Please tell me your child has done something equally as gross... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So....we let DS run around naked most of the time. Sometimes we get pee in the potty, sometimes we get it on the floor. We've gotten really used to either

Well, the other day he was playing with a can of something (some food he pulled out of the pantry) and started peeing. Before we could clean it up he looked down, saw that there was liquid sitting in the top of the can...

AND DRANK IT.

I laughed until I cried....and then I was grossed out. *sigh* At least it was sterile, right? It's gotta be better than when he puts toilet water in his mouth.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM

DS went through a phase where he would pee on the floor, then bend over and lap it up like a dog. We had to nip that one quick.

SAHM to Declan (12/12/06) and Blythe (2/9/09)
Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterella View Post
DS went through a phase where he would pee on the floor, then bend over and lap it up like a dog. We had to nip that one quick.
He doesn't lap it up...he does like to splash in it like it's his own personal water park..

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
This doesn't involve pee (which should be sterile) but it totally grossed me out.

A while back my daughter found an unidentifiable piece of (?)food on the bottom of her grubby little foot, pulled it off, and ATE IT! I didn't even know what the thing had originally been, and her foot was really dirty.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM

When my son was just 16 months we went to visit my parents and my mom was supposed to be watching him while I went out to the car... I come back in to find her in the kitchen and he comes running in with chocolate all over his face... I yell at mom for giving my baby chocolate and she turns around all confused and says she doesn't even have any chocolate....
BUT she does have a litterbox.....

I never expected to call the VET for my toddler!!!!
Thankfully neither he nor the cat had worms

EWWWWW....

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM

My dd managed to grab a little handful of poo out of her diaper last year and put it in her mouth. She immediately looked at me horrified and started grabbing at her tongue. I'm glad it only took once for her to figure out that wasn't a good idea. She now tells me that poopy says, 'RARRRRRRR'! lol

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
So....we let DS run around naked most of the time. Sometimes we get pee in the potty, sometimes we get it on the floor. We've gotten really used to either

Well, the other day he was playing with a can of something (some food he pulled out of the pantry) and started peeing. Before we could clean it up he looked down, saw that there was liquid sitting in the top of the can...

AND DRANK IT.

I laughed until I cried....and then I was grossed out. *sigh* At least it was sterile, right? It's gotta be better than when he puts toilet water in his mouth.
last month DD2 was without a diaper and wejust lost track of time. she was happily playing in the kitchen. All of a sudden I hear my mom start shreiking. I run in the kitchen, there is Anna poop covering a large portion of the floor, mashed into the grout of her tile and all in her mouth. She was MAD when I tried to clean it out. LMAO. Kids are weird.

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Hi, my name is Gina and my older son is a booger eater.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:54 PM

Not as gross, but probably more germy than drinking pee- ds licks the dog whenever he can. He doesn't seem to mind the hair in his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
He doesn't lap it up...he does like to splash in it like it's his own personal water park..
ds does this too. If he sees us get a cloth to clean it up, he plays frantically to get as much "water time" as he can.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Ok you all just made me feel MUCH better about DD 18 mo loving to plunge forward in the kiddie pool (which is a disturbing cloudy bluish grey colored water) and come up gulping the water! I was seriously worried she was drinking who knows how much baby pee (and adult pee, and nasty cholrine, and who knows what else)... but if little ones can survive eating cat poo and their own poo, I guess I really don't need to worry!

You've also made me feel bad that DD never gets to run around naked, which she clearly likes for the few minutes she ever does. I worry she'll pee/poo somewhere and I won't notice it until it starts to smell!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hehe, dd peed in my stockpot last night but at least she didn't drink it. I think the grossest thing so far is picking up a dead vole that had obviously been there awhile.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:12 AM

DS stuck his hand in a public toilet and then licked his fingers

All I could think of to do was wash his hands with a tonne of soup and nurse him to clean his mouth!

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 AM

DS2 went though about a six month obsession with digging around in his diaper right after he pooped. And I mean RIGHT after, where there's really no way I could have intercepted it. He was over a year old, probably about 18 months, and mobile, and he wasn't attached to me 24/7 anymore. Oh, it was so disgusting.... Ugh! Walls, floor, the tv, toys, sometimes his face/mouth..... Ick!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oh good heavens! My son is only 9 months old, and the toddler forum terrifies me!

