September 2009 Moms and Toddlers! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck with your race! Can't wait to hear about it.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#62 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM

I feel like an imposter... There is no toddling going on in *this* house! Ethan doesn't even stand by himself yet. He can stay upright if we let go, but he gets scared and squats down after a few seconds. He also walks along behind his push toy, but he won't walk holding just one hand.

His first birthday party is next weekend, and I'm SO not ready for him to be a year old. He's definitely big enough for it; I think he weighs around 26 lbs and is in 18 month clothes. Part of that is because of his cloth diaper booty, but he's pretty tall as well. I don't need to hunch over at all to walk holding his hands. I keep meaning to measure him, but I haven't done it yet.

I'm pretty nervous about the party... The guest list ended up being much bigger than I was hoping. DH's family is pretty large, since everyone has at least 3 kids. Which is fine except his siblings and his cousins are loud and use a lot of foul language around their kids... And then DH decided he had to invite just about everyone he works with. I'm seriously hoping that a lot of people don't show up. Is that wrong? But my 90 year old grandma is coming down from Detroit, so I'm super-excited, and it makes up for everything else I suppose.

Does anyone else's baby refuse to play with toys? He'll play with them for a minute or so sometimes, but usually if I'm on the floor with him, he wants to climb all over me. DH doesn't seem to have that problem, and neither do our babysitters.

And speaking of toys, what kind of things do your little ones play with? Maybe we just don't have the right kind of things...? We have a shape sorter, a few little trucks and wooden toys with wheels, blocks, an "aquarium" that plays music and lights up if you push/turn/move the fish around, a push-the-beads-along-the-metal-track thing, and the walk-behind push toy. And some other little things, but those are the bigger ones.

2boyz - Good luck on your race! I've been running, but I'm not at that level yet. And I did 40 sit-ups the other day and thought I would die the day after! This from the girl who could do 51 sit-ups in a minute 2 years ago! Oh well. Totally my own fault. Good for you, though!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#63 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 05:28 PM

I did it!!! My feet are killing me, I had cramps in the balls of my feet the entire second half of the race, then my calf threatened to cramp the last 2 miles, I also have a large blister on my right heel and two purple toe nails BUT I DID IT!!!

I'm uploading pictures to facebook now, I'll link you guys when I'm done. It was so much fun!!! I had nothing left in me at the end, I tried to eat a banana, almost puked, tried to drink a Myoplex, almost puked, found my family and sat down and almost puked again, LOL!

Several of my coworkers ran the race too, so we all met at a bar afterwards and by the time we got there I was feeling much better and wsa HUNGRY! I ate a turkey club and french fries (I deserved it!) and now I'm fine. I have a lot of fluids to replace, I'm working on it now.

The finishers medals are great this year! The American flag and POW/MIA flag were parachuters dropped from a C-130. We had aircraft flyovers early in the race, then they just stopped, not sure why. The crowd was great, the aid stations were all themed, the other runners were wonderful (I love reading tshirts at races!) Just a great experience

Who wants to do it next year with me? If you're out of town, you can stay at my place!! The distances are 5K, 10K, half marathon, and full marathon.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#64 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 05:48 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=634508169 Here they are! I made the album public, so you should all be able to see it. I didn't upload any of the pictures of the aid station or mile markers (I took pictures of every mile marker and aid station!) I took 114 pictures total today, LOL!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#65 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Congratulations!!

Your boys are all so adorable, too!

Can you believe that a year ago this week we were both having phantom labors...? Amazing how the time just flew!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#66 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post
Congratulations!!

Your boys are all so adorable, too!

Can you believe that a year ago this week we were both having phantom labors...? Amazing how the time just flew!
THanks! I think they're pretty cute

I know!! A year ago I didn't even GO to the marathon because I was SOOO pregnant, I couldn't walk around much!

