For Katie

Mama to three  
#62 of 73 Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For me

I'll let them have a turn....maybe

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#63 of 73 Old 07-28-2010, 07:03 PM

I want an indoor swing.

I am tired. We had a picnic in the park and then went to the"beach" - a giant sand pit in the middle of the shopping center. The kids love it. We were there for 3 or 4 hours. We have a small sand box and home and Yann will spend hours in it if we let him.

If all goes well we will be moving mid-September so I am not sure that much will be happening for Yanns birthday on the 19th. Of course he will have a cake and presents but that may be it.
#64 of 73 Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I could SO use an indoor climbing thing in my house! My boys are so utterly crazy being in the house more often than not with the soaring heat and a 2yo who loves to go out but has no safe place to do so (without me accompanying him, and I can't cope with the heat that long these days). I tried to tell them earlier that they could RUN around like banshees but needed to be QUIET since their daddy was working. Didn't work. I need a good way for them to get energy out without driving us all bonkers!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#65 of 73 Old 07-30-2010, 02:58 PM

Yeah I totally want a swing now.

Laine is napping upstairs and Liam fell asleep on the couch....Ahhhhh...

I'm so tired today. Andrew got home from work late yesterday so grocery shopping for pushed back to 8:30 at night. Then of course when I got home I had to sew, so I was up until 1:30. I'm counting my lucky stars that both kids are napping right now.

I'm still looking for some kind of playset for Liam. I was thinking playmobil but Andrew thinks the pieces are too small. I looked at Calico Critters and it's cute but pricey. Anybody have suggestions?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#66 of 73 Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Judah will play some with Playmobil at friends' houses, but they pieces ARE small, especially with having Laine, too. What about a wooden set like Plan Toys? Or Melissa and Doug? Definitely larger pieces in those, but still a lot of options in theme.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#67 of 73 Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM

The Playmobil 123 sets are pretty good. They are made for younger kids so they are chunkier. Yann likes the trains and the farm sets and especially the little people that come with them.
Otherwise, you can just put away some of the smaller pieces that come with the regular Playmobil sets. We have a ton of Playmobil here (DH is a Playmobil addict. Luckily we were able to get it for good price when we lived in Germany. We also have some of DH's sets from when he was a boy). I know every child is different but we have never had a problem with the small pieces being swallowed. The only thing is that you will find them scattered all over the house.
Anyway, even my almost 12yo ds still enjoys playing with his sets so it is a pretty good investment.
#68 of 73 Old 07-30-2010, 05:36 PM

Liam never put anything in his mouth as a baby but Laine tries it with everything so I have to keep a watch on her. I'm checking out the Playmobil 123 and it looks like what I'm thinking, just something with a broader theme beyond trains and cars, ya know? I'm going to look at some in person, as well.

#69 of 73 Old 08-01-2010, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

I want a porch swing. We need a porch, though

Mama to three  
#70 of 73 Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 AM

Yann was in the back yard crying. He told me he was scared of the big, long hair that came from the sky and landed in the yard! What????
#71 of 73 Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM

Our rental application was approved!
Packing has commenced. Poor Yann is so confused. Every day he asks if we are going to the big house.
#72 of 73 Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Good luck with the move!

#73 of 73 Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM

New thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page