I was letting DS have some nakey time, and wasn't watching him closely enough. I don't know if any poop got in his mouth, but it was all over *everywhere*!!! hair, legs face ugh!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 AM
2xy

DS1 ate a dead, dried-up palmetto bug (a.k.a., "giant flying cockroach') when he was of crawling age. I was somewhat hysterical as I retrieved the pieces out of his mouth and tried to wipe the legs off his tongue....nothing creeps me out more than those particular bugs. :Puke
Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 AM

I'm going to remember this the next time I'm feeling about my dd getting upset at splashing water on her shirt.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:29 AM

The other day we were out on our deck and it was time to come in and I noticed DD had something in her hand and it looked like a pebble, DD has a thing for rocks and stones, so I didn't really think much of it until we were inside and I noticed she had something in her mouth and the pebble was gone, so I did a search and rescue mission in her mouth and it turns out it was bird poop! Oh so gross! But I think I got most of it!

Proud nursing SAHM to EC'd DD March 25/09! Wife to Truck Driving DH March 1/06!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 AM

My kiddos are now 16, 14 and 11 so we have seen plenty of gross stuff. I once came out of a stall at a restaurant bathroom to find dd sucking on the thing on the wall that keeps the knob from putting a hole in the wall. It was just her height. Ds1 was known to peelmgum off the bottom of tables and eat it and was also know to eat his schnoogies. We were talking about what a healthy kid he is just this winter and be smiles and says "I guess eating your own boogers builds up your immunity". Thankfully if ds2 has done anything gross, I don't know about it
Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM

DD also pees on the floor during nakey time and stamps around in it until we manage to grab a towel to clean it up.

She also has a wierd fascination with seeing her poop. When we change a poopy diaper, she insists on seeing the poop before we flush it in the toilet. Ehh, if that's the worst she does with poop, I will be very happy.

On the gross factor - DD was sitting in my lap naked one day, slice of cheese in one hand, my cell phone in the other hand. She and I sang some songs and then we talked to each other. Needless to say, a week later, I was going through my voice memos on my cell phone in front of my mom. I ran across one of DD and I singing songs and played it for my mom, cause it was so sweet and adorable. But at the end, my voice is loud and clear - "No Sara, you can't put cheese in your vagina." Talk about embarassing! Sara had apparently hit the record memo button on my phone and caught the entire thing on tape...oh, the things you never thought you'd hear yourself say!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 AM

The very first day that DS learned to crawl, he crawled right over to the dog bed and put our dog's gross old bone in his mouth. We found him across the room, happily chewing away.

A few weeks ago I caught him picking a piece of chicken poop of DH's shoe and trying to eat that.

He's also very fond of pulling fists full of hair off of the dog and shoving them in his mouth...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triana1326 View Post
She also has a wierd fascination with seeing her poop. When we change a poopy diaper, she insists on seeing the poop before we flush it in the toilet. Ehh, if that's the worst she does with poop, I will be very happy.
DS went through a 2-month phase when he wanted to 'mell it. I will admit this only in an anonymous online forum.

When he first started pooping in the potty, he looked at each one, declaring how big it was. ("That big one Daddy-poopie," was the best.)

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
DD hasn't yet committed acts of deliberate faecal vileness, but she's still managed to gross me out on several occasions. She'll pull a chair to the kitchen sink, in which a casserole dish or saucepan is soaking - you know, full of nasty, greasy water with bits in it - get a spoon or ladle out of the drawer, and DRINK IT. Or alternatively, rub it over her face and hair - and when I catch her, say cheerfully "Washin' a face! C'ean!" So very, very gross...

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:28 AM

My 14 mo DS will also pee on the floor and splash in it if we don't get to him quick enough. I took him swimming this weekend and he was SO angry that I wouldn't let him drink the (relatively clean, but totally not drinkable) river water. He did manage to get a few gulps in but was not entirely satisfied

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 AM

DD fished a tampon applicator out of the trash last week. :Puke

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Middle dd ate a giant cockroach once :Puke. My friend's son ate a gecko. Friend said she looked at him and the tail was stuck to his lip wiggling away. :nana

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 AM

DS has eaten cat poop TWICE..... He also licked a public toilet when he was just learning how to pull up to stand while I was washing my hands. Yup, kids are gross!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 AM

My son takes poop out of his butt and plays with it. He smears it all over himself, walls, floor, etc. I hate it and almost puke every time I have to clean everything up. Ick!

Lilly, mum to one handsome boyand to one of God's angels in heaven
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Luckily my DS only likes to pee in his potty and wash his feet in it..
Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness View Post
DS2 went though about a six month obsession with digging around in his diaper right after he pooped. And I mean RIGHT after, where there's really no way I could have intercepted it. He was over a year old, probably about 18 months, and mobile, and he wasn't attached to me 24/7 anymore. Oh, it was so disgusting.... Ugh! Walls, floor, the tv, toys, sometimes his face/mouth..... Ick!
Ds2 has started doing this, so we stocked up on footie pajamas that zip so he can't get into his diaper anymore.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 AM

When DD was about 9 months old I took off her diaper and a tiny pellet fell out. I didn't notice it until I saw her make a face and spit it out on the floor.

User Tag List