#67 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM

I just realized that I haven't shared any photos in a LONG time. Here are some from today; there was a "harvest festival" at the farmer's market today, so Ethan got his first pony ride!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=0d89c314d8

(someone let me know if it works... I haven't shared photos on Facebook before)

#68 of 455 Old 09-18-2010, 09:58 PM

What a cutie Diana! And yes, your link worked!

Happy Birthday to all our Sept babes! Still have a couple weeks to go for Noam's 1st, but I am really loving this stage. It's just so much fun!!! He's becoming so communicative (with sign) and so, so adventurous. He LOVES being outside and we go to a park everyday now. He's been going back and forth, but I think he's officially gone to one nap a day.

Any mamas NOT get their period back yet? I still haven't and frankly, I'm surprised. Maybe I shouldn't be as he still nurses throughout the night, but I just assumed it would have returned by now. It's not a problem. . .for now. Another 6 months though and we'll likely want to start TTC. Do you think I'll have to night wean at that point?

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#69 of 455 Old 09-19-2010, 12:07 AM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymeag View Post
Anyone got a kid with a tomato/nightshade allergy? My bd has an eggplant allergy and we've noticed tiny rash-like bumps, trouble sleeping and poop issues everytime Niall has tomatoes. Rivka's eggplant allergy is more clear-cut - she gets large blisters in her mouth. I plan on asking about it at his well-baby on Monday but any info would be appreciated.

come to think of it....maybe???????
ada ended up with tiny rashlike bumps on her chin after a hardcore eggplant lasagna session at daycare. i thought maybe it was just from them using wipes on her face since i've seen kids get really raw skin from tomatoes before and it didn;t quite look the same.
guess i'll have to look into it she eats tons of tomato and the occasional baba ganoush and this is the first time 've noticed.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#70 of 455 Old 09-19-2010, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post
Does anyone else's baby refuse to play with toys? He'll play with them for a minute or so sometimes, but usually if I'm on the floor with him, he wants to climb all over me.

And speaking of toys, what kind of things do your little ones play with? Maybe we just don't have the right kind of things...? We have a shape sorter, a few little trucks and wooden toys with wheels, blocks, an "aquarium" that plays music and lights up if you push/turn/move the fish around, a push-the-beads-along-the-metal-track thing, and the walk-behind push toy.
Rowan is the same with toys... he is all about ME. Because I'm there, 24/7. He loves books, but loves them more on my lap. Wants to play with toys, but better if crawling on Me, or getting Me to "do" the toys (stack, sing, etc.).

Today, we just spent 1/2hr literally laying on the floor. And I thought.. boy, if you end up in daycare, what will they think of you :-) You just want to be crawling on humans on the floor.

He will play for 30-45min every morning after first waking up, totally independent. Playing with the rings or stacks; my sister got him a melissa & doug, pin & hammer toy (I dunno how else to describe it... it's got 6 colored pins that you bang with a hammer), that he won't hammer, but he loves to take the pins out and put them back in. He'll also put a block/ball inside an old wipes container, in/out, over and over again. He'll do this for a Long time before he realizes that I'm around and needs me to play with him.

I am very verbal and I sing along, it's just my nature. So he has a few musical toys (ie. the turtle that sings the counting song), that he loves.. but won't play with unless I'm around. He pushes the button and looks to ME to sing the song.
I feel like I've led him on this way... like he can't play with it without me because I sing to it. I did just buy him his first musical DVD (I've been opposed to tv up til now)... and he LOVES it. He is mesmerized by the singing babies. So, maybe he just likes music and it's not so much me. I've forced myself NOT to sing along.

Rowan is also not walking yet. But the push/truck has recently become a lot of fun. If I put it in the corner of the room, he'll walk the length of the room... so excited about doing it.

single, WAH home, to my only very kind & sweet lil man
#71 of 455 Old 09-19-2010, 02:31 AM

Happy birthday little ones!

Grey's the end of the month (the 28th) so we still have a little while longer to wait. He's been taking some unassisted steps here and there... seems like a little more every day. He took 16 in a row today, tripling his previous record.

