do vintage Little People fit in the modern Fisher Price toys? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Relatives have given DD a few Fisher Price toys that come with the ugly Little People, full of accessories, that leave so little room for imagination. (Not to mention that since DD is a girl, they gave her pink everything, and now all the Little People she owns are girls. As if a little girl would never want to play with a Daddy figurine or let her female people have male friends. Grrr...)

But she does play with them -- we have an airplane, a boat, and a barn. If I buy some vintage, peg-style Little People on eBay, will the vintage people fit in the modern Fisher Price toys (airplane seats, etc)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The short answer is no. The vintage Little People are quite a bit smaller, especially narrower. Some of the new stuff has a little "peg" for the people to fit over and be held in place (like on the seat of a car, plane, trike, etc). The "old" Little People won't fit on the pegs.

However, I see no reason why you couldn't use vintage pieces with, say, a house or barn--although there may be a few features that are designed for the new People to fit in.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#3 of 3 Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a great idea. I have the circa-'82 Little People farm at my mom's house and the "current" Little People barn at my house for DD. She likes the "old" animals better because their legs move individually. Waaay cooler.

Target sometimes carries supplement sets, like a farmer boy and two cows. Maybe you could go that route. Now off to ebay for Little People animals....

ETA: the "chunky" ones from the '90s may or may not fit. The thiner ones from the '80s definitely will not, as the PP said.

Tags
Fisher Price , Fisher Price Little People Noahs Ark , Toys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page