Tips for toilet training - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-16-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tips for toilet training? I'm in France and have only one french toilet training book to read with my 2 year old- (not helpful). I know I could do some internet surfing but on limited time since travelling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-17-2010, 01:22 PM

I just started this arduous (sp?) process with my 18 mo. I think the best book I found on it is "diaper-free before 3" by Jill Lekovic, MD. I have been recommending it to everyone.

Wife to my great hubby 4/6/08, WOHM to Alex 1/10/09, my 2 gorgeous newfoundlands, and the cutest pug in the world! Expecting DS2 at the end of March, hoping for HBAC!

#3 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 02:41 AM

I second "Diaper Free". If you can't get a hold of it, she suggests the following: Get the child out of disposable diapers--put on cotton underpants so s/he can feel wetness or go naked. Put the child on the potty after naps, when s/he wakes up in the morning and before/after eating. Make potty trips part of the routine, not a question like, "Do you have to go potty?" Rather, let's go potty, wash hands and then go for a walk."

I've followed these tips with my dd for the last month and she's for all intents and purposes potty trained. Will cancel diaper service in August.

Jane: mama to 3 angels and The Champ(11/08) and Baby Z appearing in December

#4 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We are now potty trained, even through the night. DS is 30 months old, but we potty trained 24/7 starting at 28 months. We started peeing in the potty before bath and inbetween diapering at about 25 months. I put foam bath letters in the potty and told DS it would be really funny to put his pee-pee on the letters. Well, he did too apparently, and he did it. Afterwards, I sterilized the letters and we just did it over and over again for the next month or so. Then we did the lettrs only sometimes and then never.
We never used pull-ups, I would definitely advise against those as the two previous posters did.
Going number two, which we started working on in June was a different story. Required lots of waiting time on the potty and stratgeic planning, too. Gotta learn your babe's signals and get her on the potty quick.
DS was ready and thought it was soooo fun! We taked about i a lot, maybe too much, cause know he likes to joke about it a lot, and that I don't quite care for--the potty talk, you know.
Good luck! Have fun and she will too, I'm sure!

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page