Originally Posted by theatermom
A less choosy child in the wild would potentially have a short life span.
Well, in the wild, my kid would already have done some serious brain damage from eating stuff, then.
Good thing we have the nice lady at Poison Control, that's all I have to say. She said not to worry about the chunk of antiperspirant DD ate this morning.
I do NOT have a picky eater. I have an indiscriminate eater!
That being said, DD doesn't sit still very long for meals, so most of her daily calories come from snacks "on the run." Here are some things she likes:
- pickled eggs (I pickle them a dozen at a time so they're always easy to grab and feed her)
- slices of cheese
- sliced or slivered almonds (small enough that they aren't a choking hazard - she loves these)
- popcorn, raisins and dried apricots (we only introduced these when we were sure she was ready to chew them)
- Goldfish crackers (these are a special treat)
- ice cubes (iknowiknowiknow. Not good for babies. But she does like them.)
- frozen peas
- some canned foods, especially kidney beans and beets
- sliced apples
- blueberries and strawberries
- bits of bread with butter or peanut butter