He's getting his first two molars in and it has been AWFUL. He's fine if I keep him really busy and stimulated, but that minute there's nothing going on, he's just totally miserable. He likes to be a pretty busy guy normally but this is... too much. Mama needs some downtime, and preferably downtime WITHOUT a screaming baby clinging to her leg!

These teeth seem so much worse than his other 8 were. None of the usual stuff is working. I don't know what to do other than to wait for them to be here. :P

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#72 of 455 Old 09-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Congrats on the marathon! I'm in awe!

We're all dealing with a nasty cold here, and the boys are feeling pretty crummy when they wake and right before bed, but once they are up and about it's a little better. They caught it at our EI playgroup from a little girl who's dad swore up and down that she just had 'allergies'. Ugh. Allergies my bum.

It SNOWED here a couple days ago. SNOW!!!

Keagan still has only 4 teeth, but he's teething again, so we'll see what pops through soon. He's making the shift to loving solids- and nursing less during the day. He still nurses all night, but it works for now. I love that he is still cosleeping, but I really wish I could get him to fall asleep in my bed without me. He likes to start the night in his pack and play in my kitchen then get up for a marathon nursing session right before I go to bed. Only then is he ready to go to bed. However, he is down to only waking about three times a night now- YAY!
#73 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

I thought I'd share a pic of Viv from last night. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...vcrazyhair.jpg

She's not crazy about sitting down to take a bath, but is willing to stand and be wiped down.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#74 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 PM

Diana - fave toys here include the Ikea ring stacker , and a melissa & doug puzzle g'ma sent for his bday. Along w anything that makes sounds, which includes an egg shaker, the piano and a couple plastic monstrosities, oh and some aluminum pie plates he found in my cupboard. He hasnt figured out the xylophone, but loves if i play it. Hasnt figured out his congo either (a gift from g'pa). He did just get a shape sorter, but doesnt really sort independently. Oh, and he also loves his wooden helicopter and truck. Some things he only likes if someone else is playing w him, like his play silks.

I'm contemplating night weaning. At this point i just cant deal w the sleep dep any more. Last night was really rough, i think i got 3-4 hrs total (hes been reverse cycling for a while now). I've read NCSS, but what im lacking is the magical ability to comfort him n the night w/o a bottle. I've tried, and he just ramps up and up until hes fully awake and hysterical. Anyone have any brilliant suggestions?

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#75 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Hi ladies! 2boyz, that's great that you finished the marathon! It looks like it was a really fun day.

Diana, Lake does not really play with toys either. He likes to pull tupperware out of the cupboard, take out the items in my purse, remove all the clothes from our drawers, dump all the condiments out of our fridge. He does not get tired of doing these things and he never puts anything back! He has a little cash drawer that beeps; he loves that but only plays with it if DH or I play with him. Everything else he looks over for 5 minutes then throws on the ground.

Lake has been teething lately and he is cranky! He is usually very independent but now he wants us with him all the time and when he's tired he must be held. I felt his gums and there are bumps all along the top right and bottom. I think it's his molars b/c he handles teething pretty well but who knows.

He has also started flip-flopping on naps again. Last time he did this for about 2 weeks before settling into 2 naps. I think this time is for real though. On Saturday and Sunday, he slept for 30 minutes in the morning and 1.5 hours in the afternoon.

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#76 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
I thought I'd share a pic of Viv from last night. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...vcrazyhair.jpg

She's not crazy about sitting down to take a bath, but is willing to stand and be wiped down.

Look at that hair! SO cute!

Keagan hated baths until I started tossing him in with his brother. Now baths are a 2-for-1 deal around here and it usually buys me enough time to clean the bathroom and SOMETIMES read a chapter in a book as they entertain each other really well. He's stable enough that I would also be comfortable leaving my oldest keeping an eye on them for a couple minutes at a time if I wanted to toss dinner in the oven. I haven't yet, but I would if necessary.

