September 2009 Moms and Toddlers! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 455 Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last post was getting long, so thought I'd start fresh in a new one.

My LO is sick with her second bout of croup right now, but handling it much better than the 1st. No middle of the night coughing fits this time. Just the weird sound on inhale when she wakes up and momma isn't in her room like she was when she fell asleep. Sleep is still an issue here. I am exhausted. She used to give me some 4-6 hour stretches every once in a while, but those are few and far between now. I got 3 hours and then 2 and then one last night. I start her out in her crib, and then she comes to bed with me after her first wake-up. I am kind of slowly working my way through the Dr. Jay Gordon night weaning thing combines with some NCSS stuff. She doesn't nurse to sleep any more, but she does still think she needs to nurse to sleep. I was limiting the time she can nurse, but with the croup, I am doing whatever I can to keep her calm and avoid the coughing fits. I am getting to the point where I really just need more sleep. I feel like a crappy mom to my older dd, my patience is shot and DH and I are arguing more because we are both exhausted. Not real arguments, but just the little stuff like you shouldn't shovel the snow right now because you'll be late for your meeting at work and my 6 YO is upset because we are arguing again. It's that we are so tired, we are not watching our tones. I assured her that we aren't mad at one another, but just like hse doesn't always agree with her friends, daddy and I don't always agree either. But she's been very sensitive to it lately and i know things will get better if I could get some sleep.

Bunny is so much fun right now. She is a helper too. I tell her to come help with the laundry and she goes over and stands at the dryer ready to put wet clothes in. I had to get her involved so I could get the laundry done and keep her out of trouble while I do it. But if I unload the dryer, she tries to take the clothes out of the basket and put thme back in the dryer. :) I'm not ready to let her help with dishes, but she likes to sweep. She still hates diaper changes, so she will not come if I ask her to.

She puzzles me with talking. She talked early, but has not kept any of those words in her vocabulary. She used to say hair, hello, lots of others. She wouldn't say dada for a while and is back to saying it, but rarely says momma or mom-mee like she used to. I guess that's normal. I don't remember from my 6 YO. She does say sis, uh-oh, o's, joosh (juice- which is water, my water bottle, and cup) and I know there have been some phrases, but am totally blanking. She understands a lot, so I'm not going to worry.

It amazes me how much and how well she plays with her sister. They develop their own little games and just have so much fun together. If I had known during my years of infertility and losses that my girls would end up being so close with 5 years between them, I would have saved a ton of tears. The anniversary of my positive test with her passing has made me think about that a lot lately. We're definitely ready to put the whole issue of fertility behind us if dh ever schedules his consult for his vas.

Ugh, gotta run, she's up from nap early. again.  

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#302 of 455 Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

We're in trouble now... Viv has figured out how to climb over the ottoman that we use to block the family room from the stairs. D'oh.  LOL.  She can almost get herself up onto the kitchen chairs too.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#303 of 455 Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post

We're in trouble now... Viv has figured out how to climb over the ottoman that we use to block the family room from the stairs. D'oh.  LOL.  She can almost get herself up onto the kitchen chairs too.

Haha!

Rowan isn't big enough to climb on the ottomans/chairs yet. But he's figured out the STOOL. He has a lil table with two stools in the dining room, and he's figured out that he can drag the stools over to the table/chair/gate/ottomans... and get where he wants. It's OK still at the gates b/c it just gets him higher (and still not enough that he can climb over), but he's definitely trying to get up on the kitchen table -- stool - chair - table. He's recently been taking the stool over to our elevated plants so he can dig in the dirt. He doesn't seem to want to pull the plants over - he just wants to get in the dirt. I think the kiddo needs some more outside time (darn Winter!)

