September 2009 Moms and Toddlers! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start our thread over here.

I can't believe that our little ones are turning or have already turned one!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't believe we are here in the land of potty training questions and threads about cute toddler sayings.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#3 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 03:18 PM

I'm absolutely not ready to make the leap either, but thank you for starting the thread.

Can I head back to the land of denial yet?
#4 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

sure. this thread will be waiting for us.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#5 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 PM

I don't think it will help lol he's standing and cruiing and almost ready to let go. What happened to my sweet little snuggly newborn?
#6 of 455 Old 08-30-2010, 11:54 PM

My DD took her first steps this weekend. I don't think she realizes that she is doing it, but she has definitely started walking.

K(35) : married to DH (36) : Sweet DD arrived Oct 2nd!
#7 of 455 Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 PM

This is a little strange being in this forum. It's exciting too!

Jennifer, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends' baby. That makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.

As far as sleeping goes, we are attempting to implement a bedtime for Lake this week. He gets tired around 8:30 but plays relentlessly until DH and I go to bed. I think it's time for me to structure things a little bit more though, for his sake and ours.

I'm also starting to worry about weaning Lake from the bottle. He loves solids but he also loves his bottle. It soothes him and puts him to sleep. I am picturing break down, drag out brawls with him over this! He is so stubborn and persistent when he wants something. Anyway, I know I've got some time but I need a game plan.

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#8 of 455 Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmomroxi View Post
I'm also starting to worry about weaning Lake from the bottle. He loves solids but he also loves his bottle. It soothes him and puts him to sleep. I am picturing break down, drag out brawls with him over this! He is so stubborn and persistent when he wants something. Anyway, I know I've got some time but I need a game plan.

My plan is to slowly transition him to a straw cup during the day. Night weaning will probably go next and the bedtime bottle will probably be last.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#9 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 AM

I think I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalalalala" until Niall is walking. I don't wanna move to the toddler forum. I'm ready for HIM to be a toddler, I just don't like moving where I check. :P

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
#10 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the support ladies. I appreciate it. SO hard to know what to say/do for my friends, other than to let them know I am here for them... and I know that it has to be so much harder for them.

In news here, we got Viv shoes yesterday... and she likes to have them on. Took her about 20 minutes to figure out how to walk with them on, but now she's good to go. Tooth 9 feels to be on its way in, and maybe 1 year molars (poor baby!).

I started a new job on Friday - teaching 3 classes a week (1 hour each on MWF) at the community college that's a block from our house. It takes me about 3 minutes to walk there. I finished teaching at the other school Monday night; still have an in service on Thursday, but otherwise done. I have kept the door with them open so that I can substitute this quarter and teach in the spring if need be. I am also (finally!) opening my chiropractic office in 10 days! So much to get done and I'm a bundle of mixed emotions: excitement, terror, joy. If anyone is interested, I'll post pictures once we have the space finished (should be by Sunday).

The bigger kids have been back in school for almost a week and Viv is taking awesome naps - usually at least 1 that is 1.5 hours long - per day.

#11 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM

I think Lake is working on 1 year molars as well! And he just learned how to walk in shoes too! He just stood in them for a long time balancing. It was cute to see!

That is fantastic about your new jobs! I'm so happy for you. I definitely want to see your new office when it's done.

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#12 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM

hey, just wanted to get a post in here so I can find this again later. And wanted to let everyone know that 2boyzmama posted in life with a babe, in our posting...and she sounds like she is having a rough time. Thought you might want to check in there.

Sophia has 6 teeth, is starting to walk, says dog and duck all the time, loves tags, wants my food, but only to spit it out, loves the outdoors and is getting a bit more independent.

I am having a rough week and considering the possibilities of PPD. The thought of drugs scare me, but the natural stuff I think I am doing. Vit D, prenatal still, lots of walking and out door time...but no me time, ah we shall see!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
#13 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM

I am NOT ready to be here And since Gavin is the youngest in this group (Oct 3) it definitely feels way too early to move over here.

He's doing well. He has 3 teeth now, which I need to go back and look, but I think that's the most this early of all three of my kids. I think Ian and Connor only had 2 on their first birthdays. But maybe I'm wrong. He finally started real crawling a month ago, and is now pulling to stand. He's getting brave with standing, will let go of one arm, pivot around, squat down and back up, etc. He's still a ways away from walking though. Ian was an early walker (first steps 9.5 months) and Connor was a late walker (16 months) so we'll see where Gavin falls. I'm betting he'll be perfectly average at 12-13 months or so.