Cristeen- if he's not able to be soothed any other way, it may be that he is legitimately hungry at that time- especially if he is reverse cycling (K has been a reverse-cycler all along.) It's helping here to really encourage eating quite a bit throughout the day and a long nursing session (or bottle) right before bed. I will work towards night weaning closer to 18 months, I think. The sleep deprivation is awful- but you can switch off nights with your husband so that should help.

Toys? Well- wooden blocks, megablocks, peekablocks... (notice a pattern?) Also, my boys really love climbing and the weather is soon going to get crummy, so I'm toying with the idea of a small climber/slide to use inside. Also, probably a tunnel/fort thing. I won't have much living space, but maybe it will keep two super active toddlers busy!
#77 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 PM

Congratulations 2boys! I'm so impressed!

My lo's turning one this week, and although he can't stand or walk, he looks and acts like a kid, not a baby. He can say a few words, (hi, bye, and baby), and copy hand motions.

Party is next weekend at the house. I'm catering and getting the house prof cleaned. I'm only making the cake, and have really pared down the guest list.

Toys? DS is sooo into purses and wallets right now. we put his other toys into it, and button all the latches and let him go to town.

Does anyone have this problem with stacking cups? DS can't seem to figure out small and big. He's constantly trying to put the big one in the small. He'll work at it and work at it, until finally he throws a tantrum, or starts crying in frustration. We've tried to teach him, but no go. The best we can do is to show him how to throw them all on the floor, and pick them up, (hopefully in a different order).

In other news... we're done nursing as of yesterday. Now that it's just colostrum, DS won't latch, even if he's hungry and screaming for a bottle. So we are done. I'm still considering tandeming, and he'll definitely get pumped milk in a bottle, but I'm not sure he'll even want to nurse in a few more months.

He also slept in his own room this weekend. He had a cold, we have vaulted ceilings in our room, so we put him in the nursery with the humidifier. we were planning on sleeping with him after that first waking, but he slept through the night.

I agree that DH's snoring keeps even *me* awake.... but both in one weekend are a punch in the gut. i've been replaced by a vicks humidifier and a bottle.

I had always expected that he'd be sleeping with us/nursing well into the 2nd year and beyond.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#78 of 455 Old 09-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Hugs Tex. . .I know it would be hard to wean and stop bed-sharing before I expected. But you guys are doing what you need to do, and you never know, he may come back to nursing with gusto when their is another nursling.

Cristeen--hugs to you too. No advice, just commiseration. The last couple nights Noam has been nursing all night long. And this is an increase from his normal 4 or so night-nursings. Man the sleep deprivation is hard. I do try to nap with him during the day, but then of course I have no time to get anything done around the house without his "help". Sigh. I don't know if its teeth or what, but I noticed that today after nursing all night he hardly nursed at all. Grrr. And I can't seem to convince him to nurse when he doesn't want to. So I don't know quite how to reverse this pattern.

As for toys, he has a few he likes--stacking cups and ring stacker. And man he loves balls! But mostly he likes our stuff. . .tupperware, vitamin bottles, my purse/wallet, etc. I guess that's a theme with our LOs.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#79 of 455 Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 AM

Hi September Mamas. I haven't been on this thread for awhile but it brings back such good memories to see your names.

Gena turned a year on the 16th and we didn't have a party for her. I just sang her happy birthday like 20 times.

She has been walking a lot within the last couple of days, she took her first steps about 2 weeks ago and has really gotten the hang of it.

Today was her first day of 1's and 2's class. It is a fun little group of moms with their toddlers. We do circle time and play time with the kids and then the moms get to chat.

Gena still nurses quite a bit and through the night. We still mostly co sleep but some times I put her in her own little bed, but she does wake and crawl back in with me and DH.

I also have not gotten my period back. I think I had the faintest, barely there period about a month ago but it was pretty non exsistant so I am not really calling it a period.

I am still a SAHM but I have recently started taking some college classes and that is plenty to keep me busy.

It sure is nice to hear about you and your babies.

Happy B Day sweet Babies! (I can't believe how fast this year has flown!)