I was thinking today... Remember the days when we'd comment on every lil thing they'd learned to do with their body? I mean, it wasn't so long ago that they'd just figured out LEGS. And now I barely notice that he can bend, squat (which is the new thing... squatting to inspect every little thing), lift one leg to get Up or Out.   Rowan also can take off his shirt (if you start one arm for him, he'll finish the rest); he can get out of his car-seat, once it's unlatched; he can grab three things with one hand - like 3 balls... and is still confused about how to get One of the balls to do something. He's slowly learning that TWO he can work with, three he can carry, but he'll have to put them down to get One to do something - like put in a toy.

Enyhoo... just a thought that we (me) used to analyze every single development... and suddenly there's like TEN and I've barely noticed! OMG! He's going to be fully functioning without me making a big stink of it!

So... to make a Stink of it :-)

- Uh-Oh, All the time

- Ow. He'll bang his head repeatedly against the carseat/chair/ottoman... and say Ow. Doesn't get that OW is supposed to be associated with Pain and to not do it again. But he's getting that we say OW when he hits us. It's a start.

- Tarzan - loves to hit on his belly and yell Ahhhhhhh.  I dunno why :-)

- spinning. LOVES to spin.

- Backing up to you with his butt to sit down. Whether it's your lap/belly/face, he backs up to sit on you.

- Throwing his head back in laughter. Almost forced laughter with a somewhat evil smile :-) Like it's REALLY really funny, or indication that he's ready to go to sleep

- Trying to Take Off His Diaper. Help!

Where are your kiddos with Forks? Again, I seem to chalk maybe too much to daycare. But Rowan is all about the fork. He gets the stabbing action. He can certainly put it in his mouth. But he doesn't get yet that there's food already on the fork. So it's not about the eyes - it's about the action.

Ro's FInally got hair. A huge crazy mullet of curls; and a significant amount on the top. I just looked at his 1yr pictures where he was still virtually bald. His hair growth in the past months has been amazing. It's awesome! I'm all about long hair, so I'll not cut it - at least not the curls.

Ok. I'm Done :-) Been a while since I've posted.

woohoo I'm a mommy! Lil man born 9-12-09
#304 of 455 Old 01-22-2011, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanKX View Post

Haha!

Rowan isn't big enough to climb on the ottomans/chairs yet. But he's figured out the STOOL. He has a lil table with two stools in the dining room, and he's figured out that he can drag the stools over to the table/chair/gate/ottomans... and get where he wants. It's OK still at the gates b/c it just gets him higher (and still not enough that he can climb over), but he's definitely trying to get up on the kitchen table -- stool - chair - table. He's recently been taking the stool over to our elevated plants so he can dig in the dirt. He doesn't seem to want to pull the plants over - he just wants to get in the dirt. I think the kiddo needs some more outside time (darn Winter!)

So... to make a Stink of it :-)

- Uh-Oh, All the time

- Ow. He'll bang his head repeatedly against the carseat/chair/ottoman... and say Ow. Doesn't get that OW is supposed to be associated with Pain and to not do it again. But he's getting that we say OW when he hits us. It's a start.

- Tarzan - loves to hit on his belly and yell Ahhhhhhh.  I dunno why :-)

- spinning. LOVES to spin.

- Backing up to you with his butt to sit down. Whether it's your lap/belly/face, he backs up to sit on you.

- Throwing his head back in laughter. Almost forced laughter with a somewhat evil smile :-) Like it's REALLY really funny, or indication that he's ready to go to sleep

Where are your kiddos with Forks? Again, I seem to chalk maybe too much to daycare. But Rowan is all about the fork. He gets the stabbing action. He can certainly put it in his mouth. But he doesn't get yet that there's food already on the fork. So it's not about the eyes - it's about the action.

Ro's FInally got hair. A huge crazy mullet of curls; and a significant amount on the top. I just looked at his 1yr pictures where he was still virtually bald. His hair growth in the past months has been amazing. It's awesome! I'm all about long hair, so I'll not cut it - at least not the curls.

Ok. I'm Done :-) Been a while since I've posted.

