How much cow milk does your BF toddler drink? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2.8 year-old had none until very recently, when she started having some with cereal occasionally. She just refuses to drink it, and she doesn't even BF much any more (2-3x/day). She does like yogurt and cheese a lot, though.
#32 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 PM

DD didn't drink cow's milk at all until after she weaned (25 months). I put a splash of it in her cereal in the morning and that was it. She did eat cheese and yogurt, though.

SAHM to DD (6/07) and DS (10/09); happily married to DH since 2/04 .
#33 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 06:11 PM

None. But we do cheese and yogurt etc.

Mama to three  
#34 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 06:36 PM

no milk but mine, ds is 23m. dh is the only one here that drinks any cow's milk. I use organic soy or sometimes almond to cook with, and we do eat cheese and ds gets yogurt. But he still nurses a lot!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#35 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 06:43 PM

DD started drinking cow's milk around 16 mo here and there, and now has about 5 - 10 oz a day, either in 2 or 3 sittings. She asks for it, and has a bottle before bed which has really eased my sore-nipples-from the hour long nursing session. Our bedtime nursing session immediately went down to about 20-30 min. Ahh. I'd like to do raw too, but feel like local, organic, un-homogenized is as good as we can do right now.

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
#36 of 39 Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
none here either.

Traveling around the world with my husband and son (8/2/09). Extended BFing, Co-sleeping, ECing/CDing, Babywearing, alternative vaccination, non-circing mama
#37 of 39 Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 AM

DS1 nursed until 20 months and I introduced cows milk just after 1 year when I returned to work.

I made sure he had no more than 8-12 oz per day because I was worried about him replacing food with milk, iron absorption issues, constipation, etc. He would eat cheese / yogurt also. Even though he was at daycare, they were not to offer him any dairy except for what I sent also.

DS1 is now 3 and he likes cows milk, prefers water though, but I still limit the amount, not necessarily daily but weekly.

Loving my two wild and crazy boys -- DS1 06/07 and DS2 12/09
#38 of 39 Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 AM

None. I just don't see a point since I am with her at home and nurse her whenever she wants. She loves drinking water and I would rather she drink that or breastmilk than anything else.

Wig wearing mommy to (06/12/09) 
#39 of 39 Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 AM

DD is 25 months and has between 9 and 18 oz of cow's milk a day. She's had one 9 oz bottle 3 days a week when I'm at work for about 6 months now. I just wasn't producing enough while pumping anymore. When it fits into our budget, it's organic raw milk, otherwise, just organic. She's still nursing several times a day and sometimes once in the middle of the night. She loooooves her bottles and it does give my husband the chance to cuddle with her in a way she otherwise wouldn't sit still for.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page