Vanessa, human of many awesome and not so awesome qualities. ; married to my Scorpio
mama to Ayden 6 years and Gena born 9/16/09
#80 of 455 Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

cristeen and kismetbaby - hugs. so hard.

toys: viv loves the stacking cups, blocks, her phone, anything paper or cardboard, and the cozy coupe a neighbor gave us. I don't know what I'm getting her for her birthday - seriously considering the Duplo blocks. Oh and given a chance she will make a bee-line for the piano in the living room (usually it is gated off).

My mom has been taking her to the Y in the mornings so I get a chance to do work stuff and Viv gets to play with other kids. She loves it! and when it is time to go home she runs to mom. I'm feeling very lucky that my parents are so involved.

#81 of 455 Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

Cristeen - I'm thinking the same thing on night-weening. I've switched to warm water instead of any milk/water mix, and that's fine, but removing the bottle as a whole... just as you said, it's his main sleep trigger. He can't get back to sleep on his own.
I also think he's going through some teething or growing, as nights have become increasingly hard. He was STTN for two months and then all of a sudden, he's up, 2-3-6 times. So maybe we'll wait for this "phase" to end before removing the bottle as a whole.

#82 of 455 Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM

I know im one of the last for our group, but...

My little man is 1!!! WAHHH! How the heck did that happen?!?!

Today we're going to try to start swim class and then go to Fairyland w a friend, since DH couldnt get the day off (3 other people are off, so he can't be). Party is Saturday. Where oh where has the time gone?

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

#83 of 455 Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 AM

Rowan has finally cut his 3rd tooth! The 2nd top tooth is just under the surface, but not cut yet. Teething, or something, is making night-life Hell recently. He's up 2-3-7 times. Last night was Every.Single.Hour. OMG. Both DP and I were totally haggered when Rowan was ready to get up at 7:30, bright-eyed and ready to play. what is going on!

8 steps! his longest stretch, so far. he's taking off from all the furniture, but doesn't make it too far. He's definitely taking his time with the walking thing, but I'm totally OK with that. It's just fun to watch his excitement when he actually makes it a few steps!

One-nap - it's official (I think), 5 days straight. last week he couldn't make it til noon... now, he can. One nap, 1-2hrs, normally after lunch. I'm still getting used to the change in our schedule. He's going down a little later, back to 7-7:30, and waking up 7-7:30. But, as I mentioned, NOT sleeping At All during the night.

Babbling like bonkers. Talking to his toys, to me, just to animate his day. The babbles are crazy and super fun. All consonants and vowels. He still doesn't have "words", but at least it's So Much More than mamamamama.

#84 of 455 Old 09-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Jordan - when a night is shaping up like that, I give him Motrin. I know many moms around here are completely anti, but fact is nothing else has worked, and I just cannot go days on end with no sleep. One night without sleep leaves me a very impatient and yelling mommy, 2 makes me an absolute bear, so I give him Motrin so we both can get some sleep.

And A seems to have been waiting for his bday. Today he repeated his little friend when she asked for water - he looked at me and said wa-er. And then as DH and I were trading off at bedtime (DH does stories, I do bottle), I said "say night-night, Daddy" - and he said "nigh-nigh". Color me flabbergasted!! He said something else today, don' remember what though. And he did a fair bit of walking today, too. He's barely walked at all in the last week, but today he decided he was going to. Repeatedly. He can't possibly understand what today is, but for some reason it was a milestone day for him.

#85 of 455 Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Cristeen - I really want to "like" your post, a la facebook. LOL

I will admit that I am not a fan of motrin or tylenol, I do see their usefullness. Especially during the teething stage. Biggest issue I have with it is the constant dosing that some parents seem to engage in (saw a patient who was going thru a bottle a week of baby tylenol! for her 5 month old who wasn't sick). As with most parenting decisions, we have to do what works best for our families. Sometimes, that means a dose of a pain-relieving medication.