Viv is totally into digging in the plants too.  We've used a baby fence to keep them out of her reach.  I think in the spring she will be helping dh with the garden. :)  She also spins, dances to music (more like tips side to side - hilarious), laughs the same way, takes her diaper off any time that she doesn't have clothes on (and sometimes unfastens it through her clothes), and is getting pretty proficient with a fork and spoon.

We did give Viv a hair cup... well, bangs.  her hair kept getting in her face and when she was sick she constantly had snot in her hair.  So, we trimmed them.  She looks so different without her wispy baby hair in her face.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#305 of 455 Old 01-22-2011, 09:13 AM

Lol at the stories of the kiddos!  It is amazing how these little people can make us so happy by doing the simplest things. smile.gif

Lake tries to climb in and out of the tub!

-climbs on the table and tells stories.

-MUST feed himself.  We just got him a few forks and he is doing really well.  He stabs and scoops a little and gets some of it in his mouth!

-shakes his whole body to say 'no'. It looks like a dog shaking off water, haha.

-is learning to give kisses with his mouth closed! It is so cute, he sucks his lips in like fish lips.

-claps for himself when he follows directions.

-does the side to side dance

-blows his nose with his fingers. ewwwwwww

mkksmom, so sorry your Bunny has croup again. I hope she starts to feel better soon!  Sounds like you've got a lot going on at home!  I can relate, though! :)  Lake did the same thing as Bunny in terms of dropping words.  He'd learn a new word and it was like the others just disappeared.  They're all back now though and he is adding more constantly.  I guess it is just the way it happens sometimes. shrug.gif

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#306 of 455 Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanKX View Post

Pants!  Always.

Or snaps. 

A can sometimes get his snap dipes off, if he's stubborn about it, but velcro ones come right off.  First time he did it was in a sposie - I opened it to discover a dirty, closed it back up to get wipes, left him sitting on the couch.  Came back out to discover he'd opened it back up, tearing it in half in the process, and was playing in the poop (still sitting on the couch).  Poo everywhere.  He went directly into the bathtub.

Then the other day I put him in a dipe... think it was a trifold PF in a velcro cover.  Next thing I know the dipe hits the floor.  He walks about 3 feet and proceeds to pee on the floor.  eyesroll.gif  All while I'm across the room watching him, grabbing for another dipe to put on him.  <sigh>

Forks are his latest thing.  He's been playing with them for ages, but just in the last few days he's been insisting on trying to feed himself with my fork (we never did the baby silverware thing).  He takes it away from me, tries to stab his egg and get it into his mouth.  He does really well, but manuevering the fork around without dropping the egg is tricky.  He needs more practice with that. 

So, looks like I left off with allergic to dairy.  Seems he also doesn't tolerate beef, which is the basis of our diet.  So right now he's limited to eating basically eggs and apples while I try to figure out what he doesn't react to.  He loves his apples though - he's figured out I leave them in the shopping bag, and he'll go over to the bag and dig out the apple (which is amongst other fruit/veg, he always gets the apple).  And then he'll just sit down and eat.  This morning I was behind a gate, and he came over to me for a moment and then walked away.  A few minutes later I wondered what was up, peeked around the corner and he was sitting on the floor eating his apple.  He ate about 3/4 of a whole apple all by himself.  I mean, he winds up covered in sticky, but <shrug>. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#307 of 455 Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Cristeen--that's tough!  We're vegetarian, Noam can't have dairy and he won't eat eggs. . .so I feel your pain.  Does A like beans?  

Noam likes forks too, but mostly when they are in my dinner. . .which means my dinner winds up in my lap. Sigh.