There's probably more to say, but I'm sick with bad mastitis, so my brain is definitely not functioning. I'll write more later.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#14 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This just feels wrong!! :-)
Rowan's not walking. Only has two teeth. And has no hair.
"Babe" is still just fine with me :-)

ACK - he's going to be a year in less than two weeks! Amazing how time passes.

This week has been learning to THieve everything. Ooh, found the remote... and then steals it away. Tries to give it to you, then steals it back. What a fun game. Hmmm.... no missing cell phones yet, but I see it coming.

single, WAH home, to my only very kind & sweet lil man
#15 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
hey, just wanted to get a post in here so I can find this again later. And wanted to let everyone know that 2boyzmama posted in life with a babe, in our posting...and she sounds like she is having a rough time. Thought you might want to check in there.

Aw thanks!

I'll be okay, I'm just so sick, in so much pain

You hang in there too, okay? I think I've been skirting around PPD this time, managing to control it okay so far by myself, but there are definitely times when I just want to crawl in a hole and hide from the world.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#16 of 455 Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM

@2boyzmama- I hope you are feeling better!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#17 of 455 Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 AM

Hiya! Mom of a toddler, wow. Its surreal. In my head he's still a newborn sometimes. He's not walking or talking, but tonight he stood by himself for about 20seconds, just balancing there, I'm not even sure he knew he was doing it. But it makes me think that walking is just around the corner. He has stalled at 6 teeth. . .seems like those all came in at once and now nothing in quite awhile. Oh well.

He's been not wanting to eat much solids lately. Which is okay since he still nurses a lot, but at the same time, I'd like him to enjoy food more. And I think he might sleep better/more at night if he'd eat and not have to BF all night long.

Our other issue of the moment (which is I guess an appropriate one for the toddler forum) is we find it suddenly impossible to eat at restaurants. We've been having a "date night" with Noam and going out to eat, but he will no longer sit in a high chair. He wants to be down on the floor crawling around and this doesn't work so well out places. Not sure what to do besides finally find a babysitter for date night. I hope its a phase though I;d like to be able to go to restaurants (and other places) with him. These days I can only take him places like the park where he can be playing on the ground safely. Sigh.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#18 of 455 Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM

Kismet - what we do for restaurants is keep him on our laps, passing back and forth between us until food arrives. If were somewhere where he may not be able to eat our food, then i always pack something thats not messy andthat he can feed himself (like grapes ). When our food arrives he goes into the highchair, gets his grapes and ill feed him whatever he can have off our plates. It's not a nice leisurely meal like it once was, but for now it works. In another few months, different distractions will work.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#19 of 455 Old 09-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Cristeen--that's what we have been doing, but lately it ain't working. He'll sit with us or in the high chair for all of 15min before he realizes, "hey, there's a floor here i could be crawling around on!" Sigh. He's just not a sitting still type of guy. My DH and I fantasize about a restaurant that provides those play places like McDonalds, but actually has good food. Maybe we should start one!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#20 of 455 Old 09-03-2010, 12:06 AM

We don't bother going out to nice places- lol. We will sometimes order take-away and go to the park with it as that works MUCH better.

DH left this morning, I'm here alone with the three kids for the next few months until we move.

Tonight is just- really hard. I'm trying to be positive for the kids, but I want to curl up on the couch to cry for a few hours. I know we'll all be back together but this time apart stinks especially as- while I knew it would eventually happen- it was all very sudden.
#21 of 455 Old 09-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Hang in there confustication! Too bad we don't live closer, we could schedule regular play dates and dinner dates.

SO...I am...ALONE!!! That's right, alone The RC Air Show is this weekend http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...p?id=123216047 something the boys love going to (and I'm counting my husband as a "boy" ) so my husband promised me weeks ago that he would take the boys by himself and let me stay home.

It's perfect timing, since I'm recuperating from a bout of mastitis. I'm feeling just good enough to be away from the baby for a few hours (I have my pump if I need it) but I could really use extra rest still.

So I got them all dressed, packed, and sent them on their way!

In other news, it's cool weather here today, and the trees are starting to turn colors already. I had all three boys try on jeans and it looks like we're good to go on jeans for all three through at least the fall. Ian might need some new jeans by winter time, depends on if he grows any. Gavin looks so darn cute in jeans!!

It's 10:45am right now, I'm going to treat myself to Chipotle lunch when they open at 11, then I'm coming home and laying in bed with my burrito and a movie Ahh...truly heavenly!

