brushing teeth - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post
We already hold her down to cut her nails and that is a huge trauma...But otherwise she scratches her face up terribly in her sleep. I don't want to have yet another thing we need to restrain her for, and every day!
We used to cut my dd's fingernails after she fell asleep. Just put on a headlamp so you can shine light just on her fingers and clip away! So much easier!
#32 of 36 Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Forgot to add an amazing book on reversing tooth decay.

Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel
#33 of 36 Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 AM

Make sounds, let your baby hold one toothbrush while you use another. Sing a silly song. Silliness really helps. Also, choices such as which toothbrush, etc.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#34 of 36 Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM

i think it hurts my teething 15 mo when we brush his teeth, but he always wants to do what we're doing, so he tolerates it for a few seconds.
We don't use toothpaste.
We have this:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Cross...ef=pd_sbs_ba_1
So i give him the nubby one to chew on (the handles look the same) and then i swoop in with the actual brush for a few seconds.
#35 of 36 Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM

Tooth brushing here is also not optional. We are early teeth people (I had four at four months) and our boys had four at 5 months. We started brushing with a soft brush as soon as the first teeth were through. In fact, one of the boys' first words was "teeth" as he pointed to the toothbrush after bath. Our little one is now 8 months and got here first two at 6 months. We also started brushing right away. We start early and they don't know anything else.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#36 of 36 Old 08-08-2010, 01:13 AM

Yes and No. It all depends on her mood. There are days she opens her mouth and days that she puts up a fight. I have found that if I brush my teeth first and she gets to watch, she is more receptive to having her teeth brushed. GL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page