I love all the stuff they learn too!  He backs up to sit in my lap now, its funny, b/c he backs up so slowly and deliberately.  And he is trying to learn to sit on his potty, which he just got re-interested in, but he often misses and winds up sitting on the floor! Oh and he finally gives kisses and hugs, not on command though, only spontaneously which is sweet.  He loves to stack blocks into towers and takes this job very seriously. He's really getting into language now, both signing and speaking which is super fun.  And he seems to be in really good spirits lately. . .I'm wondering when he'll get the next teeth though, he still only has 8 and I wonder if this contributes to his food pickiness. Some things he likes, but still gags on (like raw apple) b/c he just doesn't have the molars to chew with!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#308 of 455 Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM

Bunny is doing better with the croup. Still stuffy, but not coughing. I keep putting off typing all of this, but I actually taught her to fall asleep in her crib and we were doing really well. Ok, I shouldn't admit this on here, and don't try this at your home, but I actually climbed in with her for a week or so and then snuck out. Then I moved to just sitting next to her, shhing and patting. Well we were still doing naps in the stroller b/c I like to be able to walk her back down if hse wakes too early/crying. But her diaper leaked int he stroller, so the cover was hanging to dry last Thursday. I put her down for the AM nap in her stroller, and you would think we'd been doing it that way forever. Read a book, nursed a few min and then put her in the crib when she popped off and tried to climb down from the glider. Patted and shh-ed and she went down easily.  PM nap-- not so much. SO she was really mad about the whole idea. Sometimes if I leave for a minute and come back, seh     is just glad I'm back or something and calms down, so I tried that. Ticked her off even more and when I returned, she was hitting me. So I moved across the room and sat in the glider while she SCREAMED and was re-evaluating things. Give up on nap? Nurse her down in my bed? See if she calms down? I glanced away to avoid eye contact b/c that would make her even more mad, looked up to see her teetering over the edge of the crib, hanging at the waist. She fell head first out of the crib. Little booger is only 31 inches tall. She had bare feet and she has amazing upper body strength. I didn't realize she was even trying to climb out because it wasn't a whole process. She just did it. We have hardwood in her bedroom, so I was freaking out. Her cry didn't change (was still a really ticked off cry) and she calmed down but was a bit dazed. Not really looking at me arms down at her sides for a minute. I called the doc and while I was on the phone with dh, she got down and picked up some photos and asked "Dis?" and I was so relieved.  I took her to the doc who checked her over and sent us home. Said waking her wasn't needed but I could if I wanted, which I did.

So it figures! I finally taught her to fall asleep in her crib, and she can't sleep in there any more. I stuck her mattress next to mine for now (mine is on the floor because she always comes in with me at some point in the night). Although, I kept the routine of not nursing to sleep. She has stories, prayers and mama milk in her room and then we move to my room and she tosses and turns and finally settles on her own. I even stopped shhhh-ing and patting because it only seems to aggravate her sometimes.  We still have to work on getting her room child-proof before I will feel OK with letting her sleep there. She's only gotten up twice a night for the past few, so if we can make progress with her in our room, then that's OK too, I guess.

Well, I need to get up to bed.

Oh, she's back to saying Mam for mama/mommy again, so I'm happy. She remembered "Yook (look) at dat!" which was the phrase she used to say, so I feel better about the talking for now. She also only has 8 teeth, but is working on a molar now. Can't wait to put teething behind us!

#309 of 455 Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Aw man! LO is getting something else now. 103.3 fever tonight. *sigh*

#310 of 455 Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM

mkksmom--so sorry about that! It sucks when they are sick and sick so often.

Well, we are finally getting more teeth here. Seems like has had 8 teeth forever.  But suddenly this week I discovered his top molars starting to peek through.  And he's been a little cranky, but nothing like with the other teeth. So yay for that!  His sleep hasn't been great, but that's nothing new. Sigh.

He's really getting excited about the talking. . .it's so cute.  He still only says one sound at a time. . .like he says mama and nana (for banana), but that's just repeating the same sound, any other two syllable words he turns into one syllable. .. he says berry as "bree".  

