Has your toddler adopted any of your trademark phrases? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 06-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I have another!! Micah says, "That's better!", when he thinks of a alternate idea to something I suggested or I suggest an alternative that he agrees with. I think it is a follow up on, "How about <insert xyz>? Would that be better?"

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#32 of 48 Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM

My exasperated/substitute curse-word lately has been CHEESY PETE, or CHRISTMAS! It's so funny to hear my 28 month old exclaim one them when she drops something or is surprised.

She's given us some of her trademarks too; I love you is OFFF YOU! Grapes are plopps...

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#33 of 48 Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM

OMG, I thought my husband was going to kill me last night! (He is not nearly as laxed about the words our kids use as I am. DS1 says boobies and peepee and my husband HATES THAT)

I was getting DS1 dressed on the floor, I was sitting with my legs open and him in between, laying down. He got excited and flailed his legs, kicking me in my lady bits. I yell out "OH JESUM CROW!" DS1 asks, whats wrong mama? I said,"You just kicked me in the baby maker." and in true toddler form where he has to repeat the last phrase of EVERYTHING i say with a big high pitched exaggeration on the end, "Baby MAKER??!?!?!?!". THe look my husband gave me was priceless!
#34 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I have to add my new all time favorite.

I usually tell my DD what we are going to do and then ask her- Does that sound like a plan? (Like she really has a choice. )

Now she comes up with her own plans.

Mommy, lets go to the library and then out to eat at a restraunt and then we'll go to the bookstore-That. Sounds. Like. aaaaa plaaaaan! Hooray! I'm excited!
#35 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 PM

mine just started saying Sh.t but it sounds like shih
and oh jesus. but it sounds like oh jeesh.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#36 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM

I also have to watch myself saying "Oh God" and "Oh jeeze".

My 25m old will say "Doooooood!" and "That's so COOL! I'm so a-SITED!"

The funniest one is how if you negotiate something with him, he'll sigh and say, "Oh FINE." Not sure if he got it from me or from my six-going-on-sixteen-year-old.

mama to Joey (1/04) and Teddy (4/08) :
#37 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 04:15 PM

DAmnit. My little guy has an AWFUL habbit of saying Damnit now. I keep trying to get him to replace it with darnit. I about had it licked, and then my FIL let one slip a couple weeks ago. Back to square one.
#38 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post

When he shouts for his dad he says some version of William that is absolutely adorable.
We have that here, too. Only calls Daddy by his first name when he's yelling for him, usually from another floor of the house, and it comes out in the same intonation that I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
The ones I have noticed are...

"Umm....no!"
DS does, "ummm...yes." and I'm not sure who does this. Maybe I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
"get going buddy!" usually when we are in the car, and stopped at a stop light. He just did this this morning. .
My friend's daughter's first sentence was, "Move it, a$$hole," uttered from the back seat, appropriately when a car was stopped in front of them.

DS picked up, "Yeah, yeah," from his teenage cousin, after only a couple of hours together.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#39 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASusan View Post
My friend's daughter's first sentence was, "Move it, a$$hole," uttered from the back seat, appropriately when a car was stopped in front of them.
My quote was a few months old. Now its graduated to "come ON PEOPLE!!!!". I just keep reminding him we have to wait our turn.

Yours friends story made me LOL at my desk.
#40 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 PM

No, but I called someone a doodie head while driving the other day and he repeated it perfectly. At least I edited myself from what I really wanted to say.

He doesn't really pick up what we say, but he comes home from daycare with all kinds of interesting phrases:

walk away mommy!
yep
nope
oh-kay!
Here you go mommy, here you go. - when handing me something.

Those are the only ones I can immediately recall.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#41 of 48 Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Haha! Ds is 18 months and starting to copy EVERYTHING. It's kinda scary how impressionable they are.
His newest catch phrase is "seriously!" But it sounds like "see see."

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#42 of 48 Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Today's phrase... "oh my god. I'm sooo excited"' in a sarcastic tone. LOL! I just about peed my pants laughing. :-) She of course got that one from me... She got "Fu**!" from her dad! Ugh I do my best not to laugh at that one... Little copycats at this age. We really have to be careful around her now.

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#43 of 48 Old 08-07-2010, 02:48 PM

Haha, love this thread.

DD is also an "okay" kid. Her big phrase is "yeah, okay!"

also,
"tally-ho, time to go"
"sit, Shiro (our dog), SIT!"
"oh, oopsie!"
"just a second"

and of course the bad ones...
growling in that exasperated way that I do when I'm angry
and something that sounds suspiciously like sh*t... also from me :shame:

When I lived with my BIL & SIL and their two kids, the kids would often run around saying, "you're driving me CRAZY!" (which I said to them all the time, usually right before tickling or tackling them in some crazy game).

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#44 of 48 Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM

LOL your stories are soooo funny!!

DD says "Here, hold this" when she wants to give me something, but lately has been saying, "Here, try this" instead when she just wants me to hold something for her. That cracks me up - "Hurrrr. Try dis."

Also our phrase for being naked is "nakey baby." She calls DH "nakey baby-daddy" and me "nakey baby-mommy". Also if I'm wearing a low-cut shirt she pats my chest and says it (ha ha ha)

Other big ones are:

Don't worry!
Thank you SOOO much! (gets that from me when I am out in public)
What happened?
Love you, baby.

(On a side note, I can't believe she hasn't said "y'all" or "shit" yet!!!)

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#45 of 48 Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DS says joyfyully, "Heeeere we gooooo!" When we're getting ready to leave, or the car is pulling out of the parking space. (I had no idea I was saying that...)

He has also started telling me, "Mommy, you're makin' me NUTS!" and "That's your choices."

And he calls me "honey...."
#46 of 48 Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 AM

She has many but my favorite is when she declines food, drink or anything else. She says, "No thanks. I'm good."

signcirc1.giffly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif

Proud mom of an inquisitive, breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping 9 month old boy and a talkative curious 4 year old girl.

#47 of 48 Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM

Mine just says "OH [insert colorful language here]!" Mama and Daddy both have bad potty mouths.
#48 of 48 Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Aw Maaaaannnnn!
DANG it! and
You need help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page