I saw an article that really hit home for me yesterday. It talked about JMs (judgy moms) and BWs (breastfeeding warriors). Judgy moms make other moms feel like dog doo when the don't bf for at least (insert time frame). Breastfeeding warriors are supportive of other moms and recognized that we aren't all the same. BWs are the ones that say, "I may not agree with exactly what you are doing, but I will defend your right to do what is best for your family in a heartbeat. And I will support you in any way that I can." Just thought it was a really interesting take on things.

In my class on Wednesday, I got up on my bf soapbox - we were talking about world hunger. I really like the text I'm teaching from as it talks about some of the diseases of malnutrition and hunger being exacerbated by moms stopping bf early (especially in developing nations). Hoping that some of my students will think about the material we covered when it is their time to be parents.

#86 of 455 Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
Cristeen - I really want to "like" your post, a la facebook. LOL

I will admit that I am not a fan of motrin or tylenol, I do see their usefullness. Especially during the teething stage. Biggest issue I have with it is the constant dosing that some parents seem to engage in (saw a patient who was going thru a bottle a week of baby tylenol! for her 5 month old who wasn't sick). As with most parenting decisions, we have to do what works best for our families. Sometimes, that means a dose of a pain-relieving medication.

I saw an article that really hit home for me yesterday. It talked about JMs (judgy moms) and BWs (breastfeeding warriors). Judgy moms make other moms feel like dog doo when the don't bf for at least (insert time frame). Breastfeeding warriors are supportive of other moms and recognized that we aren't all the same. BWs are the ones that say, "I may not agree with exactly what you are doing, but I will defend your right to do what is best for your family in a heartbeat. And I will support you in any way that I can." Just thought it was a really interesting take on things.

In my class on Wednesday, I got up on my bf soapbox - we were talking about world hunger. I really like the text I'm teaching from as it talks about some of the diseases of malnutrition and hunger being exacerbated by moms stopping bf early (especially in developing nations). Hoping that some of my students will think about the material we covered when it is their time to be parents.

ITA... someone emailed me this . It made me laugh and also take a second look at myself. I really try hard not to judge, but it's hard to be careful about what you say. Also, I see men doing this just as much as women so I really do feel that it's a parenting thing.

I hope the nights start going better for everyone. DS has two teeth coming in at the same time, and if the whole day goes like this morning, I know I'll be dosing out the Tylenol tonight.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#87 of 455 Old 09-25-2010, 04:54 PM

ds usually sleeps in just a diaper, but he gets super cranky when he is even slightly too warm. (like his mama, lol)

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#88 of 455 Old 09-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
marathon
congrats mama!

update on us as succinctly as possible. we're still living with mil and fil, the big kids are in school now instead of being homeschooled, i still am pumping 4x a day, we're still insanelty broke, i'm looking for a job but really have no marketable skills right now, but we are getting further and further in the hole now that dh is only working 40 hrs a week. he is pulling his retirement money out, but we'll still not have enough to fix our roof and make our home livable in with the amount he is gonna get after the penalty for getting it so early. my big ds has strep throat, and i have a headache and a sore throat. ds and dd both are doing okay in public school, some problems here and htere but they're adjusting.

baby is still not walking and does a lot of babbling but only a few words still. he loves climbing on stuff though. he is not a big eater ever, and lately has been even worse again, i still offer him about 20 oz of (pumped) milk a day, but he doesn't drink much. the bottle from early this am he only drank 1.5 oz. the bottle from 10ish he drank all 5, and i'm pumping him the next one now. i am taking zoloft and it seems to be mostly doing the trick, as i don't cry all the time anymore, though i am still noticing that i get angry tons easier than i used to.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#89 of 455 Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Happy birthday to my baby girl!!! This year has gone too fast.

#90 of 455 Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
tzs

um.....just figured out today i'm preggos again. soooooo not ready. i was pretty much doing everything short of birth control to avoid it. i mean, i'm 35 too so i figured it would take months of actual trying once i was "ready." ugh!
and then i feel so bad talking like that too...i don't want my first memories of some new kiddo being "oh f*ck!"

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page