I wish he'd eat more. . .I'm starting to think about TTC, but he still nurses too much for me to even get pg.  I don't want to push him to give up any BFing sessions before he's ready though.  So, I'm torn.  Anyway, my plan is to wait till this summer to really worry about that. I'd like him to be a lot closer to 2y before I have to worry about loosing my milk supply.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#311 of 455 Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 PM

mkksmom, how scary that Bunny fell out of the crib.  Lake did once but luckily I was right there and caught him before he actually hit the ground.  He was terrified!  And I was just in shock almost, because it happened so fast and I couldn't believe that I actually caught him.  Lake's crib was at the 2nd lowest setting so we just decided to move him to a toddler bed.  Plus, we didn't want him to feel like we "kicked him out" of his crib for the new baby.  Anyway, I'm glad that Bunny didn't get hurt.  I hope her sickies go away though!

Lake is also going through a huge teething phase.  He just added three more in the last two weeks, I think.  And it seems like all the rest are working there way in.  He is pretty fussy right now but his sleep isn't all that bad.

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#312 of 455 Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM
tzs

on man, ladies....my toddler is turning me into one of those flashcard moms!!!

seriously, the last couple weeks all she does all day is bring books to me and try to get me to name objects or animals and make the corresponding noises. i feel like she's forcing me to "baby einstein" her.  i don't know how many times an hour i can stand to review "brown bear brown bear." i used to think this was a weird parenting route that some people took but now i know the truth. it's like i'm drilling her for the SAT's over here or something. we have even instituted what i call "biology class" which entails watching random youtube videos of various animals. and she walks around singing her jibberish version of the ABC's, thereby forcing us to sing along. and numbers!?! "two.....treeeeeee......two....treeeee.....two.......two......" this was not of my doing!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#313 of 455 Old 01-30-2011, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

seriously, the last couple weeks all she does all day is bring books to me and try to get me to name objects or animals and make the corresponding noises. i feel like she's forcing me to "baby einstein" her.  i don't know how many times an hour i can stand to review "brown bear brown bear." i used to think this was a weird parenting route that some people took but now i know the truth. it's like i'm drilling her for the SAT's over here or something. we have even instituted what i call "biology class" which entails watching random youtube videos of various animals. and she walks around singing her jibberish version of the ABC's, thereby forcing us to sing along. and numbers!?! "two.....treeeeeee......two....treeeee.....two.......two......" this was not of my doing!

So cute! I'm shocked at how much DS can do-- he's with a sitter for 6 hrs a day, so sometimes he'll bust out with new stuff that neither dh or I taught him. I totally can see myself getting flash cards-- right now thats what we use his books for, and flashcards would hurt less when thrown.

Just a little brag on him-- He's so great with his little sister. He does 'one finger touch' and says 'babeeeee' when she cries (and when he see's the playpen, or my parents dog; so don't be too impressed). He also can point out her nose and eyes, and so far hasn't caused any physical damage to her. 1 week down, 18 years to go!

Does anyone have any ideas on reconnecting with a lo this age?

I've been in a lot of pain lately, and ds is in the care of others almost 24-7 for the past few months. I know it might be new baby blues, but he doesn't come to me, or seem to want to be held by me. He's constantly waving bye-bye, and the other day he slung his 'purse' over his shoulder and waved bye to me, just like I do to him all the time. I know I should be glad that he's so independent, but I do want to be close to him again. I've been trying to give him his bottles and feed him in his high chair. I still can't lift him; and dh and I are still debating whether to resume nursing (that is, even if DS is willing.)

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#314 of 455 Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 AM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

So cute! I'm shocked at how much DS can do-- he's with a sitter for 6 hrs a day, so sometimes he'll bust out with new stuff that neither dh or I taught him. I totally can see myself getting flash cards-- right now thats what we use his books for, and flashcards would hurt less when thrown.

Just a little brag on him-- He's so great with his little sister. He does 'one finger touch' and says 'babeeeee' when she cries (and when he see's the playpen, or my parents dog; so don't be too impressed). He also can point out her nose and eyes, and so far hasn't caused any physical damage to her. 1 week down, 18 years to go!

Does anyone have any ideas on reconnecting with a lo this age?

