27 month old crying when baby sister cries - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any tips? My pretty sensitive and sweet little boy has started bursting into tears when his 6 month old sister cries. Usually the crying is her stuck in a corner she's rolled into or general baby fussiness. I'm not sure how to handle his crying. Usually I tend to her first and while I'm tending to her or after I'm done unsticking her from a corner I'll give him a hug and tell him it's okay and babies cry because they don't know how to talk. It usually calms him down but I'm just not sure what the right approach is to this. Up to now we've barely had any jealousy issues between him and the baby so I thought I'd gotten off the hook but it's beginning to show in little ways! My husband and I try as much as possible to spend one on one time with him on the weekends when the other can stay with the baby but that doesn't seem to help and actually could possibly be making it worse? IDK. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Amy

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
question? Is he crying for your attention or because his sister is upset?

My niece (25m) does this with her sister (12m) for a while now and usually its almost an empathy thing. My sister found explaining that 'sister' is ok she just cried because of X really helped. But I don't know if your is the same. She also gets anxious/ upset when my DS cries, but not as much.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page