Please tell me your child has done something equally as gross... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Luckily for us, our 15 month old hasn't done anything grosser than play in the compost pile once--mostly just crushing eggshells. I have clear memories myself of playing the "potty water" game with my older brother when I was probably 2, which consisted of lowering a finger slowly into the toilet until you touch the water, then raising it slowly to your mouth. . . BLECH! It gives me the shudders thinking of it now, but I apparently survived with no ill effects.

A friend of ours once told us the three grosses things his son had put in his mouth: cat puke, dead fly, toilet brush. Kids are pretty resiliant, I guess.
#32 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 01:59 PM

My DD once ate a chunk of hairy dog crap at the park.

My DS is a flip-flop licker, and lately we have been catching him taking a cup and scooping water out of the toilet to drink, flushed or not.

Id say thats grosser!!!!!!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#33 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 02:59 PM

When DD was 2, she found something brown and dry on the floor, took a bite, and asked, AS SHE WAS GOING FOR A 2ND BITE, "Is this poop?"

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#34 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
He doesn't lap it up...he does like to splash in it like it's his own personal water park..
My second did that. Sometimes I think on purpose, if she got bored.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#35 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Hi, my name is Gina and my older son is a booger eater.
My DD picks hers and hands them too me, nothing grosser than a stringy slimy booger. lol

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#36 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xy View Post
DS1 ate a dead, dried-up palmetto bug (a.k.a., "giant flying cockroach') when he was of crawling age. I was somewhat hysterical as I retrieved the pieces out of his mouth and tried to wipe the legs off his tongue....nothing creeps me out more than those particular bugs. :Puke
I think every small child in the south eats one at some point. I am always hearing stories about that here. Blech. My mom says my brother did the same thing as a toddler.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#37 of 37 Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 AM

2 yr old DS had poop smeared across his top lip one day, I'm sure some went in.

Yesterday I took him out of his carseat (rear-facing) only to discover he had been chewing on his well worn croc - the bottom was completely licked clean...eeww

He is a hair eater. Luckily at home I know it's mine, but he'll eat any hair he finds....it drives me crazy.

On our walk yesterday he decided to try to lick random walls for fun...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page