I've been in a lot of pain lately, and ds is in the care of others almost 24-7 for the past few months. I know it might be new baby blues, but he doesn't come to me, or seem to want to be held by me. He's constantly waving bye-bye, and the other day he slung his 'purse' over his shoulder and waved bye to me, just like I do to him all the time. I know I should be glad that he's so independent, but I do want to be close to him again. I've been trying to give him his bottles and feed him in his high chair. I still can't lift him; and dh and I are still debating whether to resume nursing (that is, even if DS is willing.)

wow!!! congrats!!!!! 

i totally worry about ada with a baby....sounds like you lucked out!

i love the purse thing. my friend has said her ds who is the same age has been imitating her by reading home decor magazines, brushing hair, and pretending to put on make-up. i wish i could be so inspiring to ada but i haven't worn make-up in like over a year. she imitates me but it's like.....picking her nose when she catches me doing it. such a bad example!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#315 of 455 Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM

Congrats texmati! You did luck out with DS being so great with DD.  I hope that Lake adjusts that well! I've got no suggestions on how you can reconnect with DS though.  Lake loves his dad and is constantly following him around.  He cries whenever DH leaves the room but rarely does that for me!  I understand how it can be to see DS not needing you as much.  I guess just give it some more time and appreciate the fact that you can focus on DD without worrying that DS feels left out.

#316 of 455 Old 01-31-2011, 12:56 PM

Congratulations Texmati!!!

I have a friend who was on bedrest. Her kiddos are about year apart and her oldest did stop coming to her for things. It took a while to get back to normal, but things did get back to normal. Remember that it isn't a matter of how much he loves you. He has just learned that you can't do as much and doesn't expect you to. But this is all temporary. Just keep plugging. You'll get there. It must be hard, but like you said, one week down already.

So Bunny ended up with a 103.5 fever and I took her to the ped to hear that she has a virus, which is what I wanted, but I should have just trusted my momma gut and waited-- rather than expose her to even more germs. She still has a nasty cough, but the fever is gone. Then she broke out in hives. I can't think of anything that would have caused them (food-wise- she had nothing new), so hopefully it's just the virus. I was just talking about how hard it is to work through these things.

I've started dieting a bit-- just cutting calories. I only lost 2 lb the first week, which is annoying. But Bunny still nurses about 10 times per day and I've never been one to lose the last 15 pounds while nursing, so it's better than nothing, and I'll keep on plugging.

So how busy are your LO's keeping you these days? Bunny keeps me on my toes! She is pulling out the laundry as I fold it, wandering around finding things to get into... just started climbing on chairs (because I said she didn't really so that). I want to exercise and get more housework done, but it's really  challenge. Sleep can be hard to come by, so my energy is down. I just can't wait until things settle down a bit. With Honey, she was about 20 months or so, and there was a glimmer of hope that things would settle. By 2, we were taking the baby gates down. Hope this LO gets there soon, and yet this time is so fun, I'm trying to cherish it.

#317 of 455 Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkksmom View Post

I've started dieting a bit-- just cutting calories. I only lost 2 lb the first week, which is annoying. But Bunny still nurses about 10 times per day and I've never been one to lose the last 15 pounds while nursing, so it's better than nothing, and I'll keep on plugging.

2 pounds in a week is a-MAZ-ing! 

#318 of 455 Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 AM

Congrats on your Newest LO Texmati!!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#319 of 455 Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Thank you! I was hoping for that first week big loss, but I am up to 3 pounds today, so I am psyched again. I really want to feel good about my body at the pool this summer. I'm only 5' tall, so every pound shows on me. :)

#320 of 455 Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 AM

strongfeather--Ummmmm,  I just saw your siggie. . .your pg????  Congrats!  (I'm so jealous!)  How are you feeling? When are you going to announce it to the wider world?  Anywho. . .I'd love to hear your story of TTC while BFing. . .are you still BFing?  Just curious as we are getting the itch to TTC too, but my cycles just came back and are really wacky.  Besides this morning N was up at 4am, that does not make me think I can handle a second right now!  :(