#22 of 455 Old 09-05-2010, 12:05 AM
tzs

no, can't be. we're not even toddling yet.
plus, i just started feeling like i knew what i was talking about with all the "baby" stuff. crap.
we had our first birthday last week. (on the hebrew calendar, which is lunar, we were 9/9) yeah, i got her her own cake.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=5043942277
she got a riding toy and hopped right on it even though her feet don't quite make it to the floor. she's actually climbing everything. i don't think we're even close to walking but she can climb!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#23 of 455 Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

I need to figure out a way to keep Viv out from under the kitchen table - she scraped her head yesterday (left about an inch long bloody scratch). Biggest challenge is when people are sitting at the table.

We are working on what to get her for her birthday - I'm thinking little people (she has 3 she loves), a book or two and maybe a wooden puzzle.

I can't believe how fast this last year has gone.

#24 of 455 Old 09-05-2010, 11:55 PM

Amiel has taken his first steps not toddling but getting there. i'm half ready to be here. sometimes i get bored over at the other forum but it's bittersweet our babies are growing up!
#25 of 455 Old 09-06-2010, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

OUCH! I was wiping down Viv's teeth and felt something toward the back of her gums... she's got at least one molar in. Didn't feel anymore before she decided to chomp on me.

#26 of 455 Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 AM
tzs

do they get molars before the other teeth on the side or are you just way ahead of us? we only have two on top and two on the bottom.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#27 of 455 Old 09-07-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Viv is ahead (all my kiddos seem to get teeth early). She has the four front top and bottom, and a one year molar on the left (can't remember top or bottom). She also has bulges for 2 other molars. After the molars come in, they usually get the canines. A great chart here: http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInf.../0043-pop.html

#28 of 455 Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 AM

We've still got only the two bottom teeth. He keeps grabbing his mouth like he did when they were coming in and in the past two days has started grabbing my hands and my husband's hands to chew on them but we're not seeing any significant teething progress.

Anyone else flopping back and forth between one nap and two? It's driving me crazy! I want to know how my day is going to be affected so I can plan ahead. I know I have to give up sometimes but I really need to be able to do laundry and dishes and prep dinner and... I can't do all of that with a nap-refusing kid that's rubbing his face and crying all over the place.

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
#29 of 455 Old 09-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Happy birthday to the kids! I can't believe we're here. Remember when we were on labor watch and daydreaming about meeting our LO's? Time has flown by!

2bozy, I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

Lake is still getting 2 naps a day. He used to flop back and forth but now he is definitely getting 2. They are later in the day though so his bedtime is horrendous. I hate putting that kid to bed. DH and I take turns, thankfully.

That is amazing that Viv has a molar already! I should check Lake's gums since he and Viv seem to be on a similar schedule.

How is feeding going for you guys? Lake used to eat solids wonderfully. Now, not so much. The bulk of his nutrition is still formula. He definitely has favorite foods (strawberries, eggs, yogurt) but spits out anything else. I would like to start giving him proper meals but besides breakfast he won't eat. I guess I will just keep trying until he starts liking everything again.

#30 of 455 Old 09-07-2010, 10:56 PM

@2boys~thank you for your support. I have a recent calendar for this months activities in the town and circled a whole bunch I can walk to. It is giving me something to look forward each week and keeping me busy. I am feeling better already. There is even a blue mamas group this saturday that I think I will check out. I am still waiting on a therapist to call me back, although I am a bit hesitant to follow through on that, b/c I am afraid the solution is drugs

Sophia fell out of bed last night! I feel terrible, she even has an impression of the floor on her forehead. DH freaked, so we called the on call and made a trip in this morning to the Dr....but all was well. She was her new normal cheery self.

She is becoming more and more independent. I can manage to squeeze a shower in...although 12 months ago I would not have called the fiasco a shower, but I think I have changed my standards! I manage to wet my hair and shave in the tub, then she insists on joining so I use the shower while she plays at my feet in the tub, then I escape, dry my hair and get dressed while she splashes away. House cleaning is still hard to accomplish. We spend many hours outdoors, where she is the happiest. She is taking up to 10 steps at a time, but still prefers to crawl, especially if I try to get her to walk to me. Everything has to be her idea otherwise she ignore me...and I mean ignores me, looks at me out of the corner of her eye while she points her head at the wall. It is SO cute. I bet in another 4 years, heck probably less than that, I won't find it nearly as cute!

Still no Mama or Dada. Bird, Tay (dog's name), Dog, bird and Book, those are her words. Oh and my personal favorite. Okay so you know if you go outside to call your cat, you make a clicking sound with your tounge against the rough of your mouth and yell "here kitty kitty kitty". Well that clicking noise...that is her "word" for kitty. LOVE this!

Food is still a joke, water is something to spit out, food is for the dog and mama milk is for Sophia! Someday she will catch on...when she is ready.

OH and teeth. two on the bottom, four on the top. She is measuring 29.5 inches long and 22lbs. Just bought the new car seat today!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page