often enough to be annoying.

Aili has been doing really well with the potty. She doesn't even wear diapers to bed anymore. However, we went to a day baseball game last week and she drank a lot of herbal tea during the warm afternoon, had a big accident in bed. But it was the first time in over 3 months, so unlike dh, I wasn't thinking that we needed to run out and buy rubber sheets the next day. She's gotten a little too good at going potty; she knows that she has to go, but doesn't have to go right this moment, so she waits until the last possible moment and then ends up crossed legged in the bathroom, sometimes having an accident right next to the toilet.

In other news, my dh is going back to school, to gain some more marketable skills in a field that he enjoys and is good at, computer based education. Since his job search has been less than successful, this should take him in the direction of ultimately finding and keeping a good, enjoyable career. My garden is slowly taking off. We have enjoyed some leaf lettuce and will have eat some radishes either today or tomorrow.
#23 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I knew I had both seen the thread and read it... but not much!

Katie, I saw a couple of BFNs on your chart. Anything since? Oh, wait, that would be today. And I mean the you're-going-to-wake-up-in-a-few-hours today, too.

Let's see... Judah is potty trained! He's been running around the house naked for the last two weeks or so, and has had almost no accidents. He still is in a diaper at night and once in a while is dry, but I can live with that. He takes it off when he gets up and goes potty. I need to work more on having him wear undies regularly, as his bum has been getting red, like from contact with something? And now there's a bumpy rash on each of his "cheeks." I'm not sure what he could be sensitive to that he's ONLY sitting on and not touching otherwise? But, we were out for several hours today, and he stayed dry the WHOLE time! At home, he was going for a while every 20-30min, so it's nice to know he can stay dry when he wants to. He did try on a big potty but said he was scared. He's done it successfully before, but, he's really used to his little Baby Bjorn on the floor these days. Need to work on using the topper on the big potty more, too, but I'm pretty happy not to have a zillion diapers.

We're down to once a day or less on bfing. He will very rarely ask for more, but generally nurses when he's waking in the morning, and that's it. I'm pretty sure I've already moved over to colostrum at this point, and there really isn't much there at all. Still, I don't really mind his quick sessions, so I won't discourage that. Somedays, he doesn't even ask, so I know it won't be too long before we're done.

Among the things we were doing today (just Judah and me) was a visit to my chiro to try to fix my neck/shoulder and get rid of a nasty headache that's been plaguing me for the last week. I didn't get to see my usual chiro, but another I've seen in the past and really like. She did a bunch of different stuff that felt GREAT, and then I headed to the grocery where I also got a chair massage, and did a full-on grocery shop. So, all was well when we got home. I went to get DS out of the car, and saw a bird in the bushes, which I pointed out to him. So as we walked between my car and DH's car, I was holding DS's hand, my stuff, and looking at a bird, which flew away... and I stepped on some piece of tree branch or something - about the size of a roll of nickels, maybe - and within a moment was falling down and screaming in pain, as the ligaments in my ankle went "pop, pop, pop." Poor Judah - since I was holding his hand, he went down, too, and he was really freaked by that and my screaming in pain/for help. He was inconsolable for about 20 minutes. Thankfully, DH was coming and came out to help. Unfortunately, he was clearly miffed that I was now hurt. He did take DS in, then came and helped me hobble in, where I got myself set up in the all-too-familiar setting of foot-in-the-air. I snuggled with my sweet boy until he was calm again, even though every time he moved it was excruciating. Thankfully, he had no real injuries and has been fine the rest of the night. Whew.

Anyway, I'm really frustrated. This is at least the 3rd time I've done this *while pregnant.* Ugh. I almost think the relaxin has an effect. But, I have a loooong history of ankle injuries (including two surgeries to repair a break, and one of those being delayed because I'd injured the other so badly in the meanwhile), and I know they're just not all that strong. The last time this happened was about a year and a half or more ago, when I was carrying Judah in a sling, going to the car from a little league game. What do you know, there's an uneven spot in the sidewalk, and I stepped on it just so. Not only did I tear up my ankle, but DS's head hit the sidewalk. I was sure I'd be calling 911 for that, but, amazingly, he was okay. Bruised and scraped, but no serious injury. I'm quite sure it would've been worse had he not been tied to me!

Sigh. Sorry for the blather. DH is, at least, being better now. He gets overwhelmed easily, and that's very frustrating for me when I need compassion and *help.* I'm glad he's stepped up, though. But, he's gone tomorrow to a TEDx conference, so I'm here with 2 of 3 (my mom has one), alone. Thank goodness my 8yo is so very helpful!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#24 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 06:49 AM

Oh Heather - I'm so sorry about your ankle. Hope it heals fast!

Gotta run - DH has decided he wants to go into town, and even though I hate going into town here it is better than staying home and doing housework...
#25 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 08:55 AM

Heather, I'm sorry you were hurt. I hope you're able to rest up and heal quickly.

I haven't tested yet today, I tested again at midnight last night and it was a BFN. We're heading home today so I'll just test when I get home. With Laine I got a BFP at 9DPO and the charts are similar, so at this point I'm thinking this cycle was a bust. I know it's possible to not get a + until later on but for now I think our timing was off.

#26 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Katie - I will definitely keep sending you baby vibes.

We did go into town. It was ok at times and hellish at times. We did have a nice lunch together, and I found some nice undergarments and a nightgown for me at a very good price. I got rid of all my frumpy flannel pajamas and am trying to be a little more - um - alluring at bedtime..

Yann had fun "stinking up" (sneaking up) on his papa while we were sitting outside on a bench.

Yann hasn't nursed since early this morning. He did ask to nurse while we were in the shopping center but I told him he could nurse when we got home. He was a little bit upset because he was really tired and crawled under a bench for a few minutes. Then we went and got a snack and played outside a bit and he didn't ask again. He is still out with DH - I came home without them. It is 8pm so I am sure he will ask to nurse when he gets home, and of course I will let him.
#27 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Another BFN so I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck with this cycle. I wasn't feeling all that great about our chances anyway. We are finally home and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, we had a great time on vacation though and it was definitely what we needed to relax and recharge a bit.

#28 of 84 Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas!

We had a great Shabbat. Chaya gets so excited about blessing candles and wearing a kippa and going to shul We had lunch with some friends today who are Shomer Shabbat which was relaxing and nice.

I'm trying to keep up with the running but its hard. The waking up at unreasonable hours to do so only lasted, well, once. HAH. I did get out 3 times this week and I brought my bike in last week for a tune up. I hope to get on my bike ASAP.

Katie - I'm sorry I hope you get a BFP sooner than later

Heather - what a bummer about the ankle. How's the pregnancy otherwise?

Sabo - way to go, continuing education! w00t!

Jeanine - has work worked it self out a bit?

Plaid - what's alluring???

#29 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
Hi mamas!

Plaid - what's alluring???
I'm not sure at this point, but it is probably NOT a stubbly-legged woman in faded flannel pj pants, her husbands saggy t-shirt and a 2 year-old attached at the nip!
#30 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 AM

I would like to start running. I must stop eating junk and taking care of myself, in any case. Things are getting out of hand...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page