Texmati--Congrats on your new DD!  I find that when N is frustrated by my lack of attention, I need to just set everything aside and not look at my phone or pc or anything for 20min and just sit on the floor and play a game with him.  This always improves things soooo much when he's grumpy.  I know it's a different situation, but you might find that you reconnect better with him over play (as much as you can while healing, it can be quiet play--N loves to stack blocks with me or just read books) than feeding. Just my 2 cents.

tzs--I call it "book torture"! LOL. I am so glad that N likes books, really, but when I have to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear for the 20th time, I feel like I could just gouge my eyes out!  We have lots of books and most of them I love, but he is all about having me read the same 5 books over and over and over. Oh boy. 

#321 of 455 Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
tzs

"book torture!!!!" 

i love it!

speaking of torture though, i took ada with me to the dmv yesterday. ugh! she turned into one of "those" toddlers the second we walked in the door...you know, the kind you see being dragged out of the grocery store screaming. she's never really been like that before so either it was a rite of passage or maybe she could sense the boredom and desperation of the dmv. all i know is that my co-teacher this year was african american and i could hear her voice echoing in my head..."you never see black kids acting like that...." 

and it was true....although the only other toddler aged kid there had a smart phone to play with so not a totally fair comparison.

#322 of 455 Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Ha ha tzs. . .and 'oh no' at the same time.  I feel your pain. I would never, ever attempt to take N into the DMV (assuming I could avoid it).  I feel like a throwing a screaming fit in that place so why wouldn't they?!  I had to stop taking N to the post office, b/c he would get like that there. And the last trip we made to Target was no fun. He likes the grocery store though, thank goodness!

#323 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Kismetbaby- Yes! I thought of this yesterday after i posted, that I hadn't even mentioned that I was Pregnant here; and I meant to come back and announce  /explain, but my day got the best of me. We just recently found out, and I am waiting on really telling the wide world (you know aka: facebook, lol) for a while. Most likely not until at least 8 weeks.

I know some of you are my facebook friend, so try to not mention anything, ok? Or else I'll have some IRL friends who will be super surprised!!! Not to mention some of my extended family that would be like, "huh?"

Let's see. I finally got my period back a month or so after DS's 1 birthday in august. The cycle was a little wacky, then normal, then wacky again. My Dr. said with my thyroid issue (I am now just straight diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis now, since it refused to clear up within a year) and the fact that I am still breastfeeding it was no surprise my periods were a little crazy. We were planning on trying starting in April/May, but got this little surprise! I was keeping track of my cycles and periods and fertile times, but now that I look back on it, I see we were cutting it a little close, clearly, right? Haha. So we weren't actually TTC, just practicing as they say, and not even that frequently due to all the planning and lack of time to even be together with out DS right there. So we are looking at it as it's meant to be.

Sam will be 2 years and about 1-2 months when the new baby arrives, so that is all I wanted was at least 2 years apart. Now I am trying to keep my stress level down, and try not to worry too much about how my thyroid condition will make this pregnancy a little more monitored than the last. I am happy to say that I have a supportive amazing Dr who has helped guide my thyroid hormones back to normal, so I am confident and trusting in her to help see me and my midwives through this as well!

Hope this helps a little love.gif  I think once you do indeed get the positive you start to realize that just like with #1, things will fall into place one way or another. BUT  don't get me wrong, I have been going through some serious processing and thinking on the whole ordeal! Such mixed feelings the whole thing, Sam won't be my "baby" anymore, and it won't be just him and I during the days. But on the other hand I am so excited to see him grow into being a big brother!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#324 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

StrongFeather - congrats on the pregnancy and hope that it will be uneventful.

Tex - didn't say it in the other thread, but congrats on your baby.

#325 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 PM

I feel you ladies on the books. A will have me read the same book 20x in a row if i were willing. I draw the line at 3x, and then i grab another book. We have 3 shelves of books (i got rid of the ones that were horrible, so those are all good books) He isnt really throwing things yet, except legos.

