It's Birthday Month! - Sept 07 mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm missing so much lately. It seems I need to follow along and contribute more.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#32 of 44 Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently you and I are on the same wave-length with doing a camping trip, FG. I think that would be awesome! But, does everyone camp?

Mama to three  
#33 of 44 Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Let's go in 2012. I'm up for anything when Andrew is deployed again.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#34 of 44 Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We don't camp but we could figure out something. I've stayed in cabins in Jackson Hole and done just fine. Someday, maybe we'll learn how to camp, though. Or buy a pop-up! A friend was telling us (and some other friends with a similar vehicle and family size) that we should get a pop-up and travel that way. Sounds like fun and something I could cope with even with my safety paranoias.

And I will say, Texas is most definitely in the middle. But that does mean anything central-ish is easy to get to for us, so I won't complain! We've been to Moab and Arches Nat'l Park and loved it! We went from there to SLC and then to Redding, CA; the Bay Area; LA; Grand Canyon; Lubbock, TX; and home. It was a looong trip but lots of fun, and we're about due for another one after baby comes.

mommajb, how are you and yours doing?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#35 of 44 Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Dude. Ladies I had to page 4 pages back to find out thread. Where is everyone?

We just had a splendiferoussuperspectacular third birthday party for Chaya

We did apple stamps (I apples in half and cut shapes out, then we dipped then into paint), bubbles, balloons, and a spoon and egg race. And the playsilks are a huuuuuuuuuge hit. It was totally fun! And she peed. in. the. potty. Twice!!!!

re: camping - I figured it would be the most cost effective plan for all of us. Frankly, I really want to go on a Disney cruise but that might be slightly (cough) out of our budget

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#36 of 44 Old 09-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Alicia, sounds like an awesome time! Yay!

A cruise sounds fantabulous! I'm no fan of Disney but something kid-friendly sounds great. Of course, I've never been on a cruise ship, have some tendency towards motion sickness, and am terrified of my children falling through/over/under the railings. But I'd really like to take one AND take my kids!

Camping/cabining sounds great, though. Just as long as it's not HOT! Seriously, I am ready for Fall... And being without air conditioning in temps above the mid-70s is not, um, cool, shall we say. So let's pick somewhere temperate if it must be in the summer!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#37 of 44 Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

There's a campground at DisneyWorld. (And hotels, for those so inclined .)
(I was when I realized it was DisneyWorld and not DisneyLand. I wanted to take our camper on a family vacay to Disneyland.)

I have two issues with Yellowstone - bears, and waaay toooo many people I have kinda the same issues with Yosemite. And DH would be very concerned with my car if we took it to Yosemite. He thinks there's so much crap in it that the bears will tear it apart no matter how clean I think I have it.

There's always High Sierra Music Fest

Mama to three  
#38 of 44 Old 09-26-2010, 11:52 PM

I really don't care where we go. Now that I'm comfortable traveling with kids and they're older I will go anywhere, and deployments free up a lot of funds because pay is tax free. I think it would be a lot of fun to get together

If you saw my drama on Facebook you know how my afternoon went. I'm seriously going to start hoping and praying every day that this child will learn to keep himself out of danger. Laine is a big antagonizer now and they love to chase each other so it adds a whole new dimension to getting hurt. He's totally fine otherwise and you'd never know he hurt himself, of course Maybe I just need to figure out how to wrap him in a bubble wrap suit.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#39 of 44 Old 09-26-2010, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Katie, do you camp? Or do you prefer hotels and/or cabins?

Mama to three  
#40 of 44 Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 AM

I haven't been camping in a long time but I used to go a lot as a kid, I don't mind camping and I think it'd be fun for the kids to go.

We are being forced on a cruise for a destination wedding next year but we're saying our presence is conditional based on how much moving is going to cost us.

#41 of 44 Old 09-29-2010, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
The visit itself went well but I don't think my MIL really believes that my children can't have dairy.
Were things OK between you and MIL, after what you found out?

Mama to three  
#42 of 44 Old 09-29-2010, 10:45 AM

The first day or two went okay but she started to get on my nerves with how passive aggressive she is. She wouldn't leave us alone about leaving the kids with her when we were planning on going to Syracuse (we didn't end up going for another reason). I wasn't comfortable with it because neither of them have spent an entire day away from us with someone else before, but she takes it as a personal attack on her ability to take care of children. The fact that she doesn't care enough not to give them dairy is really frustrating and really doesn't make me feel comfortable with her watching them either. I have no problem calling her out on stuff she does and showing my displeasure, though.

We're supposed to go to DC from the 8th - 11th because my BIL has a lacrosse game and they'll be there, they just went ahead and bought us hotel rooms. I'm looking at is as an opportunity to scout the city because it's one of the places we could end up in next year.

Speaking of which, Andrew got an email yesterday telling him to put in his packet to make captain. They're going to promote him in June because they can't use him anymore as an LT like they were planning, so it makes sense to promote him on schedule. I think he thought that this was somehow a good thing and changed the fact that he has to find a civilian job. He's resistant to it because the Army is really predictable to him in a lot of ways. Even if he could put in the paperwork to go active duty in June, if that doesn't work out we still have to have a backup plan otherwise it's going to be August and he'll have no job and we'll have no place to live.

#43 of 44 Old 09-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Just had Emma's birthday last weekend. Very small occasion with a fellow MDC patron! Really nice to finally meet her and her great kids

I felt a bit bad for my daughter as she has no friends around here. I am terrible at going to playdates and she hasn't started school yet, so her parties are either a gathering of my friends, who don't have kids, or just my spouse and I.

Anyone else have this issue?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#44 of 44 Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

new thread

(It's in childhood years, now)

Mama to three  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page