His newest game is hats. As much as hes loving putting them on and taking them off, im wondering if i need to start thinking about dress-up clothes. He doesnt care if theyre daddy's baseball caps or his sun hat, he'll bring it to me to put on his head in new and interesting ways over and over.

We are still struggling w allergies, since in addition to both cow and goat milk, now we've added beef to the list. And he doesnt care for beans most of the time. Im really struggling w solids, and we have less than 2 wks of known safe formula left, and no idea what to do then.

He's also started bringing me his empty bottle when hes hungry, which he just did, so id better go fill it for him.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

#326 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 12:13 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post

I feel you ladies on the books. A will have me read the same book 20x in a row if i were willing. I draw the line at 3x, and then i grab another book. We have 3 shelves of books (i got rid of the ones that were horrible, so those are all good books) He isnt really throwing things yet, except legos.

His newest game is hats. As much as hes loving putting them on and taking them off, im wondering if i need to start thinking about dress-up clothes. He doesnt care if theyre daddy's baseball caps or his sun hat, he'll bring it to me to put on his head in new and interesting ways over and over.

We are still struggling w allergies, since in addition to both cow and goat milk, now we've added beef to the list. And he doesnt care for beans most of the time. Im really struggling w solids, and we have less than 2 wks of known safe formula left, and no idea what to do then.

He's also started bringing me his empty bottle when hes hungry, which he just did, so id better go fill it for him.

i see some dress-up inclinations over here too. it's funny how these things pop up around the same age for totally different kids....strange little buggers. ada does the hats and she also finds this essential oil diffuser ring that's in the drawer and puts it on like a bracelet. i really don;t know where that comes from since i rarely wear jewelry and never bracelets....but i was thinking of stocking up on some at goodwill or some cool bangles from an indian store and making her a mini dress-up basket. we actually already have a tray of old sunglasses which was always a big hit with visiting kids and now ada is into it but still needs help putting them on. 

so that's really strange about the beef....is that an allergy that pops up in kids? would it matter if you got like...super pure organic grass-fed local beef that you could be sure had no fillers? like at a farmers market or something???? we're huge on eggs, i make them probably everyday for either breakfast or lunch or stick them in a dinner thing like peanut noodles or something, but i can't remember how they go over at your house. what about ground pork or buffalo or something??? don't babies love bacon maybe????

#327 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
tzs

oh and also they now make a coconut milk kefir thing that we use in smoothies or i can even blend it with some jam or *gasp* chocolate mix to give it to her as a drink. it's chock full of fat and i think protein.

#328 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Beef is an unusual one, and IIRC, can be an indicator that the milk problem wont be outgrown. And i only buy grass fed, and thats what he reacted to.

And he doesnt mnd bacon in something, but wont just eat a piece (weird kid). I picked up ground pork and a tky breast to give him. Im going to turn the tky into a spread, since he adores fry bread (which is how ive been getting fat into him), i'll try spreading it on there. And maybe ill try little pork meatballs. He does like eggs, thankfully, but he needs a bit more variety. I draw the line at 2/day right now.

Oh, and the coconut yogurts/kefirs all have fillers/stabilizers that i cant be sure of.

#329 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM

strongfeather: Congrats! I also have Hashimoto's - did they do the antibody tests or just declare it Hashimoto's? The antibody tests are simple but the only true way to distinguish Hashimoto's from other thyroid conditions. 

I want to update but am typing from my phone, so I'll save it for later.

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
#330 of 455 Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 PM

I developed what they call Postpartum Thyroiditis, and at almost 18 months later, after we tried a bunch of natural remedies to gently encourage normal function in my Thyroid, we had to begin hormone replacement therapy. I take a compounded natural (non synthetic) thyroid daily first thing in the morning. I am just reading the "Hasimoto's" from my lab slips :)

As of **right now** my levels we are good and healthy, but we are retesting in a week to be sure they are good now that I am pregnant. I can't say I am not nervous about trying to monitor this while pregnant. The whole thing seems really stressful and scary to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page